Saturday

Let's start our day with a good morning here.

Saturday

Postby Colliemom » Sat Apr 04, 2015 6:11 am

Morning all,

Been sitting here watching the moon as supposed to be a lunar eclipse this morning, but only briefly here and after it get too low in the sky to see it. So forget it. Those on the west coast were supposed to have a better one last night. A blood moon this time too. Find that interesting that it occurs on this Easter weekend.

Not much going to happen around here today. Still under effects of this cold. It can hightail out anytime. I've had worse, but none the less. Getting into the cough stage :evil: Even Molly senses I'm a bit under the weather as she hasn't been bothering me much these past couple of days. Good girl.

Had a bit of excitement here yesterday. Wanted to go to town and pick up a few things from store. Hit the button on garage door opener, opened about a quarter way up and stopped :shock: An no amount of trying and even trying to open by hand worked. So wasn't going any where's. Had to make a couple of phone calls to find somebody to come out. Turns out it was the big spring that helps lift the door. It literally broke in half. I saw it but didn't know what it was. So now have new spring, door all adjusted and tracks lubed etc He did a great job. Backs in business. Thanks goodness it didn't happen tomorrow on Easter Sunday when I want to go to church.`

Sarah, hope you made it through last night's tornado warning with no issues. Was following it on Weather Channel Glad you sought shelter. Sounds like the three travelers are enjoying their trip up through GA. Carolb is safely with Wendy, waiting out the weather fronts in AL.

I"m going to go read some more on here, so you all have a nice day and enjoy your weekend. Keep safe in the path of the weather heading through the southeast and especially if on the road.
Sue and the Furry Crew
Colliemom

Re: Saturday

Postby carolb » Sat Apr 04, 2015 8:07 am

Gmorning Sue & all to follow :)

This will be quick, since Wendy has called me in for coffee & she usually doesn't get out of bed this early. I'd best not keep her waiting. :oops: But all is well here! So great to see Wendy & Pepper! Wendy took me to dinner & all dogs had a great time together playing in the house & yard :)

Haven't heard from Sarah yet, but hope you're ok Sarah??? Tornado in Huntsville?

Best get going! Y'all have a great day... 8-) (hey, I'm on my laptop this a.m. so I've not poofed this! yet?)
carolb

Postby Othersharon » Sat Apr 04, 2015 8:47 am

Good morning all! Thought I would get up this morning to snow but instead it's just cloudy with a little sun now and then! Guess whatever they were forecasting blew through during the night! Doesn't hurt my feelings any!

Hope you get to feeling better Sue and JudyJB. Spring colds are the worst. Not to say they are good any other time! Sounds like lots of you ladies are on the move for new adventures. Sarah, hope you dodged the bad weather. Carolb, glad you are out of it! Sounds like it all worked out. Looks like you'll be dealing with rain this week as you move NE. But better then the white stuff!

My door got put in the other day and they did a good job. No more air leaks! Should have done it sooner, I guess. I had a keyless lock put on it so now have to get used to it! It didn't take long for the boys to leave noseprints on the glass! They seem to like being able to stand there and look out. I like that it lets in more light.

Not much going to happen here today, I realized when I fed the guys last night that I need to go get dog food, have a coupon that expires today so figure this is a good day for it! I spent part of yesterday on the phone with Verizon. I went off my son's contract and they couldn't seem to get the right plan I wanted. So I've made several calls to them and they send an email each time to confirm it. So I've gotten several amounts that I need to pay and at this point I don't really have a clue what amount is correct! I think they finally have it right so I'll give it a few days to see if everything catches up and call them again to get a correct number. Maybe?! Such fun! Anyway, need to get my day started and get some stuff done around here! Have a good day and enjoy your week end where ever and what ever you're doing!
Othersharon

Postby avalen » Sat Apr 04, 2015 8:54 am

good morning ladies
got the washer goin already and soon as the morning chill is gone I'll get to the grocery store. Meeting up with Beth later in the day.
Thats my day in a nutshell. :D
Glad to hear the tornado didn't get any of our girls.
Ya'll have a great day and be safe.
Somewhere with Ava and Maggie
avalen

Postby Redetotry » Sat Apr 04, 2015 8:56 am

Good Morning,
Thought I would show the new Mitzi in her Easter cut. She looks sooo different. I keep telling her it will grow sweetie....She doesn't bring in as many leaves though now so that is good!! Glad to hear Carolb and Wendy are safe and the dogs are having fun playing. Carolb, come back and see us! Hope Sarah can meet up with you all.

