Gonna Get Wet Thursday

Let's start our day with a good morning here.

Gonna Get Wet Thursday

Postby Colliemom » Thu Apr 02, 2015 6:35 am

Morning all,

For the first time since last fall, we have rain in the forecast here and highs in the upper 50's. They are calling for a soggy, windy and wet day :D I'll take it. Get rid of the snowpiles around here. Course will cool off again tomorrow, but only into the 30's and 40's.

So with that in mind, won't be doing much today. Have a slight cold so will probably just relax and putter with stuff around here. Keep Molly entertained. She has her first encounter with bugs last night. Those crazy moths that fly around the lighs were out and she was playing with them, wracking them with her paw. Then couldn't figure out why they weren't moving. "but it was just flying here a minute ago". Life is exciting when you are a puppy.

Donna, you sure sound like you are chomping at the bit to get on the road too. Great pictures LIz posted yesterday. That's a beautiful area around St. Mary's, GA. Been there a few times. BJ, maybe you should put some water in your water tanks and run it through your system and then do the bleach water thing. That should help get rid of that smell. Then maybe go someplace and flush out your tanks. Wonder where Carolb is this morning now that she left Martha's. Don't know which way she is traveling.

OKay, enough said for this morning. Have bacon and eggs here this morning and can make some either chocolate muffins or corn muggings, toast etc. Have a nice day :)
Sue and the Furry Crew
Colliemom

Fun Thursday Coming Up !!!

Postby Carolinagal » Thu Apr 02, 2015 6:44 am

Good Morning Everyone !! I am officially OUT of Florida :D :roll: Today we're riding a ferry, always exciting and fun out to an island. (hoping no rain) :o I'm not sure of next stop over or what we'll be into but you know Liz finds all kinds of fun and interesting things to see and do. Enjoying the history of an area is something I enjoy, very much. My history teacher who didnt like me and my sorry grades in her class would LOVE me now :lol:

Looking a little overcast out there, reminds me to get my poncho out. It was too warm yesterday and if it is today I will enjoy being cooled off. Got into warm weather all too soon this year for me, sorry you gals in the north. From freezing to broiling in a days time in Fl is why I don't miss living there, I like the spring and fall between these other two seasons.

Rambling, must get moving here, coffee was good but we need a lunch to take etc so I need to get the lead out. Wishing you all a really good day !! Stay Safe, whatever you get into :D

CArol :)
Carolinagal

Re: Gonna Get Wet Thursday

Postby IrishIroamed » Thu Apr 02, 2015 7:17 am

Mornin' Sue, Carol & all that follow...

Yes wet here today also and not much else going on Need to get out & buy a different TV for Colt before I head back to Rockford. Where it's positioned hits the bathroom door. They didn't quite fit it in the center of the walls space because of a swing arm and a person sitting nearest to the TV would only see 1/2 of the picture without it.

So nice to see peeps slowly leaving FL I wonder how much their population decreases with the springtime exodus.

JudyJB - I'm with Liz, anything like a toilet needing fixing I may just leave to the experts, but we'll see. On the same note as repairs, Beth you mentioned a monthly inspection you do on your rig. Care to share? I think you should start a topic for newbies "RV 411's" :D but that's probably what the maintenance topic is for.

Have a good day everyone and if you're on the road, stay safe.
Cheryl
Today me will live in the moment unless it's unpleasant in which case me will eat a cookie ~~~Cookie Monster

IrishIroamed

Re: Fun Thursday Coming Up !!!

Postby relaxing101 » Thu Apr 02, 2015 8:15 am

Hope you two have a wonderful day and a safe trip north!

Bonnie
Life is a maze full of choices! Choose your path wisely!
relaxing101

Postby Redetotry » Thu Apr 02, 2015 8:46 am

Good Morning, My little girl is not happy with me, I gave her a bath last night and I'm trying to keep her clean until she goes for her haircut at eleven so she can't go out and play with the boys. I am worried because she doesn't go any where except for walks and has never been left any place besides here at home. I gave her a bath so she won't have to be there so long and will tell them if she totally freaks out I'll come and get her. Maybe I should say if I freak out I'll come get her :lol: :lol:
It's going to rain and storm over the next few days not looking forward to that but I should be thankful we aren't have a drought like they are experiencing in the west. My tulip magnolia is almost in full bloom though and I wish the rains would wait just a few days.
Sue I don't think it is the water but I do need to sanitize the tank, just not sure how as I am allergic to bleach. I left the windows open and let it air out and it seems much better, I think it was just musty from being closed up so long.
Nan, Liz and Carol enjoy your trip and I hope you have good weather for your excursion today.
Redetotry
BJ
Redetotry

