Iron on Tuesday

Let's start our day with a good morning here.

Iron on Tuesday

Postby Colliemom » Tue Jul 11, 2017 6:36 am

Just kiding. Who irons anymore. Well, some people do. My cousins husband likes his shirts pressed. But laundry Monday brought back the thought of those days. Every day of the week had it's chore back in the day. I too was doing laundry yesterday.

Looks like a nice day here with some possible late afternoon showers. So far they have been passing us by these past few days. Did have one on Sunday night, but that was it. Summer has been beautiful here with sunshine and temps in 70's, with a few 80's thrown in. If there's such a thing as perfect weather, we have been having it. Have a tall ship sail boked for Thursday with friends and looks like perfect weather coming up.

Had a surprise yesterday afternoon, in that the gutter installers I hired last week, arrived yesterday afternoon. They said it would probably be two weeks before thry could get here, but happened to be in the area finishing a job, so came and did mine too. So my house now sports brand new gutters and downspouts as does the garage. What a difference in the appearance of the house. Love it. Far cry from the old ones and their brackets.

Off to Chiropractor and store this morning and then cooking the potatoes for tomorrows potato salad. Friends ariving in late afternoon. I'm planning a BBQ with them. Have a nice day everyone.
Sue and the Furry Crew
Colliemom

Re: Iron on Tuesday

Postby grammynmaggie » Tue Jul 11, 2017 8:09 am

Good morning Sue and all... well I'll be in Winchester today just in time for my great-granddaughters birthday her 3rd birthday I've only seen her twice before she was a year old... it surely has been an eventful trip I can't put it all on today but I'll tell you what happened yesterday short version,,, we stopped at the Virginia Welcome Center got out was walking behind the building when out of the corner of my eye I Saw Three Dogs Unleashed walking with three people immediately I looked and seen one charging at us I bent down to pick Phoebe up and just as I did that the dog came up behind her and scared her and I didn't get a chance there was a free-for-all the dogs chased after Pheebe and she was hysterical and screaming I was hysterical and screaming somehow I got knocked down flat on my back hurt my wrist it is swollen this morning and my arm scuffed up my back and my butt... They were something similar to Jack Russell Terriers but they were big the biggest one that was really after Phoebe was probably five times her size she weighs 7 1/2 pounds he got ahold of her what I look like to me was her neck and flung her around luckily it was just her harness that he got a hold of it was awful I couldn't get up some lady come to my rescue the man and two women were trying to Corral their dogs... Pheebe got wrapped around a pole with her leash and me on one end and her on one end it was horrible absolutely horrible the man kept yelling at me get up you're not hurt get up you're not he
Hurt ...well I hate to say it I just can't jump right up... anyway when it was all said and done they took off the lady that was with me went to see if she could find them and they were long gone.... we are okay but Pheebe is scared poopless she just is scared of everything the air conditioning ..she doesn't want to go outside and walk she climbs up my body every chance she gets... but we'll make it through I'm sure... at least it wasn't as bad as what Liz went through no broken skin on me or her from bites but believe me it was horrible...
grammynmaggie

Postby Carolinagal » Tue Jul 11, 2017 8:36 am

Good Morning Everyone !! I remember those days, Sue, not sure I followed with the right chores on the particular day though :roll: I did do washing yesterday, nice laundry here and you never know what you'll find if anything. Finally a little more organized too. Adding two more who after being told pack lightly needed so much :D more !!! My storage space is gone ( GD sleeping there, her little apartment she says ) so I'm sharing my bed with what I had to bring just for this trip, rest is waiting in NC to be picked up. GS, has his bed on table, which stays down as that table is so heavy I can't take it up and down.

Thinking of moving out today, my son left for a job and grandson is training new employee here, so don't want to interfere. Won't be a long day of driving , just enough to get where I can dump for free and give the kids a break on the riding. Heading to the heads( Rushmore) kids are excited to see them. I had several brochures from that area and they've selected things they want to see or do and it's pretty much what I hoped we'd have time for. Hate this rush, rush time crap. Never know what next summer will bring and we do have time for some sort of trip , so had to do it. But I'm tired :lol: :lol:

Suns climbing higher, better get moving. Have a great day all, wherever you are and whatever you've chosen to do !!
Stay Safe,
CArol

OH Donna, what a terrifying thing to happen. Sure they took off, knew how wrong they were !! So glad one decent person was there. Poor little Pheebe !! I do hope you're ok, a fall on your back, not good. Keep us posted. Wow!! Sure going to watch out for my tiny little buddy !!!! Seems to many crazy people out and letting their dogs run free!! Now, that's two of you, Liz and you. :o Sure hope you're ok
Carolinagal

