Saturday Morning

Let's start our day with a good morning here.

Saturday Morning

Postby Colliemom » Sat Feb 21, 2015 7:28 am

Good Morning everyone,

How are we all doing this morning? Everybody warm and toasty since it's moderating out there, at least for a short bit. It's 9 degrees here this morning, so having a heat wave :) Had about 3 inches of snow last night so will be taking care of that later.

Cheryl, by all means, go ahead and post if you are the first one up. Some mornings some of us don't really have anything to think of to start off. I have posted when somebody else has in past and like Beth said, they get combined. I always check the thread after I submit my post and if I see somebody has started Coffee, I copy my post to their thread and delete mine.

Miss Molly and I have had breakfast, scrambled eggs and bacon for me and scrambled eggs and kibble for her. I have more if you would like some or sausage if you prefer.

Judy, wonderful summer trip you have planned. That's on my bucket list too. Will be following you in your posts to see how it goes. You mentioned coming back into the U.P. After. Do you know about when and where you plan to go up there? Maybe we can have a GTG.

Nothing much on agenda here today. Snow blowing as I said and maybe some housecleaning. Probably a doggie walk this afternoon.

So am going to move along here and let somebody else post. Some of you probably have more excitement going on then I do. Irmi, how did that chocolate pie turn out?
Sue and the Furry Crew
Colliemom

Re: Saturday Morning

Postby grammynmaggie » Sat Feb 21, 2015 8:16 am

Good morning Sue and all....it is warmer here also 60 when I got up this morning
heading over to Wickham campground this morning to spend the night empty my tanks in preparation for leaving on Wednesday to Hardee Lakes ...so I better get busy get moving have a fun filled day B safe ....donna
grammynmaggie

Postby IrishIroamed » Sat Feb 21, 2015 8:56 am

Mornin Sue, Donna & all that follow ~~~

No worries Sue. I'll start coffee, but next time I'll try to have some food to offer too :D Back to the RV show for day 2 today. Although I still like the Summerland 2020QB, this year I'm leaning towards smaller & cheaper, but I still want windows which was the big seller for the 2020QB. Most TT's seem so dark and I don't want to live in a cave even if it is only for weekends.

I liked a 16' Wolf Pup, it had a large window next to the little 2 person dinette, but the only storage for clothes was under the bed. No side cabinets or overheads, but it was less than $9,800+ show price. There was another 17' that did have more clothes storage, but the window was smaller priced at $9,900+. So price was good on both of those. Two others were both Forest River Vibes, another 20' or a 21', but obviously the price goes back up. I know I'd pretty much only be sleeping in them on long weekends for now, so windows shouldn't be a show stopper. Dang, I really want to get something this year. Maybe I need to use a dart board for a decision. :lol:

Melissa - thanks for the 'in English' explanation of what M stands for. After I read it about 15 minutes ago, I went right to the truck to look for the + and -. Found 'em on the right side of the steering column with the other towing tow stuff. If I get back to Mississippi Palisades SP this year, going to try it there. Some steep hills in that park!

Well off to the RV show to see what I missed and to look at the ones I liked again. Have a good day everyone & stay warm & safe on the roads.

PS - Happy belated Coleen - sorry I'm so late. :oops:
Cheryl
Today me will live in the moment unless it's unpleasant in which case me will eat a cookie ~~~Cookie Monster

IrishIroamed

Postby carolb » Sat Feb 21, 2015 9:28 am

G'morning all :)

Oh my! The freeze continues:( Won't even mention AZ weather conditions;)

Crikey, BJ, finding the window open by your frozen pipes:( Dang, wanna kick yourself in the butt?
Kath, you're a godsend to be petsitting in that freezing weather. Speaking of petsitting, yes, we're having a great time with Ava and Maggie, one big happy family:) and speaking of Maggies, we're all here for you CArol. Anita, if you get to drive L's RZR, does that mean he gets to drive your SS;) Not a chance, huh!!! :)

Y'all have a great day and be safe always :)
carolb

Postby JudyJB » Sat Feb 21, 2015 9:51 am

I'm up and heading out to W.P. Franklin Locks Campground, a COE site just west of Ft. Myers. Never been there before, but looking forward to staying there for two weeks. I really enjoyed Ortona Locks, which is just down the road but on the opposite side of the Caloosahatchee Canal that enables boaters to cut across southern Florida. Fun watching the boats go by.

Sue, what amazed me as I was planning my New England and Maritimes trip was how little I know about that part of the country. I've been out west so often and down here to FLorida even more often in the past 40+ years, but only one brief trip to New England, so this will be a learning experience, as they say. About time I got familiar with the entire country! I'll be swinging though the UP on a different shorter trip to Ontario in early July, but don't know the exact dates yet.

