A Mid Summer Friday

Let's start our day with a good morning here.

A Mid Summer Friday

Postby Bethers » Fri Jul 07, 2017 8:57 am

It was fun taking Barbie around Custer State Park yesterday. I always love going there. One of the viewpoints I wanted to take her to was closed though. :evil: No idea why. We saw only three buffalo... They were obviously hiding. But we did get to see several bighorn sheep... Females and young. Those aren't seen so often (first time I've seen them here, even knowing they are around). So that was very kewl.

I need to get to work, so offers to get my day going.

Have fun wherever you are.. On the road or not.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Re: A Mid Summer Friday

Postby grammynmaggie » Fri Jul 07, 2017 9:06 am

Morning Beth & all...closing was yesterday...its all over...very emotional...at Manatee Hammock CG in FL
will leave Sat. to head north...did a whole big post and it went bye bye ...so will do one on blog and let you
know...it was about yesterday and all the things that went wrong and then was ok...B safe ...donna
grammynmaggie

Postby Cudedog » Fri Jul 07, 2017 10:25 am

grammynmaggie wrote:Morning Beth & all...closing was yesterday...its all over...very emotional...at Manatee Hammock CG in FL
will leave Sat. to head north...did a whole big post and it went bye bye ...so will do one on blog and let you
know...it was about yesterday and all the things that went wrong and then was ok...B safe ...donna

Looking forward to reading your post, Donna.

Hope things are all coming up roses from here on out! :D

Anne
The Stone Wind
Hand Made Hammered Copper & Natural Stone Jewelry
https://www.etsy.com/shop/thestonewind/
Cudedog

Postby Redetotry » Fri Jul 07, 2017 10:27 am

Good Morning, It is hot here or else I am feeling it more than usual. I want to go out to the Macy's sale but may wait till evening. I went yesterday and found really good sales but when I looked at my receipts they hadn't given me the advertised sale price. Good thing I noticed before I left the store and they said they were getting ready for the sale tomorrow, I said but the sale signs doesn't say that. I felt sorry for them because there were very few sales people but they were very nice and redid my receipts. I bet it was a long day for them. I have started to watch more carefully after buying an office chair that was online for $100.00 less than the store price. They looked it up and said you are right we didn't get the price changed! So from now on I'm going to do comparison shopping before buying and watching to be sure the' price is right' :D
Donna, I hope you are feeling better now that you are on the road. Take care and be safe. CArol it sounds as though you and the grandchildren are having a really good trip so happy for you to finally have your RV fixed.
I heard from the couple who bought Elsie yesterday, and Elsie is in Canada for the 150 celebration!! They absolutely love her, I am so happy, they were a lovely people and hope to keep in touch. I still haven't come up with a name for my new RV, I think it needs a boys name, suggestions are welcome.
A miracle happened this morning, the UPS man put a package on the front porch and the dogs didn't hear him!! Must have been while I was grooming Mitzi and encouraging her to HOLD still. She is an absolute worm on the table.
Redetotry
BJ
Redetotry

Postby BarbaraRose » Fri Jul 07, 2017 10:30 am

Good morning gals! :D

Donna, glad you finally closed on the house and you have that all behind you (as hard as that is emotionally). You have been thru an emotional rollercoaster like I have. It is a bittersweet transition. Now is the time to be good to yourself, reflect, take a deep breath, and move ahead with your plans.

Today is my dad's 91st birthday. I have been thinking about him a lot and also dreaming about him a lot too. I sure wish his last 5 years had been better, happier for him.

Last night there was a large deer grazing on grass on the steep hill right behind my camper. It was too dark to get a photo but there were several of us watching him and he didn't seem to care. There is a creek a few feet behind my camper and then a steep rocky hill straight up from that. He eventually climbed back up to the top and disappeared. I am sitting out here now listening to the birds and the babbling creek with a nice cool breeze blowing on me. A beautiful day! I realized I have been so busy running around, taking photos, worrying about camper and brake issues, that I haven't really sat down and taken in all the beauty around me.

Hope you all have a great day! :D
Barbie, Romeow, and Sophie, missing Lola! (and lots of ferrets running around in my heart!)

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"
-Anatole France
BarbaraRose

Postby Acadianmom » Fri Jul 07, 2017 11:00 am

BJ, I have had a problem with Macy's and their sale prices more than once. They either put up the signs early or don't take them down after the sale. They aggravate me making us jump through hoops just to get the sale price. Clothes are so cheaply made now that I seldom buy anything any more. I try to find a name brand at TJ Maxx or Ross's but it takes a lot of looking.

Donna, glad you have finally gotten the house taken care of and can move on. I bet Margie is going to miss you this summer. Have a safe trip.

My new refrigerator is in and they want to deliver it this afternoon. I sure hope there are no problems with that. It's so much fun to empty a refrigerator in a hurry.

Martha
Martha
2010 Coach House
Acadianmom

Postby SoCalGalcas » Fri Jul 07, 2017 1:49 pm

Still morning here, barely! It is going to be a hot one today! Our condo stays cool till late afternoon as the sun does not hit the windows at all! prior to today, it has been beautiful around here. I'm walking and doing my chair yoga, either one, five days a week. Haven't begun losing weight yet tho...I'm patient.

I continue to read (see Book Talk) and make lists for my long trip this summer and fall.

Donna, house closed!!! Great! I'm so glad we met this past February. And, all the others at the GTG. I'm not planning on getting to PA so we probably will not meet up "on the road".

Everyone, let me know if you are in Wyoming, South Dakota or Nebraska, Illinois. That is where I will be traveling.

Lyn

Limits exist only in the souls of those who do not dream./Desktop/IMG_0228.jpg
SoCalGalcas

Postby JudyJB » Fri Jul 07, 2017 4:16 pm

Glad your house ordeal is over, Donna. Hasn't it been a whole year? Wow.

I am late because I went into Ouray today to walk around. None of the restaurants looks interesting and prices were ridiculous, so I skipped lunch and am eating now. I refuse to pay $12 for a submarine sandwich!! It is a beautiful town, however and worth going to, but I am back at the campground relaxing. I "filled up" with water at the dump station because they had separate and handy hoses, except when I got parked in my spot, it turned out to be only 1/2 a tank. Why can't they make better sensors on these tanks that will read accurately in spite of your RV being on a slight incline??? I hope I have enough to last me three days of showers. Moving on Monday to another electric only campground, so I will add water before I leave to make it easy when I arrive.

This heat is ridiculous and really bothers me. I am at 7,150 feet and it is still 90 out today. Supposed to be 84 tomorrow, but I am not hopeful. Better than 100s in other places, however.
JudyJB
http://grandmajjb.blogspot.com/
https://2022humongousukadventure.blogspot.com/
"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts." Mark Twain.
JudyJB

Location: In various COE and state parks in Florida for winter.

Return to Morning Coffee