Rainy Thursday

Let's start our day with a good morning here.

Rainy Thursday

Postby Colliemom » Thu Apr 09, 2015 6:08 am

G'Morning,

Think Carolb is probably hitting the road this morning. Gotta get home before the wedding and weather kooks like it might not be too good. Raining here, which is most welcome. But storms heading this way for later. Molly has yet to experience those. Right now she's snuggled up next to me here on the floor, happily chewing her bully stick.

Looks like a great weekend into mid next wek to play with my TT, get my lawn tractor up and going from it's long winters nap etc. but first a couple days of wet weather to get through. So will putts in house, read travel literature, finish minor little to do's in house etc.

Hope you all have a nice day and a safe drive if you are on the road ;)
Sue and the Furry Crew
Colliemom

Re: Rainy Thursday

Postby IrishIroamed » Thu Apr 09, 2015 7:02 am

Mornin' Sue & all that follow...stormy day here today also. 'Extreme' weather risk this evening (4 - 10 PM) including possible tornados. I'll take a blizzard over a tornado any day.

Watched a really interesting PBS program last night about birds & their nests. Lot's I didn't know, including there are 10,000 identified species (Birdie - you've got a lot to spot :D ) how they sew their nests together with their beaks using grass, ivy, etc and that hummingbird nests are made out of spider silk. Pretty interesting if you can catch it.

Getting 2 chances for hitching this weekend. Tried a bit on Monday but wasn't quite lined up (off a smidge) and then a creepy looking guy showed up at the storage lot. Yes, he went towards his RV, but still ... plus it was getting dark. At 3 weeks and counting for dewinterizing and first camp at SP. Better learn quick!

Have a good day everyone and if you're on the road, stay safe.
Cheryl
Today me will live in the moment unless it's unpleasant in which case me will eat a cookie ~~~Cookie Monster

IrishIroamed

Postby Redetotry » Thu Apr 09, 2015 7:36 am

Good Morning, Storms here too, mostly loud and lots of rain, thank goodness no tornadoes, although a few warnings. The forecast is for a couple of rain free days starting tomorrow and then rain all next week, our grass will be tall enough to bale by the time the lawn dries out. We saw the PBS show on the birds nest building last night too and it was really amazing!! Those sneaky Cowbirds, laying their eggs in others birds nest.
Going to be a long day here, DH has to have a procedure at 11:45 and they are always at least an hour behind, the waiting is hard. I can't imagine why they can't do these earlier especially since they say nothing by mouth after midnight. I finally asked to speak to a nurse about that and they said he could have water, apple juice or sprite until 6AM so I woke him at 6 and gave him a drink of water. The dogs complained about the rude awakening. Looks like another storm is rolling in, lots of wind and it is getting dark out. Andy has moved closer to my chair and will be wanting in my lap soon.
Safe journeys to all on the road.
Redetotry
BJ
Redetotry

Postby chalet05 » Thu Apr 09, 2015 10:16 am

Good Morning,

I sure hate to see all the nasty storms showing up for you gals! I don't mind the thunderstorms, but I dread the possibility of hail and tornadoes when I stay in Kansas.

Sue, I am so 'off the calendar'! Your mention of Carolb and the wedding made me realize this isn't still the first week of the month. Plus reminder that yesterday of Social Security payday for me!

Daughter, grandson and I walked among restaurants and stores in Walnut Creek yesterday. Stopped in some of the biggies - Neiman Marcus, Tiffany's, etc. Son-in-law and co-worker met us for lunch at Chipotle. Later in the day we went to a huge building in Concord where they sell used music and DVDs. Monica and Kyle had a list of movies they were looking for and found most of them. Out for a light supper at the local watering hole - like Cheers where everybody knows your name.

Today is the day we visit a place that has been on my bucket list before I ever heard of a bucket list. We are visiting the aircraft carrier USS Hornet in Alameda! I always loved the old war movies with the planes taking off from and landing on the deck. Later this afternoon, son-in-law is having a bbq for friends to meet Monica (many have met Kyle previously). The apartment building has a lovely rooftop set up with bbq.

Hope you all have a wonderful day and safe travels to those on the road!
Anita
chalet05

Postby bluepinecones » Thu Apr 09, 2015 6:24 pm

Good evening.
Looks like we are in for another bad weather night in north AL - severe thunderstorms with possibility of high winds, hail, lightening and heavy rain with chance of spin up tornados again. Worse of it currently forecast to hit between 1:00 and 7:00 AM. I really dread the storms that hit late at night. At least it should wash some of the pollen off van and out of air. Everything is a yellow-green and feels gritty. I'm working on a record number of sneezes.
Nicky and I are both getting around a little better. However my Fitbit step counts are still pitifully low. Beautiful weekend coming up so maybe I will feel like getting out a bit more.
Sorry I missed the bird nest program; will look for it.
Anyone else a Criminal Minds fan? They are planning to try a spin off again; hope it succeeds. There is a severe shortage of shows I care anything about watching any more so would be nice to add one.
Thanks for the compliments on my new avatar. Feels good to have finally succeeded in loosing some of the weight I gained with the complications from hip surgeries and other health issues.
The only major handicap in life is a bad attitude!
bluepinecones

Return to Morning Coffee