Friday, the 13th

Let's start our day with a good morning here.

Friday, the 13th

Postby Colliemom » Fri Feb 13, 2015 7:08 am

Morning all,

Just noticed on the calendar that today is Friday, the 13th. Hope none of your a superstitious and nobody has bad luck today.

Balmy -10 here this morning, but will climb into the teens later on and snow expected. Winter Weather Advisory out for later today. As if we need to be told we are going to have winter weather I doubt any other type of weather is possible at these temps :lol: After all, this is mid February in northern Michigan. Had a beautiful day yesterday although it was chilly. Actually got a bit warmer than predicted. I hauled out the snowblower and cleaned my drive and my neighbors and enjoyed the warm sunshine. Ran a couple of errands in town and that was about it. But took the whole day. Did work on my puzzle for a bit.

See you folks on east coast are in for another blizzard again. Hang tough. This too shall pass and it will all melt. Maybe need to talk to those folks up in Michigan's Keweenaw Peninsula on how to deal with all the snow as they can get 300 inches up there in winter. Like the saying goes "when the going gets tough, the tough get going".

KInda thinking of going west this summer. Do want to see Yellowstone and Grand Tetons, plus Black Hills and Mt. Rushmore etc. Was going to go last year, but Sassy was not up to that kind of traveling anymore, so stayed close to home. Now a a new traveling companion who can very well take on that stuff.

Excitement building for the FL GTG. Won't be long.

Enough jabbering here, wishing you all a nice day, keep warm in the cold out there, have fun if you are out and about with others. Enjoy the day no matter what you are doing.
Sue and the Furry Crew
Colliemom

Re: Friday, the 13th

Postby grammynmaggie » Fri Feb 13, 2015 7:41 am

Good morning Sue and all...not superstitious here so just another day...and beautiful sun shine but a little cool...43 but I really don't mind....got my awning bracket fix the other day...good price also...about $100 cheaper than other places wanted..this dealer only charges labor on the time it took...not the $125 +per hr. that most here charge with a min. of one hr. even if only took 15 min. ...and that is how long it took replace it...went to Wickham yesterday with the rig...just walked around and enjoyed the beautiful day...did see MM for a short time...not sure what I will do today...sometime I want to go up to Merritt Island area there are a bunch of little parks along the intercostal waterway I would like to check out.. I have made a few blog posts on both my blogs the last couple days...one is about a Manatee experience I had ...take a look ...well better do something here...so have fun day and be safe...donna ;)
grammynmaggie

Postby carolb » Fri Feb 13, 2015 8:15 am

G'morning Sue, Donna and all to follow:)

Must tell y'all that yesterday was a much better day for Anita, Leroy and I--especially since I got a ride in the SlingShot!! Wow, Anita is going to have soooooo much fun with that :)

So cold back east again! Sue, I hope you get to take your trip west this summer. You deserve it after shoveling so much snow all winter...Donna, you'll be going to the FL gtg? It'll surely be a great time.

A n L are taking their RZR ride today, so I'll go into town and spend some time at the dog park at the London Bridge. We were there the other day, and also found a small stretch of beach that was absolutely deserted. Watched the sail boats on the lake, made me think of sailing with my bro--but dang, minus 6 ° back home this a.m.!

Rambling...y'all have a great day, and be safe always wherever you are :)
carolb

Postby dayspring39 » Fri Feb 13, 2015 10:00 am

Good Morning everyone... coffee is soooo good on a cold morning but not like where Sue is... will fix you a cup of tea Sue to keep you warm...
My new keyboard came yesterday... it is so nice to be able to see what I am typing... it is not back lit but has white keys so much better than the black ones I had on the replacement I got last year...
Carolb sounds like you are having a great winter... Donna your temp is cold for Fl... know it goes to the bone down there... I lived in FL for 8 1/2 years and it was so surprising how our bodies change and what was once warm to us is now so cold...
Thinking about canceling the appointment for injections... I seem to have some relief at times... not the bad pain... need to give Dr a call and get their opinion...
Have a great day everyone...
Kathleen or Kathy

Use today wisely it's all you have; yesterday is a memory; tomorrow a dream... KLW[/b][/color]
dayspring39

