Too Chily Thursday

Let's start our day with a good morning here.

Too Chily Thursday

Postby Colliemom » Thu Mar 26, 2015 7:15 am

Morning everyone,

Too chilly here for this time of year. Currently temp is 32 with windchill of 24. High in upper 30's to around 40. Below normal. Should be close to 50. Had a mixed bag of junk yesterday. Rain, sleet, snow a little freezing rain etc. Good day to be inside although once it moved out by late morning, was able to take Molly for a walk. I see OK had some nasty weather yesterday.

Sarah, glad to hear Nicky is a little better, hopefully you will be able to get home today and to vet tomorrow. Miss Molly actually let me sleep in till almost 7 this morning :lol: Donna, safe travels to Hardee Lakes today.

Not sure what is going to happen around here today. Got one more room spring cleaned yesterday, washed the valances and windows in kitchen and living room as well, so with exception of laundry room,done with spring cleaning. Now to putter with cupboards and closets. Also downloaded Allstays app into IPad. Looked at maps for awhile. Looking for a way around Chicago, to see if I want to head home through southern MI or go back through WI to Michigan's U.P.

Ask gues I'll mosey along here. You all have a great day.
Sue and the Furry Crew
Colliemom

Re: Too Chily Thursday

Postby ryegal » Thu Mar 26, 2015 11:09 am

A bright sunny day in Seattle the warmest day of 2015 it is going to be 66 today. But all I can think of is my trip with Peggy in Ct. I am so looking forward to our trip. It seems a lot of people are getting traveling fever. Safe travels for all.
ryegal

Postby MelissaD » Thu Mar 26, 2015 11:13 am

Morning all,

Well the problem with Chicago is you have several Interstates coming together to squeeze around the bottom of Lake Michigan combined with all of Chicago's traffic. As north in MI as you live Sue it's probably easier to shoot through the U.P. into WI and then head west. To go south around the Chicago you about have to drop down to US-24. US-30 is a mess as it's still to close to Chicago.

It's amazing how a little time in the camper improves your state of mind. Still a little cold for my liking but next week it's suppose to be in the high 50's to low 60's and stay above freezing at night. Saturday it's suppose to get down to 17 but most the day will be closer to freezing and Sunday everything warms up again. Well time for some breakfast and off to the pool to exercise my knee. Yah, we sleep late but I've never been a morning person.

I'm liking my new Rayzar Air antenna by Winegard which so far works better than the old bat wing antenna that came with my camper. http://www.winegard.com/rayzarair Upgraded my amplifier last year and it helped but not they are like a matched system and they work pretty good.
MelissaD

Postby JudyJB » Thu Mar 26, 2015 11:58 am

I haven't been posting much lately, first because I was mostly out of service while I was down in the Everglades, and lately because I have been busy with cousins and getting grades in for the semester. I have 24 first cousins on my mother's side of the family, and four of them (two sets of siblings) have married and settled in Florida. One came by for lunch last Saturday, and we chatted for most of the day. (I had had lunch with her nearer her own home last week, but we still had stuff to talk about.)

I went visiting two of the other cousins last Sunday and yesterday had them at my campsite! I only get to see these two cousins every couple of years, and the one I had for lunch it had been 10 years! I got to see the fourth cousin just before Christmas on the other side of the state, but I had not seen him for 30 years! We all lived very close together as kids. So nice to see relatives who you can gossip with about the other relatives!!! :D

I'm at St. Lucie Lock and Dam COE recreation area in Florida and loving it. Very hard to get a site here, but the view of boats going by is fantastic, and I could fish from my campsite if I chose to. You are allowed to walk across the lock as long as the end with the walkway is closed, regardless of whether or not there is a boat in it. Then you can walk all across the fishing pier and dam to the other side. All sorts of interesting boats going by. Meets my criteria of something to watch, open so I can get satellite, paved sites and roads, water and electric hookups, and only $15 per night--just raised from $12 per night, which is what I am paying because I reserved quite a while ago. There are also tent and boat sites here, and right now they have a stack of free firewood. Almost every night some boat gets here too late to go through the dam, so they end up at one of the camping sites.
JudyJB
http://grandmajjb.blogspot.com/
https://2022humongousukadventure.blogspot.com/
"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts." Mark Twain.
JudyJB

Postby dayspring39 » Thu Mar 26, 2015 1:37 pm

Afternoon everyone... chilly here also... lost one of my bookmarks this morning and spent 2 hours on the phone with Apple figuring it out... grrrr never should have downloaded Yosemite but its done...
No news from my son but as my daughter Margie says no news is good news! I have sent him two texts one yesterday and one this afternoon so he knows I am thinking of him... he may go home tomorrow then the struggle comes getting him up every hour and breathing treatments every 6 minutes... yikes that is a lot when will they ever get to sleep!!
Kelsie came yesterday and we got grocery shopping as well as dog food... her allotted time was up after she bought the groceries in and helped take care of most of them... good job!!
Hope everyone is enjoying this day I am having a fresh fruit salad for lunch... so good to have fresh fruit and veggies! Keep us updated on Nicki Sarah... glad he is a bit better...
Kathleen or Kathy

