Snowy Friday

Let's start our day with a good morning here.

Friday Desert Rain

Postby carolb » Fri Jan 30, 2015 9:09 am

G'morning all :)

Sarah, so glad you have that first leg of your trip behind you--especially starting out with little sleep & many pains :( . Martha, surgery over! Hooray for you! Kathleen, hope you're feeling better soon...Cheryl, belated happy bday!

Lyn, was an "interesting" time at Mittry Lake for sure, but I really enjoyed that extra one-on-one time with you & Casey (& Zipper). Glad you're home safely....After parting ways, I found a wonderful off-leash dog park where I spent most of yesterday--but yes, rain this a.m. Hopefully it won't last all day. Think I'll do more dog park before I head out of here later today. Although I may spend another nite here in Yuma.

BJ, I've missed you here on MC-- everything going well for you? Hope everyone else is doing well, too! Y'all have a great day & be safe! 8-)
carolb

Re: Friday Desert Rain

Postby Redetotry » Fri Jan 30, 2015 9:36 am

Good Morning All, I've been here Carol, you must have missed my Wednesday post. All is well here though I have to call Mediacom today :( :( about our TV. DH removed the Apple TV and replaced it with the new Amazon Fire Stick I think it is called. I came in when he was almost done but he wasn't sure how to complete the set up. I guess two heads weren't really all that great as we got it to work but when we turned it off and switched back to watch regular TV, the remote won't change channels. I was surprised to find on the newer TV's there are no buttons of any kind, every thing has to be done on the remote.
Sarah, I'm glad you got on the road, wish I had your determination! Hope everyone has a good day.
Redetotry
BJ
Redetotry

Snowy Friday

Postby Othersharon » Fri Jan 30, 2015 9:37 am

Good morning all! Sue, the pup must have let you sleep a little longer this morning! I got up to more snow and wind. Gonna be fun shoveling it when I get out there, it'll probably blow all over the place. It appears to be a light, fluffy snow this round. But want to get to it before the temps start going down in the next few hours. Sure hope we get some sun and warmer temps soon, I'm running out of places to put it! The piles are getting high! Ah well, winter in PA!

Beth, sounds like you may have an interesting couple of months! Sarah, glad you made it to your destination last night. Heading to warmer temps is a good thing! Relax and enjoy the journey! Getting everything ready to go is always my stress point! Once I'm going it always feels so much better! I admit I do spend the first little while on the road wondering if I packed everything I'll need or think I'll need!

Hoping everyone with health problems are feeling better today. And if you're traveling, be safe! I have coffee and breakfast stuff so feel free to stop by! The shoveling can wait!! :roll:
Othersharon

Postby SoCalGalcas » Fri Jan 30, 2015 9:50 am

Good Morning All, It is good to be home. And, sprinkles in San Diego!!! Glad there having more rain in the desert Carolb. Altho I hope you get to go to that dog park again in Yuma.
Talked to my daughter on Skype this morning. (Isn't that a marvelous service!) Their friends are bring meals to then so Val hasn't had to cook very often. Larry is in pain, and going to talk with the doc about pain meds. Other than that, they are doing as well as can be expected.
My plans are to get the truck serviced, cleaned thoroughly, and ready to go back to Healdsburg when Val calls.
All this desert rain will bring great wildflowers in the spring!!
lyn

Limits exist only in the souls of those who do not dream./Desktop/IMG_0228.jpg
SoCalGalcas

Postby gingerK » Fri Jan 30, 2015 9:51 am

BJ, funny you should say that about new TVs and remotes, for over 30 yrs. we had a big ol' console TV and had to walk over to it to change stations and adjust the volume. When we got the Direct TV, the remote would change stations but we still had to go adjust the sound. For Christmas this past year we got a new big screen and as you said everything works through the remote. But I still find myself halfway across the livingroom trying to turn it on/off or sound up/down!
Any day spent in the company of my animals is a good day.
gingerK