Postby Othersharon » Fri Feb 13, 2015 10:34 am

Good morning all. A very cold day here again, beginning of more to come "they" say! Even saw on the national news last night about a bad chain of accidents on I-80 yesterday near here. White out squalls apparently caused it. At least there were no really bad injuries. Carol, you finally got to ride on Anita's SS! What fun! Hope you got some pictures! Donna, bet you're really glad not to be here in PA right now! 43 sounds really warm to me! Glad you got the awning fixed and saved some money too! Sue, sounds like a good trip for you and your pup this summer. Whenever we get summer! I know it's coming! Spent the day cleaning yesterday, got the downstairs done and today is upstairs day! I know spring is coming cause my one dog is starting to shed black hair all over the place! I hate to take him to the groomer yet to get some of it cut off cause I think he may still need some of the heavier coat! So I'll just keep vacuuming it for now. It's not that I haven' t gone through this before! Dinner tonight with son and family. I've had to pass on the last couple of invites because off the weather. Tonight is supposed to be really cold but looks like the roads should be okay. Okay, 'nuff rambling for me. Time to quit procrastinating and need to get busy. Have a great day, everyone.
Othersharon

Postby Carolinagal » Fri Feb 13, 2015 11:10 am

Morning is getting close to noon here, just wanted to wish all a good day. Coolish here, but Maggie and I, were not out in it long. Ran house heater for short time first thing this morning. Elec heater does well most of the time, but just crawling out of bed, need that little extra :lol: okay, so I'm a wimp, hey, its ok, right ??? :lol: :lol:

Have spent most of the morning catching up on FB and the forum. Also a nice chat with Sue up in really cold place. She laughs at me saying its cold here :lol: :lol: that's fine, cause I'd do the same if it was reversed I'm sure. :roll: :D

We wore ourselves out at the RV show yesterday, walking all over and not as many MH in size I like to see, so many tt's and 5th wheels. Looked in some and they are making them soooo nice. Not many vendors though to look at all the possible things we might need. Disappointed !!! A great day, but boy was I tired, think rest were too, but I walked more and on my feet longer then I have been in ages and my back was screaming. Hadn't set only to eat and was not enough for ole body that I have let go.

No real news here, just hoping you all stay healthy, warm and safe, and most of all just enjoy your day !!!

CArol :)
Carolinagal

Postby MelissaD » Fri Feb 13, 2015 1:27 pm

Several years ago when I was driving OTR (Over the Road) I woke on Friday the 13th in New Orleans. My breakfast check came out to $6.66 and when I returned to my truck it was leaking coolant. Called my boss and told her I needed to take a nap and start the day over :lol:

Wishing everyone a great day.
MelissaD

Postby JudyJB » Fri Feb 13, 2015 2:01 pm

Beautiful day here in Florida. Sunny, but with a cool breeze, which is exactly what I like.

Ran a couple of errands and then took my rental car back, sob! I am going to miss it, but I can use my bike for any remaining things. My right thumb is a little better, but I know it takes time for the cortisone shot I got to work, so I will try to be patient. At least I no longer have the shooting pain when I bump it or try to do something it does not like.

Got some shorts and a couple of tops at Florida Bealls. They have the new summer stuff out, so I am replacing some of the stuff I have worn almost out wearing and washing them every week year round. One thing I really like about the t-shirts I got is that they are longer. I am really tired of cotton knit stuff that shrinks lengthwise and then stretches widthwise. I am constantly taking them out of the dryer wet and stretching them back to shape and hanging them up to dry. I like all-cotton, but the new ones have some polyester in them, which means better washing and not so much shrinking.

Hope everyone has fairly good weather today!
JudyJB
http://grandmajjb.blogspot.com/
https://2022humongousukadventure.blogspot.com/
"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts." Mark Twain.
JudyJB

Location: In various COE and state parks in Florida for winter.

Postby Acadianmom » Fri Feb 13, 2015 4:34 pm

I don't think Harold has realized it's Friday the 13th yet. He's usually worried. :lol: I had to bring Annie Boo to the vet for her annual shots. She is such a sweet cat but so scared. I stopped for gas and it's going back up. Last week I paid $1.68 at Sam's and today it's $2.05 at Valero and Walmart.

Judy, I hate most of the clothes that are in the stores now. The shirts and blouses are made out of such thin material. I like polo type shirts and they are hard to find now.

The other day I bought my Valentine, Birthday and Christmas present, a Roomba vacuum. The reviews for them are mixed, people either love or hate them. I have a friend that loves her's so I decided to try one. Anything that works and I don't have to is good by me. 8-) It kind of careens around like a drunk but eventually covers everything except corners. Yesterday I had to empty the bin 3 times and today 2 times. It really picks up the cat hair.

Last night it was suppose to get down to 32 but was only 38. Our temperatures are like a roller coaster. It's warming up again and another cool front is coming through on Sunday. They keep talking about it being in the 20's next week. I sure hope they are wrong about that.

Martha
Martha
2010 Coach House
Acadianmom

Postby Irmi » Fri Feb 13, 2015 5:34 pm

Hi everyone!

