Saturday, Feb. 7th

Let's start our day with a good morning here.

Saturday, Feb. 7th

Postby Colliemom » Sat Feb 07, 2015 8:18 am

Good Morning all,

Yes CArol, it's beginning to look like Molly has taken it upon herself to make sure coffee is started each morning :lol: Glad to hear you are getting that rit all set to roll this summer. I'm sure you are going to be hard to hold down for long, :lol: You are getting me thinking of heading west too.

Anita, sorry to hear about trailer lights. Seems like you've been jinxed with problems related to that SS. Hopefully no more and you can get out and enjoy it. Sarah and Kathy, hope your allergies stay under control. Kathleen, hope your snow melts so you can get some steps in.

Bit of snow here last night, so will go clean it up later. Not much, maybe inch. Should clean house too, but wil see if that gets off the ground today or not. As you can see things are very exciting around here. Same ol, same ol.

Have a ny e day all :)
Sue and the Furry Crew
Colliemom

Re: Saturday, Feb. 7th

Postby IrishIroamed » Sat Feb 07, 2015 9:37 am

Mornin' Sue and all that follow ~~~
Not a lot going on here today, working from home right now and while a job is running thought I'd say "Hi!".

Been meaning to pass this along for the walking ladies trying to get their steps in...A dog blog I read mentioned the IdiataWalk so I had to look it up. Might be a good motivator to get steps in, in goes in sync with the Iditarod. I think the walking minutes equals to the Iditarod miles. http://www.idita-walk.com/idw/Index.asp

Weather will be in the mid-40's for this weekend. Yippee! the washboard streets from the storm last Sunday may finally melt back down to the pavements (like I said not a lot going on).

Have good day everyone and if you're on the road stay safe.
Cheryl
Today me will live in the moment unless it's unpleasant in which case me will eat a cookie ~~~Cookie Monster

IrishIroamed

Postby dayspring39 » Sat Feb 07, 2015 10:10 am

Good Morning Sue and Cheryl and everyone else waiting for spring!
Had oatmeal and blueberries and coffee... hope to see what outside looks like later... yes Cheryl lets cheer for melting snow!!
Finally found a keyboard that I think I like... mine went south last year got a new cheap one and it has black keys... not good for me... so have a nice white one on its way!! also ordered a replacement shovel for inside the car... maybe it will be ok to get the snow off my walk and deck too... hope so...
Cheryl the Iditarod race is so interesting... think the walking idea is also a good one... if you get real bored you can come here and watch the snow melt! would love to have company! pick up Kathy along the way!!!
Have a great day and smile smile smile...
Kathleen or Kathy

Use today wisely it's all you have; yesterday is a memory; tomorrow a dream... KLW[/b][/color]
dayspring39

Postby gingerK » Sat Feb 07, 2015 10:18 am

Good morning all you ladies!

Bright and shiny here, sun's out and temps are climbing! Need to go to bank and grocery stores this morning, then not much planned for this afternoon. My cousin has a standing invite for her kids to come slide down my neat little hill on sleds so I may give her a jingle--perfect day for it today.

Could not go to sleep last night til way after midnight, don't know why I do this and it's pretty often. Tomorrow will be a real drag because of it, I know.

Found another MH to go look at just need to try to set up an appointment. Since Carrie's boyfriend lives out in that area, maybe I will ask him if he'd go give it the once over for me before I drive out.

A visit with you sounds like a fun idea, Kathleen! I'll have to talk to Cheryl and see when we can get there.

That's all for now,
Kathy
Any day spent in the company of my animals is a good day.
gingerK

Postby dpf » Sat Feb 07, 2015 10:37 am

Morning! Time for my bi-monthly post. Nothing too exciting going on around here. Had about 8 inches of snow last weekend but we managed to live through it. It was up to 50 yesterday and is supposed to hit that again today so the streets are clearing and it doesn’t look like I’m going to have to go out and chop ice on the driveway. Didn’t have time to do it all week so am glad that Mother Nature decided to clean up her own mess.

I had to attend annual training at work this week. All I could think about during the whole boring process was “THIS IS THE LAST TIME I HAVE TO SIT THROUGH THIS!” We have watched the same video on meerkats and safety every year…it has a good message but it gets a little old. :roll: I had to miss the last day because DH’s uncle died this week and the funeral was yesterday. So I have to go to PPT next Friday with some of the officers. No doubt I will come home black and blue and terribly sore because those of us who don’t wear uniforms usually end up being the “victim” during practice. The last time I was cuffed by one of the more zealous officers I had marks around my wrists for a week. Wish I would have had the chance to have him for a partner when we were practicing the knee kicks….”Oh I’m sorry you didn’t have the protective gear in place” HA! :twisted: Yes I have a wicked side.

Not much planned for the weekend. We’ll have Bronc for a while tonight so that will be fun. Radar won’t think so. She likes him but he’s getting so mobile that when she’s had enough of him she can’t hide as easily! But she does love the fallout from the high chair.

