Thursday yardwork

Let's start our day with a good morning here.

Thursday yardwork

Postby carolb » Thu Jul 13, 2017 5:32 am

Gmorning all :)

Yikes, Donna! Just unbelievable, but I truly hope you & Phee are recovering. As well as Liz & Thistle...Alice, I'm "wow-ed" too that you're in Keystone already! Hope you have a great time with all the gals up there.

Yes, very busy here at my camp driveway. Birdie arrived a week ago today & hadn't stopped working til OSharon arrived Monday evening! That was a good reason to take a couple days of R&R. Predicted rain (which really didn't amount to much) caused us to postpone our camping trip to Lake Ontario. Instead, I sent them both off on an adventure yesterday--river boat ride down the Erie Canal:) But today, they're both going to help me with some chores--not laundry or ironing ;) but with some yard work that was neglected during fence construction. Just really having a great time with them here!Weather looks good for camping after this weekend.

Sorry for those of you in the extreme heat & fire areas:( Y'all have a great day & be safe always!
carolb

Re: Thursday yardwork

Postby Carolinagal » Thu Jul 13, 2017 8:42 am

Good Morning Everyone !! Another driving day that was too long but the scenery coming up to the heads was sooo pretty even my youngest gran(9) was impressed and no telling how many pics he took. We went out to eat and can't figure what I ate that didnt like me, sure tasted good, but not getting far from the RV today. :oops:

We're settled in here for few days, kids are thrilled now to just keep up with them they want to see and do everything. And my day starts like this, :roll: hmmm

Sounds like everyone's beginning to stir out there, better see what I can do. Grands are still sleeping and even Mr P is sound asleep. He always sleeps in though. I almost feel like crawling back in.

Wishing you all a good day,
CArol
Carolinagal

Postby JudyJB » Thu Jul 13, 2017 1:02 pm

Sounds like everyone is having fun getting together. I hope some more of you can meet up with the few of us who are going to Merrill Campground in northeastern California.

It is SO nice to have some cool weather for a change. I have my windows open and if there were a tree or two, I would not need AC. I have it set high, so it only comes on once in a while, but this place is very open high desert with nary a tree in sight! (Just a few short ones that don't really give shade.) Anyway, at noon it is now 65 degrees. Got to finish a couple of things inside and then get out to clean up my bike and put it back on the rack with the new cover. I can see storm clouds building up to the south over the mesas as it has been doing each day, so only have a couple of hours. Love the rain, by the way.

Tomorrow I will go exploring into Gunnison.
JudyJB
http://grandmajjb.blogspot.com/
https://2022humongousukadventure.blogspot.com/
"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts." Mark Twain.
JudyJB

Location: In various COE and state parks in Florida for winter.

Postby BarbaraRose » Thu Jul 13, 2017 7:12 pm

My phone died completely today. Had to run to WM to get a Tracfone for now.

Linda, Ava and I went to the alpine slide this afternoon. We took the chairlift to the top and sat outside by the restaurant talking for awhile. Very nice and breezy up there! Ava opted to go back down on the chairlift but Linda and I rode down on the alpine slide. I beat her down! That was fun!

I invited them all to my site for strawberry shortcake later this evening. Then I need to start getting packed up for leaving tomorrow morning. Not a very far drive but will stop half way at Devil's Tower for a bit on the way.

It will be different being out on my own most of the rest of the trip. Hoping I can meet up with Sheila at the Grand Tetons tho.
Barbie, Romeow, and Sophie, missing Lola! (and lots of ferrets running around in my heart!)

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"
-Anatole France
BarbaraRose

Return to Morning Coffee