Postby Pooker » Thu Apr 02, 2015 9:20 am

I read somewhere along the line that you can use Hydrogen peroxide instead of bleach to sanitize the fresh water tank and it won't leave the bleach taste and not poisonous. Just don't mix them together, tho. I don't remember the measurements - can probably find out on line.
Evie
Southern California
Pooker

Postby dayspring39 » Thu Apr 02, 2015 10:35 am

Good Morning from Windy and Wet Normal... guess the sun will not come out and play today...
I am going with my daughter Margie to see a condominium that a lady friend lives in... so I will not be playing on here...
Not much planned other than that today...
Have a great day where ever you land!
Kathleen or Kathy

Use today wisely it's all you have; yesterday is a memory; tomorrow a dream... KLW[/b][/color]
dayspring39

Postby JudyJB » Thu Apr 02, 2015 10:40 am

It would take a lot of hydrogen peroxide. The best thing about bleach is that it does dissipate over time, and we know it is effective. I usually sanitize when my fresh water tank is half-full and I am going to be driving somewhere for the day. Then that evening I add more water to dilute it. Then I do not hook up to city water for a couple of days while I use up the bleach water, and really by then I cannot smell the bleach. I also drink bottled water or water directly from the campground fresh water supply until the tank is almost empty. Then I can fill it up with good fresh stuff and drink it with no effects.

I have the most miserable cold I have had in almost two years--mostly stuffed sinuses and sore throat. Yuck. Sinuses are giving me a headache as well, but am treating everything with hot stuff, decongestants, etc.

Today is my cleaning and getting ready for company day. My niece (infamous brother's daughter) and her family are coming to Disney World next week. They will stay with me in Fort Wilderness on Sunday and we'll do the Magic Kingdom on Monday. Then they will check into their hotel for the rest of the week. I don't get to see her and her two kids very often. Boy is 12 and girl is 9, so I have an Easter egg hunt planned. Got to get my place dusted and scrubbed in their honor. Got to take all the junk out from under my small dinette and store it underneath somewhere, which means I need to clean out at least three underneath storage areas. Then I will convert the small dinette into two bunks for the kids. And tomorrow I need to go shopping for food, including lots of fruit and veggies for my great-niece so she has enough of her food to eat. Parents are bring her special pancake mix. Will also get frozen fruit bars for kids. Whew.

And it is SO nice to have a toilet that holds water and does not leak around the bottom. Really, all it took was removing four screws and that band around the bowl that holds it to the base.
JudyJB
http://grandmajjb.blogspot.com/
https://2022humongousukadventure.blogspot.com/
"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts." Mark Twain.
JudyJB

Location: In various COE and state parks in Florida for winter.

Postby BirdbyBird » Thu Apr 02, 2015 12:16 pm

Enjoy your Georgia adventures. And I am like you, as much as my hands and ears don't like walking dogs in the cold.....my whole body complains in the heat..... :)
Tina and the furry companions...Lark, Audrey and Jane
BirdbyBird

Postby Acadianmom » Thu Apr 02, 2015 2:50 pm

I just got back from watching them install the sewer plant on the property. I got a call about 8:30 that they were there and where did I want it. Don't call me the day before or even before you left the shop. :evil: I told them it would take me an hour to get there. I wasn't even dressed. I got dressed and got there in 50 minutes. It has been a month since we ordered it and it has been too wet so thought they would at least call me when they were ready. They left a pile of dirt that I said was in the way of the electric line and they said it wasn't. They are going to dig the trench for the electric so I'll let my son fight it out with them when he gets home.

Carolb spent the night at Carolyn's last night. I'm not sure where she was going from there. She makes even less plans than I do. :lol: She doesn't want to go North too fast to avoid bad weather and cold. I need to get my stuff rounded up so I can leave on Monday. I can know something is coming up and still not be ready. You can bet I'll still be loading on Monday.

Martha
Martha
2010 Coach House
Acadianmom

Postby carolb » Thu Apr 02, 2015 7:10 pm

Crikey! Just poofed another msg! On my cell, it's a pain!

Anyway, yes had waaaay too much fun learning to be cajun! Martha and Carolyn, thx for everything!!!! AndHarold and hank too. Anyone traveling through LA, those two are a "must see" You guys are definitely on my non-schedule for my mext trip.

Wow, lots of us traveling to our next destinations. I could use a little assist again--Sarah is on the route I decided to take. I'm 300 mi from you Sarah. I sent a PM with my info, so will those of you who can, plz let her know?? Thx so much.

Ok, y'all have a good evening and 'm sending this before I poof it! Yes, there really are drive-thru dacquiri store in cajun country LOL
carolb

Postby bluepinecones » Thu Apr 02, 2015 9:01 pm

Carol, just found your message. Sent PM with contact info and left you a voice mail
The only major handicap in life is a bad attitude!
bluepinecones

Return to Morning Coffee