Chilly Monday Mornng

Let's start our day with a good morning here.

Chilly Monday Mornng

Postby Colliemom » Mon Feb 09, 2015 7:31 am

Morning all,

Chilly 5 above here this morning but forecast is calling for sunshine, so that will be nice. Can't get out from under these below normal temps again this winter it seems. So looking forward to spring right now. Call it the winter doldrums I guess. 4t533333333 (Molly says Good Morning too :lol: ) Was so nice seeing so many posts on Coffee yesterday. Been missing a lot of our regulars and new folks out there.

ATll the talk lately about RV shows, Retirements and plans to travel, looking at new or used rigs etc. has gotten me wising I cuold afford to sell my current C
CT And get a little bigger one. But when doesn.t have the moola and one is on retirement income, one must toe the line. Oh well, fun to look and dream anyway. Will probably go to the little RV show over in Traverse City next month just for fun. But with spring heading this way eventually, I'm getting antsy to get on the road again.

See by the weather that both sides of the country are getting hit with some rough weather. PNW too much rain and NE, too much snow Hope all of you who live in those areas are hanging in there, managing to keep up wit hit and not having any problems per say.

Ava, I agree with the others, I think you have had enough body ouches for awhile too. Hopefully you are done for the year now. Anita, same thing. Seems you've had your share of "repairs" of late too. Must be the year for them or something gas I have a friend who has had a few things of hers breakdown this winter so far, a neighbor who had to get a new washer and now a new fridge and I in need of a new washer and would like to replace my HW tank as well. In the house not the TT.

Looks like a trip to town for some shopping this morning. No breakfast fixings around here this morning either. Just made the last egand what was left of bacon for breakfast. Molly needs dog food and all that good stuff. So well be heading out later on. Spent most of yesterday after I got home from church working on my puzzle. Its coming along sure but sure.

Well, time to quit chattering about nothing here. You have a nice day everybody.
Sue and the Furry Crew
Colliemom

Re: Chilly Monday Mornng

Postby avalen » Mon Feb 09, 2015 7:34 am

Oh crap, its Monday, where did the weekend go, I need to retire!
Somewhere with Ava and Maggie
avalen

Postby IrishIroamed » Mon Feb 09, 2015 7:41 am

avalen wrote:Oh crap, its Monday, where did the weekend go, I need to retire!

I second that!!!!

Mornin' ladies ~~~already at work but just a quick howdy do. Have a good day everyone.
Cheryl
Today me will live in the moment unless it's unpleasant in which case me will eat a cookie ~~~Cookie Monster

IrishIroamed

Postby bluepinecones » Mon Feb 09, 2015 8:14 am

Good Morning
We had a beautiful weather weekend in north FL. Actually got warm enough yesterday for me to shed my long johns for a few hours. Turning cold again in a few days but nice while it lasts.
Liz & Tina introduced two more ladies - Irmi & Joslyn to kayaking Sunday. I rode to Silver River with them, no kayaking for me but I enjoyed the park and sunshine while they were on the river. Didn't have my camera, missed great opportunity for butt shots as they launched.
Having generator looked at today. Sure hoping it is something simple and inexpensive to fix. Might have to do a little cleaning in here too.
Have a great day
The only major handicap in life is a bad attitude!
bluepinecones

Postby Irmi » Mon Feb 09, 2015 8:29 am

Good morning ladies!

Sue, I hope you'll be seeing more spring like temperatures real soon. That way you and Molly will be spending lots more time outside! Ava & Cheryl, have a good day at work. Sarah, I hope the generator repair is a quick and easy fix, too.

I talked to Carolb yesterday and she's enjoying her time in the desert, spending time with Ava, Anita and others in the area. We've had our share of things fixed, repaired this year, too, and it's still not all done. We're still waiting on quotes to have two shades replaced, but am wondering if maybe they can be restrung. I've replaced one lens for a ceiling fixture and have two more on order, and have replaced the round G lamps over the bathroom vanity. Have also replaced four fluorescent lamps for the ceiling fixtures. Now the engine doesn't start and the booster button isn't helping either. So we need to get that checked and are keeping our fingers crossed that maybe only the batteries need to be replaced. Jumping from another vehicle hasn't helped. The Ocala RV show is this week, starting Thursday, so it'll be fun to go there and see what's new. We've had lunch and kayaked with the ladies in the area, so things have been hopping here. It's going to cool down later in the week, but it's still warmer than being back in MD. Have a great day everyone!
Irmi

Postby dayspring39 » Mon Feb 09, 2015 9:30 am

Good Morning... chill down here in Normal also... not much sleep last night... my eyes will most likely close while I am in my recliner today!
Irmi my friend Molly has restrung her blinds she said it took time but cheaper than buying another... no matter what there are always repairs to do... stick n brick or homes on wheels... nice to know there were several kayakers on Silver River such a nice place...
Take care everyone...
Kathleen or Kathy

Use today wisely it's all you have; yesterday is a memory; tomorrow a dream... KLW[/b][/color]
dayspring39

Postby carolb » Mon Feb 09, 2015 9:48 am

G'morning all :)

So Irmi, how was the kayaking? I know you & I are good at "yakking," just wondering about the "'ka" part :lol: Great to see all those smiling faces at your lunch gtg! Glad to hear there's some warmth finally for those of you who have been in the "ice age" ;) Good to see you Pat & Catherine. Kathy, I didn't see any follow-up on Buddy--he was sick? Hope he's doing better...Cheryl, I loved going to Starved Rock when I lived in IL!

