Middle of the week Wednesday

Let's start our day with a good morning here.

Middle of the week Wednesday

Postby avalen » Wed Jul 12, 2017 7:55 am

Good morning ladies
Got a good nights sleep, even hearing the train from time to time.
Will make Keystone this afternoon probably, as I'm not that far.
A nice visit with Carol, the grand's, and the little Peanut. All gave me
a smile.
Plans are to dump before heading out, gas up as I get out of town and
continue north. Y'all have a great day, be safe.
Somewhere with Ava and Maggie
avalen

Re: Middle of the week Wednesday

Postby havingfunnow » Wed Jul 12, 2017 9:23 am

My goodness, I have about 400 pounds of sawdust in my van! I got it from a new-ish business local business that put an ad in the free section of Craigslist. Turns out that they are happy to be an ongoing source. Weeds beware! It's in these enormous bags that take two men to lift into the van -- and they work hard to do it! I figure I'll trundle my garden cart up to the door, close the bag, and trundle the cart into the yard. Repeat. But maybe not this afternoon with the thunderstorms and flood warnings. ;)
Louise
Image and The William too!
havingfunnow

Postby BarbaraRose » Wed Jul 12, 2017 11:07 am

Good morning gals! Gorgeous cool sunny morning here after a really nasty storm last night. I was sitting in bed reading around 11pm when all hell broke loose outside! I thought it was a tornado since it was so loud! A wind burst came up out of nowhere and was rocking the camper. I thought my windows were gonna get ripped off before I could get them closed! Then about 5 minutes later, the thunderstorm hit with heavy rain. I texted Linda like "what the heck just hit us??" She was in her clam outside when the wind hit and barely got inside. The door blew closed on her hand as she was going in! My camper is parked down at the bottom of the hill by the creek but her and Beth's are up on a hill so they got the wind even worse I think.

Nothing much planned so far for today other than laundry.

Ava, I got all excited when you said you would be in Keystone today, but then I realized you probably meant Keystone, Colorado! :(

Hope you all have a good day! :D
Barbie, Romeow, and Sophie, missing Lola! (and lots of ferrets running around in my heart!)

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"
-Anatole France
BarbaraRose

Postby beazle » Wed Jul 12, 2017 11:27 am

Well, DH had his Mohs surgery on Monday: took all day. Now I'm being the nurse with daily dressing changes. Came out well from my nurse perspective but he's horrified by the wound appearance!
Weather here has been primarily warm, with rain almost every night. Today I'm going to look at a couple private CGs nearby to sanitize & flush all the tanks & water lines. Our last CG had horrible rusty stinky water that left an ugly residue on the outside of the rig, so it's got to be dirty inside as well. Will change the water filter too.
Last thing: the National Park senior pass price increase goes into effect the day after I become eligible, & my birthday is on a Sunday! So, I'm trying to plan a trip somewhere that gets me to a place to buy it on a Sunday! Looks like Sleeping Bear Dunes might be my best option so far. And, DH has a bunch of gigs with his quartet in August so I'm probably going stag.
That's all the news I know; safe travels to those on the road.
Eileen
beazle

Postby grammynmaggie » Wed Jul 12, 2017 11:38 am

Barbie I'm very interested in knowing how the Clam made it through the storm..
grammynmaggie

Postby JudyJB » Wed Jul 12, 2017 1:25 pm

It is noon here is Colorado and a wonderful 68 degrees! Had a lot of rain in the middle of the night, as well as a few sprinkles earlier in the day that cooled things off. Some clouds right now, and we might have more rain late this afternoon, which is fine with me! I am at 7,500 feet, which helps also. I hope this is a hint that the heat is gone for a while. Went out for a bike ride yesterday and took some photos of some really cute baby barn swallows with their crazy hairdos. (Check my blog.) What is funny is that a high school friend saw my blog and sent me some almost identical photos he had taken yesterday of baby barn swallows!

Not much going on today. Slept in and finally got to moving around and fixing breakfast of a BLT sandwich! Yum.
JudyJB
http://grandmajjb.blogspot.com/
https://2022humongousukadventure.blogspot.com/
"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts." Mark Twain.
JudyJB

Location: In various COE and state parks in Florida for winter.

Postby BarbaraRose » Wed Jul 12, 2017 8:39 pm

Surprise, surprise! Ava did show up here in Keystone this evening! And Carol too! How fun!

I spent the early afternoon riding up the mountain here on a chairlift, ate lunch at a restaurant at the top and rode back down on the chairlift. They have an alpine ride going down but wanted to save that for tomorrow with Linda.
Got back to my camper just before the skies opened up and we got hit with torrential rains for about half an hour or more. My nice babbling brook is now a raging muddy river! It cleared up nicely afterward but now the clouds are rolling in again. Very nice temps tho today around 80!

My phone isn't working right now. I can't get or send any text messages since this morning. Not sure what the problem is. Calls come in since I got a call this morning from a friend back in MN and talked to him for about half an hour. Always something! :roll:
Barbie, Romeow, and Sophie, missing Lola! (and lots of ferrets running around in my heart!)

-Anatole France
BarbaraRose

Postby bikerchic777 » Wed Jul 12, 2017 11:35 pm

grammynmaggie wrote:Barbie I'm very interested in knowing how the Clam made it through the storm..

The Clam did AWESOME!!! I have it anchored very well. I even used seat belts that I removed from Myrtle for tie down straps and it's not going anywhere. Other than the top being white and letting so much light in, I'm liking it. Has anyone found a cover for the top? I can't see my computer screen out there.
Linda, Rags, and Brutus full-timing it in our 2017 Winnebago Micro Mini, Thumbelina.

