Snowy Wednesday Morning

Let's start our day with a good morning here.

Snowy Wednesday Morning

Postby Colliemom » Wed Feb 04, 2015 7:51 am

Good Morning all,

I must be the early bird these days as seems nobody but me, is up this early. Or too fuzzy to think before that first cup of coffee :lol:

Bit of light snow falling here this morning. Lake effect due to clipper system coming through. May or may not go push shovel around later.

Miss Molly has gone back to bed after her morning chores. First one was waking me up at 5;30 a.m. :roll: then a little time in bed with me after I put her up there, washing my face, nibbling on my fingers, snoozing for a brief few minutes, crawling on me and just enjoying her morning bonding time. She also did some house cleaning, as she dumped her water bowl all over my kitchen floor, so I had to mop that up. Guess she figured it would give me a head start :lol: I bought her a new bowling ball size plastic ball yesterday and she had a blast chasing it up and down my driveway. Needless to say, when she was all done, off to bed and zzzzzzzzz.

Need to put a word of caution out there regarding the water and vinegar DeIcer. I read that using that on your windshield can cause little pits in the glass. Better off to use a regular windshield DeIcer. Prestone makes a very good spray DeIcer. Have used it for years. Another thing I used to do is cover my windshield at night with an old canvas window curtain tucked in the doors on both sides. Just took it off in the morning and off I went. I would think that the insulated ones would work nowadays because of their thickness.

Well, guess this enough for this morning. Glad to see everybody seems to be chugging along. Some of you have a mess of Dr. Appts. etc. but hopefully al well be well in the end. Some enjoying each other's company and sunshine, some hanging in there with winter weather. So have a nice day no matter what you are doing :)
Sue and the Furry Crew
Colliemom

Re: Snowy Wednesday Morning

Postby grammynmaggie » Wed Feb 04, 2015 8:32 am

G ood morning Sue and all..rain and storms here today and tonight I am glad it is not snow I do not miss the Pennsylvania winters...going to the church paint Christmas ornaments for the bazaar in November it is a very big bizarre one of the biggest and nicest I have ever seen they make a lot of money for the charities they support...I don't spend the whole day because I can't sit much yet..and I can stand up and paint so that helps...have a fun filled day and be safe...donna
grammynmaggie

Postby Othersharon » Wed Feb 04, 2015 9:00 am

Good morning Sue, Donna and all to follow. Sue, I was up early but needed to get that first cup of coffee! I have a light coating of snow on the driveway and car this morning yet again! May leave it on the drive since it is all icy. Beth, wonder if I mix up a whole bucket of deicer and toss it on the driveway it would melt the ice! Just kidding, would probably just make it worst! Spent the day yesterday running around and much as I hate to say it, it was really pretty! Sun and fields of white. Don't tell anyone I said that! But Donna, I can't blame you for not missing it. Pretty to look at but a pain to shovel and contend with! Have a hair appointment in a few minutes so need to get out and clean off the car. Have a great day and stay warm.
Othersharon

Postby dayspring39 » Wed Feb 04, 2015 9:28 am

Good Morning... coffee almost gone... moving very slowly... need a shower then will take Shadow to the groomer... his nails are so long more like claws... we didn't sleep much last night... my tracker said woke up 12 times and got 5 hours of sleep... hard to do with waking up so much...
I didn't put the trash out last night as the wind was so strong it made me shiver... we will get more snow today...
Will go to the store while Shadow is at the groomer... need to get milk and potatoes... am eating very badly here...
So sad for my neighbor Cindy... she had a guy that came over about 3 times and she went to his place an equal amount of time... he had to have emergency open heart surgery... she cared for his two dogs... he got back to her place then a day later got in his truck and left... I do not know what is going on... she is such a nice person but she sure picks some duds... Cindy get a dog!
Florida looks better every day!! miss being away in the winter...
Have a great day everyone... and Sue will fix you a cup of tea anytime...
Kathleen or Kathy

Use today wisely it's all you have; yesterday is a memory; tomorrow a dream... KLW[/b][/color]
dayspring39

Postby JudyJB » Wed Feb 04, 2015 9:52 am

I don't know about others, Sue, but it takes me at least an hour after waking up to get rid of the fuzziness! Plus, I enjoy sleeping in until at least 9:00 am.

