Happy Saturday

Let's start our day with a good morning here.

Happy Saturday

Postby Colliemom » Sat Jul 01, 2017 7:43 am

Good Morning everyone. Thought I would chime in before heading out to do some yard work in my yard and weed whipping/leaf blowing along a path between two roads, that I keep up for our HOA here. Now that I am home, I'm getting into this years projects. Upgrading the landscaping in front of the house. Been neglected way too long.

Thinking of Barbie and wondering how her first day on the road went. Velda, sorry to hear about rhe doctor issue. I sent you a PM. Judy, sounds like you found the right place to spend the summer.

Time to get moving here. Want to get some things done before the sun gets out from under the cloud cover. Hope you all have a nice day.
Sue and the Furry Crew
Colliemom

Re: Happy Saturday

Postby cnq50b » Sat Jul 01, 2017 8:15 am

Good morning, Sue & all who follow,

I did it! I said 'Rabbits'! Let's see what difference that makes... :lol:

I'm up early running our 'End of Month' process.

Just noticed that my apartment complex is now renting my apartment for 20% more than I'm currently paying! I need to find a place to buy or rent from an individual who will keep the rent stable. The market here is crazy. My lease is up early Sept so I don't have much time. argh...

Yeah for Barbie - starting your new adventure. Please keep us updated along the way if you can.
Sue, busy with projects as usual - bet your HOA loves you - its wonderful to have someone as committed as you tending to the property.
CArol, hope you get to hit the road soon.
Ava, hope you feel better. Glad you replaced that iPhone with something you're more comfortable with.
Donna, I'm sure they'll let you know when the house closes :D - then you'll be free to head wherever you want.... waiting is so hard...

Not much is happening here - still working & taking care of baby - we're all ready for her to start preschool in Sept. :lol:
Well, better get back to work.
Take care & stay safe out there.
Catherine
Catherine & Sadie
California

cnq50b

Postby Othersharon » Sat Jul 01, 2017 8:17 am

Good morning and happy first of July. I actually remembered to say rabbits! Not sure where June went, went fast! They are cqlling for rain today and saying some could be severe. Got a couple of outside things to do so will need to get to it shortly so I can beat the rain.

I was wondering how Barbie's first day went too. Hoping it was uneventful! Velda, sending good thoughts to you. Not an easy path you're walking. And welcome to the new members! My good friend whipped up some blackout curtains for me last night, now I just have to get them hung. I'm hoping they'll help to keep some of the heat out, the dogs probably won't like them but it's for them more then me!

Ok, pretty much all that's happening in my world! Time to finish the coffee and get outside! Hope you all have a great day and week end. Travel safe if you are on the road.
Othersharon

Postby grammynmaggie » Sat Jul 01, 2017 8:36 am

Good morning all...trying to take a few things out to the RT getting ready for travel some things I have to wait till the last minute.... it is really hot and muggy here in Florida and hard to do this even just running from the house out to the rig is exhausting in the heat... had to go to storage and get paperwork go through it and find the policy for the insurance on the house so I can cancel it when the time comes... dummy me forgot and packed it away... anyway still waiting for closing date and time... I have a lot of free time right now and I would like to take a ride and go some places and check a few things out but it's just too hot... this morning at the Home Park Pheebe... after about 10 minutes there got spooked by something and wanted to leave she kept trying to take me over to the RT I could not figure out what it was cuz there was only a couple of people there one was loading a boat into the water and another guy fishing ...she didn't want to play and Run and Jump and carry on like she usually does so I gave in and we left I have no idea what was wrong... when we got back to the house she was a little nervous but then ate her breakfast and lay down on her pillow for her morning nap... don't know what it was but she was not happy... all for me now...B safe ...donna
grammynmaggie

Postby Redetotry » Sat Jul 01, 2017 9:41 am

grammynmaggie wrote:Good morning all...trying to take a few things out to the RT getting ready for travel some things I have to wait till the last minute.... it is really hot and muggy here in Florida and hard to do this even just running from the house out to the rig is exhausting in the heat... had to go to storage and get paperwork go through it and find the policy for the insurance on the house so I can cancel it when the time comes... dummy me forgot and packed it away... anyway still waiting for closing date and time... I have a lot of free time right now and I would like to take a ride and go some places and check a few things out but it's just too hot... this morning at the Home Park Pheebe... after about 10 minutes there got spooked by something and wanted to leave she kept trying to take me over to the RT I could not figure out what it was cuz there was only a couple of people there one was loading a boat into the water and another guy fishing ...she didn't want to play and Run and Jump and carry on like she usually does so I gave in and we left I have no idea what was wrong... when we got back to the house she was a little nervous but then ate her breakfast and lay down on her pillow for her morning nap... don't know what it was but she was not happy... all for me now...B safe ...donna

Toby did the same thing about a week ago. We were walking down the road with friend and all of a sudden he just totally freaked out. I vaguely remember hearing a noise but wasn't sure. Whatever it was he started pulling me toward home with his tail tucked. He was reluctant to go out for several days and would wait till he had to go. It is embarrassing as when he does this he shies away from me like I have or am going to beat him. He was abused I'm sure by who ever had him earlier. He was a year old when we got him and after I bought him, in a conversation with the breeder she said, don't be afraid of being too hard on him. I was stunned, he still exhibits fear every time I go to put his harness on.