Anita, glad you're back--get that SS fixed so I can have a ride! I'm in Mesa now, but will be back at Q, maybe even meet up with you in Salome. ...Had a great time hanging out Ava the other day/night! Well, maybe I slept in a little the other morning, but Ava is a much earlier person than I am! Yep, so early, that she was ready to go drive her school bus on Sunday morning ;) :lol:

Well, I've been trying to keep up with reading MC--guess that makes me a "lurker" since I haven't taken time to post much. But I do enjoy following all of you, whether you're traveling or doing your daily routines at home. Hope y'all have a great day, & be safe always 8-)
carolb

Postby gingerK » Mon Feb 09, 2015 10:01 am

Brrrrrrr! Chilly morning up here by me and Cheryl too!

Got a text from an owner, said she got stuck in MI from an ice storm and her pups are with her so they don't have to get walked today! Boy that would be a heckofa walk from here to MI and back! LOL

Not things breaking here unless you count the water softener hoses which should have been replaced ages ago and are now leaking each time it cycles. But I am concerned about my puppers--yesterday Molly seemed unable to settle anywhere for most of the day, I fear it's the onset of doggy dementia. Her hearing is also getting worse and her eyes are quite cloudy. She just passed her 11th birthday so I know she's on the downhill slide but still...and Buddy seems to be having some issues too, he drools quite a bit lately. I suspect with his mast cells that he now has an ulcer so I give him Pepcid (per vet's orders) and it does seem to help him stop the drooling. He was just at the vet's last week because he had an episode that looked suspiciously like a seizure but they couldn't find anything wrong with him.

Looking forward to a girls' weekend with Carrie on the 21/22 of this month. We'll probably go see a movie or something. Looking forward to spring/summer camping is nice but I want something fun I can do right NOW.

Take care all,
Kathy
Any day spent in the company of my animals is a good day.
gingerK

Postby SoCalGalcas » Mon Feb 09, 2015 10:06 am

Good Morning All, We have had beautiful weather here too! Spent some time over at the daughters yesterday. She and her boys have fixed up her back yard to the point it is beginning to look like a resort! Very pleasant to sit out there.
We are all waiting for the next baby...due date is Feb 21, but the mother is so hugh right now she is hoping for an early arrival.
Bird watching is a fun hobby! I had 502 species when I slowed down from the adventures. Of course a month in Beleze helped with the count!
I loved the book "Life List". The story of the woman who had more species than anyone. And, of course, "The Year of the Birds". The movie was not as good as the book.
Take care and have a good day. lyn

Limits exist only in the souls of those who do not dream./Desktop/IMG_0228.jpg
SoCalGalcas

Postby Redetotry » Mon Feb 09, 2015 10:53 am

Good Morning, We were spoiled with a wonderfully warm weekend, almost 70!! Of course now it will get cold again but must remember it is February. I'm with you Kathy I want something fun to do right now! I get tired of entertaining the dogs although Mitzi is doing her best to keep me entertained this morning. She plays more than any dog I've ever owned. Thankfully she doesn't mind playing alone. I love to watch her play ball. I noticed a lot of buds on the trees and flowers popping through the ground yesterday another teaser of spring.
Kathy sorry about your puppers, I hope they can find something to help with both of their problems. (((HUGS)))
Later than I thought, started this awhile ago and got distracted. Time to get ready for yoga.
Redetotry
BJ
Redetotry

Postby chalet05 » Mon Feb 09, 2015 11:15 am

Good Morning,

So nice to see so many posts!

Irmi, there are directions on the Internet for restringing - I hear it is a chore but doable. I replaced one small blind with a good ole roller shade! Always sorry when pups are having problems. :( Hard on their human mamas! Sarah, sorry you missed the butt shots! :lol:

Just called and got a Wednesday appointment for the Slingshot! Woohoo!!! Now must get my rear in gear as LeRoy is coming to Q to fix the wiring and help with the first loading on the trailer and tie downs!! Carolb, we'll be riding soon!! Sheila wants a ride but will be later as she is going to be gone.

Have a good day all - including Cheryl and Ava who are unhappy it is Monday! :lol:
Anita
chalet05

Postby OregonLuvr » Mon Feb 09, 2015 11:52 am

I am SO done with those damn things. I have had mine restrung several times....I am going with the MCD blinds. Pricey but they are the way to go for me.

karen
Karen

Emma Tibetan Spaniel
OregonLuvr

Postby Irmi » Mon Feb 09, 2015 12:10 pm

Karen, what are the MCD blinds? We have the day/night shades, but the largest one we have, is the one we're having problems with, of course.
Irmi

Postby OregonLuvr » Mon Feb 09, 2015 12:41 pm

This is their website. Liz just got these installed in her RV too. They are not cheap but they last a lot longer!!!

http://mcdinnovations.com/
Karen

Emma Tibetan Spaniel
OregonLuvr

Postby JudyJB » Mon Feb 09, 2015 1:41 pm

I lost my post from earlier. So here goes again....

Sorry, northerners, but it is downright warm here in Jupiter! Supposed to rain later, but right now is 77 and mostly sunny. Love to see so many people walking around, but it really is crowded this time of year with snowbirds. Course I guess that is what I am, too.

I originally wrote as I was sitting on a boardwalk bench overlooking the inland river at the Nature Conservancy Blowing Rocks facility. There were two lizards, one tiny and one larger with a really long tail, that were trying to decide if I was a safe person. They would peek out from behind the boardwalk railing and then duck bak, peek again, go a little farther, and then hide again. Pretty funny!

Hope it warms up for all of you in chilly places. So glad I am retired, or at least mostly retired. After my lunch I am headed out to get some more freshly squeezed OJ. And do I still lone full-timing??? Guess! 8-)
JudyJB
http://grandmajjb.blogspot.com/
https://2022humongousukadventure.blogspot.com/
"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts." Mark Twain.
JudyJB

Location: In various COE and state parks in Florida for winter.

Return to Morning Coffee