Well laundry is staring me in the face and I suppose I’d better get the floor cleaned up some so the rug rat doesn’t choke on dog hair! :oops:
My mind works like lightning...one brilliant flash and it's gone.
dpf

Postby judi » Sat Feb 07, 2015 1:36 pm

Rats! I'm out of coffee! Looks like I will have to make a stop at the market on the way to my daughter's today. I might as well get stuff to make dinner - I think risotto sounds good on a rainy day. And I might make a gluten free cake. I always feel like cooking when it's stormy.

Has anyone else been to the town of Hood River in the Columbia Gorge? I want to live there!
Judi
Portland, Oregon
perpetualmotionrv.blogspot.com

'You have brains in your head,
you have feet in your shoes,
you can steer yourself
any direction you choose." Dr Seuss
judi

Postby Bethers » Sat Feb 07, 2015 1:48 pm

If I type fast I'll get this in while it's still morning.

The weather here has been phenomenal. I'm loving it. It looks like temps will drop closer to normal later in the week, and, of course, those will be my days off lol

Got to run, someone is driving through and there's only a few sites available.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby Acadianmom » Sat Feb 07, 2015 2:10 pm

Pat, the fall out from the high chair made me laugh. Our Boston Terrier, Butch, was always on crumb patrol. He has been gone a long time but every time we drop some food in the kitchen someone says where's Butch. Possie cat has taken over that job. She is willing to try just about any kind of food. She is getting to be a pretty substantial girl. :lol:

I don't know what was wrong with me this morning. I don't usually cook much but I had 2 big pots going. I have been hungry for Corn and Crab Bisque. I like mine better than what the restaurants have so I make a big pot and freeze it in small containers. It's very rich so not something to eat a lot of. I also cooked some fresh chicken sausage in gravy to put on rice. One of the local grocery stores makes good fresh sausage.

The sun is shining and it's back to 70. Looks like it will be a good weekend for the Mardi Gras parades. About the only way I would go to one would be to find a place to park my motorhome on the route and spend the weekend. I hate having to deal with traffic jams and crowds. I'm not organized enough to find a space. You would probably have to reserve a spot now for next year. They usually have the New Orleans parades on live cameras if you can find the link. Most of the time my internet is too aggravating to watch them very long.

Martha
Martha
2010 Coach House
Acadianmom

Postby bluepinecones » Sat Feb 07, 2015 7:54 pm

Its evening again here in north FL. Much warmer today - mid 60s but chilling down now that the sun has set.
The parks free WiFi is back up and running; love it when I don't have to be concerned about how much I stay on line - I don't do movies or anything else the gobbles up all that much - but still nice not to have to check how much left or do I need to add.
Interesting day. The other ladies were interested in some things for their rigs so we went to Liz's favorite RV dealer in Ocala. I didn't really need anything so decided to avoid temptation in the shop and wander around looking at RVs on the lot. There was a Class C I really liked but a little longer than I think I would want (Forester 2651S). However it had a somewhat walk around bed, cabinets I could mostly reach, pretty comfortable dinette and the fridge was mounted low enough I could actually see in the freezer, great outside storage and hook up that I could reach. Ended up driving it around the lot, didn't go out on highway but it seemed to handle and ride well. First time I've tried anything with a back up camera - I like that, I even backed it into its original parking spot.
Then it was on to our late lunch mini gtg: Steve, Tina, Nan, Irmi, Joshlyn, Liz and Sarah
The only major handicap in life is a bad attitude!
bluepinecones

Postby BarbaraRose » Sat Feb 07, 2015 8:59 pm

Crazy busy day at work today!! :shock: My feet and lower back ache tonight. :( I have tomorrow off luckily!

Weather is great here. Upper 30's and sunny. Probably why we were so busy...everyone coming out of hibernation with spring fever!

Pat, why would you need to watch a video on meerkats? We don't have any of those in this country.

I missed the FedEx guy delivering my two new reclining chairs today. Will have to wait until Monday now.

Hope you all had a good day!
Barbie, Romeow, and Sophie, missing Lola! (and lots of ferrets running around in my heart!)

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"
-Anatole France
BarbaraRose

Postby dpf » Sat Feb 07, 2015 10:34 pm

My mind works like lightning...one brilliant flash and it's gone.
dpf

Postby MandysMom » Sun Feb 08, 2015 2:11 am

So,did you have to sit through the full length version of Meerkats or just the trailer? We have watched documentaries about them in past. Pretty interesting creatures.
Velda
MandysMom

Postby BarbaraRose » Sun Feb 08, 2015 10:33 am

Very interesting!
Barbie, Romeow, and Sophie, missing Lola! (and lots of ferrets running around in my heart!)

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"
-Anatole France
BarbaraRose

Return to Morning Coffee