Saturday Valentines

Let's start our day with a good morning here.

Saturday Valentines

Postby avalen » Sat Feb 14, 2015 7:46 am

Happy Valentines day to all my forum sisters
cleaning house this weekend and catching up on stuff I've ignored for about 3 weekends, so.....gonna be really busy.
Also have some minor stuff to get done, setting up my patio table, gotta find the doorknob drill bit so I can cut a hole
for the umbrella, also have weeds out front to do. Funny I didn't get a notice like the neighbor did thats moving out. :lol:
I usually just take the little weed spray to the front and in a few days they just wither away to nothing and disappear.
Easy peasy.
Ya'll enjoy your day, be safe, be healthy and I so hope you get some good weather.
Last edited by avalen on Sat Feb 14, 2015 9:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Somewhere with Ava and Maggie
avalen

Re: Saturday Valentines

Postby rvgrammy1953 » Sat Feb 14, 2015 8:26 am

Good morning, Ava, and all that follow...
Cold morning again in SE GA and the weatherman says it's to be chilly for the weekend...Well, as long as there's no rain, I can take the cold...at least the sun is shining... ;)

Spinner's leg is almost healed...For those who didn't know, he had a tumor removed from his left hind leg 3 weeks ago...it was negative on the pathology, but the "boy" didn't like the cone collar so we've been wrapping and changing bandage, keeping it covered until it heals...he'll soon be back to normal..

Not much to report from here....Life is good and we are all well....will be moving again next month to Ft. Stewart for a couple of months before heading North in May....

Okay, coffee is ready and will have another cup with some toast...
Happy Valentine's Day, all...
ImageImage
Lori, Ernie & Spinner
2012 Open Range Roamer 5er
2008 Toyota Tundra
http://grammyandpapaswildadventure.blogspot.com
rvgrammy1953

Postby grammynmaggie » Sat Feb 14, 2015 8:33 am

Good morning Ava, Lori and all....cool here also but wall to wall sunshine....there is a RV show at the Melbourne mall this weekend was going to go today .,but dad wants me to cook him some ribs ...so will go tomorrow...just to look... :) did laundry yesterday..and not much else...have been thinking about up coming trip to Hardee Lakes...getting very excited.. I really would like to get something accomplished today...I am feeling so much better...I need to be busy...made another blog post this morning if you are interested...better get busy with what ever...have a fun filled day and be safe...donna ;)
grammynmaggie

Postby Redetotry » Sat Feb 14, 2015 9:42 am

Happy Valentines Day All, Glad to hear from Lori and that Spinner's leg is almost healed.

Though I would share my Valentine that DH made for me. Mitzi on the drums is so appropriate, she is always loud!

Redetotry
BJ
Redetotry

Postby gingerK » Sat Feb 14, 2015 9:50 am

Good morning and Happy Valentine's Day,

Sun's out here but temps are going to fall today. Went out for breakfast with DH before he left to go to work. Now am at loose ends so guess I will have to clean this messy house <sigh>.

Still looking for my MH, missed out on one about an hour away, just didn't get around to calling in time and it got sold. Oh well, it will show up one day. There is one over in IN that I really like the layout of but I'm a bit hesitant when it listed that it has a new roof. That could be good or bad depending on how much it leaked and where and whether or not they fixed it not just the roof. Need to call and ask a few questions and talk to my mechanic about the engine and trans. Might be a road trip on my girls' weekend next week.

DH's pup had a huge accident yesterday; I had pee from one end of my house to the other and I can't believe how much there was! Looked like someone upended a Hinckley & Schmitt 5 gallon water bottle throughout my kitchen and laundry room. He peed from the front door to the back door and even down the stairs. What a mess! Took me more than an hour to get it all cleaned up and the carpets shampooed. Of course he went to the vet's yesterday to see if there was something wrong; as far as they could tell he has no infection. Still waiting on one lab test they had to send out. He's usually good about telling me he has to go out but yesterday he didn't let me know. All this happened at 7:30 a.m. and he'd been out at 5 a.m. his usual time. It's a real puzzle as he goes all night (and is loose in the house to boot!) without asking to go out and without a mess.

Take care,
Kathy

BJ that is one super cute Valentine!
Any day spent in the company of my animals is a good day.
gingerK

Postby Colliemom » Sat Feb 14, 2015 9:56 am

Happy Vaentine's Day to all,

BJ, what a wonderful Valentine from your DH. It's beautiful. Ava, how about coming over here and doing my house, when you get done. Won't have to do weeds here :)

Winter Weather Advisory followed by Wind Chill Warning here today, so will be inside looking out. Got about 4 inches of snow last night and it's going to stay right there in my drive. Not going out. Will play with Molly and work on puzzle, plus few other things. Like those on the east coast, good day for hot cocoa. Good day for lemonade on the West coast though :lol:

Lori, glad Spinner is doing better. Was wondering how the three of you were doing. Glad to see you post.

Miss Molly is wanting attention, so guess she wants some mom time. You all have a nice day :)
Sue and the Furry Crew
Colliemom

Postby Oma » Sat Feb 14, 2015 10:27 am

Wish there was a like button for BJ's card. Very cute!
Oma

Postby SoCalGalcas » Sat Feb 14, 2015 11:05 am

Good Morning All, BJ, loved that Valentine card!!! Happy to hear that Spinners leg is healing. Oh Kathy, what a mess...hope nothing serious is wrong.

Big day ahead in San Diego...looks like my GreatGrandSon will be born today!!! Much excitement around here.

