Another Friday Morning

Let's start our day with a good morning here.

Another Friday Morning

Postby Colliemom » Fri Jan 23, 2015 7:42 am

Good Morning Everyone,

Gee, the next to last Friday of January already. Didn't we just celebrate New Years :roll: But my favorite month of winter is coming, so that's something to look forward to. I love February as it's a short month and usually the weather is lovely her in Northern Michigan although January this year has been great too. Way more sun then we usually get and very little in the way of snow.

Donna, you can send some of the orange blossom smell up here too. I always love blossom time in the spring. When the cherry blossoms, whether wild or eating cherry trees bloom, it's beautiful as are the apple trees, the which of I will miss the spring due to my loss of my big apple tree in last Septembers storm.

Haven't seen too many posts on here of late. Guess everybody's just busy with usual day to day activities. Same here. Bought a new jigsaw puzzle yesterday and am starting on that. Molly has been full of heck of late, so been keeping me busy too. Must be getting spring fever or something :lol: Camper shows are starting up too. Days are slowly getting longer etc.

Haven't got much in the breakfast offerings this morning, running down here. Will stock up on Sunday. Maybe somebody else has more to offer, sorry. Thinking about going out for fish dinner today, so you are welcome to come along on that if you want.

See on FB that Tina's Audrey is really pulling in the awards at the FL dog show. Way to go. Will be a Champion before long. Ava, hope your doctors appt. turned out to be some good news on your arm and shoulder. Q GTG almost over already, seems like it just got started. Guess eyes will be turning to the FL one next month. Then on to spring and summer doings.

Wishing you all a nice day out there and keep safe those of you who are driving and working.
Sue and the Furry Crew
Colliemom

Re: Another Friday Morning

Postby dayspring39 » Fri Jan 23, 2015 9:43 am

Just a quick hello... oatmeal and blueberries and a wonderful honey bell... coffee also...
have a great day
Kathleen or Kathy

Use today wisely it's all you have; yesterday is a memory; tomorrow a dream... KLW[/b][/color]
dayspring39

Postby grammynmaggie » Fri Jan 23, 2015 10:40 am

good morning sue and Kathleen and everyone else...nice day here this morning but big storm coming later today and tomorrow...living in Florida kind of takes a kick out of spring
did another day trip at Wickham park yesterday had a pretty good... day fixed the screen that keeps the wasps out of my refrigerator vent it fell off..walked around a lot and did a little reading nice fun day with my Maggie girl...also did some update on my blog if you want to look...anyway have a fun filled day and be safe...don na
grammynmaggie

Postby avalen » Fri Jan 23, 2015 11:46 am

good morning :D
my doctors appt went well yesterday, confirmed the osteo arthritis and he wants to do an ultrasound on the
shoulder before we decide to do the cortizone shot. The problem with the bicep is tendonitis and its caused
by the arthritis. I thought the bicep thing started first but he said no, the shoulder thing caused the bicep
thing. Chances are I've had the arthritis in my shoulder for a long time but never knew it until the tendonitis
and the pain moving up to the shoulder. The cortizone shot will help the shoulder but will do nothing for the
tendonitis, however he said if I get a bicep rupture, (feel a pop and get a buldge) that would be a good thing
cause then surgery can fix it. :shock: :? Told him NO, I don't want surgery, I just want the pain to go away.
Also talked about proper exercises so as not to cause any damage, but thats after the ultrasound and then
he will get me started on that. In the meantime, continue with the aleve, l x every 8 hours and ok on occasion
when severe to take two, but only once. I'm determined to get this tendonitis under control cause I really
don't want surgery, as I feel that would lay me up too long and then the whole not using my arm thing will
start all over like when I had my elbow surgery. My brain is telling me....in a nutshell, crap I'm getting old.
Lots to do today, pull some items out of the shed, fill the propane bottles, do some cooking :o , rearrange
the car, grab my chair, and oh so many other things to get done. Loving this type of stress. :D
Enough from me, ya'll have a great day.
Somewhere with Ava and Maggie
avalen

Postby grammynmaggie » Fri Jan 23, 2015 11:52 am

isn't getting old fun.... NOT !
grammynmaggie

Postby Acadianmom » Fri Jan 23, 2015 12:20 pm

Hope the ladies in Florida miss the big rain. It started raining about noon yesterday and rained most of the night. It would come in bands and rain hard for a while and then slack off. I was surprised that we only got 2 inches total. There is still a line of rain in East Texas but doesn't look like much. Our ponds are running over again. I should go fishing and see how big the fish are. I just hate to clean fish.

