Happy Sunday from TX

Let's start our day with a good morning here.

Happy Sunday from TX

Postby carolb » Sun Mar 22, 2015 6:11 am

G'morning all :)

Thanks to help from many of you, I'm at Karen's! Had a great afternoon with her and Sharon/Sprinter:) Would stay another day or more, but need time on the back end of my trip in case of bad weather. Can't be late for niece's wedding;(

So, it's morning and my brain functions much better, but can't remember all the posts I read last night lol....Melissa, is it you who is getting new rig, or Cheryl? Hope knee surgery recovery is going well. Dang, Anita, why wasn't I there when you made that long cruise in the SS???? ;) Glad you had a good time! Yes, OSharon, a snow-free driveway would be preferable!

Waiting for daylight before I take off this a.m., so another cup of coffe! Y'all have a great day and be safe always:)
carolb

Re: Happy Sunday from TX

Postby Colliemom » Sun Mar 22, 2015 6:39 am

Hey, Good Morning Carolb. So nice to see you open the coffee this morning. Missed your cheery post in the a.m.. Isn't it wonderful the contact system we seem to have in place on here. Somebody always seems to know how to contact somebody.

Just got off the Open Roads Forum. Somebody heading to MI from GA looking for some info. Also helped me as I was looking for way around Green Bay, Apleton, etc. in my route to avoid all the traffic. Alternate suggested and looks good. Onward and Westward. Liz mentioned a nice route across Nebraska too, so might do that. Trip planning is fun. Just too much to see and too many directions to go.

Feeling for you gals in the NE with the winter that won't quit. Have been there, know what it's like. Hang on. O'Sharon, can feel your wanting to uncover Lola. Same here with my rig. Pretty soon, pretty soon.

I don't remember what I read in yesterday's posts either somI'll just say, keep on chugging everybody :D
Sue and the Furry Crew
Colliemom

Postby avalen » Sun Mar 22, 2015 8:48 am

good morning :D
now that my world is back to normal :D what ever shall I do? :lol:
Enjoying a nice day off today, ya'll enjoy yours, be well and be safe.
Somewhere with Ava and Maggie
avalen

Postby grammynmaggie » Sun Mar 22, 2015 8:57 am

good morning everyone...another hot day coming up so I guess I will just wait around in the shade and watch more of the air show....maybe do a couple of loads of laundry don't want to do anything that will work up a sweat....lol...I was talking with a neighbor lady this morning she works for a doctor not sure if she is a nurse or not but anyway she told me she would be glad to check on dad a few times a week so along with his friend checking me calling everyday and said friend taking him to Sam's Club and Walmart I just might make it to Pennsylvania after all so I can say is it's back in the jello bowl...have a fun filled day and B safe
grammynmaggie

Postby bluepinecones » Sun Mar 22, 2015 11:16 am

Well it is a jello plan day here also. Originally planned to leave today but weather not looking good along the way and I avoid driving in rain/thunderstorms when possible. Guess I'll be hanging around FL a few more days.
Still a bit concerned about Nicky having trouble getting to a standing position. He still seems fine once all 4 legs under him and not in pain as far as I can tell. We have done several short walks this morning without any problems. Will try to reach my vet tomorrow to see what she thinks about situation.
In the mean time, no rain here yet and clouds are keeping the temps relatively comfortable. Sun peeks out now and then.
The only major handicap in life is a bad attitude!
bluepinecones

Postby Bethers » Sun Mar 22, 2015 11:29 am

Did my first walk of the cg changing reservation signs. Waiting for people to leave to check their sites. Lots of new ones coming in. Just another day of more of the same.

I screwed up on my blog - and didn't have the backup anywhere up-to-date - and thought I had changed the hosting company, hadn't. Lots I could say that I screwed up lol - but I'm thinking it's because I just am not enjoying keeping it up-to-date anymore, so maybe it was all psychologically an excuse to be able to quit it, which I believe will be happening. I do have a chance to recover it - am looking, not too hard, into it - but think I'm going to let it go and just post more pics to FB, etc.

