Its that day again, Saturday :-)

Let's start our day with a good morning here.

Its that day again, Saturday :-)

Postby avalen » Sat Jan 24, 2015 7:58 am

well good morning everybody
getting my last minute stuff done, packing the car and soon to head out to Q. I have directions for where they all are but also have phone numbers just in case someone needs to talk me in, :lol: cause I didn't see the sign to nowhere, :lol:
Looking forward to this trip :D so not sitting on the computer for long, have things to do. Ya'll enjoy your day.
Somewhere with Ava and Maggie
avalen

Re: Its that day again, Saturday :-)

Postby Colliemom » Sat Jan 24, 2015 8:14 am

Good Morning Alice and all,

Sounds like a fun day coming up at Q. Nothing much coming up here today. Should clean house. Need to get motivated. See Judy made her reservations for June GTG. I'm starting to think reservations for summer stays as well. Thinking of maybe heading back up to Keweenaw Peninsula in August again. Debating about heading out west. Lots rolling around in my mind. Too bad it's not real wheels rolling or would have done lots of miles by now :lol:

You all have a nice, fun and safe day today. For those having health issues, especially Kathleen, hope you feel better soon.
Sue and the Furry Crew
Colliemom

Postby JudyJB » Sat Jan 24, 2015 9:04 am

Still in bed this morning. Rain stopped but very windy so may not be able to ride bike into town for farmers market. I have had a very sore and swollen thumb for past week so i might pack up and find an urgent care place. Took a pain pill in middle of night and been taking aleve and aspirin all week. I think it is related to carpal tunnel problems and surgery. Hate to have to drive out in my big rig but think I should. Just feel lazy today.
JudyJB
http://grandmajjb.blogspot.com/
https://2022humongousukadventure.blogspot.com/
"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts." Mark Twain.
JudyJB

Postby Bethers » Sat Jan 24, 2015 10:07 am

I'll be headed out to the laundromat shortly. I managed to spill on the bed just before heading to bed last night. Stripped it and slept on the couch to be sure anything that got through to the mattresses would dry. I'm hoping everyone else in Q doesn't decide to do laundry also.

See you soon, Alice.

Take care of that thumb, Judy.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby grammynmaggie » Sat Jan 24, 2015 11:28 am

good morning everyone rained last night and early this morning but now the sun is shining most of the time along with big time wind....you have to watch on opening a door and it doesn't blow out of your hand ...yesterday was my last PT day and I did laundry and I guess that's about all...was not planning on a day trip today because the weather man was calling for rain...so I guess I will save it until tomorrow..think I will work on some fun things so everyone one fun-filled day and be safe
grammynmaggie

Postby JudyJB » Sat Jan 24, 2015 11:41 am

Called two urgent care places. One does not do cortisone injections. Other one has someone on Monday but no place to park my rig, so may wait until I can get to my cousins in a few days. Or I need to go to larger emergency room next week. Might just find orthopedic surgeon on MOnday or later next week. Sore but not an emergency.
JudyJB
http://grandmajjb.blogspot.com/
https://2022humongousukadventure.blogspot.com/
"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts." Mark Twain.
JudyJB

Postby MandysMom » Sat Jan 24, 2015 1:21 pm

Sorry your hand is hurting Judy, hope you find relief soon.
Sounds like a fun day in the Q, wish we were there!
Hubby did day 8 of radiation yesterday, so far he's ok, now the blessing of the weekend and no freeway drive. Past two days were slow rides home with a street sweeper in fast lane one day ( can't do at night due to danger of lack of visibility so do between morning and afternoon rush hours creating a nice 7 mile backup!!) and a bad accident including a car fire on opposite side so our heading home side had to slow to look, of course, yesterday. It's good to have a quiet day to dream of camping in future.
Have a good day all.
Velda
MandysMom

Postby Acadianmom » Sat Jan 24, 2015 1:30 pm

Have fun Ava. Wish I was going with you.

We have sun for a change. Yesterday it was so gray and messy that it felt like Chili weather but I didn't get any made. So this morning I put a pot of Chili on. I thought about making a meatloaf but I would eat too much if I made that.

I started my eye drops this morning so looks like the surgery is going to happen. I would rather be camping. I hate to volunteer for surgery but might as well see better sooner than later.

No plans for today. I would like to go to Lafayette but I don't really need anything and I don't want to go by myself. If I get ambitious I might go in the old house and move a shelving unit. I want to see if the bins in there will fit on the shelves before I buy any more shelves. I need to label the bins so I don't have to go through every one when I'm looking for something.

Martha
Martha
2010 Coach House
Acadianmom

Postby gingerK » Sat Jan 24, 2015 3:33 pm

Not morning anymore, but thought I'd post about my RV shopping excursion. Not good! The poor thing was a total wreck. The only good part was the engine which started up right away and didn't sound as though it had any knocks or pings and the exhaust was clean. As I was looking underneath at the trailer hitch I spotted a slow drip drip drip coming down from somewhere. That and the condition were enough to make me say my "thank you for your time and letting us look...." speech. Not a total waste of time though, we went shopping at a local Rural King store and met up with a friend of Vickie's who lives nearby. Had a nice visit with her and her husband. When I got home, DH was replacing the bathroom faucet, something I've been wanting to get done since way before Christmas, so all in all a good day, I think!
Any day spent in the company of my animals is a good day.
gingerK

Postby BarbaraRose » Sat Jan 24, 2015 8:01 pm

Yesterday one of our stylists got mad, quit and walked out. Had to work her shift today (my day off :roll: ) and it was busy. Took a long nap when I got home. Now I don't feel like doing anything I had planned for today. Just got a call (voicemail) from a friend who wants a haircut tonight. No way! No more haircuts PLEASE! :evil: I had wanted to frost my hair today but definitely don't feel like doing that now either.

Staying very warm out for this time of year. Still 36* now after sunset and supposed to hit mid 40's on Monday. No one here is complaining! (except maybe the snowmobilers).

Have a good night!
Barbie, Romeow, and Sophie, missing Lola! (and lots of ferrets running around in my heart!)

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"
-Anatole France
BarbaraRose

Return to Morning Coffee