Rainy Tuesday

Let's start our day with a good morning here.

Rainy Tuesday

Postby carolb » Tue Apr 07, 2015 5:56 am

Gmorning all:)

I'm back in eastern time zone, so y'all will probably see me opening MC more often --that is,if I take the time lol
Anita;( seat-of-the-pants traveling works with my little HB and NOT towing ;) but I still have days like you had yesterday:( Glad you arrived safely and will get your pull-tru site today!

Looks like I'll be traveling in rain all.day today. Was hoping to make it to OSharon's this aftn, but this may slow me down. OSharon, I'll keep you posted. G'grief, I thought you were going to order nice weather for me ;)

Y'all have a great day and be safe always!
carolb

Re: Rainy Tuesday

Postby Othersharon » Tue Apr 07, 2015 7:00 am

Good morning! Well, Carolb, at least it's not a blizzard! I did the best I could but must have put my order for good weather in to late! But on the upside, it was a nice day yesterday so I finally got Lola uncovered! Didn't have time to do much else but at least I got that much done! Next thing I need to do is get her in for her annual state inspection. It expired at the end of March so I'll have to do that before I can do much else. I'll call the garage today to set up an appointment to do that. But it's sure nice to look out and see her uncovered! Now I can start reloading her and get rid of the pile of stuff in the dining room! That's after I do a spring cleaning inside! Finally got the backyard cleaned up from the dogs too and realize how much more clean up the yard needs. So I can see what I'll be doing when we get some nicer weather! It'll be good to be able to get outside! It will come! Sounds like lots of plans being made and traveling started. Such fun reading about everyone's adventures! Time for another cup of coffee and getting my day started! Travel safe.
Othersharon

Postby Colliemom » Tue Apr 07, 2015 7:20 am

Morning ladies,

Carolb, so nice to see you start coffee this morning. There are days when I just don't know what to start with as it gets to be same ol' around here. Sorry you have to drive in the rain, but like O'Sharon said, at least it's not a blizzard. Nother storm heading across too, so doesn't look like the weather is going to improve any. Today looks like the only decent day here this week till the weekend.

O'Sharon, nice that you got Lola uncovered. I am waiting to do mine for a bit yet as we keep getting rain/snow or just plain wet snow yet. But the day will come. Am planning to get into it this weekend as I can unzip the cover to access it and also get into my storage compartment up front to inventory my stuff. Be leaving to head west in 7 weeks which is going to go by way too fast once spring really hits. Soon as weather stays above freezing at night, will take it to dealer for dewinterizing and also to have bearings repacked etc. That will probably take most of the week as I won't be the first one in line I am sure. Also need to finish cleaning up yard behind Molly too as well as raking backyard, get my lawn tractor up and running, do some other things in the yard etc. Busy season. Want to get Molly in for the little necessary "Operation" pretty soon too, so she will be healed up before we leave. Need to spend a little time working on trip budget and a last look at the routes etc. so that will be all set. I"m Lovin it! You all have a great day out there. Safe travels for those one road.
Sue and the Furry Crew
Colliemom

Postby bluepinecones » Tue Apr 07, 2015 7:24 am

Good morning
We will be back in the 80s today but overall it will be a wet week around north AL. Thats okay as I've thrown some grass seed out in back yard and it needs rain to sprout.
I did get a few photos posted of our mini gtg with Carolb and Wendy plus 5 dogs. The post is in the gtg thread.
I need to get back to my paper work and taxes so nothing exciting on my near term agenda.
Hope you have a great day.
The only major handicap in life is a bad attitude!
bluepinecones

Postby PeggyinCT » Tue Apr 07, 2015 8:31 am

Good morning Everybody. Sarah, I like your new photo/avatar. Thanks for posting photos of your gtg with Carolb and Wendy. Forum friends always have a good time no matter the weather. Remember the Kansas storm Catherine ordered up for us so we could be Dorothy and Toto for a few hours!
Carolb slow and steady as you make your way to O'Sharon's. I'll be with the two of you in spirit.
Sue, I always enjoy your posts. You can make house chores sound like fun.
It's trying to rain here in Hartford, but we had beautiful spring weather yesterday. Enjoy today. Peggy
PeggyinCT

Postby sharon » Tue Apr 07, 2015 9:58 am

Cold here! Only supposed to be 65 today, down from our mid 70's-80's. A little chilly to ride which means I will probably continue working on sorting in prep for the move to the new house. I know....someone get me some cheese to go with my whine! :lol: We get spoiled out here, that's for sure! I'm having so much fun with the new motorcycle that I get withdrawal if I don't get to ride at least over to the grocery. I can make 25 miles out of the 5 miles over to Sun City for a loaf of bread. :lol: :lol:

Oh well...back to work. Have a great day everyone, and those traveling be safe!
Only Irish coffee provides in a single glass all four essential food groups: alcohol, caffeine, sugar and fat.