When life throws you a curve, lean into it!
bikerchic777

Postby Cudedog » Thu Jul 13, 2017 10:22 am

Wow, Linda!

I'm liking the looks of Brutus!! VERY nice!

Could you post more about it? What year, what make (RT?) what kind of mileage it gets, how it handles, that sort of thing? I am putting my home on the market in a couple of weeks (after I "complete a few more projects" here - isn't that always the way?) so I have been doing a lot of "dreaming" on CraigsList and RVTrader.

My current love interest is Class C, either a 19' Thor Fourwinds, or maybe a 19' Coachman Freelander. Used, of course.

I like small, don't want to do the TT or truck camper thing, so one of these (or maybe something like yours!) just might be the ticket.

Thanks! :-)

I LOVE the compact floor plan on this one!:

https://www.rvtrader.com/dealers/Simi-RV-904892/listing/2017-Coachmen-Leprechaun-190-CB-122458184

Anne
The Stone Wind
Hand Made Hammered Copper & Natural Stone Jewelry
https://www.etsy.com/shop/thestonewind/
Cudedog

Postby BarbaraRose » Thu Jul 13, 2017 12:49 pm

Brutus is a 2013 Chihuahua "classie", gets about 1/2 mile per hour, and handles very well unless provoked by another canine. Not bad for a used model! :lol:

ZENella is her RV if that is what you want to know about! :lol:

-Anatole France
BarbaraRose

Postby Acadianmom » Thu Jul 13, 2017 1:43 pm

Anne, I would check with some of the Thor owners before I bought a Thor.

Martha
Martha
2010 Coach House
Acadianmom

Postby Carolinagal » Thu Jul 13, 2017 2:51 pm

DON'T !!! Unless you thoroughly check workmanship, structure, how and WHATEVER anything is made out of. My beautiful rig has tried its best literally to fall apart, inside and outside!!! I love driving it, (but Thor has nothing to do with that part of my RV), is the only really good thing I can say about mine. Others may be having better luck, but Thor hmm??? . Check their web site.

CArol
Carolinagal

Postby Azusateach » Thu Jul 13, 2017 5:53 pm

We have a 2015 Thor ACE and really enjoy it. Is it the top-of-the line? Nope. But we were very, very careful about checking it over before we drove it off the lot. The fit and finish isn't as high-end as a $200k diesel-pusher, but the cosmetic issues are nothing that were a deal-breaker for us. Structurally, it's been a sound rig, and we've enjoyed it over the last 2 years.

Any unit can have its share of problems. Thor is one of the largest manufacturers in the country, having bought up several others in the last few years, so I'd say that proportionally they're no better or worse than others.

If you find a floorplan you like, then do your level best to check it over from top to bottom. But to make a blanket statement about all rigs from a specific manufacturer being horrible isn't ... fair.

Laura
Last edited by Azusateach on Thu Jul 13, 2017 6:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Azusateach

Postby Cougarfan » Thu Jul 13, 2017 6:45 pm

THOR Industries basically buys RV manufacturers. Their latest acquisition is Jayco. They merged Damon International and Four Winds to create THOR Motorcoach. THOR Industries was started by 2 guys in 1980 when the acquired Airstream. They've been buying up companies ever since. So, they're basically just a corporation with a bunch of subsidiaries with the THOR name on them. With Forest River doing the same thing could explain why rv prices have skyrocketed. Very little competition anymore.
Cougarfan

Postby bikerchic777 » Fri Jul 14, 2017 1:03 pm

Cudedog wrote:Wow, Linda!

I'm liking the looks of Brutus!! VERY nice!

Could you post more about it? What year, what make (RT?) what kind of mileage it gets, how it handles, that sort of thing? I am putting my home on the market in a couple of weeks (after I "complete a few more projects" here - isn't that always the way?) so I have been doing a lot of "dreaming" on CraigsList and RVTrader.

My current love interest is Class C, either a 19' Thor Fourwinds, or maybe a 19' Coachman Freelander. Used, of course.

I like small, don't want to do the TT or truck camper thing, so one of these (or maybe something like yours!) just might be the ticket.

Thanks! :-)

I LOVE the compact floor plan on this one!:

https://www.rvtrader.com/dealers/Simi-RV-904892/listing/2017-Coachmen-Leprechaun-190-CB-122458184

Anne

Thanks, Anne! ZENella is her name. Barbie was teasing you, as Brutus is my Chihuaha. Rags is my Coton de Tulear. I'm loving ZENella! It's a bit tight, but has all I need. Wouldn't want to live in here with another person. As it is, Rags and I have a lot of stand-offs in the aisle :lol: I traded in Myrtle (35' Fleetwood Pace Arrow Class A) and sold my Ford Ranger toad. I wanted more freedom to go places and park in spaces that I just couldn't with Myrtle. I'm loving that! I even parked in a regular angle parking spot in downtown Rapid City the other day. I've driven on forest service roads and plan to do more of that. I really want to go to Alaska and that was a big reason for downsizing. I've had to do some minor modifications to allow for storage and my friend, Ken, just installed an electric conversion kit for my water heater and a new outlet (in a more practical place). So far, no regrets. I know you will find the one just right for you.
Linda, Rags, and Brutus full-timing it in our 2017 Winnebago Micro Mini, Thumbelina.

When life throws you a curve, lean into it!
bikerchic777

Return to Morning Coffee