Thur Feb 19th and still dang cold!

Let's start our day with a good morning here.

Thur Feb 19th and still dang cold!

Postby IrishIroamed » Thu Feb 19, 2015 7:48 am

Mornin' ladies!

Giving Sue a break. Maybe she & Molly are snuggling under the covers. Still dang cold here too with an expected high of 6* :x I'm definitely ready for at least sweater weather again. This is nuts.

RV show is this weekend. Playing hooky from work tomorrow. Giving myself at least 2 days to go dream. One of these years I'm going to get through the entire show.

Only some coffee here today. My turn to go shopping sometime soon. :roll:

Have a good day everyone. Stay warm, stay safe.
Cheryl
Today me will live in the moment unless it's unpleasant in which case me will eat a cookie ~~~Cookie Monster

IrishIroamed

Arctic Cold Thursday

Postby Colliemom » Thu Feb 19, 2015 8:11 am

A Frigid Good Morning to you all.

It's -28 on my deck outside. But no wind, so wind chill is nil for now. We are under a Wind Chill Warning for today however. High predicted of -4. Miss Molly was laying in front of the fire here, half sleeping and half watching TV till the stove shut down as it is warm in here. She got up and pawed at it. Guess she didn't like her fire going out :lol: She's been busy landscaping my house of late, bringing in some red volcanic landscape stone, some oak leaves and small pine needle bunches from outside. Also is starting to loose her baby teeth, the which I am happy about :)

Won't be venturing outside today other than the mailbox and also to check on the house I watch over down the road here. Want to run a check on heat and also water lines. It's a second home and owners haven't been up here since early December. Plan to finish that jigsaw puzzle and clear off my table so I can get my tax stuff out and organized and study maps and such for trip west this summer.

I sincerely hope that those of you who are dealing with this cold, are dong okay and keeping warm. I know the gals in Fl are having to keep heaters running and water lines unhooked and hoping their rigs water pipes don't freeze. Many of you in the south don't experience this type of cold and your hoes are not built for it not to mention your roads are in bad shape right now as well. Hang in there. Put on your fleece and stay warm.

Was surprised to see that Diana (Mtngal) and Carol (CPatinJones) have been spending time with the gals at McIntosh. Glad to hear you are doing okay and enjoying FL. Certainly hope it warms u fr the GTG next week the which of looks like it's growing by leaps and bounds.

Time to be off. Got a muffin pan of banana muffins to put in the oven. Will lhave warm muffins here in a little while if you would like to have some. Forgot about getting some nuts to make banana nut muffins though. Also have bacon, but used up the last egg. Cereal is also available. So come up and join me. Have a nice day all. Keep safe and warm those in the cold and have fun and enjoy the warmth those of you out in the west. :)
Sue and the Furry Crew
Colliemom

Re: Arctic Cold Thursday

Postby Redetotry » Thu Feb 19, 2015 9:32 am

ACK Sue -28!! Do you have some type of alternative heat if the power goes out? I was freaking out here last night when they said the low would be -11. Only got down to zero but that is unusual here. I just looked for Mitzi and all I see is her bottom, she has most of her body under the pillows on the couch. I don't think she is cold because when she gets outside, I can't get her in unless I trick her by ringing the doorbell. :) She had been good about coming when called but when it got cold and then the snow, she decided it was lots more fun to be outside. I worry her feet will freeze. A nearby town is sending the animal control officer out to look for pets that are tied up or in pens and making the people take them inside or they get a big fine. I wish all towns would do that.I don't think this spell of bad weather is going to end anyways soon, supposed to warm up to 41 and then rain and freeze next week. Sure hope they are wrong.
I installed the Sophos Anit-Virus for Mac on my computers and they have been running slow or stopping periodically ever since. I hope I can successfully remove them, going to try today.
Redetotry
BJ
Redetotry