We are having a heat wave too!!!

lyn

Limits exist only in the souls of those who do not dream./Desktop/IMG_0228.jpg
SoCalGalcas

Postby bluepinecones » Sat Feb 14, 2015 11:07 am

Good morning
Love your card, BJ. Caught up on your blog, Donna. Looking forward to exploring your new finds if I can get over to Melbourn after the gtg.
Beautiful blue sky and lots of sunshine but sure was cold last night (hard freeze) and only heading to about 50 today.
Liz found a little roadside produce stand for us and I've been enjoying honey belle oranges and some of the best tomatoes I've had since last summer. Some great strawberries too - vender said he'd picked them up in Plant City shortly after daylight yesterday. Love being able to get fresh FL produce.
Got older niece to check on house for me after Wed. night explosions resulted in broken windows and some other damage around south end of town.
http://whnt.com/2015/02/11/mysterious-boom-shakes-huntsville-area/. This registered like earthquake on seismograph and was heard up to 100 miles away.
No broken windows at house but several things fell off shelves without breaking. I'm actually more concerned about ground motion getting some old water pipes/sewer lines and foundation as I live on hill honeycombed with limestone caves. I did have a few items break at one of the antique malls but nothing terribly expensive.
Need to do some more thinking about whether or not I really want to change Rvs. Didn't find anything of interest at Ocala RV show but still thinking about one I saw at dealer.
Have a good day.
The only major handicap in life is a bad attitude!
bluepinecones

Postby Carolinagal » Sat Feb 14, 2015 11:11 am

Happy Valentine's Everyone !!! BJ, love the card and special made, makes it super nice. Cold but sun is out nice here. Maggie and I, haven't been out much yet. Wind is blowing good, guy next to me has two flags flying and they are really out there.

Hope you all have a wonderful day, whatever you do or don't do, just enjoy !!!!

Stay safe and warm or cool out southwest there, :roll:

CArol :)
Carolinagal

Postby dayspring39 » Sat Feb 14, 2015 11:35 am

Good Morning and Happy Valentines day to everyone... yes we are bracing for a very cold night here -2 and windchill will be awful... only teens tomorrow... we have reached our high for the day here...
So nice to see so many posts... BJ your husband did you up nicely... so pretty! Oh Kathy something must be wrong with the pup... if it was a normal accident it would be in one place...
Weeds are the last thing on my mind...
Have a great day everyone...
Kathleen or Kathy

Use today wisely it's all you have; yesterday is a memory; tomorrow a dream... KLW[/b][/color]
dayspring39

Postby Bethers » Sat Feb 14, 2015 12:30 pm

BJ, your husband does some wonderful cards - love when you share them.

Happy V Day everyone.

Sarah, I'm so glad to hear that the house is standing, windows and all. When I messaged you, I'd heard about it from a couple of my Alabama friends - first one told me right after it happened, before she knew what it was - and she was in Guntersville - heard and felt it.

Weeds, weeds? There are reasons I live this lifestyle lol ...

Sure hope those of you in the bitter cold can get warm sometime soon. Meantime, a nice fire and hot chocolate, and looking outside without going out, if you can?
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby MelissaD » Sat Feb 14, 2015 1:19 pm

Awesome card :P

RV Roof's is designed to last 10 years with proper maintenance, just like you have to reroof a home. Depending upon the age of the RV it's might just have been time. But I suspect most people pay the roof little attention until there is an issue.

Well the GB crawled in bed and wished me happy Valentine's Day. Since she's 4 I asked her what Valentine's Day means and she replied it means we get to share chocolate. :lol: Sounds good to me.

Well blowing snow has us under an advisory and I just saw reports of a 20 car pile up on I-69 just north of us. Sounds like a good excuse to stay home :lol:
MelissaD

Postby judi » Sat Feb 14, 2015 2:21 pm

Lyn, congratulations on the new baby! How very exciting - the circle of life. Babies are wonderful.

Another day without rain here. But Mt Hood is in desperate need of snow. I'm heading over to Beverly Beach State Park on the Oregon coast on Monday, where I'll spend 5 days. I've been helping my daughter as she recovers from the C-section - mainly taking care of her two-and-a-half year old. Baby is now 3 weeks old so my daughter feels great and wants to try to handle everything by herself. Her husband thinks it's too soon and he promised to call me if she is getting too tired. Frankly, I'm looking forward to some alone time and the beautiful beach where Koka can run wild.

Happy Valentine's Day everyone! Every year I promise myself that the next year I will have a special man to celebrate with, but so far he hasn't appeared. Although I was married for 28 years, he turned out to not be my "special" person. So, maybe I had better just give up. I'm quite happy by myself, but once in a while I think it might be nice.......then I see a couple in a coffee shop, they look like they have been together for many years, and they are not having any conversation. The man usually picks up the sports page of the newspaper, and the woman sits with a blank look in her eyes. So for all of you who have a true special someone, celebrate the day. For the rest of us, we can be each other's valentines.
Judi
Portland, Oregon
perpetualmotionrv.blogspot.com

'You have brains in your head,
you have feet in your shoes,
you can steer yourself
any direction you choose." Dr Seuss
judi

Postby Redetotry » Sat Feb 14, 2015 4:11 pm

Judi, one of my girlfriends who lives in Indiana called me this morning and said she was in WA State. She has been on a dating site called Our Time for several months and has been having a wonderful time. I think she finally met MR Right a couple of weeks ago and went out to meet him. She has decided to stay a month and they sound so happy, I have smiled all day! I just hope it continues to go well for them, it sounds like they had spent a lot of time talking and getting to know each other before she went. I know what you mean about being able to recognize married couples in restaurants, it does get to where there isn't a lot of conversation, but have you noticed the younger people aren't talking either, they are on their phones :shock: I used to think the dating sites were not safe but then I think of how years ago used we mostly met men in bars and knew little about them before dating. I guess times change.
Redetotry
BJ
Redetotry

Return to Morning Coffee