Sunday, Feb. 1st

Let's start our day with a good morning here.

Sunday, Feb. 1st

Postby Colliemom » Sun Feb 01, 2015 7:20 am

Good Morning on this first day of February. Looks a bit nasty weather wise for a lot of you out there. Just cloudy and 6 above here this a.m. And that's the way it's going to remain. Even Mollybdoesn't want to stay out longer than necessary :lol:

Not a lot gonna happen around here today. Will be heading to church later, followed by trip to store and then back home. Good day to watch Puppy Bowl this afternoon, followed by the Super Bowl. Also work on jigsaw puzzle.

Tina, I probably have more patience than you :lol: I kept Molly in her pen during the night, but let her out during the day. Kept doors closed in house and just kept an eye on her. Once she got to where she had no accidents at night, I took the pen down and gave her her freedom. She got to where she hated that pen. I think she may have been penned during the day as the breeder works. And also crated at night, so maybe not a whole lot of free time unless breeder or hubby were home. But they got lots of TLC. She now has adopted my breezeway as her place to rest and sleep. She also has nobody to play with except me, so hard to run out all her energy. And Weather limits our time outdoors as well. So our play is mostly indoors. But we've come a long way together, she's happy and so Am I :)

Sounds like everybody's keeping busy, enjoying GTG's here and there, waiting for spring, etc. Then we will all be out and about sharing adventures.

Time to get a move on here. Have a nice day all. Those in the path of this winter storm, keep warm, make a pot of soup or chili and hunker down with a good book or puzzle :)
Sue and the Furry Crew
Colliemom

Re: Sunday, Feb. 1st

Postby grammynmaggie » Sun Feb 01, 2015 9:31 am

Good morning all...me thinks Molly needs a play pal...if you have one pup might as well have two...lol...nice day again ...Gloria spent the night in camp driveway...she is passing thru here to points south...super bowl day..so fixing dad some ribs for game day food...might check a few things out with Gloria before she leaves...all up in the air at this point...but will do a blog on it later...so have a fun filled day and stay safe...donna ;)
grammynmaggie

Postby dayspring39 » Sun Feb 01, 2015 9:54 am

Welcome to my world this morning... it was raining when I went to bed... this is the heart attack snow very heavy...
I am staying inside today...
Have a great day!
Kathleen or Kathy

Use today wisely it's all you have; yesterday is a memory; tomorrow a dream... KLW[/b][/color]
dayspring39

Postby bluepinecones » Sun Feb 01, 2015 9:57 am

Good Morning
Oh Kathleen, that snow is pretty to look at but sure glad I'm not there.
Its so nice not to have to scurry around to get ready to drive somewhere; I so enjoy being able to ease into my morning lingering over coffee.
We went to a flea market yesterday and stopped for a late lunch on the way back. Then a card game last night. Such a hard life.
Tina will be leaving today, not sure what the rest of us will be doing other than Carol and Liz are going to church this morning.
Looks like it will be a nice weather day tho it was quite cold last night. Thunderstorms forecast for tomorrow.
Have a good day.
The only major handicap in life is a bad attitude!
bluepinecones

Postby Othersharon » Sun Feb 01, 2015 10:06 am

Morning, Sue and all to follow. The snow has already started here. Just a light snow right now, guess the brunt of the storm comes in later and into tomorrow. I have my book but have some other stuff to do first around the house! I got my running done yesterday and got dog food so the boys will eat well! Luckily my yard is fenced so the dogs can go out and run. Problem is they seem to think I need to come out and watch them! So I just throw on a coat and stand on the porch and watch! They don't seem to want me to do anything but watch them. Haven't figured that one out yet!

I had to go out and look for my newspaper this morning and sadly it was no where to be found. So I went online and caught up with some of the local news. Just not the same as having the paper in my hands. And I do look through the ads, not looking for anything but just the routine on Sunday morning. Change is good, I guess! :roll

Tomorrow is groundhog day and just bet he predicts 6 more weeks of winter! I've never gone to Punxy for it, way to many people for me! I'll just watch it on tv if I'm up! And if not, I'll watch the reruns of it! When I worked in the classroom we used to have such fun with the kids on GHD!

Okay, time to get my day started. I think I'll pull some soup I made and froze out to thaw for dinner later. Hope everyone has a great day. Stay safe and warm! Kathleen, I see your photos! Probably what is coming this way! Fluffy light snow now but later calling for an addition of ice. Are you sure you want to share it with us? You can keep it all if you want! :lol: :lol: Sarah, glad you can relax now! Enjoy!
Othersharon

Postby ryegal » Sun Feb 01, 2015 11:49 am

Hi All, Well I ave been sick with this virus that seems to be everywhere. I hope all of you are doing well I'am from Seattle and we have had 60 degrees days and the trees and plants are confused as it is January and they are budding. Today is a big day for Seattle as our Seahawks are going to win the the superbowl.
ryegal

Postby judi » Sun Feb 01, 2015 12:14 pm

Good morning! Beautiful photos Dayspring! I'm going to hang out with my daughter today while others watch the game. I'm not into pro football. We'll cook, and play with babies. It's rainy and cold and a good day to snuggle up to the fireplace. Everyone have a peaceful Sunday - unless you're shouting at the TV screen during the game!
Judi
Portland, Oregon
perpetualmotionrv.blogspot.com

'You have brains in your head,
you have feet in your shoes,
you can steer yourself
any direction you choose." Dr Seuss
judi

Postby gingerK » Sun Feb 01, 2015 12:32 pm

About 8-10 inches here, more coming down and winds are picking up! DH got the driveway snowblowed and by the time he was done it had 2 more inches on it. The horses are out running up and down the paddock, I don't know if they are playing or just weirded out about all the snow. Maybe it's the snowblower throwing up streams of snow that's got them worked up. Dogs just want to go out and play in it especially Shooter.