I have NOT let up on backing up my pictures - and think today I'll do that again.

Funny, that old saying, what goes around, comes around? I tried to start a blog when I first started rving and hated it, discontinued it. Then I was asked to try again and did so when I started my first Alaska trip. For some reason, I enjoyed how I did it then. That was 2009 - it's now 2015 and I'm feeling like I did in 2005 lol.

Looks to be a nice sunny day here.

Oh, did any of you see the beautiful moon rise last night? It was awesome - with two planets in view and the moon a sliver following an eclipse. I couldn't get pictures here .... but was so glad I was outside and looked up!

Donna, I hope you can go to PA if that's what you want. And Sarah, take your time and travel when the weather is right. I'll be thinking of Nicky. He could have the start of arthritis and the getting up can be the hardest. When I had Tips the getting up was actually easier for him than getting down - but both became harder and harder over the years. Thank goodness for the great meds they have - it made his life more painfree. Maybe not free - but acceptable.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby dpf » Sun Mar 22, 2015 11:29 am

Good Morning. Spring is here! Hoping it brings us lots of April showers because we need them! We’ve hardly had any snow this year and temperatures have been unseasonably warm with lots of wind. Burn bans are in effect in our area. Poor volunteer fireman have been extremely busy. Lots of disgruntled employers because they have employees who are volunteers leaving work to fight fires. I know it’s inconvenient for them but also makes me wonder how they would feel if it were their business burning and no one showed up to put it out because everyone had to stay at work. Wonder if they would rather that a town of 600 hired full time firemen and ambulance crews and our taxes would have to be increased by mega bucks to support it. So there…I’ve said my piece on that subject!

Been a quiet week..normal work and home. We did go uptown on Tuesday night to celebrate St.
Paddy’s Day with corned beef and cabbage and green beer with friends. My how age changes a person! We left the house at 6 and were home by 7:30. Certainly hasn’t always been like that! In the town where I was born and bred St Pat’s day was darn close to a national holiday!

I’ve been crocheting an afghan for Ryan and Ashley for Christmas and last night thanks to two new movies on Lifetime and Hallmark I completed another 6 inches…only 30 more to go! If I remain diligent I just might not have to have a race with the clock next December.

Enjoy reading about everyone travels and summer plans. (Remember Camp Cihak is open) Guess I have to wait a while longer to make any plans. I still have my doubts that I’m going to get DH to travel further than 40 miles from home. His 65th birthday was yesterday and he doesn’t plan to start collecting SS because of the farm. Have no idea when he plans to retire….he still works part-time for the city too.

Bronc took his first steps Friday but so far is only performing that feat for his mom and dad. DH was at the farm yesterday and Ashley tried to get Bronc to walk for him and all he would do was stand a grin. The little stinker.

So have a good week everyone. Unless something earth shattering happens during the week you won’t hear from me until next weekend. :roll:
My mind works like lightning...one brilliant flash and it's gone.
dpf

Postby chalet05 » Sun Mar 22, 2015 11:37 am

Good Morning,

Donna, glad things may be going your way! Sara, always nice to be able to wait for decent weather.

Carolb, I'm so glad the spur-of-the-moment gtgs were possible. Reminded me of our 2nd day as full-timers. My brother was driving long haul north on I-5 as we headed south. First had a cell phone conversation (a marvel) and then he got on the CB when he spotted us! No time to stop as we were all getting away from snow predictions.

Great progress here yesterday - car cover repaired, CB antenna installed among other things. 4 o'clock we decided to go for a ride looking for sheep knowing we would be coming back in the dark. Wow! the quiet desert at night with the beautiful sky, moon and Venus. (Beth snuck in with an explanation. I didn't see Mars) We had several birds fly up in front of us (same species), but I have yet to figure out what they were.

Gotta get myself together. Friend of my classmate in neighbor park wants a SS ride - he has the greatest English accent!

Everyone have a great day and safe travels!
Anita
chalet05

Postby cnq50b » Sun Mar 22, 2015 11:44 am

Good morning everyone!
Just stopping in to catch up a little & say 'Hey'.