Martha, I'm very paranoid when it comes to Friday the 13th, and we had a few errands to take care of today, but we're home and settled in for the evening. We went to the RV show yesterday and ran into Liz, but never saw CArol or Nan. Lots of neat things out there but have to admit, I didn't find anything that caught my fancy. I found it last year. We're going again tomorrow, but only because my sister and her hubby from Daytona Beach, want to meet us there. Not sure if they're thinking along these lines, but they also went to the show in Daytona, at the racetrack. So who knows!

It's been chilly here, but at least the sun is shining and it's so much warmer than being at our home in MD. Life is good.
Irmi

Postby BarbaraRose » Fri Feb 13, 2015 8:05 pm

Today is my mom's birthday. She would have been 91 today. I sure miss her!

Had the day off today. I had thought of going to the RV & Camping Show today, but decided I had way too much to do at home instead.

Did 4 large loads of laundry (why don't I do that every week so it doesn't get so bad?? :roll: ). I got my new small recliners put together (they are very nice and comfortable!), and rearranged my living room, got rid of some big empty boxes, put the extra ferret cages away that were still sitting out taking up space, and ordered cable TV service. The internet service I had, doubled their fee this month, so decided to switch to another provider and got cable and phone, too, for just $15 more. Will get that hooked up on Monday. Haven't had cable TV for 2 years. I miss some of my favorite channels (TLC, HGTV, Food Network, Animal Planet, etc). I also got the Golf Channel free for 3 months.

My studio apartment is finally getting worked on! Yay! Hopefully, it will get done pretty quickly now so I can be in by spring.

Got another credit card paid off yesterday! Yay! Now just 2 left and my car loan. Once I move to the studio, I will save another $100 per month in rent and will be paying out $250 less per month overall with the 4 cards paid off, so can use that to put towards the other credit cards and car loan and get them way down. I want to get my car loan down so I am no longer upside down on it, and can look into maybe trading it in next fall.

Was fairly warm today (27*) but tomorrow will only be 3* above for a high, with windchills near -30* below! :shock: Not ready for that! We have been spoiled here this year. I feel for those out east! They are getting a much worse winter than we usually get here! Can't imagine how they are dealing with all that snow, and now the bitter cold on top of it!

Hope you all had a fun day! :D
Barbie, Romeow, and Sophie, missing Lola! (and lots of ferrets running around in my heart!)

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"
-Anatole France
BarbaraRose

Postby BarbaraRose » Fri Feb 13, 2015 9:05 pm

Martha, let us know if one of your cats decides to ride the Roomba! There are several videos on Youtube of cats doing that! It is a riot! :lol:
Barbie, Romeow, and Sophie, missing Lola! (and lots of ferrets running around in my heart!)

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"
-Anatole France
BarbaraRose

Postby Acadianmom » Fri Feb 13, 2015 9:43 pm

We are all still following the vacuum around watching it but I don't think any of the cats will ride on it. :lol: The on/off button is in the middle on top so don't know how they ride on it without turning it off.

Martha
Martha
2010 Coach House
Acadianmom

Postby snowball » Sat Feb 14, 2015 12:46 am

don't usually come to morning coffee simply because I don't get on the internet till evening...but the other day
did some lurking thought I'd add in my two cents worth... :lol: can't kick about the weather here right now am visiting
my sister in Vegas...nice and warm then evening comes need a bit more but nothing we can't handle...think Mother Nature is
limited on the amount of snow that she lets down in a given year this year the East is getting it cause it's sure not happening
here in the West...saw some pictures taken in Jackson Wy and the snow is pretty much melted guess I could head home any time NOT!!!! :lol:
Martha let us know how that Rumba does for you I'd like a new vacuum don't like mine never have so been pondering the Shark Navigator... a person that cleaned homes for a business told me she like that one the best for pet hair removal...and Shadow is shedding time to go to the
groomer....I had a trigger finger when I was working had the cortisone shots guess they helped it quit haven't any problem with it
but when I look at my thumb and compare it with the other they look different not sure why or what caused it...have (from the description
and remembering back to that one ) another trigger finger but it hurts more sometimes can't clinch my hand closed like most of the time...but then I look at my thumb and wonder sometime I'm going to have to give in and take me to the doctor...been a laid back day need those every once in awhile...
sheila
snowball

Postby Acadianmom » Sat Feb 14, 2015 1:32 am

Sheila, I don't think this vacuum would be good in a trailer or motorhome. It just goes in a straight line until it hits something and then turns and goes in a different direction. There would be a lot of places it couldn't get to and you would still need another kind of vacuum.

Martha
Martha
2010 Coach House
Acadianmom

Next

Return to Morning Coffee