Postby gypsyrose1126 » Tue Jul 11, 2017 8:49 am

Good Morning everyone - I remember ironing when I was growing up. We would iron on Sat. everything from sheets to my Dad's boxers! Can't remember the last time I picked up an iron!
Going to clean the car today inside and out, it is a mess. Have not heard from the dealer about my trailer, so will have to give them a call today. Got the hot water heater fixed yesterday, so was able to take a nice Long hot shower today. Have to admit, I miss being in my trailer and off somewhere. Will have to plan another trip! Going kayaking Thursday and Friday with a friend, weather will be perfect. Will go over to the cities next week to visit my daughter and grand kids. I sent them postcards a couple times every week while I was traveling, and they both said how much they enjoyed them, so I will have to remember to do that on all trips.
Donna, what a scary time for you. Hope you and Pheebe recover quickly - I missed whatever happened to Liz but sounds like the same thing, loose dogs. Hope everyone is ok-

Safe travels and enjoy the day.
Rosemary
gypsyrose1126

Postby mitch5252 » Tue Jul 11, 2017 10:17 am

Donna, how sad for your poor little pooch.
I ran into a similar potential problem when I took the Lance out earlier last week.
I grabbed Mattie up and yelled at the people to get their dog (who was charging us).
"Oh, he's friendly!" Well, hell, I don't know that, nor can any charging dog be trusted.

Now I know I'll never walk my little Monster without this...and NOT be afraid to use it.

mitch5252

Postby Cudedog » Tue Jul 11, 2017 10:39 am

Ironing:

I was the eldest of five children, and when I was growing up one of my many duties was doing all of the family ironing. From my Dad's handkerchiefs, to all of the family's clothing (everything needed to be ironed in those days!). For a family of seven. I was always at the ironing board on weekends, from morning until night, while my siblings were out in the neighborhood somewhere having fun with their friends.

Needless to say, I soon came to despise ironing. A feeling that has persisted to this day. From the time I was first on my own, at age eighteen, I have never intentionally purchased anything that needed to be ironed. About the only time I will iron these days - reluctantly - is on the rare occasions that I might need to sew something. I will iron in a folded hem rather than pinning it.

Donna:

So very sorry to hear about you and little Pheebe. How very very distressing for you both. I can't tell you how many times while out walking my own dog on leash that I have had near altercations with loose dogs. The owners ALWAYS say: "don't worry, he won't bite", this, as their dog is coming at me growling, with hackles raised and teeth bared.

Dog body language and intention is not difficult to read, unless one is an idiot - as I am sure the owners of your attackers must have been.

Many years ago, I trained with a man who made his living, and was well-known, in training police dogs. He also trained dogs - and their owners - locally. I remember him often saying that people would ask him if he trained their dog, if it could be guaranteed not to bite. His reply? "The only way I can guarantee that your dog will not bite is if you pull all of his teeth". He was speaking of any breed of dog. He was not joking.

I am a MAJOR dog lover - dogs, to put it mildly, are my life. I have sometimes been accused of liking dogs better than I like people. I don't deny it.

So stories such as yours fill me with impotent rage. There are people who should not have children, and there are definitely people who should never have dogs.

Donna, I will hold both you and Pheebe in my thoughts and pray that you both recover from this trauma.

My very best wishes to you.

Anne
The Stone Wind
Hand Made Hammered Copper & Natural Stone Jewelry
https://www.etsy.com/shop/thestonewind/
Cudedog

Postby Acadianmom » Tue Jul 11, 2017 11:54 am

I worked with a guy that said his grandpa told him to not trust anything with teeth. I always think about him when talk of dog bites come up.

Donna, I hope this doesn't make Pheebe afraid to go on walks now. Almost every time I have camped there is someone with a loose dog. Some people think that rules don't apply to them. I always made my boys leave dogs alone especially if we were on vacation a long way from home. I know what a hassle a dog bite can turn into. Neighbor kids made their dog attack my son when he was only about 4 years old. Another neighbor saw it happen and told me. I had to call the police to get any information on the dog from the owner.

I don't do much ironing either. I usually have to hem any pants I buy so might iron the hem and put a crease in them once. I won't buy anything that has to be dry cleaned.

It looks like we are in for more rain. I hope we can do without a lightening storm. It sounded like there were a couple of lightening strikes close a couple of days ago. It seems like it can't start raining without us having a lightening storm.

