Its Sunday

Let's start our day with a good morning here.

Its Sunday

Postby avalen » Sun Jul 02, 2017 9:40 am

Good morning
I slept in, surprised myself!
Had a great time visiting old friends yesterday, it was a great turnout!!
Also dumped at flying j while I was in town and fueled.
Tried to find new wiper blades but none at AutoZone or o'rielys fit right.
Will have to check an t.v. place.
Only thing on my agenda today is service my generator and possibly drive
up to local KOA and fill water tank. The water here is sulphur well water,
Not something I want in my tank. Even though she has a filter, I remember too
well the times the filter needed replaced and even she buys bottled water for her coffee.
Waiting to hear how Barbies drive to Keystone went. I do know she arrived.
Guess I better get dressed, y'all have a great day, be safe
Somewhere with Ava and Maggie
avalen

Re: Its Sunday

Postby MandysMom » Sun Jul 02, 2017 12:21 pm

Sounds like you are having a great time. Do you service the generator yourself ? I wish it were that easy on my Leisure Travel van, but they put the Onan up under the rear right side and you can't even check the oil without crawling under and reaching like a contortionist ! To change oil requires dropping the generator!
Glad your first big adventure is going well.
Not much happening here. Mel has slept well again, a very good thing. He began a very low carb diet about a month ago, two weeks after I did, because we hope the evidence pointing to carbs feeding cancer and his taking them away will help some. He will grill our all natural hot dogs Tuesday and I have a great Broccoli Salad with bacon and cheese to make. Son bought his annual safe and sane fireworks stash and several neighbors of the other 6 homes on the cul de sac have said they will be out with theirs as well, so the 9 o'clock hour will be another traditional 4th for all of us. We have gathered almost every year since 1989, with two of the 7, including us, being here the entire 28 July celebrations! A nice tradition. We bring out our small aluminum ladder and a cement board clamped on. We all take turns lighting one at a time and oohing and ahh-ing at the various pretty colors. Sometimes one family or another brings out watermelon or ice cream for everyone and we sit and visit. Mel may or may not come out but he can see from our room. He has never appreciated the safe and sane stuff as much as the real stuff he was used to growing up, and still common, in Oklahoma!
Hope everyone else has a safe wonderful weekend.
Velda
MandysMom

Postby avalen » Sun Jul 02, 2017 2:10 pm

Velda, I do service the generator myself. I take my little collapsible
step stool out there and use it to sit on. I open the bay door where the generator is and
take the panel off the generator. I check the oil and the air filter. I'm gonna have to
you tube changing the oil part, if I'm capable, I will do that too.Today I added a little oil.
I am enjoying myself, just kicking back and watching stuff through this big windshield.
I think its my version of the old lady years ago sitting in a rocking chair snapping
peas on the front porch.
My friend I'm staying with,,,,lost her husband less than two years ago to a rare cancer
called chondrosarcoma. There was no treatment, but it did make life pretty challenging
these last 10 years.
Somewhere with Ava and Maggie
avalen

Postby Rufflesgurl » Sun Jul 02, 2017 2:37 pm

Good morning girls! Another beautiful sunny day in No. Central CA. For the last three nights, someone in the neighborhood sets off a couple very loud fireworks. Maybe a precursor to what will happen on July 4th. My dog, Rags, doesn't hear very well any more so he won't get freaked out like he used to at the loud noises.
Ava, I needed to go to the manufacturer (Monaco) when my windshield wipers needed replacing. That was with my other MH. Don't know about this newer one. Hope you find the right ones.

Linda
Rufflesgurl

Postby BarbaraRose » Sun Jul 02, 2017 6:22 pm

Hello gals! I made it to Keystone and am sitting next to a little babbling creek as I type this. Couldn't get internet the past couple days but finally got on now.

The drive out here was mostly uneventful other than some scary sway problems with the trailer. I think there is something not set up right with the WD hitch. I was white-knuckling it most of the way out here! Not fun! Just talked to Laura (cougarfan) who has the same WD hitch and I will try a few things to get it adjusted right.

Other than that, everything else is working perfect. I stopped for the night in Mitchell, SD at a WM on Friday night and then on Saturday I stopped at Wall Drug for an hour or so. Got to Keystone just before 6pm and got backed into my site fine. Two guys came over and helped me get my electric and water hooked up and then gave me a beer! I really needed that! (I don't even like beer but that one tasted pretty good!).

Today I just bummed around Keystone doing a little shopping. Have a whole list of things I want to see and do this week. Some things Linda wants to do with me and some things Beth wants to do, so will have to coordinate our schedules. They both work tomorrow so I will probably do some things that I don't think they are interested in.

Have some rain coming in shortly but it is already cooling off here. Was pretty hot earlier but no humidity. It cools off nicely at night. In fact, I had to turn my furnace on for a bit this morning.

Lola is doing pretty good so far. I forgot to put her calming collar on her before leaving Mitchell and what a difference! She was meowing like crazy for an hour or more before I realized I forgot to put it on her. Once it was back on, she was calm and quiet the rest of the way.

I will try to keep you up on what I am doing but depends on the spotty internet here. It seems to work better up at Linda and Beth's sites than at mine. Will just have to visit them more often! :D

Ava, glad you are enjoying your retirement trip!
Barbie, Romeow, and Sophie, missing Lola! (and lots of ferrets running around in my heart!)

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"
-Anatole France
BarbaraRose

Postby MandysMom » Sun Jul 02, 2017 7:18 pm

Barbara, so glad your travels, other than hitch, have gone well and that Lola is settling in to the new routine.
Velda
MandysMom

Postby Redetotry » Sun Jul 02, 2017 9:14 pm

Barbie, glad to hear most of your drive went well. Enjoy your visit and post when you can, we are all traveling along with you!
Redetotry
BJ
Redetotry

Postby Bethers » Sun Jul 02, 2017 10:19 pm

It's good to have Barbie here... Even if I've only spent minutes here and there with her so far. But we've got some sight seeing plans in the works. It's been the busiest last couple days at the store so far this season and probably will continue into tomorrow.. Hopefully longer, but we'll take what we get.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Return to Morning Coffee