Wintery Wednesday

Let's start our day with a good morning here.

Wintery Wednesday

Postby Colliemom » Wed Mar 25, 2015 6:57 am

Morning everyone,

Winter Weather Advisories posted for this morning. Mom Nature having a last hurrah here. Mix of snow/rain etc. Not here at the moment, but slowly moving this way. Supposed to be slick roads. No problem, not going anyplace anyway.

Had a wonderful GTG with Louise yesterday. We yakked up a storm over a great meal at Bob Evans. Looked over the maps etc. for my trip etc. Said maybe we might try to do a short camping trip in May if weather and other circumstances come together. I for one, would like to do a quick 2 nighter, to get Molly used to my TT. Shall see. Our fur kids waiting patiently in our vehicles for us to come out and let them out for a little socializing etc. Her William, at his 15 years was so patient with my young rambunctious pup. Actually he seemed to enjoy her.

Kathleen, good news on your son. Prayers for a good recovery for him. Sarah, safe travels. I too, wondered why no check with a local vet. That's scary stuff and might be something that needs immediate attention. Red, so glad to see your post. Know the feeling about losing interest after losing friends and fur kid. My interest in things went downhill last fall after I sent Sassy to the Rainbow Bridge. Put my camper away as I just lost interest in using it. Also lost 3 friends this month so far. But decided that time is slowing slipping away and as long as I have my health and can do the things I want, better get to doing them. Glad you and DH have RED to get away with. Sounds like wise decision to downsize. On agenda here as well.

Nothing much on agenda here today Maybe finish up my spring wall washing project and then do some windows inside. Want to clean out kitchen cupboards and also pantry. Otherwise pretty well done with the spring cleaning stuff. Puttering more than anything till can get outdoors and do stuff. Temps below normal, ground still frozen, so no go out there. Neighbor and I are staring to get into our walking routine again. Did 2.6 miles the other day. and then I took Molly out for a walk, about a half mile. Neighbor and I will be doing longer walks now. 2`3 miles weather permitting.

So you all have a nice day out there, no matter if you are working, on the road or whatever.
Sue and the Furry Crew
Colliemom

Re: Wintery Wednesday

Postby dayspring39 » Wed Mar 25, 2015 7:58 am

Good Morning Sue and everyone else... coffee gone already! finally after two almost sleepless nights I slept 5 3/4 hours last night... felt rested at 6 when I woke up...
we will have a warmer day about 50 then the winter plunge again... much better than a bit ago!
What a great thing that you could visit with Louise... more plans are being hatched!
I will make a list and when Kelsie comes this afternoon we will go shopping... way out of most things!
Have a great day everyone...
Kathleen or Kathy

Use today wisely it's all you have; yesterday is a memory; tomorrow a dream... KLW[/b][/color]
dayspring39

Postby grammynmaggie » Wed Mar 25, 2015 8:13 am

Good morning Sue, Kathleen and all...not winter here any longer.. cloudy but warm ...fun planning summer travel hope you have a great time Sue...getting ready to leave for Hardee Lakes tomorrow ...getting my roof caulked and hope he can look at my awning...will be there at least 3 days but can stay longer...I think Linda will be coming over ...anyone else around please come and GTG with us...well my summer travel plans are back in the jello bowl...after talking with a few people I might make it to PA after all...really need to check with the realtor and other house stuff to get it sold...being it was a bad winter I don't then the showed it much...and I need to see my family...very lonely here in FL...well better get busy ...have a fun filled day and B safe...donna ;)
grammynmaggie

Postby Redetotry » Wed Mar 25, 2015 9:44 am

Good Morning, Sun is out and I guess today we are back to spring for a few hours at least. I had my first tick last night so the season has started. :cry: They were really bad last year so guess I shouldn't be surprised. This one got me on the boob though and it hurts! I had on a long sleeved turtle neck but Toby was on my lap a long time while I was reading so guess he shared.I am beginning to think I am going to have to get the topical stuff as much as I hate to do the chemical I may have to pick my poison.
Sarah thinking of you and Nicky this morning, rather than rush home why not take him to a vet there. I would ask at a pet store or dog park for a referral. It sounds like a joint issue but you both would fell better knowing and getting him some relief, baby aspirin isn't good for dogs for very long and I think you are supposed to give the coated kind.
Donna, sure hope you can get out of Fl soon! Sue good that you and Louise could GTG. Kathleen get your list finished I hope Kelsie shows up today.
I have been reading back in an old forum that many of us used to belong to that is no longer active and was surprised to find my first post in December of 2006! For some reason it says that most everyone joined sometime in 09 but there are a lot of years before then, must have reorganized or something. There are a lot of us still around but a lot of names came up that I have no idea what happened to them, Chrismiss is one that comes to mind. There were many word of wisdom from our beloved Sparkle and also some of her hilarious adventures.
Take care and enjoy the day.
Redetotry
BJ
Redetotry

Postby bluepinecones » Wed Mar 25, 2015 10:09 pm

Kathleen - so glad your son is doing well following surgery.

It has been a very long day and I am exhausted. With all the extra stopping for Nicky, I barely made it here in time to hook up in the last bit of the daylight.

Nicky did very well all day, surprised me given the bad time he had last night. He managed to get up by himself a few times and was able to get up steps into rig with very little help from me. Our walks were frequent but very short. Still not quite up to normal but he has drank water as offered today and is eating. BJ, you are correct, aspirin good only for very short term use and in low dosage.

I was prepared to take Nicky to local animal hospital this morning had he not been better. My vet and I were on phone several times yesterday and again this morning plus some e-mail.

Looks like the first half of tomorrows drive might be okay but some nasty storms in the afternoon.
The only major handicap in life is a bad attitude!
bluepinecones

Postby Acadianmom » Wed Mar 25, 2015 11:00 pm

Sarah, glad Nicky is doing a better. Be careful tomorrow. There are some nasty storm going across Oklahoma and Arkansas. We have an 80% chance of rain here tomorrow. I missed the weather tonight so don't know if all that is coming South or where our rain will be coming from.

My son and I were cleaning the property where we are trying to move his trailer. It finally dried up enough to get the dirt work done. He is leaving in the morning for New Jersey for his son's spring break. I just as soon the sewer people wait until he gets back.

I drove my motorhome today just to give it some exercise. It hasn't been on the road in several months and it still runs. I was going to wash it when I got back and couldn't get the old broken sprayer off to put a new one. I was too lazy to find another hose so put liquid wrench on it. Maybe I can get it off tomorrow.

Martha
Martha
2010 Coach House
Acadianmom

Return to Morning Coffee