Looks like it takes a village (of RV women) to make gtg's happen - I agree how can we get Carolb on FB? :?
Still like the forum where we can look back & read up on adventures & issues by topic though - FB is just a little quicker to keep up with what's happening.

Spring has sprung here in KS - flowering trees are getting buds on them, grass is greening, weeds are sprouting...
Sadie & I took the big van to a park early this morning - walked around the park twice & started the drive home - decided I wasn't ready to stop yet so continued out onto the highway for a bit- pretended we were on a very short road trip. :lol: Need to go to Council Grove sometime soon...

Trying to de-clutter house - tough getting started. Want to get as much done as possible before going out to Cali in Sept. Seems like I have to attack rooms, closets, drawers twice - first attempt is a dry-run. Hopefully I'll pick up the pace as time passes.

Ok, this is just me procrastinating some more - better get moving.
Safe travels...
Catherine
Catherine & Sadie
California

cnq50b

Postby Acadianmom » Sun Mar 22, 2015 12:10 pm

It's a beautiful day and we didn't get much rain at all. Now it has moved East to get in Sarah's way.

Glad the GTG worked out in Kerrville. I need to start collecting phone numbers. I know I had Colleen's at one time but I'm not very well organized.

Harold wanted to eat lunch early because there is a horse show in New Iberia. That worked right into my plans because I'm heading out to the RV show. 8-)

Martha
Martha
2010 Coach House
Acadianmom

Postby Bethers » Sun Mar 22, 2015 1:15 pm

Excitement! I glimpsed a coati this morning! I was afraid I'd be leaving without that happening - so even though it was a quick glimpse, it happened. I highly doubt I'll get pictures of one or of the painted redstart that keeps teasing me (actually takes it's time and poses if I'm on the rare walk without my camera; camera with, it hides or flits quickly out of view).
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby dayspring39 » Sun Mar 22, 2015 2:01 pm

Hello I haven't felt much like posting lately...
My son Chuck has open heart surgery tomorrow morning early... he has been in the hospital for a week...
Margie and I will go up in two weeks...
He will be off work for at least 3 months... his health is bad...
Kathleen or Kathy

Use today wisely it's all you have; yesterday is a memory; tomorrow a dream... KLW[/b][/color]
dayspring39

Postby chalet05 » Sun Mar 22, 2015 3:41 pm

Kathleen, I'm sorry to hear about your son's health. Praying surgery and recovery go well and improve his well being. Hugs!
Anita
chalet05

Postby IrishIroamed » Sun Mar 22, 2015 4:20 pm

Kathleen so sorry to hear about your son's surgery. He has my prayers.

Anita, I think you should start charging for SS rides. Gas is getting expensive. ;)

Uh oh Pat. Bronc is getting really mobile! Batten down the hatches. The days of sitting with him are over I think, now it's keeping up with him. :D

Carolb - I bought a TT - info in in the rigs threads.

Alice you're not the only with with PC problems. Kathy (GingerK) has been dealing with them for a week which is why she's been absent.

Take care everyone.
Cheryl
Today me will live in the moment unless it's unpleasant in which case me will eat a cookie ~~~Cookie Monster

IrishIroamed

Postby Acadianmom » Sun Mar 22, 2015 5:36 pm

Kathleen,I pray that everything goes well with your son's surgery. I went through heart surgery with my son. That's scary for a mom but it was a success.

The RV show didn't take long. It was getting really hot out there. I wish I had taken my camera. They had the cutest little Tab trailer with a small kitchen area in the front and a wet bath in the front corner. I didn't go inside it but I'm not sure I could have gotten through the shower door. They had one of the Shasta retro trailers. For $20,000 I didn't think it was that well made. If you ever get to see one look at the metal work and trim on the seams.

I liked the Airstream Mercedes Vans but a little pricy. They were $130,000. I really liked the screen door on the side.

Sarah, on one of the blogs I read they were talking about giving their senior dog ibuprofin for arthritis. It seemed to help him get up and walk.

Martha
Martha
2010 Coach House
Acadianmom

Next

Return to Morning Coffee