Chilly Wednesday Morning

Let's start our day with a good morning here.

Chilly Wednesday Morning

Postby Colliemom » Wed Jan 28, 2015 7:58 am

Good Morning Everyone,

Balmy -4 here this morning. Seems chilly is the word for a lot of folks other than the plains states, who seem to have a record warming trend out there. Folks out east slowing digging out.

Got roused out of my bed this morning by a very energetic, bright eyed and bushy tailed fur kid who was more than ready to tackle this day :lol: Doesn't matter if we were up at 3 a.m. for potty calls and I want to sleep some more. Now she's gone back to bed :lol: Hmmm, maybe I should too.

Have the breakfast larder restocked, so have eggs, bacon, sausage, bananas, toast, milk, tea, hot cocoa etc. available. Just order up and it's all yours. Will have to fix you own if you get up too late though as I'm heading to town to do some laundry and run a couple of errands. Looks to be little snowy for part of tomorrow, so can just stay in. No big deal though, maybe 1-3 inches. First snow in 3 weeks.

So you all have a nice day out there. Keep warm, safe and dry.
Sue and the Furry Crew
Colliemom

Re: Chilly Wednesday Morning

Postby bluepinecones » Wed Jan 28, 2015 8:57 am

Good Morning
Going to be a hectic day for me. Managed to get most other critical things done that were in the way of my escape but have not got clothes, food, etc together yet. Still have to go to bank, PO, grocery store, then to campground to get everything loaded into Magic and come home then get ride back to campground before dark. Will spend the night there and head south in the morning. Nicky got check up and bath yesterday so he's ready but doesn't know it yet.
Have a good day.
The only major handicap in life is a bad attitude!
bluepinecones

Postby gingerK » Wed Jan 28, 2015 8:59 am

Good Morning Sue and Molly!

Getting a move on here myself; meeting Carrie for a quick shopping trip and if I have enough time I might go to Sam's. Trying to figure out what to cook for dinner tonight. Maybe if I get to Sam's I'll grab one of their rotisserie chickens.

My Greyhound's Mom texted me last night that she was working from home today, could I please switch Wed. for Fri.? No problem, that's my least busy day so I texted back "sure".

Sun's up here, no snow in the forcast for today (I think; I don't always remember what they forcast. After a while it all runs together in my head!)

Quite pleased with myself yesterday, I am not really technical on the computer but I was playing around with our logo for the bodyshop and managed to upload it to Vistaprint for using it as a business card. But don't ask me how I did it! LOL Anyway, I think it looks pretty good and I ordered more cards (of course!). We had been using a standard image from their site but I've always wanted to try to get our logo on them instead. So Yay, me!

Breakfast was light here, bagel, cream cheese and coffee. If you want more than that, head to Sue's!

Good day everyone,
Kathy

Aha! Sarah snuck in while I was busy polishing up my post! Good morning, Sarah!
Any day spent in the company of my animals is a good day.
gingerK

Postby grammynmaggie » Wed Jan 28, 2015 9:04 am

good morning everyone wall to wall sunshine here today I'm going to the church and start working on Christmas ornaments for the church bazaar in November they work every Wednesday I'm glad you are heading south Sarah I'm sure it will be warm up here for your arrival safe travels got to go now see y'all later
grammynmaggie

Postby Redetotry » Wed Jan 28, 2015 9:35 am

Good Morning Sue and all who are just waking up. I had a dream an alarm was going off this morning and it was so real I woke up, strange. It was almost time to get up so glad it wasn't in the middle of the night. Sue,sounds like you have found like I have, that it is hard to resist the exuberance of a puppy even if it is too early. Thankfully we are in the warmish zone and should hit 50 today.
I have a semi busy day planned, a lady that I have seen before is coming for me to do hypnosis/reiki for high blood pressure. She is seeing a doctor but the drugs aren't working. While the last session with her helped for a few days, I think if she doesn't start to exercise, lower her stress levels and make changes in her eating habits, nothing is going to help. Hopefully I can get her to understand that during the session today. I wonder if the doctors make those types of suggestions or they just keep increasing the drugs. After that, I am meeting a friend for coffee so I"m looking forward to having a fun reason for getting out.
I took Mitzi for a car ride to the dog food store yesterday. They also do doggy day care and boarding, well, she did not want to get out of the car and planted her little feet firmly. It is amazing how hard it is to move one of these little ones when they assume this stance, it's like they are magnetically attached to something. I finally got a grip on her and due to her wriggling sort of ended up tossing her out on her head rather than lifting her. When we got inside I think every dog in the place was barking as those out in the play area had started up as we headed inside. She did not want a treat nor did she want to meet anyone, she just wanted to leave. While I was trying to pay she started jumping on the door causing the door bell sound to go off several times before I could get my foot planted on the leash so she couldn't move. Yes, I need to get that one out in public more. :oops:

Good Morning to Sarah, Donna and Kathy who have arrived as I've been typing. Good work on the Logo Kathy, you sound like me, sometimes I have no idea how I did something on this computer. Donna must be a big Christmas bazaar if you all are starting work now. Sarah so glad to hear you and Nicky are heading out to join the others!! Sort of wish I were going along.
Redetotry
BJ
Redetotry

Postby BarbaraRose » Wed Jan 28, 2015 12:00 pm

Good morning ladies!
Cloudy but warm here. 27* Warm for a few more days and then back into the polar plunge! But we have had an awesomely warm and pleasant January, so no complaints here! I should have my kayak in the lake in 10-12 weeks! Yay!

My dad is going home tomorrow morning. He has agreed to accepting home care. We will see how long that lasts tho. I am also afraid I will end up doing most of the running around for him once he gets settled in back home. My brothers tend to slack off once the crisis is over.

Did my taxes and am getting a nice sized refund back. As much as I would love to put it towards a camper, I really need to stick to my plan and get my bills paid off first. I am finally making a good dent in my debt and want to keep going with it. (Ava has been a great inspiration for me in this area! Thanks Ava! Now if I could just get her motivation for other areas such as cleaning! :lol: ).

Hope you all have a great day! :D
Barbie, Romeow, and Sophie, missing Lola! (and lots of ferrets running around in my heart!)

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"
-Anatole France
BarbaraRose

Postby Bethers » Wed Jan 28, 2015 3:04 pm

Very good and smart move/decision Barbie. Get yourself debt free and then save for the purchase.

BJ, I giggled all through your post..

I'm sitting at La Mesa RV. Looks like I should have brought the car. All the scheduled items wouldn't take long, but I showed then something with the body that looks like possibly separation of some sort and that requires different people and they want to make sure of what might be causing it. It might not get fixed today, but hopefully they'll figure it out and when they get my replacement screen door in I'll be able to make the trip back for both to be handled. At least they provide lunch.

I am going to be contacting Winnebago. I want a medicine cabinet where my bathroom mirror is. All these months later they now tell me Winnebago says no, that the weight can't go on that wall. I want to hear it from them.

I've had fun walking through a bunch of rv's. Still didn't see anything that would have gotten my attention more than what I bought. It's perfect for me in most ways.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Return to Morning Coffee