Glad to hear that the northern folks are thawing out a bit with their "heat wave"! I had to chuckle yesterday. I had a load of laundry to do, but it was stifling hot inside the big laundry room for this big campground with all the machines going, so I sat on the step outside in my shorts and t-shirt. It was about 63 degrees--chilly, but still OK. Inside the laundry room was a lady with a hoodie sweatshirt and a light jacket over it! These Floridians start bundling up when the temps go below 70! I am sure those of you whose pipes are in danger of freezing would LOVE 63 degrees right now!
JudyJB
http://grandmajjb.blogspot.com/
https://2022humongousukadventure.blogspot.com/
"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts." Mark Twain.
JudyJB

Location: In various COE and state parks in Florida for winter.

Postby Redetotry » Sat Feb 21, 2015 10:02 am

Good Morning, We had freezing rain during the night but not as bad as the weather man had thought. It is a little above freezing now and supposed to start raining hard. I think this is going to be a wait and see day and hope for the best! Yes Carolb but I'm only feeling guilty about forgetting to let the water run after breakfast as it was still zero outside, the basement responsibility is otherwise delegated. :lol:
We'll be waiting for your report on the RV shows today Cheryl! I too appreciated Melissa's + and - explanation. My Subaru has them but haven't tried them out. I don't remember what I have to do to use them and so far no need. Sue, sure glad it is warmer up there, I was worried about you at -32!!
Time for my second breakfast. Will check in later.
Redetotry
BJ
Redetotry

Postby cnq50b » Sat Feb 21, 2015 10:08 am

Good morning!

Sunny & cold here in KS. Winter finally arrived this week - snow & cold. Nothing like the northeast but enough to let us know it is winter.

So much going on here - will take some time to catch up.
So good seeing a post from Nancy. Karen has changes in her future, Anita got her SS back, Lyn has a new grand, watching Molly grow up where 9 degrees is a heat-wave :shock: , and trying to keep up with those enjoying FL, AZ & even Mexico. JudyB, you give us ideas on great places to stay in FL - yes, 63 degrees would be great. Tough group to keep up with but I love it!

Me, I'm working out details of how I can take care of new grandbaby who is scheduled to arrive in July in Cali when DIL goes back to work. Haven't told work yet, but this will be the 3rd time that I try to step down/out of my position. Pretty sure I'll make it this time. :D Would love to stay connected to them if possible, but I'm not going to pass up the opportunity to snuggle & love this new little one for as long as they'll have/need me. Looking forward to the adventure. :D

Better get busy - hope everyone stays warm, safe, but most of all happy.
Catherine
Catherine & Sadie
California

cnq50b

Postby dpf » Sat Feb 21, 2015 10:17 am

Good Morning! It was 54* when I left work yesterday and it’s now 21 with a projected high of 26 today. Tomorrow’s high is supposed to be 13. Ugh. It’s snowing a little right now but it’s supposed to amount to anything. Actually we could use the moisture…the ground is bare. I’m sure the east coast would give us some if they could!

Had an interesting week. I was informed that I am now getting another area to supervise. I will have a braille unit in my area. The inmates will be transferring text books for schools into braille on computers. Within the next couple months I will gain 10 more inmates. Oh yippee. Just what I need.

On a positive front I bought myself something that I have wanted forever. I bought a framed print of Terry Redlin’s Harvest Moon Ball and it arrived yesterday. It’s already hung. My mom always gives me money for Christmas and my birthday and I had been hoarding it for quite a few years trying to decide on something to buy. Guess I always feel that monetary gifts should be used for something with lasting quality. So this was within my range and I bought it. I love Redlin’s paintings and this one has always been my favorite and am sure I will treasure it forever.

Tonight is my turn to host the girls for cocktails and snacks. That’s always a fun evening. Guess I’d better pick things up and dust and try to figure out what to make for munchies. It’s a rather diverse group as Tina could tell you because she attended one of our sessions on Missy’s patio when she was here a couple years ago. Ages run from 27 to me being the old lady! Children and husbands are banned.

Always enjoy reading everyone posts although I don’t add much myself. Have a great day. Looking forward to pictures of the Florida GTG.

By the way....I have coffee! But if you show up I might put you to work too! :lol:
My mind works like lightning...one brilliant flash and it's gone.
dpf

Postby avalen » Sat Feb 21, 2015 10:43 am

good morning :D
yep, enjoying Carolb's company and her crew are good for Maggie as she's learning a few more social skills. Have a lot of little minor things to do today but oldest grandsons birthday today so son has another dinner planned for Applebees.
Right now I'm trying to get the house warmed up enough to take my shower. Can't stand the morning chill when it comes to being wet.
Few dishes to get done and lots of tidying up to do on my table, :? not worried about laundry this weekend, have enough clean to get me through until next weekend.
Ya'll have a great day, be safe, warm and healthy.
Somewhere with Ava and Maggie
avalen

Postby Othersharon » Sat Feb 21, 2015 11:17 am

Good morning! I am really behind this morning, slept in really late so am just working on my first cup of coffee! It's supposed to be a little warmer today but now they're saying we might get anywhere from 3 to 8 inches of the white stuff today. We are usually on the cusp of 2 different forecasts so who knows! I talked to my neighbor yesterday when he was out and apparently their main water line burst and they don't have a shut off in the basement! So they had water pouring into the basement. Needless to say I rechecked mine just to make sure I had a shut off from the main line! I do! But it got me thinking again about getting the insurance for the lines that the water and gas company offer. The water company came out and shut off the main yesterday and they have 2 big pieces of equipment out there now digging into the frozen tundra trying to unearth the line.