Our Direct TV is out, probably too much snow on it but no one's going to climb up on the roof and clean it off. The upstairs TV is still on an antenna so hopefully I can get the game on that one.

Cheryl and I had a nice day yesterday and we DID get to see 3 eagles! Just not quick enough to get a pic of them. I was too involved in scoping out all the birds with my binocs and forgot to snap any pictures. I did get one of Cheryl walking on the trail ahead of me though. We were all bundled up and looked like Eskimos! Then I conned her into going to look at another MH (another frog!) with me and we went to get some lunch (actually we had breakfast, lol). I enjoyed my day with her.

Well, that's about all from here, I'm off for now. Take care!
Kathy
Any day spent in the company of my animals is a good day.
gingerK

Postby Bethers » Sun Feb 01, 2015 1:02 pm

Sharon, I've learned with my last few dogs, that they don't want to be outside if I'm not out. I don't have to play with them, but they want to be where I am -

Kathleen, your snow is beautiful, and you can keep it :) Same with yours, Kathy! But I love looking now. And actually wouldn't mind to have woken up to that and played in it for about an hour - then have it all go away.

I'm on duty today. Have done two walks through the cg, talking to most of the guests already. Peaches and I also took the cg to Visitor Center trail to pick up the reservation sheet for today. Peaches is going to love that part of the job. I loved seeing all the birds that were out enjoying the sunshine today. No camera with me and I'm not sure what a couple were - so will hope to get pictures of those, especially, later. I do know the ones I did recognize including the western scrub jays and Stellar jays that I've been seeing daily in the cg, I saw woodpeckers and juncos and some neat little guys with red on top of their heads, as well as others.

At the Visitors Center the Law Enforcement arm of the Rangers stopped me to ask if I had received my radio and landline phone yet. They were very upset I didn't have my radio yet - so as I started typing this my immediate superior whom I hadn't yet met, came by with the radio and she and I got my phone set up and charging so hopefully it'll be working later today. The radio came fully charged. So, now I have to remember to put it on when I leave the rv. BTW, I really like my immediate supervisor. It's not her fault I didn't receive these things. Like any other place, politics comes into play.

And I questioned some things my counterpart told me yesterday - guess what, he's doing some things wrong - which I knew. She's going to review some policies and make sure we're all on the same page.

Hope everyone - snowbelt or warm areas and everything else, has a wonderful day. Time for me to go check to see if all the campers leaving are gone :)
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby MandysMom » Sun Feb 01, 2015 1:47 pm

Like Beth, I like to look at snow but not deal with it! Wishing you all a warm and snugly day. We hit close to record temps yesterday at 73! More chores around the house today. Not sure if I will watch Tom Brady and his team play today or not as I'm the only football fan in the house. We don't like that other team here as they are in the same leage as our beloved 49ers. So if we don't go to the Super Bowl then we root for the other league! LOL Go Patriots!
Beth you must look very official all geared up with uniform, radio and phone!
Have a good day all.
Velda
MandysMom

Postby SoCalGalcas » Sun Feb 01, 2015 1:57 pm

Good Morning All, Bright, slightly warm sunshine here today!!! I'm going over to the daughters to watch the game with her gang. I don't really care who wins..sorry Anita and Donna in Seattle. Hope you get feeling better Donna.
Kathleen, loved the pictures of your snow. I would like to be sitting indoors with you and looking out at it!
Ava, I read all about your daughters friend killed in that accident. What a horrible thing to happen. I believe the punishment for drunken driving is much too lenient.
My SIL felt well enough to play three hours of bridge with his friends yesterday. That was good news.
Sue, love the tails about Molly. (tales, I know)
lyn

Limits exist only in the souls of those who do not dream./Desktop/IMG_0228.jpg
SoCalGalcas

Postby IrishIroamed » Sun Feb 01, 2015 4:38 pm

Waaaaay after morning here, but the morning pretty much got away from me. Shoveled twice so far. Thank goodness for the guy across the street that helped shovel out the bottom of the driveway, and then the second time out (after the plow went by), a nice guy with a plow on the front end of his pick-up, plowed the bottom of the driveway for what the snow plow did. He drove away with just a wave. Guess there are still some nice peeps around.

Yes, was a fun day with Kathy yesterday. First time using my binoculars I bought in the Fall. Think I'm doing something wrong with them because I keep seeing a dark circle around what I can see thru them. Need to practice more. I didn't get any pics of the eagles we saw either, but did get some others if you're curious, I posted them. http://irishiroamiwrite.blogspot.com/

Have a good day everyone. If you're in the snow zone, stay put. No need to take unnecessary chances. If you're on the road ~ stay safe.
Cheryl
Today me will live in the moment unless it's unpleasant in which case me will eat a cookie ~~~Cookie Monster

IrishIroamed

Postby WickedLady » Sun Feb 01, 2015 4:46 pm

Maybe you need to spread the lenses further apart.
WickedLady

Postby Bethers » Sun Feb 01, 2015 4:54 pm

Looks like you two had a great day, Cheryl! You might not have gotten the eagles pictures but you did see some. And you saw so much more! Neat. And great pics.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby bluepinecones » Sun Feb 01, 2015 10:40 pm

Thanks for the photos
The only major handicap in life is a bad attitude!
bluepinecones

Return to Morning Coffee