I need to go to the court house and get an address for the property my son wants to move his trailer to. I wish things didn't have to be elevated 8' here or I would move him next door so he could help Harold when I'm not here. He had to come fix the TV the last time I left. Harold was pissed off this morning when I got up because he had two of the TV's on the wrong channels and couldn't get Directv. Direct has changed the way to get the local weather on the HD receiver. I showed him how to get to it but I know he's going to mess up the TV's if he tries it. :roll:

Ava, hope you can get some relief for you shoulder. My husband has had many surgeries and his shoulder surgery was the worst. I have noticed that my shoulder hasn't been hurting for a while. Some times it aches like a tooth ache. I have to remember not to buy 40 lb buckets of cat litter and pick it up with my right arm. Sometimes I can move my arm in a certain way and I get a pain like an electric shock. It must be a nerve that gets pinched or something.

Sue, it looks like 2015 is going to fly by like 2014. You know the old saying, time picks up speed when you're over the hill. :lol:

Martha
Martha
2010 Coach House
Acadianmom

Postby chalet05 » Fri Jan 23, 2015 2:49 pm

Good Afternoon,

We have a cool day in Quartzsite as people come and go. I have the furnace going! Sue, the GTG will last a bit longer for some of us. Ava, looking forward to your visit tomorrow!! We'll have a talk about needy men. :lol: Hope you can get some relief from the pain. Martha, I learned not to touch remotes at my girls' homes - I always do something wrong!! Donna, glad you got to spend a fun day.
Anita
chalet05

Postby Bethers » Fri Jan 23, 2015 6:59 pm

Ava, if you want to spend the night tomorrow, my couch is available. Then you could come with to Parker on Sunday, too. Needy man can do without you for an extra day!
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby avalen » Fri Jan 23, 2015 7:30 pm

whats in Parker? That sounds like a good weekend for me :D Thanks Beth, I'll bring Maggies kennel so I can put her in it, I was actually thinking of sleeping in my car.
I googled it, looks great!
Somewhere with Ava and Maggie
avalen

Postby bluepinecones » Fri Jan 23, 2015 9:11 pm

Good evening
I've about had it and am throwing in the towel. Shooting for getting out of here Wed or Thus next week. Have cancelled all appointments except 2 which are early next week - 1 for me and 1 for Nicky. Tired of seeming endless round of medical test. Both nieces are over whatever crud they had and functioning again. Have taken care of things that broke elsewhere; some things still need attention at my house but will wait until I return. As for continuing the medical test, will do when I get back as well. Not like doctors are looking for something that might kill me over next few months!
No, have not been able to get anyone to look at generator - place that sends someone to campground has not had anyone available to come and I have not been able to carve out a day to drive 30 miles to Decatur and back plus sit there all day while they work on it. May have to leave without getting it going and hope some of the FL ladies can recommend a place to take it while there.
Wish me luck on making it out of here.
The only major handicap in life is a bad attitude!
bluepinecones

Postby Bethers » Fri Jan 23, 2015 10:26 pm

avalen wrote:whats in Parker? That sounds like a good weekend for me :D Thanks Beth, I'll bring Maggies kennel so I can put her in it, I was actually thinking of sleeping in my car.
I googled it, looks great!

We're going to the Desert Bar in Parker. I've never been. Supposed to be a really neat place and it's only open about 6 or so hours on Saturdays and Sundays during the winter... daylight hours only.

Kewl about staying!!!!
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby Bethers » Fri Jan 23, 2015 10:29 pm

Good luck and good for you, Sarah!!!
Beth
Bethers

Postby Liz » Sat Jan 24, 2015 5:50 pm

bluepinecones wrote:Good evening

No, have not been able to get anyone to look at generator - place that sends someone to campground has not had anyone available to come and I have not been able to carve out a day to drive 30 miles to Decatur and back plus sit there all day while they work on it. May have to leave without getting it going and hope some of the FL ladies can recommend a place to take it while there.
Wish me luck on making it out of here.

Cummins Onan in Ocala is my go to for generator.
Liz
https://wheresliz2018.blogspot.com
"Life in the presence of God...is a life to be enjoyed every moment of every day." A. W. Tozer
Liz

Return to Morning Coffee