Happpy July 4th

Let's start our day with a good morning here.

Happpy July 4th

Postby Colliemom » Mon Jul 03, 2017 7:18 am

Happy 4th of July everyone. A day to celebrate our nations freedoms. Been a quiet weekend around here. Just a few pops of firecrackers once in a great while, but no big deal. Neighbors aren't into make a big bunch of noise here. This is a resort area and everybody's out playing. They will save it for tonight. Neighbors across the road are shooting off some fireworks after dark and I"m sure there will be a few more over the lake.

Ava, you are so enjoying life right now. I'm so happy for you. You worked so hard to get to where you are now. You go girl! Barbie, glad you made it to Keystone okay. I'm watching to see how that hitch system works our for you. Could be that it might be more for smaller trailers like boats, hauling trailers etc., and not for big heavy ones that really need a good stiff sway control system. Will see how you two that have that system work it out. Have fun touring the area.

Have been working in yard on landscaping these past couple days and spending some time visiting with people I know who are up here for the holiday weekend at their cottages. Off to town this morning for errands and pick up some more landscaping materials. Need to mow the grass too. Hope you all have a nice 4th, no matter what you are doing.
Sue and the Furry Crew
Colliemom

Re: Happpy July 4th

Postby IrishIroamed » Mon Jul 03, 2017 7:45 am

Mornin' Sue and all that follow ~~~

8 working days out on the expected house close and still waiting to hear their loan is final. This is ridiculous to say the least and aggravating to boot. :evil: Only have breakfast foods here, no furniture, etc. Think I've lost 5# or so, but since I no longer have a scale. . . ;)

Punkin is not doing well with the fireworks this year, probably because everyone of them is echoing in the house since it's empty. I need to take Zorro to the vet this A.M. so will confirm I can give Punk some pills for anxiety.

Other than sitting & waiting for the sale, not much else is new.

Have a good day ladies, stay safe on the road where ever you are.
Cheryl
Today me will live in the moment unless it's unpleasant in which case me will eat a cookie ~~~Cookie Monster

IrishIroamed

Postby havingfunnow » Mon Jul 03, 2017 8:16 am

I've had a good time already today!

I had one of those little plastic cups of ice cream last night, let Drew lick out the empty cup, and forgot to pick it up. This morning I was tossing the tennis ball for Drew, and it landed in the cup! He stared at it for a minute and licked the top of the ball, but it didn't pop out. Then he grabbed the part of the ball that was sticking out and brought it toward me, with the cup dragging sideways against the floor. Three feet later, the cup popped off! He was so pleased with himself! :lol:

Then I had a quick videochat with my son. He and his wife are keeping a friend's child for a few days, so I got to see a magic trick! :D

Now I have to head for the grocery store. I wonder what entertainment that will offer?

. . . and the Comcast repair truck just trundled down the road, with the driver going up in his cherrypicker to check signal strength! It is a day of wonderment! :!:
Louise
Image and The William too!
havingfunnow

Postby elkriverrats » Mon Jul 03, 2017 9:56 am

Happy Fourth to all! Had a busy weekend, met my parents at a Delaware State Park on Friday. They had my nephew and niece (age 6 and 4). The park has a waterpark with an area set aside for the little ones so they had a blast! My nephew camped with me and we did some hiking around the pond. He is very into maps and animals so we had a great time. Also, a bonus, my camping neighbors had a girl the same age so they became fast friends. Aunt Kelly got home yesterday and flopped on the couch for the rest of the day haha.
Had much needed new tires put on our truck this morning. Now I'm on a mowing break until the rest of the dew dries. Need to get Penny cleaned up - she is full of sand and kid crumbs!
Looks like some family coming over tomorrow evening in hopes of seeing fireworks. There is never a shortage of those during the summer. People will be setting them off up and down the river so we have not gone to a fireworks show since we moved here.
Have a great day all!
Kelly
2004 Coach House "Penny"
elkriverrats

Postby Azusateach » Mon Jul 03, 2017 10:43 am

Ummmm ...

Tomorrow is July 4.
Azusateach

Postby JudyJB » Mon Jul 03, 2017 12:30 pm

Yes, but it is a very long weekend this year. I have not heard fireworks yet, but I suspect I will not because campground is on a ridge and has a big sign out.

Been having some symptoms of altitude problems, including high blood pressure last night. It seems to have settled down this morning, but I am going to take it easy today and catch up on my reading. I buy books or booklets from museums sometimes and am more than a year behind on reading them! Once I read them, I will pack them up and send them to storage in Ohio. Got to do that while I can.
JudyJB
http://grandmajjb.blogspot.com/
https://2022humongousukadventure.blogspot.com/
"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts." Mark Twain.
JudyJB

Location: In various COE and state parks in Florida for winter.

Postby Acadianmom » Mon Jul 03, 2017 12:45 pm

I was confused too, Laura. :)

My sister and I usually go to the lake for the 4th but can't this year. The campground lets people shoot fireworks off the boat launch. I don't see as many firework stands as usual. The 4th not being on a weekend must mess them up. Guess I can dig out my 4th of July shirt and wear it. I have some ear rings and a necklace that my boss got us when I worked for the fish plant. The necklace is fading so I got some paint to fix it last year. I never can find the necklace and the paint at the same time. That's why I don't do crafts.

Martha
Martha
2010 Coach House
Acadianmom

Postby BarbaraRose » Mon Jul 03, 2017 2:35 pm

I discovered this morning I was still an hour off from the time change, but didn't realize I was a whole day off!! :o :lol: I think it is still the 3rd. :?

I went thru Bear Country this morning, a drive-thru animal park. Lots of cool animals all up close and personal. Had a big wolf walk around my car a couple times and also a bear. Then a bear decided to take a nap in the middle of the road so everyone had to drive thru the grass around him, including a large tour bus!

Now I am just using the wifi up at Linda's site sitting in her "clam" waiting out a thunderstorm. Am hoping I will have time to head up to Sturgis and Spearfish Canyon yet today if this weather passes soon. Also need a run to Walmart to pick up a few things I need there. That may be as far as I get if the weather stays crappy. We'll see. Not sure what we are doing tomorrow yet. Linda has the day off so will see what she wants to do.

Have a good day (whichever one you think it is!) :lol:
Barbie, Romeow, and Sophie, missing Lola! (and lots of ferrets running around in my heart!)

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"
-Anatole France
BarbaraRose

Postby Carolinagal » Mon Jul 03, 2017 3:54 pm

Hello!! Afternoon, awful rain storm, hard to see so pulled off in a parking lot. GD fixing sandwiches and wouldn't you know rain has totally stopped and sun is out. Which is good quite a few miles more I'd like to do today, have to push it some with our delayed start.

I wasn't confused about date here because everyone started the holiday Friday, I was surprised at all the different businesses closed today, celebrating already, I guess :D So far no firecrackers at night but tents up everywhere selling them, and doing good business.

Time to move on, so glad to read Barbie was in Keystone and that my guess of Internet the problem, sounds she's really getting around.

Sun's coming in my window :? Gotta go. :D
CArol
Carolinagal

Return to Morning Coffee