Martha
Martha
2010 Coach House
Acadianmom

Postby SoCalGalcas » Tue Jul 11, 2017 12:15 pm

I have not owned an iron for 23 years, ever since I retired. I used to iron my uniforms and whiten my shoes prior to work every day! My daughter irons once a week, everything, still.

Oh, those horrible dog attacks! Persons who let their dogs run loose should be horse whipped. On the town square!

I hope Phoebe and Thisle are doing OK. Donna and Liz are healing. Healing wishes heading your way.

Our weather has been beautiful. Not to hot along the bay.

Lyn

Limits exist only in the souls of those who do not dream./Desktop/IMG_0228.jpg
SoCalGalcas

Postby JudyJB » Tue Jul 11, 2017 1:29 pm

Donna, that was horrible! Of course they took off because you would have sued them had your friend caught them. I swear if I see something like that I am going to whip out my cell phone camera and take photos! Really stupid people. Reminds me of a campsite I once had. People across from me and on the inside of a bend had 5 teenaged boys and four adults in a 5th wheel and two tents. First, they should have rented two sites. Second, they had a huge Bouvier dog, which at 6:00 am each morning they tied to a large bush next to the roadway. He barked all day and lunged at people walking, especially if they had dogs with them. I thought for sure he was going to break his leash. I cheered and did a little dance when they left. 10 people at one site is too many and someone should have been patrolling. And why could they have not tied the stupid dog up to their RV?? People would walk around the corner, he would lunge, and they would jump like crazy. And the RVers would just sit and watch.

It's a little cooler today but i have hardly any Verizon signal so everything takes forever to load. Got to reschedule my RV appointment to get transmission flush for another day. Did get my flat bike tire fixed yesterday so I am going to go for a ride soon. Maybe it will rain later this afternoon, which would be nice, There are some clouds which are keeping it cooler. Wish this heat spell in the west would go away.

Wonder how Liz is doing?
JudyJB
http://grandmajjb.blogspot.com/
https://2022humongousukadventure.blogspot.com/
"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts." Mark Twain.
JudyJB

Location: In various COE and state parks in Florida for winter.

Postby Cudedog » Tue Jul 11, 2017 1:59 pm

JudyJB wrote:Wish this heat spell in the west would go away.

Yeah, me too. :(

Ps. This thermometer on my front porch is always in the shade.

Anne
The Stone Wind
Hand Made Hammered Copper & Natural Stone Jewelry
https://www.etsy.com/shop/thestonewind/
Cudedog

Postby BarbaraRose » Tue Jul 11, 2017 6:39 pm

I am right there with you about the heat wave!! Ugh!! :o Enough already!

Got my camper fixed yesterday. The hitch was put on the Jeep all wrong and I was also never told how to adjust it to put it on and take it off, so they showed me that. Pulls so much better now! Whew! :roll: They also replaced my converter since it wasn't charging my batteries at all. The Jeep is also not charging them while I am driving but they weren't able to fix that.

Today I took the Jeep in to get the brakes checked out. They said they are fine and look like they are new with new pads. So that makes me feel better altho not sure why they sometimes feel "soft" going downhill (without the trailer attached only).

Been busy today trying to make reservations for Yellowstone. Kind of last minute since I didn't know when I would be able to get the hitch fixed. I got three days at a campground just outside of West Yellowstone for next week. I will try tomorrow to get a few more days near the Tetons before moving on. Can't do any boondocking since it is way too hot at night for Lola and I without the AC on.

Linda and Ken are on their way to get me to go get some dinner here in town.

Donna, how scary with that dog attack! I hope little Pheebe can recover emotionally from that (and you too!) I am always leary around dogs I don't know. They can be so unpredictable no matter what breed they are.

Hope you all have a good night!
Barbie, Romeow, and Sophie, missing Lola! (and lots of ferrets running around in my heart!)

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"
-Anatole France
BarbaraRose

Postby Liz » Tue Jul 11, 2017 8:51 pm

Oh, Donna, I am so sorry about the dog attack. So frightening and could easily have been much worse. I'm especially disgusted with the cowardly owners who took off with their dogs, leaving you and Phoebe potentially injured. I would have called the police! That's what the animal control told me I should do if it ever happened again on a weekend when I couldn't call them directly. I hope you and Phoebe recover quickly from the scare. I have been carrying my hiking stick whenever I take Thistle out now.
Liz
https://wheresliz2018.blogspot.com
"Life in the presence of God...is a life to be enjoyed every moment of every day." A. W. Tozer
Liz

Postby Bethers » Tue Jul 11, 2017 10:08 pm

Donna, I'm so sorry... But glad that physically both of you are ok. I simply don't understand how the people could leave like that.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Return to Morning Coffee