Saturday early bird

Let's start our day with a good morning here.

Saturday early bird

Postby carolb » Sat Jul 08, 2017 4:50 am

Gmorning all :)

A few thunder claps as I start this, storm coming in for today. Glad you're on the road, Donna. So will I see you anytime soon? Beth & Barbie, sounds like you're having some good times. Lyn, I'll be in IL for a week or so in late August. Let me know if that fits into your schedule. Bro & I are going to Sis's to view the eclipse. BJ, we may be at SIU for that--NASA is going to be there at the campus for the event. Hope to see you?

And speaking of birds, OMG Birdie is a worker bee!!!! Fence didn't get finished on Thurs due to rain delays. We had to quit early, & shortly thereafter Birdie arrived:) Got her situated in my camp driveway, visited a while, & early to bed. Friday, she pops out of her rig by 8 a.m., dressed in work clothes! Bro arrived about the same time, & to work we went! I think--no, I know--Birdie worked harder than me :!: By 2-ish, fence done! & then we shared celebratory snacks & beverages on my front porch while we watched the rain that had started as we were putting away tools & paraphernalia. Kept telling Birdie "that can wait" when it came to stuff that wouldn't be harmed by rain. But she kept on gathering up stuff:) THANK YOU BIRDIE! It was just so wonderful to have one of my forum family here to help & to see me realize a "dream" that I've had for the past several years...

So what was I saying the other day? No rain for 5 days :roll: Gonna be a wet weekend, but hopefully nice by the time OSharon shows up on Monday! Okay, will quit rambling, & head out to the front porch to watch the storm. Thunder claps are becoming more frequent, should be a nice light show. Oops, I'm not supposed to do that, right Martha?!!!

Y'all have a great day & be safe wherever you are 8-)
carolb

Re: Saturday early bird

Postby Redetotry » Sat Jul 08, 2017 7:46 am

carolb wrote:Gmorning all :)

A few thunder claps as I start this, storm coming in for today. Glad you're on the road, Donna. So will I see you anytime soon? Beth & Barbie, sounds like you're having some good times. Lyn, I'll be in IL for a week or so in late August. Let me know if that fits into your schedule. Bro & I are going to Sis's to view the eclipse. BJ, we may be at SIU for that--NASA is going to be there at the campus for the event. Hope to see you?

And speaking of birds, OMG Birdie is a worker bee!!!! Fence didn't get finished on Thurs due to rain delays. We had to quit early, & shortly thereafter Birdie arrived:) Got her situated in my camp driveway, visited a while, & early to bed. Friday, she pops out of her rig by 8 a.m., dressed in work clothes! Bro arrived about the same time, & to work we went! I think--no, I know--Birdie worked harder than me :!: By 2-ish, fence done! & then we shared celebratory snacks & beverages on my front porch while we watched the rain that had started as we were putting away tools & paraphernalia. Kept telling Birdie "that can wait" when it came to stuff that wouldn't be harmed by rain. But she kept on gathering up stuff:) THANK YOU BIRDIE! It was just so wonderful to have one of my forum family here to help & to see me realize a "dream" that I've had for the past several years...

So what was I saying the other day? No rain for 5 days :roll: Gonna be a wet weekend, but hopefully nice by the time OSharon shows up on Monday! Okay, will quit rambling, & head out to the front porch to watch the storm. Thunder claps are becoming more frequent, should be a nice light show. Oops, I'm not supposed to do that, right Martha?!!!

Y'all have a great day & be safe wherever you are 8-)

Good to hear your fence is complete! How nice that Birdie was there to help finish and celebrate with you. I will be here as far as I know for the eclipse. I can't image the crowd, estimates are from 50,000 350,00 up :shock: :shock: NASA has been coming on and off for some time getting things organized. I have no idea how they will handle the traffic. I plan to buy food enough for a few days because if we can get to the store, might not be much there. Then again it may rain! My friend has property right in the center of Makanda and is renting spaces for vendors to sell various local crafts along with a small replica of the Buckminster Fuller Dome house. Keep me posted, it will be great to see you again!!
Time for the farmers market while it is still a bit cool.
Redetotry
BJ
Redetotry