Postby dayspring39 » Thu Feb 19, 2015 9:36 am

Good Morning Sue and everyone else...
That is cold for sure.. We only down to got about -2 and now it is +2 will get to +10 today so we are in a heat wave compared to your temps...
I watch Shadow from the window to make sure he does his business and then quickly let him back in... he sits and keeps changing feet so I know he is very cold...
Not going out today as the weather would do me in... Got the very long rejection letter for spinal injections from the insurance co... they also rejected the med I take for Fibromyalgia not sure what is going on with them... I will have to get the med from WalMart as with this cold weather I can hardly move... such is life...
Kelsie and I mostly her got the contact shelf liner on the upper cupboards above the bar and sorted and packed away things I do not use but want to let the grandkids take what they want for memories... have a whole box of vases also... it feels so good when part of the sorting gets done... hopefully we can do more next week...
Sure sounds like Molly is adjusting to her home... she is in for some great adventures...
Need to warm up my coffee so will wish you all a warm and safe day...
Kathleen or Kathy

Use today wisely it's all you have; yesterday is a memory; tomorrow a dream... KLW[/b][/color]
dayspring39

Re: Thur Feb 19th and still dang cold!

Postby gingerK » Thu Feb 19, 2015 9:39 am

Morning all,

Yes, frigid cold today and unfortunately I need to go out in it. Dogs still have to go potty! Thought for a while that one dog's Mom would be home today (she's a teacher) but they didn't close the school where she works.

Laundry day and trying to clean up the floor in the utility room where our water softener overflowed twice. After the water dried up I'm left with a yucky salty mess on the concrete. I didn't clean it up yesterday because DH had to fix the hose and wanted to run it again to see if that was the problem and if it would overflow again. So far so good.

My dogs are going stir crazy from being inside so long, they are used to staying outside during the day and like to see what's going on in the world. Inside the house there's really not much they can look at. We go through lots of treats and peanut butter stuffed in Kongs. The youngest dog gets wound up and tries to play rough with the oldest dog, she growls and barks at him and he thinks it's fun. Then the middle dog joins in and barks at everyone. Pure pandemonium! C'mon Spring!

Take care,
Kathy
Any day spent in the company of my animals is a good day.
gingerK

Postby carolb » Thu Feb 19, 2015 9:40 am

G'morning Cheryl & Sue (who opened at the same time) & all to follow :)

Had to do some catch up, and sounds like everyone survived Shrove Tuesday :) I awoke to a beautiful sunrise, parked at Ava's this a.m. Got back to Mesa yesterday afternoon, so joined her for "national wine day"??

BJ, yes, I've changed my mind about riding in the SS--can you believe that :roll: :lol: Anita, glad you were able to find friends from your school--I can picture their faces when you arrived! BTW, after you left, I walked the dogs again & did find evidence of javelina digging! Sheila & I had a beautiful hike to Palm Canyon! So that hike & my "workout" of country dancing at the senior center the night before :o , well let's just say if I had a fitbit, it'd be off the charts :lol:

OK, must respond to the fb conversation. Colleen (longdogs) has it right--this forum is NOT private, unless you PM! I didn't know that when I first joined, since I'd never been on a forum. And I think I lost a non-rving friend a couple years ago because of something I wrote here--she has no sense of humor & my sense of humor is pretty sarcastic, suffice it to say, tone absent in the written word. Anyway, I have a fb account, but somehow--technologically challenged,as I am--I have privacy settings so strict that I couldn't even get a friend request when I wanted one :roll: So fb can be much more private.

So y'all have a great day & be safe always! FL gtgers, getting ready for a heck of a good time 8-)
carolb

Postby bluepinecones » Thu Feb 19, 2015 10:34 am

Good morning
Beautiful sunshine this AM but with an icy wind and not going to warm much until the weekend. News said the cold extends into south FL and threatening salad and vegetable crops as well as citrus industry. Nice warm up expected for the weekend.
I managed to stay relatively comfortable in Magic in spite of the cold.. The bubble wrap on windows and new down alternative blanket have made a big difference.
Wonderful time yesterday. Got to meet Diana and Carolyn, do a little sight seeing and get a great lunch with friends to share.
Moving a little southward in an hour or so. Will spend the coming week at park where Dawn is living so get to visit with her and Gloria plus I think Diana and Carolyn are going to be there by the weekend. Have really enjoyed my time with the McIntosh ladies.
Have a good day and stay warm.
The only major handicap in life is a bad attitude!
bluepinecones

Postby Redetotry » Thu Feb 19, 2015 12:14 pm

Sure hope it warms up in Florida for all of you, doesn't seem fair that you head south to get out of the cold and it follows you.

