Last Day of January

Let's start our day with a good morning here.

Last Day of January

Postby Colliemom » Sat Jan 31, 2015 7:54 am

Good Morning everyone,

O'Sharon, no Molly didn't let me sleep in yesterday. She has me on a schedule now. Potty call is now around 4:30 a.m. and Get Up call is 6:15-30 a.m. :roll: :lol: t But one nice thing is that she is now holding at night for all of 6-7 hours which is great for a pup who will only be 4 months old next week. And she's sleeping most of the night now too. I was lurking on here yesterday, but just didn't have anything to post about. Same old here.

Looks like you gals in the central plains, IL, IN and up through OH, PA and into the seaboard are in for quite a storm starting late tonight through Monday. This one is going to hit the southern part of the state but will miss us up here in the north.

Sarah, glad to see you made it safely to McIntosh and were able to visit with Tina and Nan before they pull out. louise (HavingFunNow), glad you are home safely from your vacation to FL, Martha, glad surgery is over. Carolb, you sound like are really enjoying being in AZ. Beth is all settled into her new digs for next two months. See there's some snow down that part of the country too. Donna, enjoying Wickham. So everybody seems to be okay other than Lyn's daughter who has her hands full out therein CA. Prayers to your family.

I've got bacon, eggs, sausage and toast here this morning for anybody who wants some. Or can just make toast. You gals in central/northern IL and IN had better get thee to a store and stock up as you might not be going anywhere for a while if the forecast the Weather Channel is predicting holds true. As for me here, I am just going to spend the day working on my jigsaw puzzle and playing with Molly. We will probably go for a walk later today as we haven't been able to the past couple of days due to the snow in the road out here but it is now plowed so much easier walking. Neighbor and I are going out for dinner later today. Had pizza with her and her son's family last night.

Time to move on here and let the rest of you get your posts in. Have a nice day everyone and keep warm, dry and safe in the path of this next storm. :)
Sue and the Furry Crew
Colliemom

Re: Last Day of January

Postby dayspring39 » Sat Jan 31, 2015 8:44 am

Good Morning Sue and Molly and everyone else... Sounds like that cute little bundle of fur is doing good...
Shadow and I are not resting like we should... will get better soon...
Glad Sarah is visiting friends in McIntosh... that little town was a nice place to ride my trike... did not do the hills but the other area was great...
Not looking forward to the snow storm but I have a lot of great food that Margie made for me... fireplace is keeping me warm what else could I wish for...
Have a great day while you can....
Kathleen or Kathy

Use today wisely it's all you have; yesterday is a memory; tomorrow a dream... KLW[/b][/color]
dayspring39

Postby grammynmaggie » Sat Jan 31, 2015 8:46 am

Good morning Sue and all....another wonderful day here...70 today with a few clouds....going to stay at dads and do laundry today and a few chores...need milk so will go for that...and hope I don't spend any more $$$ at WM...cant seem to get out of that store with only what I went for...touched base with Gloria yesterday and she will be most likely be passing thru here tomorrow..so hope we can do lunch...then the super bowl...hope to go out and about again on Monday...I still have to rest my back and be very carful but home on wheels I can do that just about anywhere...25 days and on to Hardee Lake GTG... 8-) have a fun filled day and stay safe...donna
grammynmaggie

Postby avalen » Sat Jan 31, 2015 8:56 am

good morning ladies
its been a very emotional week for me and the emotions of course are not over yet. For those not on facebook, my
daughter lost a friend and co-worker a few days ago to a wrong way (drunk) driver on the freeway as she was coming
home from work at the end of her night shift. She leaves behind the love of her life husband and two little boys. I
met Megan Lange at Andreas baby shower two+ years ago and she had left such an impression on me that I remembered
who she was from just that one meeting. I'm truly very sad. But I am still here and the days will pass.
Somewhere with Ava and Maggie
avalen

Postby BirdbyBird » Sat Jan 31, 2015 9:40 am

(((( hug ))))) for you Ava which I know that you are already supporting you daughter and her friend's family as is your wonderful nature. The longer we make it through this life, from experience, we understand that we will live through these slings and arrows to the heart but that realization does little to ease the hurt and darkness that can over come us. We just learn to keep breathing (hugging our animals seems to help, too.)

Sue, you have more patience than I do or just make different choices than I do. :) I do my best to train puppies to my schedule as soon as practical. That is why I crate train my pups. I have had 4 month old pups make it through the night just fine. They are happy and I am happy. They get plenty of free play time and snuggle time though the day. As they get older they earn greater house privileges even sleeping on beds, etc. By then they know to wait until I get up. (Unless it is an emergency...those whines still can get my attention fast, because I know they don't ask until it is really important!) :roll: :shock:
Tina and the furry companions...Lark, Audrey and Jane
BirdbyBird

Postby Othersharon » Sat Jan 31, 2015 10:13 am

Ava, so sorry to heard about your daughter's friend. Good that you are there to help your daughter through this sad time.
Sue, my guys have me trained too! Luckily they are older so early mornings or middle of the nights don't happen very often. If they start stirring around at night I know I'd better let them out! And then some days if I'm up early they sleep in for awhile! Silly boys!

