A summer Thursday

Let's start our day with a good morning here.

A summer Thursday

Postby carolb » Thu Jul 06, 2017 6:08 am

Gmorning all :D

Finally, we've been having some perfect summer weather--a bit humid today, but we've been 5 days without rain! Had to catch up reading, sounds like so many of you are enjoying great travels. I'm jealous! Donna, today is the day? Like Barbie said, perfectly normal to feel "blue" with such a big change...

So OSharon, where are you going in ny ;) Hmmmm....I'm also expecting another visitor this afternoon--Birdie is parting ways with Tina & heading to my place! She's even offered to help with the fence, as has OSharon who didn't mention that she's packing work clothes :) We have 4 posts left to set & should get those done today. Then it's just a matter of hanging the last 10 panels which are sooo easy YAHOOOOOOOO! May not be any work left for either of you other than being "gofers."

Need to get busy before Bro gets here in a couple hours. If I don't do my regular chores in the a.m., I'm SOL since I'm dead tired at the end of a "fence" day.

Y'all have a great one, be safe always 8-)
carolb

Re: A summer Thursday

Postby Colliemom » Thu Jul 06, 2017 6:57 am

Morning Carolb and all. Glad to hear the fence is almost done and that you are having some nicer weather. Sure can't knock ours as it's been perfect. Sunny days, temps in 70's, low 80's. No humidity, gentle breezes and sunshine. Sounds like you are going to have some fun times coming up with O'Sharon and Birdie there.

I've been busy here as well, laying landscape ties and finishing off some landscape projects in front of house. Also laying down some paver stones. Work in the morning and then when sun gets around to the front, quit, as it gets too warm in the sun. I love working outside, but don't like sweating bucketfuls to do it.

Donna, good luck with the closing today. As Barbie said, it's a closure on a part of your life and the beginning of a new chapter. One generation passes on, the next takes over.

I'm waiting for Heating contractor to come this morning to check, clean and service my furnace. They do it in summer for those of us on their service plan. Then we are all set for when the heating season starts. Have a pump on the fritz too, so need to have that checked. Then am going to clean house. Load of wash heading for dryer.

Gotta get off this thing as he's due any minute. Have a nice day all.
Sue and the Furry Crew
Colliemom

Postby Bethers » Thu Jul 06, 2017 7:21 am

Just had to research our weather lol. Keystone only got to 94 yesterday. It's always cooler here than Rapid City... Which had the high in the 100's yesterday. Not saying that 94 wasn't hot! But it cools down nicely when the sun goes down. Should be more of the same today so am hoping to get an early (yes, me) start today to Custer State Park with Barbie. Then come back and work a bit this afternoon in the a.c. that struggles at the store. Maybe run to the grocery store for some fresh fruit.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby avalen » Thu Jul 06, 2017 7:32 am

Good morning
Today is go to town day. My friend has a medical
scan scheduled today. She has to take medication
for it so I'll be driving us back. Her car has a clutch,
and she asks me if i can drive a clutch,,,duh, shes the one taught me way back when we were teenages ! That gave me a chuckle.
Got all my laundry done yesterday, and restocked
my food supplies.
Y'all enjoy your day, be safe.
Somewhere with Ava and Maggie
avalen

Postby BirdbyBird » Thu Jul 06, 2017 9:09 am

The dogs have been walked, the computers checked and it is about time to head off on some site seeing. The theme of the day is more old forts. I am currently sitting next to Lake Champlain and get to watch the sail boats. Sun on the solar panels in the AM and shade in the PM to help keep the puppers cool. Walmart and a hair cut and who knows what I might find. Dogs will protect the rig while I am gone. Sorry I couldn't volunteer with the fence Carol but eventually I will need to get back to Ohio and I promised myself that if I was traveling New England I needed to at least make it to Acadia before I turned around! Everyone find some adventures or at least a little silver lining here and there......
Tina and the furry companions...Lark, Audrey and Jane
BirdbyBird

Postby BarbaraRose » Thu Jul 06, 2017 5:34 pm

Good evening gals!

Discovered I had a dead battery in the camper this morning. Apparently it is not being charged while being plugged into electric, so will have to get that checked out on Monday as well. Have an appointment on Tuesday to get the brakes in my Jeep checked out since they are feeling a little "mushy" now. So it looks like I will be here til at least Wednesday next week.

Went to Custer State Park with Beth this morning. We saw some pronghorns, marmots, prairie dogs, bighorned sheep (two moms and two babies), wild burros, and only 3 male bison. No bison herds anywhere to be found but that was OK. It was a fun trip with stunning scenery! Had a great lunch along the way.

Not sure yet what I will be doing Friday thru Sunday but still have a lot of things on my list that I want to see and do yet.

Hope you all had a great day so far!
Barbie, Romeow, and Sophie, missing Lola! (and lots of ferrets running around in my heart!)

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"
-Anatole France
BarbaraRose

Return to Morning Coffee