Before

After

Getting a hair cut is really hard work.
Redetotry
BJ
Redetotry

Postby bluepinecones » Sat Apr 04, 2015 8:58 am

Just a quick Good Morning
Yes, we had tornados last night but no extensive damage reported that I know of anyway. Think what damage was done was mostly due to straight line winds. It is cold this morning, temps really dropped when the front passed; was 82 when they started and in the 40s by time it was all over.
Expecting Wendy & Carolb later today, not sure what we will get into as I'm not awake enough yet to think. Need coffee.
Mitzi looks ready for spring.
Will report later. Have a good day
The only major handicap in life is a bad attitude!
bluepinecones

Postby grammynmaggie » Sat Apr 04, 2015 9:37 am

Beod morning everyone beautiful day here today but not much going on and I don't have much to say I'm going to the sunrise service at the Home Park in the morning so have a fun filled day and B safe
grammynmaggie

Postby ryegal » Sat Apr 04, 2015 10:20 am

Hi All Good morning to you all Carolb how are you??? and where are you ? As I would like it if we could meet on my trip. It is in the planing stages now.
ryegal

Postby dayspring39 » Sat Apr 04, 2015 11:19 am

Good Morning... got down below freezing this morning... when I left to get my hair cut and order dinner rolls it was 33 will climb today!!!
Have been out and about now here to stay...
My son is doing good... hope he adapts to the recommended changes...
Mitzi looks so cute!! Carolb glad you are at Wendys I sure enjoyed my visit there a few years ago... Sarah glad for the safe report!!
Hope everyone is finishing up plans for Easter... have a great day!
Kathleen or Kathy

Use today wisely it's all you have; yesterday is a memory; tomorrow a dream... KLW[/b][/color]
dayspring39

Postby JudyJB » Sat Apr 04, 2015 11:29 am

Feeling much better today. Not sure if it is the prednisone or the antibiotics or the cough syrup, but as long as it works I don't care. Cough is much less. In fact, it was a lot less right after the breathing treatment they gave me at the doctor's office. I am an asthmatic that coughs instead of wheezes, so I wonder if some of my other coughs with colds were really my asthma reacting to the sore throat and cold virus.

And Sue, I have a similar problem with things not opening or closing, except it is my big front TV. It rotates on a motor so it is flat against the wall when I drive or to put the mattress up or down. I had moved it and pulled the middle part of the over-cab mattress down so I could vacuum and clean up there, then moved it back into place. It was really dusty up there, so later on, I got the ladder out and started dusting around the TV, moving it back about halfway. And then I must have dusted too strenuously around the motor and cord because it stopped, and the cord to the motor fell out. I have not been able to get it plugged back, and of course it is in the usual inaccessible place that you cannot see. Even asked the camp host and then tried Camping World this morning but they have no service today!!

I can watch it at the angle, but the problem will be my niece and her husband's feet will hit it. Or at least the person on the outside feet will hit it. There is maybe a foot of room underneath, so not horrible, but I am still going to fiddle with it later and try to get that plug plugged back in. It's not really a regular plug, but one of those electrical connector that plugs in so it is very small. I have a couple of cards from mobile repair people, but I am hoping to fix it myself.

All set up at Disney World. I just ate some lunch, and am going to tackle the TV for a while and then head to Epcot. Niece is coming tomorrow late afternoon, so I'll spend tomorrow getting beds made up and cooking and hiding eggs!

PS - Had to add this. Remember how I used to complain about how I would do hardly anything online and would end up using a full gig of data and how I was using McDonalds and other free internet sources so I could stay under my 40 gigs per month? Well for the last month, I have been doing a couple of hours of surfing and back to using hardly any gigs, as had been happening in 2013 and the first half of 2014. I do NOT understand Verizon. The bad thing is we have no way of disputing how many gigs they claim we use! IN any case, I am going to enjoy this while it lasts.
JudyJB
http://grandmajjb.blogspot.com/
https://2022humongousukadventure.blogspot.com/
"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts." Mark Twain.
JudyJB

Location: In various COE and state parks in Florida for winter.

Postby Acadianmom » Sat Apr 04, 2015 5:48 pm

I just got back from Sam's and Walmart and I'm pooped. My knee is bothering me. I guess it's from walking all over Walmart twice looking for things. For some reason I feel like I should have a coconut cake for Easter. Sam's always has some beautiful ones. They give out samples. I was able to eat a sample and avoid buying one of the cakes. They are huge and we don't need all that cake hanging around. By the time I got to Walmart I had forgotten about the cake. lol

The only thing I forgot was to go by the lumber company for fly swatters. That is the only place I know of to buy wire fly swatters. Most of the plastic ones are useless.

Our weather turned out nice but a little cool. The storms didn't make it down to us.

Martha
Martha
2010 Coach House
Acadianmom

Return to Morning Coffee