No Sunshine Sunday

Let's start our day with a good morning here.

No Sunshine Sunday

Postby Colliemom » Sun Jul 09, 2017 6:29 am

Morning all. Carolb, sure has been nice seeing you posting more. Always enjoy your cheery posts. Glad you got the fence finished and with Birdie's help too. Now you can plant along it, decorate it or whatever you want. And O'Sharon arrives tomorrow. How great is that.

Cloudy with a chance of rain on forecast today. So probably won't be doing anything outside. Need to put down some dirt and grass seed though. Might be a good day for that if doesn't rain till later. Can pick up some bags of dirt and seed after Mass.

Been noticing that a few of you are talking about heading to IL for the solar eclipse. Might be a GTG down there? Wonder where GypsyRose is? Donna on the road yet? I want to get on the road in August, but not sure where as yet. Thinking north in the U.P. P, maybe Northern WI or MN. Plans in jello. Already thinking west for next year again.

Time to get a move on here. Have a nice day everyone?
Sue and the Furry Crew
Colliemom

Re: No Sunshine Sunday

Postby avalen » Sun Jul 09, 2017 9:20 am

Good morning
Will do a little house cleaning today, make a little bit of grocery
list for king soopers over in Bennett. I'll be out of coffee soon,
can't let that happen. A little house cleaning on the agenda, and
hope to get to the little museum this afternoon. Strasburg is
actually the spot where the Transcontinental railway met. I think
that will be interesting.
Not much else going on, I continue to battle the flies, but that's
country life on the farm, and you just deal with it. Maggie has always
been a fly hunter, so she is getting lots of practice.
Y'all have a great day, be safe .
Somewhere with Ava and Maggie
avalen

Postby MandysMom » Sun Jul 09, 2017 1:26 pm

We will be hot again but not as hot as the 108 and109 of past several days. Possibly some smoke from north. Remember the Oroville Dam with its spillway problems and evacuations? Well just read this morning that part of Oroville is now under fire evacuation. They can't just have a peaceful summer?!
Very concerned when I read on facebook this morning that Liz and Thistle were attacked yesterday by an aggressive dog and both have some bite injuries. Thistle is in cone of shame. Praying they both heal quickly.
Nothing planned here but staying in out of bad hot air,
Big thing this week is the new oncologist.
Velda
MandysMom

Postby Cudedog » Sun Jul 09, 2017 2:07 pm

Extremely sorry to hear that. My best wishes to Liz and Thistle that their injuries were not too serious. In my opinion, any bite injury is a serious injury of some degree, by definition.

I grow ever more frustrated with loose dogs. Ok, downright angry. I was at Merrill Campground at Eagle Lake last weekend. There are signs everywhere "Dogs Must Be On Leash" - at the rest rooms, along the paved walking trails, at the host campsite, tacked on trees - just everywhere.

When out walking my dog (on leash, of course!) at about 6:00 a.m while it was still cool (it got up to the mid-90's during the day) my dog was nearly attacked by a loose dog. The owner - a man - just laughed.

I was not amused. Ok, I was flaming mad.

I'm not on Facebook, hope Liz checks in here to let us know how she and Thistle are doing.

Anne
The Stone Wind
Hand Made Hammered Copper & Natural Stone Jewelry
https://www.etsy.com/shop/thestonewind/
Cudedog

Postby Liz » Sun Jul 09, 2017 3:27 pm

Thanks for your concern. Both Thistle and I are taking antibiotics. Thistle also has pain med. I also got a Tetanus shot. We hope to get confirmation whether or not the biting dog was up to date on inoculations tomorrow. If not that will mean another trip to ER to get checked out again.
Liz
https://wheresliz2018.blogspot.com
"Life in the presence of God...is a life to be enjoyed every moment of every day." A. W. Tozer
Liz

Postby JudyJB » Sun Jul 09, 2017 4:37 pm

Wow, sorry to hear this, Liz. Was this in a campground? I hope they did something with the dog and its owner.

I am disappointed sometimes when I see rules not being enforced at campgrounds. Rangers and camp hosts just warn people about loose pets. Saw a small dog loose the other day, but size really does not matter as small dogs mostly think they are big dogs when it comes to being aggressive. And they owners will say that they would never bite anyone!

The same day here, some people stole someone else's campsite. Got set up and even moved the reserved sticker. Camp hosts let them stay (because they refused to move) and found the other people a site. I would have kicked them completely out of the park and revoked their reservation!
JudyJB
http://grandmajjb.blogspot.com/
https://2022humongousukadventure.blogspot.com/
"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts." Mark Twain.
JudyJB

Location: In various COE and state parks in Florida for winter.

Postby Cudedog » Sun Jul 09, 2017 6:28 pm

JudyJB wrote:
I am disappointed sometimes when I see rules not being enforced at campgrounds. Rangers and camp hosts just warn people about loose pets. Saw a small dog loose the other day, but size really does not matter as small dogs mostly think they are big dogs when it comes to being aggressive. And they owners will say that they would never bite anyone!

The same day here, some people stole someone else's campsite. Got set up and even moved the reserved sticker. Camp hosts let them stay (because they refused to move) and found the other people a site. I would have kicked them completely out of the park and revoked their reservation!

Grrrr. Stealing a reserved campsite? Beyond belief!

If rules are not to be enforced, why have rules? If one pays for a campsite reservation, but doesn't get the campsite one reserved, what is the point of making a reservation?

Not questions for you, of course, Judy.

One wonders why the local authorities were not contacted. I thought rangers had policing authority, at least the authority to issue citations. If there is no penalty for breaking the rules, or stealing a campsite, these transgressions will only continue. And get worse.

Anne
The Stone Wind
Hand Made Hammered Copper & Natural Stone Jewelry
https://www.etsy.com/shop/thestonewind/
Cudedog

Postby BarbaraRose » Sun Jul 09, 2017 9:13 pm

Sorry to hear about the dog attack on Liz and Thistle. People are so irresponsible and thoughtless sometimes! I hope it wasn't too serious.

Stayed at "home" yesterday and cleaned and organized the camper.

Got a late start this morning for Spearfish Canyon and it was already getting hot by the time I headed out. Stopped at Roughlock Falls and took lots of pics there! Very beautiful! I didn't do Spearfish Falls since it is a mile hike in and out and it was already pushing 100* so I continued on. Stopped at a few pullouts that were very pretty. Also saw Bridalveil falls but not a lot of water coming down that one. Then had lunch in Spearfish and stopped in Sturgis. Not much going on in either town right now. Sturgis looks a lot different without all the bikes! (I was there for Bike Week back in 1982).
On the way back to Keystone, I stopped at the Reptile Gardens, not to see the reptiles but they have some beautiful flower gardens with a great collection of orchids.

Walked into downtown Keystone for dinner and now relaxing. Tomorrow I take the camper into Rapid City to get the hitch and battery issues checked out. Lola will stay in Ken's camper while I am gone.

Still warm and sticky here tonight. Hoping these temps start to get cooler in the next few days!
Barbie, Romeow, and Sophie, missing Lola! (and lots of ferrets running around in my heart!)

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"
-Anatole France
BarbaraRose

Return to Morning Coffee