Ground Hog Day

Let's start our day with a good morning here.

Ground Hog Day

Postby Colliemom » Mon Feb 02, 2015 8:04 am

Good Morning,

Well, the official results are in. On this day, the second day of February, in the year 2015, Punxsutawny Phil has seen his shadow and predicted 6 more weeks of winter. As if any of those in the path of this most recent snow storm, need to be told :lol: So guess those RV's, trips, swimsuits and what nots, will have to be parked and packed away for awhile longer :) Kathleen, enjoyed your snow pictures yesterday. I'm sure the resorts up here that cater to the Snowmobilers would love to have had that.

It's clear and -6 here in northern Michigan. Supposed to get to around 17 for a high. So won't be doing anything outside other than a brisk doggie walk this afternoon maybe. She's got so much pent up energy.

Anita and Donna, sorry the Seahawks lost. I too was rooting for them. Enjoyed the Puppy Bowl too.

So, am going to move along and let the rest of you get in here. Those of you on the east coast, hunker down, stay off the roads, keep warm and wait it out. Have a nice day everyone.
Sue and the Furry Crew
Colliemom

Re: Ground Hog Day

Postby grammynmaggie » Mon Feb 02, 2015 8:22 am

Good morning Sue and all...6 more weeks ok with me...winter to me here on my patch of Florida is like spring...sunny 65 here with storms this afternoon...Gloria will be headed south this morning so hope she misses them...had a great weekend will post blog about it soon...have a fun filled day and stay safe... ;) donna
grammynmaggie

Postby bluepinecones » Mon Feb 02, 2015 9:40 am

Good morning
Raining here in McIntosh with thunderstorms forecast for later. If we get a break in the wet stuff might make a grocery store run sometime today, otherwise it looks like a hunker down day. Maybe I can drum up enough ambition to do a bit of cleaning and rearranging in here before the day is over. However I suspect I will spend too much time just playing on computer.
Sure not going to get many steps in with today's weather but in spite of driving for 2 solid days last week I had my best yet scores on FitBit.
Have a great day
The only major handicap in life is a bad attitude!
bluepinecones

Postby Othersharon » Mon Feb 02, 2015 9:59 am

Somehow, Sue, I'm not surprised Phil predicted 6 more weeks of winter! It is a mess out there! I was going to meet my son and his family for dinner last night but about a half hour after I accepted the invitation the snow really started coming down. Today is my youngest grandson's birthday and I would have loved to have been there but after a text to my other son to ask about the roads decided to cancel. He is assigned to this area so I knew he would be out and about. His reply was that the roads were terrible and they already had cars in ditches. Amazing how just a few minutes can change the road conditions! Schools are closed all over the area and many government offices too. I'm not even sure if I will be able to shovel the icy mess on the driveway and sidewalk! Don't think the snowblower will be able to get through it either! Maybe I should hibernate for the rest of the winter! 6 weeks isn't very long! Something to look forward to anyway! Donna, glad you are at least out of this! But with all that being said, I think we are lucky we didn't get what some other parts of the country got or are getting. This to shall pass! At least I'm getting some projects done here in the house! I spent a good part of yesterday rearranging drawers and cupboards in the kitchen. I keep reaching for something only to remember I moved it somewhere else! But at least I'm getting a head start on my spring cleaning!

Enough rambling, I think I'll finish my coffee and then go out and enjoy the cold and wind! :roll: Have a good day and stay warm and safe.
Othersharon

Postby carolb » Mon Feb 02, 2015 10:08 am

G'morning all :)
Sue, thx for reporting about the game. Anita is parked next to me, so now I know not to expect her to be in a very good mood when she wakes up ;( I visited with her during halftime and was happy for a tie at that point. Also, Sue, I love your Molly stories! In retirement, we have all the time in the world to train our little ones, then have precious memories of doing so:)

Cell about to go dead...so will be brief. Cheryl, I too couldn't figure why I'd get dark circles in my binoc vision. Glad you and Kath had a good tome and saw eagles! Kathleen, gorgeous pix of snow! Beth, glad to hear things are well with new job. See you there in the next 2-3 wks.

Y'all have a great day--that goes double for you, Anita, and all other Hawk fans:)
carolb

Postby OregonLuvr » Mon Feb 02, 2015 11:28 am

It is raining here too but we sure need it. No snow pack yet and none with this week's storm as it is 45 degrees, Very sad for the ski areas and our summer water. Sad day for the Seahawks but I ask myself "what were they thinkin'" for that last play that put the nail in their coffin. Oh well I still like em.

Not much on the agenda but hope to exercise the FitBit today, so far I have been doing okay but need to be better.