Postby avalen » Sat Jul 08, 2017 8:17 am

Good morning
Wow Carolb, so nice to have that privacy fence complete!!
It's a bit overcast this morning but the temp feels good. I
think the cloud cover will burn off as the sun gets higher.
So, yesterday I spent most all day researching mile by mile
and town by town my route towards Washington. In fact, I never
got dressed yesterday!!!! Anyway,,,,,,,,,,the bottom line is,,,,,,,it
will not cost me much more to take a little side loop up to
the heads :-) . I figure since I'm this close , I'll do it. After all the
majority of my time here has been just relaxing and visiting.
Its time to see something. Today I will call and hopefully get some
reservations made. Wish me luck.
So that's my news, y'all have a great day and be safe. Gotta get dressed and go get my wiper blades at Napa.
Somewhere with Ava and Maggie
avalen

Postby BarbaraRose » Sat Jul 08, 2017 10:51 am

Ava, if you are coming to Mt Rushmore, you could stay at the Travelodge campground in Keystone. Linda and Beth are staying here and that is where I am now. I am right next to a nice little creek and it is walking distance to town and centrally located to all the sights here. There are several pull thru sites and full hookups.

Yesterday, Linda, Ken and I went to the Big Thunder Gold Mine in town for a tour and gold panning. It was a fun tour, given by a friend of theirs. We each found a little bit of gold to take home with us. I bought a small panning kit. Might try it in the creek next to me here.

Later, I made a run to Walmart and then took some gorgeous backroads to Hill City. Drove into a torrential rain storm with pea-sized hail but didn't last long. Cleaned the dust off my car pretty good! :lol: Spend some time in Hill city and had dinner there. Then headed to Crazy Horse. The visitor center is very nice and spacious with lots of history about the monument and Native Americans in general. Then stayed to watch the laser light show at 10pm. That was pretty cool!

Today I think I will just hang out at camp and get my camper cleaned up and organized better. Gonna be a very hot day again close to 100* so a good day to stay inside where it is cool. Tomorrow I want to drive up to Sturgis and Spearfish Canyon since it will be a little cooler. It is beautiful right now with a cool breeze by the creek.

Hope you all have a great day!
Barbie, Romeow, and Sophie, missing Lola! (and lots of ferrets running around in my heart!)

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"
-Anatole France
BarbaraRose

Postby JudyJB » Sat Jul 08, 2017 1:24 pm

Only two more days here at Ridgway State Park. So, am finally going to get my bike out and also do some laundry because next campground will not have one. Went into Ouray yesterday and walked around but did not buy anything. Just taking it easy today.

Glad to see several of you are getting together informally--have fun! Not much else, so this will be a short post.
JudyJB
http://grandmajjb.blogspot.com/
https://2022humongousukadventure.blogspot.com/
"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts." Mark Twain.
JudyJB

Location: In various COE and state parks in Florida for winter.

Postby Bethers » Sat Jul 08, 2017 4:42 pm

I recommended that cg to Alice, too, Barbie. And I'm looking forward to seeing you, Alice!

But I hate to disappoint you on temps, Barbie.. Today's not supposed to get higher than 88 in Keystone... Tomorrow they say we'll hit 95. Rapid City will hit 100 tomorrow. That said, make sure you drive the Spearfish Canyon Scenic Drive... And go to a couple of the waterfalls not seen from the road.

I had to run to Rapid today for things for the store... Didn't get any of my own shopping done, so will either fun to Hill City or Rapid yet again today or tomorrow. And Judy, I also need to get laundry done. Monday through Thursday I'll be a zombie lol.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby MandysMom » Sat Jul 08, 2017 8:30 pm

It was still 108 at 6 tonight but has plunged to 106! Hope all are having a fun day. We are ok here. Mel actually feels pretty ok at moment except for pressure/pain in his rt chest no matter how he lays side or back. We see new oncologist Wednesday morning, hoping it goes well. I'm watching tv as Mel puts his blended supper together as he wants to be by himself in kitchen while he measures each gram. So Mandy cat has decided I make a good race track! Not sure what she is so excited about but it's funny to watch her race around the room, as her sister snoozes on. Have a good Evening and Sinday everyone.
Velda
MandysMom

Postby dpf » Sat Jul 08, 2017 8:40 pm

Not Morning at all! Busy day. Hadley was baptized this afternoon. Just reading the posts and wanted to tell Barbie to be sure to go to Roughlock Falls. Bye
My mind works like lightning...one brilliant flash and it's gone.
dpf

Postby Bethers » Sat Jul 08, 2017 11:28 pm

dpf wrote:Not Morning at all! Busy day. Hadley was baptized this afternoon. Just reading the posts and wanted to tell Barbie to be sure to go to Roughlock Falls. Bye

I told her the same thing today!
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Return to Morning Coffee