Another Chilly Wednesday

Let's start our day with a good morning here.

Re: Another Chilly Wednesday

Postby OregonLuvr » Thu Feb 19, 2015 5:59 pm

I like both the Forum and Facebook. I like Beth's junk LOL FB is how I keep in contact with people I have met along the way. It is so much easier than an email like we used to have to do and then it fell by the wayside as you no longer see each other. Fellow nurses where I have worked, campers, etc. I don't post personal stuff on FB cause no one would really care LOL

karen
Karen

Emma Tibetan Spaniel
OregonLuvr

Postby linann » Thu Feb 19, 2015 9:58 pm

longdog2 wrote:I like both the forum and Facebook because they each have their own benefits. The forum is great because we can set up specific threads that are easy to follow. And some threads become like conversations between friends. It's also great to have a group where comments are limited to women. On the other hand, Facebook allows you to choose exactly who can see your posts. I think that newcomers and even those who have been on the forum for years tend to forget that ANYONE in the world can read whatever is posted on here. So when someone says they would say things on here that they would never say on Facebook, they need to really need to remember that. Newcomers tend to come in all excited and then drift off if they don't feel like they become part of the in group right away. And many women feel uncomfortable when friction hits the fan so posts drop off for a while. The same thing can happen on Facebook but there are so many more people and groups that you don't notice it as much. I guess it's all part of the cycle. One of the great things is that we can be part of both groups.

Enjoy the forum, but agree that members need to remember that it is visible to anyone. Concerned that some members are lax about posting information here about others. An example is a recent posting that had another member's full name in the Subject line. Continuing this forum is definitely a benefit to us all, but we should be more cautious with personal information, especially when it is not our own.
Linann
Live boldly one day at a time
linann

Postby Bethers » Thu Feb 19, 2015 10:13 pm

OregonLuvr wrote:I like both the Forum and Facebook. I like Beth's junk LOL FB is how I keep in contact with people I have met along the way. It is so much easier than an email like we used to have to do and then it fell by the wayside as you no longer see each other. Fellow nurses where I have worked, campers, etc. I don't post personal stuff on FB cause no one would really care LOL

karen

FB is a playground for me - I don't spend nearly the time on it people think - zip right along lol. But it does, like you, allow me to keep contact with lots at a time.

I take the forum more seriously.

And for most people, their settings are set correctly on FB to make the privacy any better - and/or they accept so many friend requests it negates it, also.

ANYWHERE on line, figure your information is out there. Anything you put out there, will show up somewhere. It's one reason if I am boondocking on my own I'll usually wait til I leave the location to say where I am. I don't really worry about it too much, but might as well be cautious to an extent.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby Colliemom » Fri Feb 20, 2015 7:26 am

I too love this forum. If it hadn't been for the encouragement I got on here, I might never have bought a TT and enjoyed the fun I have had over these past few years nor met some wonderful ladies through it.

I do agree though, that one needs to be careful what one posts as it is public record. Like when I head for a campground, I usually don't make a post of the dates etc. that I will be gone unless I know somebody is interested in meeting me and even then it's usually done through pm's.

I am on FB but seldom post and I too just skim through the posts on there as there is too much junk anymore. Basically the only reason I stay with FB now is due to it's chat availability. Gives me immediate contact with those whom I want to chat with, a few from the forum here especially Otherwise I would drop FB.

So hopefully this forum will keep going. I"m enjoying hearing what goes on in different parts of the country and in a way this forum has made this country seem not so small and we have learned that we all have the same problems no matter where we are. Sure we don't always talk RV stuff and I think a lot has to do with the seasons as well. This time of year I am home nad not doing much as are others who live in the north. And thoe who head south for winter are pretty much parked in same old and just doing day to day stuff.

I for one, will take this forum over FB anyday.
Sue and the Furry Crew
Colliemom

Postby Carolinagal » Fri Feb 20, 2015 8:29 am

it was mentioned that someone posted a persons full name, has anyone noticed that is done many times when you didn't write it, especially on FB. This upsets me. Like spell check on my IPad, it will end up saying something I never intended at all.

It is much safer on the forum, but the public can get in and read what we're saying. I think we all forget that at times. But as I have said, this forum has been a life saver at times for me and I would certainly miss keeping in touch with so many of you. FB is becoming a pain, have an acc only to keep up with many friends and family members, and its hard to find any of the info I'd like to read. I never filled any of the info they wanted in for FB, and keep bugging me for. Like where I live, they finally put I live in Daytona, that's great hahaha whatever. This forum, is safer, if we make sure we take care in how much info we say on it.

Have a great day all. I'm going to say hi on the correct morning thread now and bring it back to top !!!
CArol :)
Carolinagal

Postby bluepinecones » Fri Feb 20, 2015 12:07 pm

Another vote for keeping the forum going. It has been a real life saver for me at times and still provides most of what I consider to be "family". It has also introduced me to a whole new way of life that I love (except when cold). :lol:
The only major handicap in life is a bad attitude!
bluepinecones

Postby havingfunnow » Sat Feb 21, 2015 11:00 am

I love the forum!!

Facebook is great for keeping tabs on all the kids. When we happen to be online at the same time, I can grab them for a two-minute chat. You know -- the quick 'keep in touch' that is all they really have time to do.

The forum builds friendships. I feel amazingly close to some people I only know online here, and then there are people I've camped with . . . this is an amazing place.

Long live the forum!
Louise
Image and The William too!
havingfunnow

Previous

Return to Morning Coffee