Cold Thursday Morning

Let's start our day with a good morning here.

Cold Thursday Morning

Postby Colliemom » Thu Feb 05, 2015 7:31 am

Good Morning from the chilly 45th,

And for the most part I'm sure that holds true pretty much along the whole 45th parallel right now. -6 here this morning. But sun promised, so will be nice.

Breakfast bar is open with bacon, eggs, toast, peaches, water, milk or tea this morning. Can make corn muffins too.

Nothing going on here today. Probably work on puzzle. Try to get a stool sample from Molly to take to vet tomorrow as she goes in for final puppy shots etc.. Probably take a walk this afternoon. Have a little snow on drive, so may get my little blower out and clean it off. Not enough for big blower. So as you can see, very exciting around here :lol:

Everybody have a nice day
Sue and the Furry Crew
Colliemom

Re: Cold Thursday Morning

Postby ryegal » Thu Feb 05, 2015 8:10 am

Hi all not so cold here in Seattle butit is sure raining hard. I love to hear the rain on the roof :) yesterday I went to see a campground that is very popular Kayak point right on the water.Have a great day
ryegal

Postby chalet05 » Thu Feb 05, 2015 8:13 am

Good Morning!

Can't claim that cold, Sue, but it is cold. We crossed from New Mexico into Colorado last evening - 23 degrees overnight in Trinidad, Colorado and about 27 now a 6 a.m.. 4:30 LeRoy decided propane tank hadn't switched :( So we have been up awhile!! We did have another really nice drive yesterday. Stopped for mid afternoon Chinese buffet in Albuquerque.

Sheila, I really am sorry about the truck issue! I went through that same thing but with A/C on my old truck. Wondered if anyone would ever get it right.

Kathleen, I feel sorry for your neighbor that she can't just be happy instead of choosing one loser after another.

Donna, nice that you can get together with others and enjoy your crafting! Love bazaars at holiday time.

Velda, I think of you often and all your family is dealing with.

O'Sharon, I'm enjoying snow - very little of it way off the road!!

Have a good day everyone!
Anita
chalet05

Postby grammynmaggie » Thu Feb 05, 2015 8:46 am

Good morning all..rain and storms here all night cloudy today but warm
ended up not going over to the church got all ready to go back started hurting didn't feel well so I didn't go I knew I could not sit...feel better now not sure what I will do today have a fun filled day and be safe
grammynmaggie

Postby gingerK » Thu Feb 05, 2015 9:58 am

Mornin'!

Frigid cold today, even tho the sun is shining. Had to stop several times this morning while doing chores to warm up my fingers.
Dogs are bored out of their skulls, not used to staying inside for so long!
Molly got her Frosty Paws last night and even shared some with the boys!
Need to text an owner to see if she's still home sick today or if she went to work, and a friend who is selling her house has a showing today. She asked me to stop by and let her dog back inside from his dog kennel in her yard. The real estate needs him to be out of the house when they show it.

Remember when I posted about watching my son's dogs? Well, turned out I was busy so my DH had to do it. Son's girlfriend's dog nearly bit him. And here he was telling me "oh she'll be just fine with you". I knew in my gut it wouldn't have been good!

Agh! Have to clean house today; a friend is coming by tomorrow and there's dog hair everywhere!

Stay safe stay warm!
Kathy
Any day spent in the company of my animals is a good day.
gingerK

Postby Redetotry » Thu Feb 05, 2015 10:36 am

Good Morning all, ACK Anita -27!!! Hope you get to a warmer place soon!! It is 16 above here with a tiny dusting of snow but warming into the 30's, and supposed to be 60 on Sunday :o Not much here, spent yesterday getting a massage and spending a lot of time on an ice pack for a wrong move I made in yoga class on Monday. I think it may have happened when the instructor encouraged me to move me into the more difficult version of a pose we were in for our hips. I will need to talk to her and try to figure which pose it was though as the massage therapist said not to do that one again as I pulled the deepest muscle that runs across the hips. Feeling much better today still icing 10 minutes every hour and walking around a lot.
Mitzi has decided it is time for me to play so guess I should get moving.
Redetotry
BJ
Redetotry

Postby BarbaraRose » Thu Feb 05, 2015 11:22 am

BJ, I think Anita meant 23 above zero. She just used a dash instead of a comma. I thought that too, at first. :lol:

Got roped into taking my dad's renter to the airport early this morning, so no sleeping in for me! Right during rush hour traffic too. :evil: I have made that drive (one hour each way) three days in a row now, since my dad's urologist is near the airport too.

