Friday

Let's start our day with a good morning here.

Friday

Postby Colliemom » Fri Apr 10, 2015 7:05 am

Couldn't think of a title for today, so Friday will have to do :roll: Damp and wet one here too. But what a day for you gals in IL. I certainly hope you don't have any damage from those storms and tornadoes. Have seen some spectacular footage on the Weather Channel. Thought of Cheryl and Kathy as I know you gals live up toward the Chicago area. Sad to see that Fairdale, IL is wiped ff the map though. We also had rain and a couple two or three mild storms last night. More lightening than thunder. Miss Molly's first and she didn't seem to concerned by it. Rain changing to snow here later, little accumulation.

Hope Carolbis getting close to home from not already there. Anita, I can tell you are njoying your time with family. Sarah, glad you and Nicki are both doing better. Cheryl, you will get he hang of the hitching. None of us are perfect the first time. :D

Guess I'll have a little house cleaning this morning and do some organizing of trip stuff. Once weather warms up next week,
will be outside more. Plan to go to Camping World tomorrow. Camper Show this weekend and I need a few things including renewing my GS medical Assistance coverage and Surge Protectors on sale, pluscI have $20 off coupon too. Besides, I'm not turning down a free lunch :D

Here's hoping you all have a nicer day where the storms went through, keep safe those on the roads, and enjoy the up coming weekend. ;)
Sue and the Furry Crew
Colliemom

Re: Friday

Postby carolb » Fri Apr 10, 2015 7:48 am

Gmorning Sue and all to follow:)

Nasty storms last night for many! Y'all check in to let us know you're okay.....Sue, sitting at the new island having coffee with OSharon :). Don't know why I'm still speaking to her--she took me for a ride to Amish country yesterday where there were still piles of SNOW!!! I was not wanting to see that;( So much for her innocent gesture of getting me a blizzard lol! But I'm leaving around noon-ish today to get closer to NYC for wedding tmrw....Looks like the storm will be here this a.m., then I'll follow it eastward. And always sad to leave forum friends, have had such a great time with O and the boys!!!

Y'all have a great day, be safe always:)
carolb

Postby gingerK » Fri Apr 10, 2015 7:55 am

Good morning Sue,
Haven't felt up to posting in quite a while, life here is on hold until I can find out where we go from here. This whole mess is affecting my health, I can't seem to eat or sleep and I wasn't sleeping all that well before all this happened.

No damage here that I can determine from last night's storms, we were lucky. I was actually out in it last night with two sets of dogs to care for. They all cooperated and did their business really quickly. This morning is much colder and very windy but I'll take it over storms any day.

Thinking about heading out next weekend to my club just to get away from things. I tenatively have a pair of horses on the schedule, but their owner's DH is having some health issues and she won't know for sure if she's going away until next Monday. Not a problem either way as one of my girls can take over for me if they do go.

Still searching for my MH but kind of on the back burner in case I need the funds for the lawsuit.

Take care
Kathy
Any day spent in the company of my animals is a good day.
gingerK

Postby bluepinecones » Fri Apr 10, 2015 8:01 am

Good morning
Storms passed and rain will be ending by mid day with promise for a beautiful spring weekend. At least for a little while everything is not pollen colored this morning. I do try to keep the lower back porch swept so Nicky and I don't track so much pollen inside but it will be a couple more weeks before it is worth the effort to clean the other two porches.
Ventured to Home Depot yesterday for dirt and a few plants.
More paper work planned for the day.
Kathy, a brief get away always seems to help me when things get overwhelming. Go for it.
The only major handicap in life is a bad attitude!
bluepinecones

Postby Othersharon » Fri Apr 10, 2015 8:41 am

Good morning all! It was a wild, rainy night last night here! But much better theen what IL had. Hope you gals weren't harmed that live in that part of the world. Kathy, glad to hear you guys are okay. Weatherwise, anyway. Sorry about all the other stuff going on in your life. Families can be so strange sometimes.

