Friday, Feb. 6

Let's start our day with a good morning here.

Friday, Feb. 6

Postby Colliemom » Fri Feb 06, 2015 8:27 am

Yoo Hoo, anybody out there? Checked to see if anybody's doing breakfast and nope. Guess the cafe is closed this morning. So had to settle for a burger and cottage cheese, followed by a corn muffin this morning. Doing protein breakfasts here.

Otherwise same old, same old. Molly has a check up with her vet this morning, so will be heading out later. Otherwise not much doing here today.

See you gals in the PNW are going to get a bit wet. Those in the plains a bit warm and those in the NE a bit white. So I guess it's going to be a variety of weather this weekend. So keep warm, dry and think spring!

Have a nice day all ;)
Sue and the Furry Crew
Colliemom

Re: Friday, Feb. 6

Postby chalet05 » Fri Feb 06, 2015 9:39 am

Good Morning from Fountain, Colorado!

BJ, I tried to fix that post yesterday, but I kept getting an error message! Barbie was right, a poorly placed dash!

We made good time yesterday and were able to pick up the trailer in the afternoon instead of this morning. Didn't know until later it has a wiring problem - some lights stay on even with truck turned off. A project for LeRoy! We saw many antelope yesterday on the way north and the snowy Rockies.

Need to get it together and hit the road!

Everyone have a good day and travel safe!
Anita
chalet05

Postby Carolinagal » Fri Feb 06, 2015 10:13 am

Good Morning, where is everyone, glad you're up and around, Sue. Guess we can thank Molly for that, right ?? ;) :o I'm at my sisters, came down to have RV checked out and serviced, although I didn't put the miles on this past yr., my peace of mind said it still needed to be done. In having it serviced fella, saw I had weather damage to back tires and some front wear, and recommended new for front anyway. Well, I'm getting them all put on a wee later today. I knew this Fl summer was going to be a real costly one :( :D . I want to head west this next summer so tires are a must. I'm not sure of their age, came on the rig, and can't see date on them(I will not crawl under) so I have been thinking I should do this before my summer travels. I didn't expect them in until Monday, but he just called and said they arrived today. So changing my plans and schedule,

My sister was saddened that they came in before we had been told they would arrive, she was all set for me to spend week end here, told her I still will. We went out to dinner last night, had the best rack of ribs, mouth watering. I don't think I have been here for a visit, since I left mid Nov., so time for a nice visit with her, she still working so won't really be able to visit until tomorrow. But the gals up in McIntosh will have a great week end without me, ask Liz not to tell me what they did, makes that ole envy move in :oops: :roll: and that's not good. The lady at the CG really loves Liz, so many friends are visiting and filling the park this winter. Told me she was going to throw us a party, we aren't holding our breathe though :roll: :lol:

Well, that's the biggest part of any news I have, "going broke" down here is good topic. Told camping place where I've been just too many times this winter, "you all are nice people have enjoyed visiting (chatting) with you, BUT I don't want to see you again this winter", the whole place laughed, they all totally understood, I've left a lot of pennies there in short time. Sure glad that place is there though.

Hope you all have a great week end, those in that cold stuff, stay warm, but most of all safe. Enjoy each day everyone, For those who probably have posted while I wrote this, good morning to you all too, and now I'll go read what I know you have written, right???? Anita, got in there before me, safe travels, sorry about the wiring on trailer, why can't we get things that are made right and function right anymore ??????? Not all of us have a Leroy. ;)

CArol :)
Carolinagal

Postby dayspring39 » Fri Feb 06, 2015 10:39 am

Good Morning... getting ready for my second cup of coffee... back to oatmeal and blueberries this morning...
I did not get my steps in yesterday... no place to walk with this snow... but it will slowly be melting these next few days... today will be in high 30s... tomorrow low 40s...
Oh Carol I sure liked Sportsmans Cove but the last time I stayed there there were no people to visit with... very lonely... so you ladies have given them a real boost... I moved that last winter to Wandering Oaks... nice place then last year stayed at Cliftwood... would not stay there again... depressing park!
My daughter in law sent me info on the motels to stay in when Joy gets married in June... not sure if my MH will be fixed by then or not... would like to use it as the wedding is way out in the boonies a town called Palms, Mi... it is being held at James grandmothers place... an out door wedding... as Pat Boone sang Young Love!
Time to find out what I can do today... have a safe day everyone...
Kathleen or Kathy