Hope all those in the storms wake are managing okay.

karen
Karen

Emma Tibetan Spaniel
OregonLuvr

Postby dayspring39 » Mon Feb 02, 2015 11:34 am

Good Morning everyone! Bitter cold here today wind chills below zero... we got more snow yesterday but today is sunshine...
I got only my steps and a small apace on my deck cleaned off yesterday now it is covered again... Alas I broke my shovel... need to get a screw and fix it...
Cleaning kitchen cupboards is on my list when Kelsie comes this week... I have new shelf covering so that will make things bright... I want to pack away some of the things I do not use so there is more room for important things that I use daily...
I went through Penn one winter on my way to my sister Wilmas home... they closed I 80 so had to stop awhile while they cleared the mountains of snow... that is the first time I had seen a snow plow chain... so efficient... that was back in the 90s... Penn gets dumped on a lot!!
I did not watch the game or anything about it... the commercialization makes it less desirable for me... I am not one to like sports by myself... would rather read or play games on the iMac...
Carolb hope you and Anita can do something fun today...
New month here with the fitbit flex... will begin to meet my goals... back and hip are coming along...
Take care and what ever you do enjoy yourself!
Kathleen or Kathy

Use today wisely it's all you have; yesterday is a memory; tomorrow a dream... KLW[/b][/color]
dayspring39

Postby SoCalGalcas » Mon Feb 02, 2015 11:53 am

Pete Carroll really shot himself in the foot yesterday. Had a fun day at the daughters with her gang. sun is out here and I must get the rig cleaned. lyn

Limits exist only in the souls of those who do not dream./Desktop/IMG_0228.jpg
SoCalGalcas

Postby gingerK » Mon Feb 02, 2015 12:36 pm

Good morning!

I watched the game too and really thought the Seahawks had it in 'em to win especially tying it up like they did, but I guess they just ran out of steam--or luck.

We had no big screen yesterday (I watched the upstairs tv) so this morning I dragged out the big ladder and climbed up to get the snow off the Direct TV dish. Whacked it with a broom! Now it's working. Of course, I called Carrie to tell her I was going to climb up and again when I got down so someone would be calling 911 for me if I didn't report in. Did I mention I am afraid of heights?

Cancelled my dentist appointment for this morning although I suspect I could have made it. Roads aren't too bad here. One dog walk also cancelled so I just have to go take out my dear sweet GSD and he really enjoys the snow! My own pups are loving being outside too especially the boys. Molly kind of looks at me as if to ask "where do I go potty Mom?" Snow is way over their bellies and in some places over their backs too.

Got my meatloaf made up for supper and just have to pop it in the oven when it's time. Now off to see Duke, the GSD! Have a great day.
Kathy
Any day spent in the company of my animals is a good day.
gingerK

Postby chalet05 » Mon Feb 02, 2015 12:54 pm

Good Morning,

No, I didn't come out complaining this morning! :) It was a sad loss, but oh well. Carolb put a sign on her RV for me 'Hawks Rule, even tho they didn't win'! How nice was that?

Sue, love the Molly stories. Kathleen, pretty snow pictures. Never cared for snow when I had to be out in it or had to cancel plans! Glad the Florida gals have been having great weather, but sounds like a bit of a change.

GTG was great fun! Sheila's gift of hot pad and dish rags (not that I will get those pretty items wet!) was so nice. Thank you, Sheila for those and the great food you served.

I will head back to Salome this afternoon. Tomorrow LeRoy and I head to Denver to pick up the trailer for the Slingshot which will hopefully be fixed next week! Weather is looking very cooperative.

Daughter's Jack Russell who had the surgery is doing well!! Staples out and 'collar of shame' removed!

Movin' on. Have a great day all.
Anita
chalet05

Postby Bethers » Mon Feb 02, 2015 1:55 pm

chalet05 wrote:Good Morning,

GTG was great fun! Sheila's gift of hot pad and dish rags (not that I will get those pretty items wet!) was so nice. Thank you, Sheila for those and the great food you served.

Daughter's Jack Russell who had the surgery is doing well!! Staples out and 'collar of shame' removed!

Movin' on. Have a great day all.

Ditto what you said about the hot pad and dish rags. Mine are so pretty - I know just what they'll look like when I finally decide that everything in my rig DOES get used.

Great news about your daughter's dog. Was just wondering! Yay!

Loving the 2nd day of sun here today. Peaches and I are getting our walking in. I haven't used the electric vehicle they provide us yet. But I do know that Peaches loves riding in them, so maybe my next quick run around the cg, I'll take it just for her. We've gotten more than a couple miles of walking in today already - so it won't hurt.

I'm looking forward to doing one of the trails on Wed - my day off - and the weather is supposed to be even more spectacular all this week!

Good to hear about everyone.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby MandysMom » Mon Feb 02, 2015 3:27 pm

I would love to see a picture of the dish rags and hot pads!
I rooted all the way for Patriots but wrote a friend just before kickoff and said I want the Patriots to win but really think the Hawks will pull it off. If not for a very unfortunate decision by their coach, they would have won. Either way it was a great game and I thought Katie Perry did a very good show.
We hope for rain by end of the week and are grateful we don't have to dig out as some of you do.
My back went into spasm when I went to set my purse down when we arrived home from Mel's treatment so I'm off to chiropractor in a hour or so. Have a good day all.
Velda
MandysMom

Postby Acadianmom » Mon Feb 02, 2015 6:16 pm

I just got back from getting my car serviced. That took the better part of the day. I like my Honda CR-V but not the dealership. I like the Ford dealer better. I would have bought an Escape if it could have been towed. Not that it makes much difference, I haven't gotten the CR-V ready to be towed yet.

Yesterday it was 70 and today it's in the 40's. Can't complain too much. The weather hasn't been near as bad as last year. Don't want to say that too loud, winter isn't over yet. Wish I was in Florida playing with the girls.

Martha
Martha
2010 Coach House
Acadianmom

Postby BirdbyBird » Mon Feb 02, 2015 6:30 pm

Martha, we wish you were here playing with us too!
Tina and the furry companions...Lark, Audrey and Jane
BirdbyBird

Return to Morning Coffee