Sunny but near zero right now. Supposed to start warming up to 30ish for the next few days so that will be nice! I heard that two trucks went thru the ice on the lake yesterday. They both drove right past "thin ice" signs. Stupid!! The occupants made it out safely but will pay a huge price for it. The cost of removing the trucks is enormous, plus they are totaled and insurance won't cover any of it. Plus the drivers may get criminal charges too. Because of the warm weather we have had previously, the ice is very unstable now.

Bought myself a new microwave yesterday, a fancy red and black one (my kitchen is in red). My dad's microwave was in bad shape and a fire hazard, with the inside peeling and rusty, was just an accident waiting to happen. So I gave him mine and got this new one. Also ordered two small reclining chairs from Walmart to replace my very uncomfortable futon love seat. Will sell that on CL along with some other things, since I want to downsize, in case I ever get to move into that studio apartment, which is still gutted and not being worked on yet. :roll: Got all these things on sale so they didn't cost me a whole lot, which is nice!

Off to work here shortly! Have a great day! :D
Barbie, Romeow, and Sophie, missing Lola! (and lots of ferrets running around in my heart!)

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"
-Anatole France
BarbaraRose

Postby SoCalGalcas » Thu Feb 05, 2015 11:28 am

Good Morning All, foggy around here this morning. Sun expected to break out around noon, or sooner. Hooray, got the truck serviced yesterday, so that is taken care of. Haven't completely finished the inside cleaning, but will continue to working on it a little at a time.

SIL did pretty well after his 3rd chemo RX. Am now awaiting "blood markers" results on lab tests.

Barbie, I got a very good hair cut while I was out in Q. The salon was busy, busy, busy. I thought of you and you could make good money out there!!!

Have a nice day all, Lyn

Limits exist only in the souls of those who do not dream./Desktop/IMG_0228.jpg
SoCalGalcas

Postby avalen » Thu Feb 05, 2015 12:26 pm

good morning
so much going on lately but I have stopped in to cruise through a few posts from time to time. Taking Jon to the airport in a little bit as he's flying out to visit his dad before he passes. Have an appt for next tuesday to get my shot and ultrasound on my shoulder and then last evening I turned my ankle, ouch! Have it wrapped up so I remember to be careful with it although it
seems ok when I walk, its not ok when I do steps. Also have a big cyst on my bottom eyelid, have had it for awhile but it flared
up like a huge sty and looks ready to burst. Have been doing warm compresses so I hope it breaks open soon cause it sure looks bad. Our afternoon weather is getting wonderful, need to get my car in for a recharge on the ac. Its that time of year where
I use the heater in the morning and the ac in the afternoon.
Not much else to talk about. Ya'll have a great day and be safe.
Somewhere with Ava and Maggie
avalen

Postby dayspring39 » Thu Feb 05, 2015 1:53 pm

Good Afternoon... guess we are all experiencing weather we wish would move on! after today we will have a warming trend up to 41 on Sat... hope it melts slowly... but for today we are still below zero windchill... beautiful sunshine!
Shadow looks so much better after his spa date yesterday... I actually did my first 2,500 day with fitbit... hope to continue...
Lunch today is some turkey tetrazzini Margie made for me...
hope the fix with the truck works... Take care Ava... way too many things going on for anyone to take...
Ready to eat lunch now...
Take care everyone...
Kathleen or Kathy

Use today wisely it's all you have; yesterday is a memory; tomorrow a dream... KLW[/b][/color]
dayspring39

Return to Morning Coffee