Been having a great visit with Carolb. Had to see her leave today but know she needs to get wheels under her so she can make the wedding! And in my defense, the "piles" of snow she saw were few and far between and very small deeper in the woods! And we came over the biggest mountain in the fog so she couldn't see the big piles! I avoided that mountain on the way home! Turned out to be a much nicer day weatherwise then expected! We did some off roading too! Hit the winery way back off the main road, all dirt road and then SIL wanted brown eggs so went to an Amish farm, down their lane that was muddy and very bumpy! I was very careful how I turned around so I didn't get stick in a puddle and have to have horse power to get us out! Brought home lots of baked goodies so will freeze most of it so I don't eat it all at one time! I'll try to slip a goodie bag in for Carol!

Need to go grab a shower and get moving! Have a good day and hope everyone in the path of these storms stays safe.
Othersharon

Postby BarbaraRose » Fri Apr 10, 2015 10:12 am

Woke up to a blizzard this morning (and not the DQ kind)! Fortunately, it is pretty warm out so it is melting as it lands.
Will be in the 60's this weekend tho, so very nice! So sorry to hear about all the bad weather south of here. I am a nervous wreck during storms like that, especially at work.

Had a lot planned to get done yesterday on my day off. Didn't get nearly as much done as I had hoped, but did get caught up on laundry and then went thru all of my clothes, put winter stuff away, tried on summer stuff to see what still fit, and made a huge pile of stuff to give away. I seem to have a 4 hour limit on housecleaning and projects. After 4 hours, I just can't do any more and get distracted with other things (ie; internet, shopping, naps, etc).

I also got very brave yesterday and ordered a two-piece swim suit on line. Now I need to start working out to get rid of some flab here and there before summer. :roll: Will be a good motivator tho

It is actually really pretty out right now with huge fluffy flakes blowing around! It is easier to enjoy it knowing it won't stick around long! Will be starting golf in three weeks! Yay!

Have a good day, stay safe, warm and dry!

Barbie, Romeow, and Sophie, missing Lola! (and lots of ferrets running around in my heart!)

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"
-Anatole France
BarbaraRose

Postby IrishIroamed » Fri Apr 10, 2015 11:45 am

Mornin' Ladies...

Ok here in the Plainfield / Shorewood / Joliet area of IL. The storms pretty much stayed north. In the evening, only minor rain (no lightening or thunder) at my house and whatever was there was over by 9 PM. Not sure how the day went, but I did see some swollen rivers and ponds on the way home from work, so some rain occurred.

Kathy, so sorry to hear this is affecting your health. I know it's hard, but sometimes, the fight just is not worth your health. Something to think about, but you do what is right for you.

Short & sweet (?) --- gotta get back to work.
Cheryl
Today me will live in the moment unless it's unpleasant in which case me will eat a cookie ~~~Cookie Monster

IrishIroamed

Postby chalet05 » Fri Apr 10, 2015 11:59 am

Good Morning,

Glad to hear no one here had storm damage! Kathy, I'm sorry for what you are going through - I went through a rough time with my brother when my mother passed away.

Carolb, glad you are on schedule!

This little old lady is a bit sore from walking/standing on concrete! We are going to an amusement park today and I was tempted to not go until I found out my son-in-law bought the tickets already.

We went to see the USS Hornet yesterday. I know we didn't see everything! Tours of three areas were available - one of them was a waste of time. At any rate, I enjoyed it! Son-in-law's friends came for dinner last night - a nice bunch!

Daughter says grandson is awake so I'll hit the road.

Carolb, enjoy family and the wedding. Everyone have a great day and safe travels.
'
Anita
chalet05

Postby MandysMom » Fri Apr 10, 2015 2:27 pm

Glad everyone is ok from storms. It's a semi sunny day here. I need to get to Curves then to chiropractor for ultrasound on my neck, then home to get dressed to go out for our 39 th wedding anniversary. We are going to try a family owned Thai restaurant tonight.
Have a good rest of your day all.
Velda
MandysMom

Return to Morning Coffee