Moved from Ortona, which I really liked, to Jonathan Dickinson, near Jupiter, Florida. Lots more bike riding opportunities here, so I will be out and about today. The semester is well underway, so I do have some work to do. When faced with a virtual stack of stuff to grade, I try to just get a few done each day, so will not spend the whole day riding my bike. (Student papers are not exciting stuff.)

Campgrounds are very packed and busy in Florida this time of year. It is almost impossible to make changes to your schedule, but I did manage to get a couple of days at Disney World so I can spend a little time with my niece and her family when they come down in early April. Will be fun!

It is expensive and I hate to spend the money, but I am going to rent a car for a few days starting tomorrow so I can do some easier exploring. I have not rented one for several months, so it is OK financially. I am just cheap about some stuff.
JudyJB
http://grandmajjb.blogspot.com/
https://2022humongousukadventure.blogspot.com/
"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts." Mark Twain.
JudyJB

Location: In various COE and state parks in Florida for winter.

Postby Bethers » Wed Feb 04, 2015 10:52 am

I'm leery about lots of cleaners, but have used vinegar for years on glass. I'd be interested on where you heard it could pit. I have a problem believing that.

After being out by 8 every day, I'm still laying in bed on this my day off. As is Peaches. We should make it out shortly. Or not! Should be beautiful and warm this afternoon. Maybe a hike will be in order.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby Acadianmom » Wed Feb 04, 2015 11:24 am

I'm not moving very fast here either. It's raining again. The radar shows rain all the way from Texas/Louisiana state line all the way to Florida. I'm sure glad I went to town yesterday instead of waiting until today.

We keep finding more and more things that have to be done to move my son's trailer. I don't know if that's going to happen or not. The government sure makes it hard to do things.

Martha
Martha
2010 Coach House
Acadianmom

Postby MandysMom » Wed Feb 04, 2015 12:19 pm

No snow to shovel here but we hope for rain by late Friday! Off to day 15 of radiation for hubby.
As to vinegar. Snopes says that rumor goes around each year when the snow comes. One thing they pointed out: vinegar sometimes is sold in glass bottles. Have you ever seen a pitted glass bottle of vinegar? It's a relatively weak solution of acetic acid and the "suggestion" is to further dilute it. It probably won't do much for ice but won't pit glass. Commercial deicer probably a whole lot more effective, but most effective is to move where you don't have to deal with it.LOL
Have a good day all. Snuggle those pups.
Velda
MandysMom

Postby Bethers » Wed Feb 04, 2015 12:48 pm

MandysMom wrote: but most effective is to move where you don't have to deal with it.LOL
Velda

That's the best answer yet!
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby JudyJB » Wed Feb 04, 2015 1:27 pm

Being from Michigan, we are used to frozen cars. My older son almost passed out when he saw method his Californian wife was used to using to de-ice windshields--she threw on a bucketful of hot water!

Luckily, it was not that cold where they were. Would certainly break the windshield in really cold climate
JudyJB
http://grandmajjb.blogspot.com/
https://2022humongousukadventure.blogspot.com/
"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts." Mark Twain.
JudyJB

Location: In various COE and state parks in Florida for winter.

Postby MandysMom » Wed Feb 04, 2015 3:53 pm

Yep, Judy, hot water works here in CA for the rare frost on windshield! ( on the other hand, having lived in Reno in past, I know better than really hot water on glass in true freeze country)!
I can remember when hubby was still working his having to be careful going down our front deck as it got slippery at 06 before the sun was up good. Now our solution is to get up later! LLO :lol:
MandysMom

Return to Morning Coffee