Use today wisely it's all you have; yesterday is a memory; tomorrow a dream... KLW[/b][/color]
dayspring39

Postby JudyJB » Fri Feb 06, 2015 10:43 am

Good morning, all! Waiting for my rental car pickup. Good news is that I have an Ortho appointment for next Tuesday for my very swollen thumb. Yea

Other exciting news is that my niece and her family are going to spend first week of April at Disney World so I am splurging with three nights at the campground. They will stay one night with me before they check into their hotel. I seldom get to see her or her two kids ages 9 and 12 so am really looking forward to it. They are all fun and her husband was an executive chef!!

And by the way, since we have been talking about vaccinations. Know that heel prick for newborns that is often not done by a lot of home birthers? Well, her daughter was born in a hospital and was caught as having PKU, so is on very strict no protein diet to prevent brain damage. Thankfully it was caught at just a few days so she is a happy, healthy, and bright little girl. Even if babies are born at home that heel prick is critical to catch this rare condition!! (It needs to be done immediately after birth because even a week on breast milk or regular formula can cause brain damage. Some home birthers I know do not take their babies to doctors for several weeks after birth)
JudyJB
http://grandmajjb.blogspot.com/
https://2022humongousukadventure.blogspot.com/
"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts." Mark Twain.
JudyJB

Location: In various COE and state parks in Florida for winter.

Postby judi » Fri Feb 06, 2015 12:03 pm

JudyJB, I couldn't agree more about the PKU heel stick. So important!

Very rainy here, but at least it's not very cold. Keep warm everyone!
Judi
Portland, Oregon
perpetualmotionrv.blogspot.com

'You have brains in your head,
you have feet in your shoes,
you can steer yourself
any direction you choose." Dr Seuss
judi

Postby bluepinecones » Fri Feb 06, 2015 7:39 pm

Good evening
Just a quick check in as the parks WiFi is down - has been since yesterday morning.
Something set my allergies off on Wednesday and I was miserable for about 36 hours. Thankfully they have settled back down and I felt much better today however I still have no idea what triggered them.
Carol - you have not missed anything exciting or a big adventure - those of us in McIntosh as being good and tending to routine stuff. We did stop by a local farmers market for strawberries and honey belle oranges. I've already had one of the oranges and it was excellent.
I've made arrangements for someone to look at my generator on Monday. Hoping for an easy, inexpensive fix.
Frost warning for tonight as temps are still running below normal while rainfall has been above normal. Weather for Saturday and Sunday should be much better before another cool down first of week. I am so ready for it to warm up and stay that way.
The only major handicap in life is a bad attitude!
bluepinecones

Postby gingerK » Fri Feb 06, 2015 9:56 pm

Very late and definitely not morning here. Had a very good day today with my friend Margaret whom I met on one of my FB pages. She and I went thrift store shopping and just watching Margaret shop is a hoot in itself! In one store she really wanted to buy some chairs she saw in their back room but the lady refused to sell them and got mad at Margaret for being where she shouldn't be! Margaret is just like a little whirlwind when she sees something she wants to buy and just kept on asking if the lady would sell her those chairs! I just stood there and laughed! We found some nice treasures in each of the four stores we visited and had a nice lunch out too. We're looking forward to camping together in the spring, she wants to go somewhere in April.

My alllergies seem to be kicking up too, Sarah, my head's all stuffy and I've had a headache all afternoon. Guess I should go take something before I go to bed or else I'll end up with a migraine.

Hope everyone who is feeling under the weather gets to feeling better; those who are travelling are enjoying themselves; anyone having troubles with vehicles may you get them fixed quickly (and reasonably too!) and just everyone of you have a good evening!
Kathy
Any day spent in the company of my animals is a good day.
gingerK

Return to Morning Coffee