Happy 4th... on the 4th!

Let's start our day with a good morning here.

Happy 4th... on the 4th!

Postby Bethers » Tue Jul 04, 2017 7:44 am

Hope everyone has a wonderful day!
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Re: Happy 4th... on the 4th!

Postby grammynmaggie » Tue Jul 04, 2017 8:07 am

Happy Fourth of July...YAY FOR THE USA!!... well it's finally going to happen the closing on Dad's house is set for Thursday at 11:30... for some reason I have become very emotional I don't know why I don't know what's going on with me... but today I will go down to the church for my last time for a while they text me yesterday and said they're going to continue on with their regular day which would be today and Aggie the leader and one other person is going to bring lunch for everybody so I guess I'll go down for a couple hours... I have been working to finish uploading and organizing the RT this morning I have more phone calls to make... Ron is coming tomorrow morning to get the freezer in the dryer and the junk flea market man is coming tomorrow to get the washer and the bed in the TV and the little card table I'm using for a desk... house will be empty that's almost how I feel... but I will perk B safe...donna
grammynmaggie

Postby avalen » Tue Jul 04, 2017 8:39 am

Good morning and happy 4th
I finally broke down and hung some nasty fly strips. They are doing the job .
Its warmed up a bit here on the range, think it got to 92 yesterday. But I'm
plugged into the power so no worries. I did however drive up to the local
KOA yesterday and paid the $5 to fill with drinkable water. Fueled up, did a little grocery
shopping and stopped into Napa to get wiper blades. The guy knew exactly what
I needed as they are truck type, the way they connect. So, out of stock but on order from
warehouse.
I don't have any plans for today other than my friends grandkids an TEN kids across the
st will do a few hand held sparkler type fireworks this evening on the gravel rd.
Having a breakfast dog on a stick :-), pancake sausage dog dipped in maple syrup.
Y'all enjoy your day, be safe.
Somewhere with Ava and Maggie
avalen

Postby Rufflesgurl » Tue Jul 04, 2017 9:38 am

Good morning and Happy July 4th everyone. It will be another very warm day here in N Central CA.

Ava, where are you? Your breakfast sounds good!

Linda
Rufflesgurl

Postby Carolinagal » Tue Jul 04, 2017 11:10 am

Good Morning Everyone !!!! No driving today!! Weather map doesn't look to good, woke to sprinkles but what looks to be on its way, not driving in it. Hit hard patches of rain past couple of days, but this looks to be more. Another factor my dash light "check engine" is on and today a holiday doubt I could find help anywhere. Finding help for this thing is VERY hard anyway. So chilling today, clean house etc AND rest !! And try not to think of anything serious :roll: :D

They're having a cook out and music down at the big barn in back, not sure of time but it's an option, if not pouring down rain. New people here again, 3rd set of newbies since I started staying here years ago. This stretch was only stop over for years but have noticed more CG's on this trip, which is good, long ways through Mo.

Had hoped to be at my sos's Thurs, he's leaving on Tues so would be a short visit but really I have no more time then that here this trip. Had hoped to see you next Tues or Wed Ava , hopefully still can if it is good for you. Pm your ph # here on forum so I can call you ,ok??

Please keep us in your thoughts that this light business isn't too serious but most of all that I find someone to deal with it!!!

Have a great 4 th everyone!!!! Many paid dearly for this day for us through the years!!!

CArol
Carolinagal

Postby Redetotry » Tue Jul 04, 2017 12:09 pm

avalen wrote:Good morning and happy 4th
I finally broke down and hung some nasty fly strips. They are doing the job .

Ava, I've been seeing this trick if you want to try it for flies sound interesting. Use Plastic Water Bags to Keep Away Flies

"You just need to have a clear plastic bag filled with water. When you hang this bag at your outdoor entrances, flies will not be able to enter your house. There are at least two reasons explained for this remedy which seems to be beyond logic. One is that the flies are not able to see the water bag as a water bag. Due to their structure of eyes, clear water filled bags are seen as something resembling a spider’s web by the flies. As such, they don’t come near such thing. The other reason states that the reflection of water is enough to disorient the flies and to create some explainable illusion to them. You may also see fruit stand with water bags hanging on their stalls. They do it to keep the flies off their fruits shop.