I said rabbits yesterday morning, wonder if that counts!?

I also wonder how Barbies trip went yesterday, hope she posts soon!!
Redetotry
BJ
Redetotry

Postby Bethers » Sat Jul 01, 2017 10:39 am

BJ, remind me to never get a dog from a breeder who could even think that! Poor Toby!
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby SoCalGalcas » Sat Jul 01, 2017 12:45 pm

RABBITS!!! I did it, thanks to Marda!

Checking in on the 1st....I'm walking lots, doing my "chair" yoga and thinking of all the happy happenings in my life to counteract the depression of losing Casey.

Going camping over the week end of the 14th with a new group I've found on Meet Up.

Following Barbie too as she takes off for CA.

Have a great day all, lyn

Limits exist only in the souls of those who do not dream./Desktop/IMG_0228.jpg
SoCalGalcas

Postby JudyJB » Sat Jul 01, 2017 1:13 pm

I remember many years ago our dog was terrified of a particular spot on the carpeting. She would walk around it instead of over it. Have no idea what caused it. One thing you might try is a different kind of harness or something to break up the association. Maybe even giving really special treats like chicken as you put harness on.

I am settled at Ridgway Park in COlorado for about 10 days. This is about 7,500, which is less than the 9,000 I was at last week, so temps are in the 80s, but still better than a lot of other places. Cool nights, at least, and very nice breezes. Got a laundromat close to my site, so going to do a couple of loads today.

Don't forget out GTG in Merrill Campground in northeastern California. There are no-hookup sites, electric sites, and full hookups available.

Also, I am going to be in Phoenix at Usury Mountain the first week of February. The International Hoop Dancing Competition is at the Heard Museum Saturday, February 10 through Sunday, February 11. I saw parts of this two years ago, and it was really worth while, so planning on going again. Usury Mountain sites open for February on August 1 at noon Phoenix time.
JudyJB
http://grandmajjb.blogspot.com/
https://2022humongousukadventure.blogspot.com/
"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts." Mark Twain.
JudyJB

Location: In various COE and state parks in Florida for winter.

Postby Bethers » Sat Jul 01, 2017 10:50 pm

For those wondering, Barbie has made it to the cg next to us here in Keystone. Just wanted you all to know she's here and safe.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby Liz » Sat Jul 01, 2017 11:33 pm

Bethers wrote:For those wondering, Barbie has made it to the cg next to us here in Keystone. Just wanted you all to know she's here and safe.

Glad to hear that, for I was looking for her to post.
Liz
https://wheresliz2018.blogspot.com
"Life in the presence of God...is a life to be enjoyed every moment of every day." A. W. Tozer
Liz

Postby snowball » Sun Jul 02, 2017 12:48 am

first of the month wow hard to believe it is already July... Today my great niece was married then we had a wonderful meal
the brothers of the groom's father prepared the meal a three course meal sorta... started with tortilla chips...salsa ect and soup yes it was a hot day but the soup tasted really good...then carnitas then fiata spell check couldn't even fix it...but all of it was great then some
wonderful cookies...
and of course the reception...the meal and reception where outside...and we were blessed with what couldn't be better weather
not overly hot no wind which is always a plus...and no rain...yep a beautiful day...then we watched the new Beauty and the Beast totally
enjoyed it...so for a few days am in Utah will go back home in little over a week I sure hope that I don't miss Barbie....thought she would take a bit longer getting to SD...My dd wants to remodel her basement so this coming week we will move stuff to the storage unit then next
Saturday she is have a birthday bash come celebrate her birthday and bash in a ceiling or paneling or whatever...then a bbq tomorrow I am going down to SLC late in the afternoon and spend the next day with youngest dd so that basically is what is up in my world...planted a
bunch of plants have a crocheted afghan going and a Swedish weave I am working on...you all have a great time were ever you are..Velda
it is hard when the drs. don't seem to have a plan or if they do it doesn't work...my sister has been in and out of hospitals or rehab since just after Christmas...I think in all that time she has had maybe a full month at home...she had her knee replaced a couple of years ago....and for some reason it has gotten infected...and the infection won't go away drs don't talk to each other it's a total mess found out yesterday she is back in the hospital...she is almost out of time that the insurance will cover for rehab visits...such a worry
take care
sheila
snowball

Postby MandysMom » Sun Jul 02, 2017 3:30 am

Thank you Sheila. I am baffled that a big research hospital would simply say we got nothing because nothing is proven treatment. How do you have a proven treatment for a cancer rarely seen so not enough cases to prove anything, but don't you at least try? Good news I got him to take a Flexeril his diabetic Dr gave him a few weeks ago thinking pain in left chest was muscle spasm. He's all tensed up,with the pleurisy like pain due to cancer and fluid in between his lung and the chest wall. I figured maybe relaxing muscle might allow him to sleep. It did and for the first time in a week he really slept all night. He woke feeling a little better for first time in a while. Lots to do this week between trying to get a new Dr and gathering records for a transfer if we must to a new away from UCD oncologist. Hope you have a good 4th.
Velda
MandysMom

Return to Morning Coffee