Re: Snowy Friday

Postby chalet05 » Fri Jan 30, 2015 11:07 am

Well, since Carob posted the earliest, I typed my reply. I went to submit it and got 'doesn't exist' apparently because the 2 MCs had been combined. Too lazy to type it all again. So I will just say 'Good Morning'!!
Anita
chalet05

Postby Bethers » Fri Jan 30, 2015 11:10 am

The light rains of yesterday turned into heavier rains overnight and don't show any signs of abating in the Arizona mountains. It's a high fire watch here, so this might help there. Even Peaches isn't showing signs of wanting to get up yet! Guess we'll get wet today.

I desperately need top clean the rig inside, so this will be the perfect day to do so. Weather is showing one more day of this. I'm selfishly hoping clears up some for my first work day.

Sorry, Anita, you must have posted the same time I was merging! But your back button should have taken you back to what you typed and you could have copied it. Should, no guarantees.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby chalet05 » Fri Jan 30, 2015 11:29 am

No, Beth, it didn't and of course, I forgot to copy it.
Anita
chalet05

Postby grammynmaggie » Fri Jan 30, 2015 12:28 pm

Good morning all.....what a wonderful/beautiful day here on the east coast of central Florida!!! ...we are parked at Wickham again today..walking...exercising and just enjoying the wonder of it all...could be that I am feeling sooooooo much better...still have some pain but not like before...might even look for a geocache or two this afternoon...I did make a couple blog post last few days and another just now if you want to take a look see...everyone have a fun filled day and be safe...donna ;)
grammynmaggie

Postby MelissaD » Fri Jan 30, 2015 1:50 pm

Some of the new TV's appear not to have any controls on them but sometimes there's a little door you an open or on my latest TV there are hidden controls (touch sensitive areas) on the right side of the case that you can not see unless you knew they were there. But yes, without the remotes they are pretty useless.

Hope everyone has a great day.
MelissaD

Postby JudyJB » Fri Jan 30, 2015 3:57 pm

Because I wNted Sirius satellite radio, the dealer put in an aftermarket radio/backup camera. It has no dials and I still can barely operate it. I touched some of the screen controls last week and I now have either a backup camera or a radio!!! And the 60 page instruction booklet is impossible. Help!! I am about to try to replace it with something with real tuning knobs.
JudyJB
http://grandmajjb.blogspot.com/
https://2022humongousukadventure.blogspot.com/
"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts." Mark Twain.
JudyJB

Location: In various COE and state parks in Florida for winter.

Postby Redetotry » Fri Jan 30, 2015 5:26 pm

TV is all fixed! The call to Mediacom didn't take as long as I had thought and the lady told me how to fix it right away I had called last night and had been told the exact opposite of what the lady today said. :? I did find one button underneath the front of the TV but didn't find any hidden boxes or places that seemed to open. Just glad it is working and we like the Amazon Fire Stick. Much easier to use than the Apple TV.
Redetotry
BJ
Redetotry

Postby bluepinecones » Fri Jan 30, 2015 8:50 pm

Just checking in.
Discovered last night that I left all my frozen food, grrrr! I can replace the steam in microwave veggies but not the meals I had prepared so I wouldn't have to eat so much processed stuff (I don't cook in rig other than microwave). I did have a poached chicken breast that wasn't frozen so that was both lunch and dinner yesterday.

Drove further than I normally try in a day and made it to McIntosh, FL just before dark. Got set up then Liz, Carol, Tina, Nan and I went to dinner (excellent Italian place nearby). Nan and Tina will be leaving over weekend and I wanted to be sure I got to visit with them even if a short while. I'm staying for a week as Liz and Carol will be here. May have a slight problem here as there are lots of cats roaming around - Nicky is not cat friendly. Not sure yet what/where is next.
The only major handicap in life is a bad attitude!
bluepinecones

Return to Morning Coffee