Use today wisely it's all you have; yesterday is a memory; tomorrow a dream... KLW[/b][/color]
dayspring39

Postby SoCalGalcas » Thu Mar 26, 2015 1:46 pm

GoodMorning All, Red, so great to see your post!!! Hope all is going well with you and DH. If you are getting out once and awhile in RED, I guess things are OK for the moment. You did have a rough time of it awhile ago.

Judyjb, love the description of your COE camp ground. I would like that place too!

Kathleen, I can understand why the grandson fainted when seeing his dad after heart surgery. I too felt like it when seeing my daughter for the first time. What kept me upright was seeing that there were eight (8) bottles of liquid on the IV pole going into her. That was so interesting I had to stay upright to count them!

Sarah, I too believe Nicki problem is arthritis. Casey has bad arthritis and has a very difficult time getting up. I do give her Tramadol every once and awhile.

Its been pretty quiet around here the past few days. Our manager had the gardner put chicken wire over some planters on the street. plants were being killed by the dogs (not Casey) urinating on them. I'm betting that the chicken wire will last only until the first Padre game, then persons coming from the ball game and boozed, will pull it out.

I really do to lead a very exciting live...I must go camping soon....lyn

Limits exist only in the souls of those who do not dream./Desktop/IMG_0228.jpg
SoCalGalcas

Postby Bethers » Thu Mar 26, 2015 1:51 pm

I have a feeling in two weeks I'll be saying it's too chilly. Maybe I'll handle it better because having spent the last couple months at a higher elevation, I'm used to cold mornings - and some chilly days still.

Next week at this time I'll be on the road north, myself. This two months has just flown by. The past few days there have been a couple here that really intrigued me. He is from Switzerland, she is from Chile, and their two young children are learning so many languages! He worked in Chile for a while, thus meeting her, they married and moved to Switzerland where his work is based. They are in the US for two months and have spent maybe 4 days of it here! I doubt the youngest child will remember much - he gets carried on the hikes most of the time on his Dad's back. But the 2nd does almost all of the hikes! Amazing. They just stopped by to thank me and say goodbye. I've had such great experiences with people here.

Our shuttle to the top (so that people can hike down) is out-of-commission. Yesterday - my day off - I had told one single lady here that if it wasn't back in commission, I'd drive her up - and did. (I actually told a few people - one hitch-hiked up the previous day!) She's from Australia/New Zealand - living in Los Angeles now, but traveling when she can. Dropped her off at the top and there was a couple who had been here a few days - who said they came by to say goodbye, but I wasn't home. They never thought they'd see me at the top lol. I keep being told by all these people that I give camphosts a good name. All I know is I try to treat everyone the way I'd want to be treated. And I still have to give out the rules, etc. I know some have been put out by me coming by and saying their fire is too big, or they need to put the garbage away, etc - but it is bear country. Haven't seen any yet, but we have had a mountain lion within 1/2 a mile of the campground - so I think the food storage and garbage rules are pretty darn important.

Judy, I always love hearing your campground updates as I like the same type of places you do - most of the time :) I just don't think I could live on a strict itinerary by making reservations so far in advance! I got very lucky last time in FL and hopefully will again next time. This rig is a little bigger, but hopefully small enough that I can still sneak in nights in the parks that are full for the bigger spaces.

To be honest, though, it'll be nice to leave on a high note. It's been a great experience and I intend to come back here - and do this other places. It's work, it's longer hours considering it's volunteering, and I have a ball. That said, it's time to head to a paying job so that I can afford the traveling and volunteering!
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby bluepinecones » Thu Mar 26, 2015 9:51 pm

Judy, I too enjoy your campground descriptions but planning that far ahead is not one of my strong points. However, I'm working on it.

Nicky and I beat the rain home and the thunderstorms missed us entirely but not the dropping temps. Will have 2 nights below freezing this weekend and I'm already back in a sweat suit. Will have to make trip back to CG to set up heater and drain water as I did not expect it to get that cold. Warm up will be quick next week. Such pretty spring blooms all along the way and here. Cherry trees especially notable.

Nicky did well on the trip home. However think he might have over done it after arriving. He was so happy to get off leash and out of harness he actually tried to run across back yard. I stayed in touch with vet on trip home and we had animal hospitals mapped out along route should he get worse; thankfully, he did not - actually seemed better.
The only major handicap in life is a bad attitude!
bluepinecones

Return to Morning Coffee