We are under a storm watch starting tomorrow afternoon into Monday. My area is calling for 6 to 12. Blah! Kathleen, glad you are all cozy and ready for whatever you get with this storm. Gee, maybe it'll fizzle out before it gets here!

Donna, I know what you mean about going to the store! I never seem to get out with just what I went for! And I need to do some running today. I think I have enough dog food for several days but it's getting pretty low so need to go to Petco and get more just in case. Then a stop at the grocery store. Between the storm and Super Bowl, I imagine it'll be crowded. Put a smile on my face and go for it! So with that plan in place, I'd better get to it! For those of you in the path of this storm, stay warm and safe. And (sigh) for those of you in the warmth, enjoy your day!!
Othersharon

Postby judi » Sat Jan 31, 2015 12:55 pm

Oh Ava, I'm so sorry to hear of the loss of your daughter's friend. How very difficult it must be for all of you. Wishing you peace.
Judi
Portland, Oregon
perpetualmotionrv.blogspot.com

'You have brains in your head,
you have feet in your shoes,
you can steer yourself
any direction you choose." Dr Seuss
judi

Postby dayspring39 » Sat Jan 31, 2015 3:17 pm

{{{{Hugs Ava}}}}
Kathleen or Kathy

Use today wisely it's all you have; yesterday is a memory; tomorrow a dream... KLW[/b][/color]
dayspring39

Postby MandysMom » Sat Jan 31, 2015 4:03 pm

Ava I'm so sorry for your daughters loss and yours. Prayers for their families. Just a few weeks ago on I 80 near us 3 young people 2 still in HS and their friend who had graduated last year were killed by another young man driving drunk the wrong way on the freeway early in the morning. The highway patrol has come on tv several times since with this warning. The most dangerous time to be on roads is from 2a.m. Until daylight. If you must be out esp while its dark, Never Never drive in the fast lane if it's a multi lane road. Drive in the middle lane if at all possible. He explained that impaired drivers muddled brains tell them to drive the slow lane which is to your far right. So most head on collisions on freeways occur in the fast lane which is the perceived slow lane to an impaired driver. I had never thought of that and in fact others have said the fast lane is safest but it's not true.
Hope this little lesson saves someone though it can't help the families of either the 3 young people here or the two who Ava knew. May God surround all the involved families with comfort and love.
Velda
MandysMom

Postby Bethers » Sat Jan 31, 2015 5:15 pm

Velda, the police near Ava have issued that same warning - and I was just reporting that on FB after the crash. It's good to know at any time - but particularly after dark.

The only time I was ever on a freeway with a driver going the wrong way was during rush hour in Minneapolis - and boy were we all scrambling to move around him - as he just kept coming with cars coming at him from every direction. I forget now how the police got him, but miraculously no one was injured and no accidents occurred. I still can't figure out how we all escaped unscathed.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby Acadianmom » Sat Jan 31, 2015 7:44 pm

Ava, sorry to hear about your daughter's friend. It seems like in Louisiana that there are very little consequences for people that drink and drive. We hear all the time about people with 4 and 5 DUI's causing accidents and killing someone. If they are sent to jail it's only for a short time and some are back out doing it again.

I made a fast trip to my sister's today to take their Christmas presents. Some of the presents were for her granddaughters and I was afraid they would out grow the clothes I got them if I didn't bring them. We have rain coming tonight and tomorrow and next weekend it's suppose to be colder. I usually go in my motorhome and spend the night. I have to park in her yard and didn't want to take a chance on getting stuck. A few hours of listening to gun and car talk from her boys is about all I can stand anyway. :roll:

Martha
Martha
2010 Coach House
Acadianmom

Postby BarbaraRose » Sat Jan 31, 2015 9:57 pm

Don't forget to say "RABBITS" after midnight!!!

Was really busy all day at work. Barely had time to sit down at all. After work I went to the potluck at my apartment complex for our late Christmas party. It was nice, with good food but kind of subdued for a party. I went upstairs and got the ferrets and brought them down, to add some excitement to the mood. The ferrets enjoyed being passed around and held by most everyone there. They even got their picture taken for the party album!

My dad is home now and doing pretty good. We have a home care nurse coming in 3 days a week. We will see how cooperative my dad continues to be in the coming weeks/months. We will also see how cooperative my brothers continue to be in the coming weeks/months. :roll:

Looks like we got missed by the big snow storm that is now headed east of here. We need the moisture here tho. Would rather have the snow than the bitter cold.
Barbie, Romeow, and Sophie, missing Lola! (and lots of ferrets running around in my heart!)

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"
-Anatole France
BarbaraRose

Return to Morning Coffee