B.J. I have paddles on my Subaru for downshifting and I use them quite a bit. Since I live where there are lots of hills I find them convenient. I don't have to ride my brakes all the time since it slows me down when I press the minus one. I wish the rv had them! I find when I first start driving the rv I automatically want to press them and they aren't there! Opps!

Kathy, I didn't really have a chance to talk to my chiropractor about the forum since she was so busy but will be seeing her again soon so plan on mentioning it to her! I'll write it down and give it to her and see where it goes!

Cheryl, good luck with your search! I know what you mean about windows. That's one of the things I really like about my rv, it has plenty of light coming in the 2 big side windows. I realized as soon as I walked into it that it was so light and bright and that was a big selling point for me.

Ok, enough rambling. I need to decide what I want to get into today. Another day I will be staying home! And another day closer to spring! Have a good day, stay warm and safe.
Othersharon

Postby Acadianmom » Sat Feb 21, 2015 11:36 am

I woke up about 4:00 this morning and couldn't go back to sleep. I was sneezing and my stomach felt funny. I thought for sure I was coming down with something. Yesterday I was standing in line at the grocery store and the girl in front of me could barely talk and was coughing. I was backing up to get away from her. I'm pretty sure what she had on was pj's. I'm feeling better now. Maybe I'm allergic to cats since I have a cat on both sides of me and one on my feet at night.

Last night the low was only 60 and it's 66 now. It's back to being overcast again. There's a chance of rain but what I see on the radar is mostly in North Louisiana.

I had a painting of a beach scene that I liked a lot hanging in my office at work and I lost it when the office burned. It was just something I bought at one of the starving artist sales they have ever so often. I have been looking for another one ever since and can't find one I like as much as that one.

I think I will go look for my long handle pruners and start working on my roses before they get any more out of hand.

Martha
Martha
2010 Coach House
Acadianmom

Postby Irmi » Sat Feb 21, 2015 11:38 am

Good morning ladies!

While it's still morning here, thought I'd check in and say hello!

Like Sue, there has been a time or two that I have started the MC here not realizing that someone else has posted at the same time. I copy my post and paste it under the other one and delete my original. Sue, good to hear it's warming up for you! Donna, you're going to be busy getting ready for the GTG! Cheryl, since we spend almost six months a year in our RV, large windows are a must in this thing. It even gets cold in FL and we spent the better part of the last two days hunkered down inside, so having lots of exposure to the outside is real important for both of us. Carolb, that's so nice that you're able to take care of Maggie for Ava. JudyJB, you're seeing so many different areas and have lots more on your agenda for the summer months. I'm looking forward to hearing about your trips. BJ, sorry to hear about the open window, but I'll bet that never happens again during the winter months. Frozen pipes are such a pain. Catherine, stay warm! Pat, I looked up Terry Redlin and the print you got. That's very pretty! Ava, enjoy the birthday party! Sharon, you have more winter weather coming. That's a great idea about having the water company come out for peace of mind. Good thinking!

It's finally warming up in Ocala and we'll be spending the rest of the day sitting outside in our yard. Karaoke is tonight at the clubhouse, so we'll have an early dinner to make it there by 6:00. The chocolate cream pie was a big hit yesterday. It's so easy to make but oh, so good! Take care everyone!
Irmi

Postby dayspring39 » Sat Feb 21, 2015 11:57 am

Busy busy busy morning for everyone... I got up with my alarm at 8 as Margie and John will bring Augie over around 8:30... got dishes out of the way (in dishwasher!), put chicken in the crock pot with tomatoes, made coffee and did e-mail... then they came over... John put a new bulb in my light outside my door... I could not do it in the awful cold... but this morning it was very mild in the 20s with little wind... I could have done it... but instead I did poop duty...
Augie and Shadow are now resting after going out a few times and having a bite of chicken... they get along so well... Shadows best buddy...
Enjoy snuggling the little one they grow so fast and then they have their own agendas...
Cheryl we had a 17 1/2 ft travel trailer and it had a perfect lay out... in the back was a small tub w/shower, stool, vanity and a cupboard to hang clothes... there was plenty of space in it and it was light and airy... we went for 3 months one year... we lived in Lakeland, Fl from there we went up the east coast to visit my sister Wilma... then across Penn to Mi to visit 3 of our children then over to indiana to visit my husbands mother then into Illinois to visit Margie then to Arkansas to visit my cousin... we stopped and camped along the way it was a good trip... it was fine for two people and our dog... I would not mind having a tt again...
I wish you luck as you look and dream!
Will pictures follow of the new painting D?
Sounds like Ava and Carolb are having a good time...
Take care everyone and enjoy this day!
Kathleen or Kathy

Use today wisely it's all you have; yesterday is a memory; tomorrow a dream... KLW[/b][/color]
dayspring39

Return to Morning Coffee