It's Wednesday!

Let's start our day with a good morning here.

It's Wednesday!

Postby Othersharon » Wed Jul 05, 2017 8:09 am

Good morning all! I'm so confused as to what the date is! Seems like it's been a long week end! Hoping everyone in my area is done with the fireworks! Poor dogs have not had an easy time of it.

Barbie, glad to see you are well on your way and enjoying your time with Beth and Linda. Hope you get your hitch situation taken care of. Donna, happy to hear you actually have a closing date. I'm sure it is emotional for you.

I'm waiting for the electric company to show up to replace my meter with one of the new digital ones, love the appointment time...8 to 12! So I'll just carry on and hope they do show up! I have a dental appointment this afternoon so hope they make it! I'm trying to get things done and hope to leave Monday for a jaunt up to NY. Not sure how long I'll be gone but I'm looking forward to finally taking off! Everything is in the RV, I think. Just need to load the refrigerator and clothes and I should be ready to take off.

Hope everyone has a good day and travel safe!
Othersharon

Re: It's Wednesday!

Postby avalen » Wed Jul 05, 2017 8:56 am

Good morning
Hope to get laundry done today, and that's all I have on my to do list.
Been studying the map trying g to decide my route to the northwest.
80 is quicker but might have more wind, 70 is well known to me.
Y'all have a great day, be safe.
Somewhere with Ava and Maggie
avalen

Postby JudyJB » Wed Jul 05, 2017 11:55 am

I've been having some problems with high blood pressure after years of it being very stable. After three days of watching high readings on my monitor and worrying about some chest pressure, I headed to the emergency room yesterday morning. I am at slightly over 7,000 feet so that bothered me as well. They checked me over thoroughly and said everything was fine. Did an EKG and chest x-ray and blood tests. By the time I left, it was back to almost normal so they sent me home. Will be glad to get to lower places in a few days.

My biggest problem is a sprained muscle and charley horse on my lower right shoulder, which really hurts. I've been using a heating pad and trying to rest it, but it is difficult at night. Took something for the pain last night which helped me sleep, but I still had two hours away in the middle of the night. Better this morning, but I am taking care not to irritate it.

I put out my awning and watched almost everyone leave this morning. Retirement is wonderful. I need to get one of those t-shirts I saw that said, "I may be old, but you have to go to work on Monday."

Sounds like everyone is either traveling or planning to travel. Be safe, as everyone tells me.
JudyJB
http://grandmajjb.blogspot.com/
https://2022humongousukadventure.blogspot.com/
"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts." Mark Twain.
JudyJB

Location: In various COE and state parks in Florida for winter.

Postby MandysMom » Wed Jul 05, 2017 12:55 pm

Morning everyone! We had the noisiest 4th in years, maybe ever, last night. Our cul de sac group of neighbors were out doing our little safe fireworks and were astounded by seeing aerial fireworks in all directions, though none of the professional shows are near enough for us to see. We even had aerial colored stuff nearly over our heads and they were over one neighbors house and not all that high! Fortunately all of us haVe changed from the original wood roofs to asbestos shingles so that was some better and with winter rains lawns and trees are not quite as dry.
Mel just woke so I need to get busy checking on him and putting in call to the palliative care team we will work with. have a good week.
Velda
MandysMom

Postby Acadianmom » Wed Jul 05, 2017 5:17 pm

We didn't hear any fireworks. I was going to see if there were any on TV but didn't even do that. A couple of year ago fireworks set the police jury barn on fire and burned up a lot of equipment. I don't know if anyone ever got blamed for that. In Louisiana the police jury is the department that works on roads and things like that.

Not much else going on. Just hanging around. It's getting hot, I think it's in the 90's. My indoor/outdoor thermometer isn't working or needs batteries.

Martha
Martha
2010 Coach House
Acadianmom

Postby BarbaraRose » Wed Jul 05, 2017 6:51 pm

It is a hot one here today! 103* ! :o But luckily, not much humidity.

Linda and I took the 1880's steam train to Hill City this morning. Spent 3 hours there shopping and had lunch before heading back to Keystone on the train again. It was a lot of fun!

Tomorrow, Beth and I are going to Custer State Park. Supposed to be another hot day so we are leaving early in the morning.

Laura, I called Andersen Hitch company and got a referral from them for an RV place in Rapid City that knows all about Andersen hitches. So I called them and got an appointment for Monday afternoon to get it checked out.

Also need to get my Jeep in to check the brakes on that. Noticed they were a little "soft" going downhills yesterday. I plan to stay here until everything is in good working order! Probably until next Wednesday or so.

Donna, It is perfectly normal to feel down when there is a significant change in your life. The final sale of your dad's house is an emotional ending for you, and another part of your grieving process. It kind of finalizes the fact that he is really gone. I went thru the same thing when we closed on my dad's house (and so did my brother). Take care and know that your feelings are normal. :cry:

I am cooking :shock: as I sit outside at Linda's site typing this so will probably head back now to the AC in my trailer for awhile. Luckily, I cools of a lot once the sun goes behind the hills around 8pm.

Have a good night! :D
Barbie, Romeow, and Sophie, missing Lola! (and lots of ferrets running around in my heart!)

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"
-Anatole France
BarbaraRose

Postby OregonLuvr » Wed Jul 05, 2017 8:46 pm

Having a busy day today and it is mostly costing me $$$$ Took my puppy Emma to the vets this morning to drop her off to be spayed. I pick her up tomorrow so took the time to stop at Walmart on the way home and a tire shop to check on tires for my SUV. They are 19" so they had to get them from a town north of me 35miles away so said it would be after lunch. So I went home and shampooed my carpets as they were dirty again from all the going in and out for puppy breaks and gardening. Had some lunch and headed back to the tire shop. $1000 later I have 4 new tires.

Stopped and made an appointment to get my oil changed in the Motorhome and also the generator while it is there and a couple of other minor things.

Ava I have driven 80 several times from SLC to Reno and I have never had any issues with the wind but I would check before you head that way.

Barbie hope you get your hitch straightened out. I camp frequently with Laura and she doesnt have any issues towing and loves her Anderson hitch. Yours sounds like it just needs someone familiar with it to dial you in.

Minimal fireworks around my area last night. Emma was aware of them but she wasnt afraid which my other dog was until she went deaf LOL
Karen

Emma Tibetan Spaniel
OregonLuvr

Postby Cougarfan » Wed Jul 05, 2017 10:26 pm

BarbaraRose wrote:

Laura, I called Andersen Hitch company and got a referral from them for an RV place in Rapid City that knows all about Andersen hitches. So I called them and got an appointment for Monday afternoon to get it checked out.

That's great! They can show you how to adjust it and hopefully do something to the trailer so the brackets won't slide. I'll be curious to see how it tows on the way back to Keystone after they work on it.

Laura
Cougarfan

Return to Morning Coffee