1 Clear plastic bag (gallon size)

Fill the plastic bag with water. Keep it halfway full with water.
Tie a knot at the mouth of the bag to secure it properly. You may also use a thread or a rubber band for the purpose.
Now just hang this water filled plastic bags near your entryways, garage doors or any other such outdoor entrances."

It getting hot here but almost noon so guess it's time. Supposed to rain but no clouds in sight now. Glad to hear you have a closing date Donna, sometimes I get emotional at things I don't expect to bother me. Sounds as though you have things in order to head out, or not!
We went out to breakfast but had to leave. A couple came in behind us and one or both of them had so much perfume on it made me sick. The hostess, per my whispered request, sat them on the other side of the large room but I could still smell it. We hadn't ordered food yet so we explained to the waitress why we were leaving , she said didn't blame us as it was also bothering her. I can't imagine what could have been in it to have made me feel so bad so fast and from that far away.
Have a good day and may the fireworks not bother your little ones!!
Redetotry
BJ
Redetotry

Postby BirdbyBird » Tue Jul 04, 2017 12:47 pm

BIrdie and I were able to get out on the lake this morning finally. The wind and the rain off and on were just too much. I am a calm water paddler when it comes to lakes. We are both heading off in the morning. I am heading east towards Vermont and have reservations for the weekend outside of Wolfsboro, NH. My reservations for Acadia are for the State Park just outside and from there my plans are in jello though there may be some other campgrounds along the coast of Maine with my name on them.

Currently we are sitting in a car in a grocery store parking lot in town to get Verizon signals. This sitting out in the woods without cell service means one gets to read more books!
Tina and the furry companions...Lark, Audrey and Jane
BirdbyBird

Postby monik7 » Tue Jul 04, 2017 3:47 pm

Happy 4th to everyone. Safe travels to all on the road.
Sandi
Bindi (Maltipoo) and Abby (Shih Tzu/Poodle)

"Without the animals men would die of a great loneliness of the spirit." ~ Chief Seattle
“A dog can change the way you see the world.” ~ Anyone who has a dog
monik7

Postby BarbaraRose » Tue Jul 04, 2017 9:25 pm

Good evening gals!

Went to Mt Rushmore last night to see the special lighting ceremony at 9pm. Got there early so I walked the trail around the park below the monument and took lots of photos. Once I got back to the visitor center, I started to not feel good. I finally headed home before the lighting ceremony and went right to bed. Felt better this morning.

Linda, Ken and I drove (my car) to the Badlands today. Had a rough ride on some dirt roads but the scenery was awesome! Spent most of the very hot (94*) day out there taking lots of pics and then had a little picnic at the visitor center there before heading back. We also stopped at an alpaca farm that Linda has been to before. Lots of really adorable and friendly alpacas (and a couple horses demanding attention too! :lol: ). Had a fun day!

Tomorrow, Linda and I are planning to take an 1880's steam train ride to a nearby town for a few hours. I also need to find an RV place that can check out my hitch.

Nothing much going on around here tonight for the 4th but that is OK with me. I am tired.

Hope you all had a good day!
Barbie, Romeow, and Sophie, missing Lola! (and lots of ferrets running around in my heart!)

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"
-Anatole France
BarbaraRose

Postby Cougarfan » Tue Jul 04, 2017 10:37 pm

BarbaraRose wrote:Good evening gals!

I also need to find an RV place that can check out my hitch.

Barbie,
When you find an RV dealer, have them call Andersen Manufacturing directly if they aren't familiar with the hitch. Their number is 208-523-6460. They are located in Idaho Falls, Idaho. Most RV dealers don't understand how it works. Like we talked about, you never use grease on the ball and the brackets do slip no matter how tight you make it or how tight you get the set screw. Welding is your best choice. Another option would be to drill a hole through the A-frame and put a bolt through the brackets and secure it that way BUT you have to be careful because there might be wires running through there.

Good luck and give me a call if you need any help.

Laura
Cougarfan

Return to Morning Coffee