- Alex Levine

<><>
sharon

Postby Redetotry » Tue Apr 07, 2015 10:33 am

I'll trade you weather Sharon, it is supposed to be near 80 here today. I've been grooming dogs all morning and still have a dog and a half to go. I had my summer cut yesterday, I had them take a picture of the back of my hair as I don't know if I will ever let it get that long again. I'm having a massage this afternoon and after yoga yesterday and grooming today I am looking forward to that table!
Carolb sorry you are 'flying' east, I was hoping you might come this way, be careful in the rain. Loved the pictures you posted of the gtg Sarah! Your new avatar is great, you look relaxed and rested.
I better go get all this dog hair washed off and see what my hair looks like after I mess with it.
Redetotry
BJ
Redetotry

Postby chalet05 » Tue Apr 07, 2015 11:14 am

Good Morning,

Sharon, I knew it would be cooler here, but quite a shock after our warmer weather, huh? Also wish you were here to help me back out of this tight spot they have me in!! :) I wasn't too concerned until the guy next to me came back with his car making it impossible to turn the truck. Hoping he leaves for the day. Check out is 11 and check-in is 12. However, I was told they don't enforce the check-out time! Want to get moved to Sandi and I can get together!

Carolb, sorry you have to drive in the rain. Guess all the fuss I went through the last two days was okay as it started raining overnight here but has let up - for the moment. Peggy, always good to see your posts!

O'Sharon and Sue, happy to see you getting closer to getting your rigs road ready! Sarah, thanks for the GTG photos - I, too, like your new Avatar!

BJ, a massage sounds wonderful!

Enjoy your day and safe travels!
Anita
chalet05

Postby avalen » Tue Apr 07, 2015 12:47 pm

good morning ladies
was a slow start getting out of bed this morning, I slept like a log and when the alarm went off, my brain said "whats that?" :lol: oh shit,
its time to get up. That hasn't happened in a very long time! My bus broke down this morning, lost the air in my brakes and the compressor
wasn't pumping it in fast enough. Turns out it was the air dryer, part of the air brake system, so now a part is on order and I'm back in
a spare. That whole fiasco put me 25 minutes behind schedule by the time they brought me a bus and we loaded it with our wheelchair hook
ups, and carseats for our little ones.
Carolb, your too funny honey :lol: :lol: :lol: (yes, inside joke)
Tomorrow is my tax day, have all my info ready to put in the car so I won't end up without it when I get there.
Thats about it for news from my end of the world.
Ya'll have a great day, be safe and be warm.
Somewhere with Ava and Maggie
avalen

Postby dayspring39 » Tue Apr 07, 2015 2:33 pm

Is it morning someplace? well not here... slept off and on and then I fell asleep soundly after 6am did not wake up until the test sirens went off at 10!
Rather foggy and gloomy here today... this forum makes it bright... Carolb stay safe and hope to see you again... oh I know you had fun with Sarah and Wendy! love to visit with them also!
BJ good job grooming those fur babies... Shadow needs that again... I hope you do not get deer ticks they carry that deadly lime disease...
Dr visit yesterday resulted in a request for injections in 4 different places... both hips and bursas in both areas also... now the wait is on for the insurance dance... usually there are two rejections before approval...
Sue soon the weather will turn warm and the unveiling will come!! your time for leaving is fast approaching...
Time to get some lunch... will have fresh green beans! they looked so good at the store yesterday I bought some! now time to clean and cook them...
Have a safe day everyone...
Kathleen or Kathy

Use today wisely it's all you have; yesterday is a memory; tomorrow a dream... KLW[/b][/color]
dayspring39

Postby Bethers » Tue Apr 07, 2015 2:59 pm

Carolb, McDowell mountain is one of my favorite places. I try to stay a couple days each winter. Had decided not to this year, that's Miss Frugal in me talking, but last minute broke down. I want in the park much as I had plans all my time there just about, but enjoyed the little time I was there.

Sandi and I have been pming as she was heading west from Santa Fe and me east from Winslow. I'm sure we've passed each other now. :-)

Anita, I'm a planner, but don't follow them. Today I had three possible destinations. Almost went on past the third, but hadn't looked to see what was along there and didn't want to chance it with the winds.

I'm still in shock that I really got up at 6 this morning. Peaches just finally ate her breakfast (she's not a morning dog lol) and now is sleeping soundly to make up for the zzzz's I made her miss. I think I'm going to do this again tomorrow. Wanted to stop at a NWR that allows overnighting, but need to get further as rain, etc are going to come into play and I'm planning to meet my cousin and wife Friday for dinner. Really looking forward to that. I cannot remember when I saw them last. Last time I can guarantee would be their wedding in the 70's. We probably saw each other at least once since then, but possibly not!
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Return to Morning Coffee