I took a picture of Mitzi all burrowed into the cushions on the couch, but as always she knew I had the camera and she peeped out at me.

In the hours time I spent on the computer after breakfast this morning, the water pipe to the kitchen sink froze. After a half hour of doing the hair dryer thing with no results, the plumber has been called.
Someone from a different company is coming to check the generator at noon so will ask to see if he has equipment that he could also work on the frozen pipe. I remembered to let the water drip after breakfast yesterday morning, but duh forgot today...
Redetotry
BJ
Redetotry

Postby Irmi » Thu Feb 19, 2015 12:36 pm

Good morning everyone!

Yes, it sounds like it's cold everywhere, even here in FL. But at least our daytime temperatures are staying well above freezing and the weekend should be really nice.

BJ, that's an adorable picture of Mitzi! I was just wondering, is that snow outside the glass doors? Frozen pipes are a pain in the rump and I hope it'll be a quick and inexpensive fix. We disconnected our hose from the campground spigot last night and filled the fresh water tank and used our water pump until the temperatures got above freezing and then will do the same thing later this evening.

Stay warm everyone!
Irmi

Postby Redetotry » Thu Feb 19, 2015 12:44 pm

Yes Irmi, that is snow outside the window but it really isn't that deep only about 7 inches. This is going to be an expensive day unless the guy coming to check our generator can also fix the frozen pipe so I can cancel the plumber. Mitzi says thank you and that she has to be cute cause she is sometimes naughty. It is around 11 out now and supposed to be 41 with rain on Sat. needless to say I'm pretty tired of winter!
Redetotry
BJ
Redetotry

Postby Oma » Thu Feb 19, 2015 1:02 pm

I usually check in at least twice a week, most of the time without signing in. I'm always interested in everyone's adventures and enjoy reading about the furry family members.

I don't usually post because I live a BORING life :D Work and home is about all. When home I work on downsizing so we can hit the road this year. Yay! Hopefully I'll have more fun things to write about then.

I am on Facebook because my job and our dutch oven hobby requires it. I also keep up with my family that way. I do post more there because I'm all ready signed in.

I'm so excited about meeting many of you in a week. Hopefully I'll have lots to post then :lol: :lol:

Freezing here in Florida,
Oma/Vicki 8-)
Oma

Postby Othersharon » Thu Feb 19, 2015 2:21 pm

Couldn't seem to get started this morning but thought I'd jump on here and commiserate with all of you....which seems to be lots of us...about the cold, frigid weather! It's minus something here driven down with this crazy wind. :( I am definatly suffering from a bad case of cabin fever! Just wish the dogs would answer me when I talk to them! I'm asking them to play with me instead of the other way around!

Was interested in reading yesterday's GM about the forum and FB. I have an account but don't post very often on it. I do it mostly to follow some friends and family. This forum has been such a wonderful link for me to the world of rving. Instead of still sitting here wondering if I can or should do it you ladies have shown me that it is possible and I can do it! I love following all of your journeys and have so enjoyed meeting some of you in person. And I have asked the questions and you all have been so good about answering and offering advise. Not to mention all the good information I've gleaned from the different posts. So I hope WRV stays around for a long time!

Sandi, I loved the pics of the beautiful trees! Ah, there may be light at the end of the tunnel! Spring will come! Just probably not very soon here!! Have a good day and I hope it warms up for the FL gtg! Be safe, everyone.
Othersharon

Return to Morning Coffee