Laundry Monday

Let's start our day with a good morning here.

Laundry Monday

Postby BirdbyBird » Mon Jul 10, 2017 7:26 am

Good Morning! Was planning to head out towards the Main coast today but decided to hang out one more day and came to town early to get my laundry done before the crowd. Beki made her way to my campground Saturday morning and she went with me when I visited the girls camp I worked for summers of 68,70,71. My stables and horses are gone but the addition of a climbing wall and a ropes course was neat. The cabins and the mess hall and many of the buildings from almost 50 years ago still function along with many new additions. I told Beki that the strangest part was seeing all the cars parked. Some were parents but many were the staff's. Back in the day few college age even had personal cars. I hitch hiked for the first time while attending camp there. It was one of the only way camp staff had to get back and forth from town and not just our camp but the hundreds that ring the lakes up there.... if you wanted clean laundry you had to make it to town. :)

Hope everyone creates some good adventures today and loooks for those silver linings.
Tina and the furry companions...Lark, Audrey and Jane
BirdbyBird

Re: Laundry Monday

Postby asirimarco » Mon Jul 10, 2017 9:12 am

Good morning to all. Laundry here too. Getting more and more like my Mother - Mondays always laundry. It is WARM here in Vegas. We've had 25 days of 105+ weather in a row already this summer. This whole week is forecast at 108+ And it is humid - 30% which is high for here. The RV goes back to the dealer tomorrow to get its back up camera/nav system fixed. It ONLY works if we are plugged into electricity. Not much help that way.
Then we are thinking about trying to find someplace a little cooler to go to for a few weeks. All of our membership campgrounds along the Washington and Oregon coasts are full - so much for that idea. And can't go up in altitude as that doesn't agree with Bill.
Working on a quilt for great grand that I didn't make one for. My sewing machine sits right next to an AC vent so it is one of the coolest in the house. Also making a couple of pillows for my daughters in law. Got to quit buying cute material that I have to use.
Otherwise all is well here.
asirimarco

Postby avalen » Mon Jul 10, 2017 9:19 am

Good morning
Only got a few chores done yesterda
so guess today we will get to the museum
in Strasburg Co. I did get the fridge
cleaned put and took that side strip
off to rearrange the shelves. The weather
continues to be nice and i know other places
are not so nice but i can't stay in one spot
forever. Need to get propane and dump the
tanks, will probably do the drive into Aurora
to take advantage of my discount at flying j.
Y'all have a great day, be safe.
Somewhere with Ava and Maggie
avalen

Postby Cudedog » Mon Jul 10, 2017 9:33 am

Avalen:

Looking at your Class A has expanded my thinking [dreaming] a bit.

Not my business, for sure, but would be interested to know how long your MH is, and what kind of gas mileage it gets, if you care to share.

Also, is it easy to drive?

Thanks. :-)

Anne
The Stone Wind
Hand Made Hammered Copper & Natural Stone Jewelry
https://www.etsy.com/shop/thestonewind/
Cudedog

Postby gypsyrose1126 » Mon Jul 10, 2017 10:21 am

Good Morning Everyone -- Got back from my trip yesterday, had a great time. Got out of there at the right time, with the temps soaring! Was surprised that Glacier got that warm, it was supposed to be 93 the day I left.
Left my trailer at the dealer to check out a couple problems I had on the trip. Should hear something today. Got home to no hot water, plumber coming sometime today to check the hot water heater. I tried to light the pilot light with no success.
Guess it is always something!
Weather here in WI is great, warm without being to hot and everything is so nice and green, flowers beautiful. Good to be home-

Safe travels everyone and enjoy the week.
Rosemary
gypsyrose1126

Postby avalen » Mon Jul 10, 2017 12:45 pm

Cudedog wrote:Avalen:

Looking at your Class A has expanded my thinking [dreaming] a bit.

Not my business, for sure, but would be interested to know how long your MH is, and what kind of gas mileage it gets, if you care to share.

Also, is it easy to drive?

Thanks. :-)

Anne

Absolutely easy to drive, its 26 feet and gas mileage varies betwern 11 and 14 mpg depending on load and uphill or down hill. Granted thats not fabulous for gas mileage but its doable for me for now.
Somewhere with Ava and Maggie
avalen

Return to Morning Coffee