Good morning from Wall, SD

Let's start our day with a good morning here.

Good morning from Wall, SD

Postby Colliemom » Sat May 30, 2015 7:12 am

Morning all,

Sitting here enjoying the sunrise here in Wall. Be leaving later for Rapid City and settle in for a couple of days or so. Being on Mountain time now, can't get there too early as usually can't check in to campground. I Amstel operating on my home time as far as getting up etc. so it's really only 6 a.m. Here. Staying at Sleepy Hallow Campground, which as JudyJB mentioned, is nothing special. Have excellent WiFi and full hookups though. Best thing is a new dog park, which Molly loves. God sized and plenty of roaming room. We have had it all to ourselves and since I brought her balls along, time to run and play.

Had a wonderful campground in Chamberlain, SD night before last . Right on Missouri River. Highly recommend it to any of us heading through there. American Creek Campground. Will eventually post pictures when I am someplace with time to fight with Photobucket.

Not a great travel day yesterday as had rain and also some pretty gusty winds. Went through the badlands, but had on off little light showers and a biting wind, so not great day for seeing it. But did enjoy and got some pictures. Also hit the famed Wall Drug, so now can say I've been there. Badlands, Buffalo Grass National Grasslands and Wall Drugs off y bucket list now.

Donna, Soos, Tina, Alice and Anita also rolling along. Jane sounds like you had a nice "Marian voyage" and have a few things to do now. Cheryl, keep me abreast of your trips next couple months. Alice,glad your friend is doing better. Now hopefully you can get on to your dad's. Linda still heading this way. Be nice if you were here before I leave.

Somebody asked how Molyl is doing. Great. She's an excellent traveller. Just stretches out on the truck back seat and sleeps. Loves exploring al our stops, has adapted to this trailer really quick and is zonked out all night. So I have a great traveling companion.

Well, must start getting things done here. Want to wash my hair, dishes and need to hitch up. Take Molly for last run in park. Chilly here, only in upper 30's, so not rushing it. Have a great day all.b
Sue and the Furry Crew
Colliemom

Re: Good morning from Wall, SD

Postby carold » Sat May 30, 2015 7:47 am

Hi all! We are back on the road and I'm trying to do catchup, which I believe is impossible ;) But from what I've garnered, there are a lot of you traveling, planning to travel on either long or short trips and some virtually on the road, as well as work camping. We are heading toward Wake Forest for a week of grandkids after visiting friends in Atlanta and then heading toward Seattle. We are in jello mode at this point. I see tGM is putting together a lunch for a walk on the river trail here at Chatahoochee Bend State Park, so I better get another cup of coffee and get moving. carold
carold

Postby avalen » Sat May 30, 2015 9:53 am

good morning ladies,
staying in "camp driveway" at Jons sisters house. They have a nice popup that serves the privacy purpose very well. Jons apt doesn't allow pets and only two weeks for guests. So,,,,,Maggie is having a grand time checking out the big yard, the three
cats and the chickens in the coop. She's ok with all of them. However there is one cat that just stares her down and growls at here but Maggie is so afraid of cats that she just looks the other way. She's curious about the chickens but otherwise doesn't bother them. Its all good. Sister and brother n law are very gracious hosts, I'm comfortable in my surrounds. We'll be house sitting next week when the family goes off on their vacation to the wedding in LV.
I really appreciate you girls and letting me vent and share, its important to get stuff off my mind so I don't feel the
stress of it.
Meeting at 1:00 today and run a few errands after that. I didn't realize it really that this is actually a "working" vaca, as
I have so many things to do to help out with the recuperation process.
Ya'll have a great day and be safe.
Somewhere with Ava and Maggie
avalen

Postby Rufflesgurl » Sat May 30, 2015 10:11 am

Good morning everyone. Seems like everytime I go to post I need to log in - ???

Sue, glad you and Molly are having such a nice time. South Dakota is so pretty. We thought the Badlands looked like what we imagined Mars would look like. After driving many miles and seeing so many signs for Wall Drug, what a bust. LOL Travel safe.

Linda
Rufflesgurl

Postby Acadianmom » Sat May 30, 2015 3:09 pm

Good to see you post Carold. It will be about time for a stop at Betty's coming back from Seattle. lol

When I went to town yesterday they were putting up tents in the square so I though there was a farmers market this morning. I need to pay more attention. It was crafts and flowers and stuff like that. I had to make 3 rounds to find a parking place and there wasn't anything I wanted. They had some pots that look like the old syrup kettles but they were new. I would like to have one of them but they didn't have a price on them. If something doesn't have a price you can bet it's high. There were so many of the old syrup pots stolen after Hurricane Rita and people were displaced for so long.

I decided to go bring my son some mail that came for him. I think everyone in Lafayette was on the road. I stopped at Ross and found a tea cup planter that I have been looking for. After that I had enough and came home. I should have gone by Walmart or Lowe's and picked up some plants but that can be another trip.

Martha
Martha
2010 Coach House
Acadianmom

Postby BarbaraRose » Sat May 30, 2015 11:15 pm

Best thing is a new dog park, which Molly loves. God sized and plenty of roaming room.

Wow! That must be huge!!! :lol: :lol:

Getting on here late tonight. We were swamped at work all day! Graduation is tomorrow afternoon so everyone wants to look good, I guess! Very tired tonight with sore feet. :roll:

My dad is having issues with my brothers now, so everything is falling on me again to deal with. His memory is getting bad again too. He comes up with stories that aren't true but he believes they are, and I can't convince him otherwise. Some insignificant things I will let slide, but some things are important that I need to correct him about, but he refused to believe me. So frustrating!

Sounds like we are in for rain on Wednesday and Thursday, so I need to get the camper loaded up on Monday since I get off work early, and will have time to do that while it is nice out. Will give me more practice opening and closing it too. Hopefully, I won't have to open it up in the rain once I get to the campground on Thursday afternoon. Got a new hitch bar for my Jeep so hopefully that will work better. It has the shortest drop/rise I could find.

Have a good night and safe travels for those on the move!
Barbie, Romeow, and Sophie, missing Lola! (and lots of ferrets running around in my heart!)

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"
-Anatole France
BarbaraRose

Return to Morning Coffee