Cloudy Saturday

Let's start our day with a good morning here.

Cloudy Saturday

Postby Colliemom » Sat Jan 17, 2015 8:43 am

Good Morning,

Cloudy Saturday here at the 45th. Forecast says we are supposed to have freezing rain, hmmmmm. Shall see. Hope not. Want to go walking with Molly today. She is so enjoying them now.

Nothing new here though, same old, same old. Di run some errands yesterday and took Molly along for ride and also out to meet our groomer so she could see what that place is.

Ava, sorry to hear about fridge. Your year sounds like mine. I need a new washer and eventually a new hot water heater. And snowblower is in shop right now. Maybe we will get all the repairs out of the way early and be done with them.

Liz, sorry to hear that you apparently got the bug from CArol. Sounds like you gals in McINtosh are having a good time regardless though. Barb, nice to have that check refund and also having your premiums reduced too. Yes, good down payment on a trailer for sure. Mitch, hope you get to posting again, sure do miss your hulmor. And although it's been asked before, where's Vickie Sure do miss the doofus routines on here. Anita, sorry to see you didn't get the sites you had thought you would, but maybe the ones you have will turn out okay. Sounds nice. Hopefully your Slingshot will be there when you get to Q. Leaving the keys with Carolb, well you never know :lol:

Figured out last night that the reasons Molly wakes up and wants off my bed is not for potty calls every couple of hours, but she wants her water. May have to make her some steps so she can go down on her own. She can hold potty wise. Right now she's curled up on top of my shoes, sound asleep. She looks so content.

Enough jabbering about nothing here. Need to go get cleaned up and start my day. Looks like a run of vac and then off to work on jigsaw puzzle for awile. You all have a gret day out there, no matter what you are doing :)
Sue and the Furry Crew
Colliemom

Re: Cloudy Saturday

Postby carolb » Sat Jan 17, 2015 9:13 am

G'morning Sue and all to follow:)

Ha, Sue, just hope Molly can still hold her bladder if she starts drinkimg more water at night;) Puppy training is so fun, at least once it's over and you can look back at it with fond memories:)

Yes, much good news for you Barbie. Martha, sounds fun to babysit a colt. Do you have horse? Can't remember you ever talking about them...G'grief, more of you getting the bug :( Hope y'all are back on your feet soon. Kathy amd Cjeryl, look forward to hearing about your "eagle watch" gtg:)

Had a great visit at Q, now off to other things, then will return for the last part of the gtg. Got a.great poc of Anota pulling in with her toy!!!! Beth posted it on gtg for me--I'm still too lazy to learn how to do that. Anyway, if you enlarge it, you'll see what I mean about a GREAT pi c--what a smile!!

That's all from me:) Y'all have a great day, be safe always! Crikey, many typos and my cell won't let me go back and correct!:[
carolb

Postby avalen » Sat Jan 17, 2015 9:33 am

good morning :D
off to get ready to go to the Boyce Thompson Arboretum with a friend from Colorado. Been wanting to go there for years.
Forgot to mention, not only did my fridge go out but when we checked the batteries, they were both bulged and cracked open.
So, two new batteries did get put in on Wednesday. Will check into the fridge issue as time goes on. I do have a dormatory type for use for now.
Gotta get my hair washed and get ready to roll out of here. Ya'll have a great day and be safe.
Somewhere with Ava and Maggie
avalen

Postby IrishIroamed » Sat Jan 17, 2015 10:18 am

Mornin' Ladies and all that follow ~~~

Sue - I know you're way up yonder but finally had to Google how far 45th is . Yup - you're up there :lol: Did find a nice site for the 45th somewhere up there also. Here's a link ~ if you're interested. http://www.lifeonthe45th.com/ Beautiful pics from up there. Nice to hear Molly is doing so well on her nite times. Gotta love big dogs - bigger bladders and can wait longer for ~ well, you know ;)

Kathy (GingerK) sorry to hear there have been some health problems, but good to know test so far have had good results.

Nice to hear the gtg gals are getting healthier again and that some summer gtgs are in the works. I could maybe do the Shipshewana one. I've done it in a day trip before so not too bad of a ride.

Off to the dentist this A.M. Needing a mouth guard, too much stress at work and teeth are actually sore from grinding & clenching them too much. :x Another good reason to try to retire early.

Have a good day everyone, stay healthy (er?) and stay safe on the roads.
Cheryl
Today me will live in the moment unless it's unpleasant in which case me will eat a cookie ~~~Cookie Monster

IrishIroamed

Postby Bethers » Sat Jan 17, 2015 10:44 am

Carolb, a friend who has been to the Slabs several times reported in that when he stopped by this year they appear much more run down. Good it's not so!

I arrived in Q yesterday afternoon, but other than a quick hi to most, spent my night relaxing. Will be, hopefully, more sociable today.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby chalet05 » Sat Jan 17, 2015 11:18 am

A quick Good Morning as the balloons are pretty much done at 9:15 so we'll head down the road. Will make a couple stops, drop LeRoy off and then head to Q. Still feeling a bit bummed, along with many other SS owners, over the recall of the Slingshot. So glad they caught it though.

I'm behind reading on here - have to have quiet to read!! Did see health and dental concerns - hope nothing serious. Grinding teeth - been there!

Beth, I will be the anti social one tomorrow as football will be on! :)

I'll plan a grocery run before next weekend for whatever we need for tacos!

See some of you later.
Anita
chalet05

Postby Acadianmom » Sat Jan 17, 2015 12:37 pm

We are having a heat wave. it's 63. lol It sure beats 40.

Carolb, Harold trained horses for many years but we are down to 1 horse. He would sure like to have another one but he doesn't have any business with a young horse. Yesterday we had to help the neighbors grandson catch his grandfather's mule that he had let get out. I was so afraid Harold was going to get hurt. He can't get out of his own way. I haven't been on a horse in 25 years. I rode from high school until then. Harold doesn't believe in just riding for pleasure. I don't see any point in continually training on a horse if you are not going to show. Been there, done that. There is no joy in Mud Ville with Harold telling you how to ride.

Harold managed to break the Magic Bullet blender this morning. Somehow he got the top stuck in the motor part and broke it. I was wondering why the boot jack was on the kitchen cabinet. That's what he was working on the blender with. :roll:

I put the pork chop recipe in the crockpot this morning. This time I used stuffed pork chops. I hope it doesn't make it greasy.

I was hoping my shopping friend would call this morning. There's nothing I need but I like to go with her just to get out. More fun having a partner.

Sure would like to be with everyone in Q. You all have fun.

Martha
Martha
2010 Coach House
Acadianmom

Postby dayspring39 » Sat Jan 17, 2015 1:46 pm

Hello everyone... daughter bought me over home made chicken soup yesterday and 3 small chocolate chip cookies... soup was so good have some left for this evening... one and half cookies left too... feeling much better now...
Barbie what a great wind fall... glad for you! Cheryl you are right the words retire early are hopefully in your future... not good to be in so much turmoil over a job... I quit my job in collections when they got so bad gave up a lot of benefits but they were not worth the stress... had worked up to manager but glad I made a decision to quit... told them to take my vacation pay had 3 weeks and use it for my notice...
Oh Anita the balloons are one thing I would love to see!
Florida gals take care and hope your feeling much better... you are keeping Sportsmans Cove lively this winter for sure...
Sue Shadow still likes to get up and drink at night.. it does not bother me.. the lady that took him for me removed his water at about 6pm so he would not have to get up!! he maybe has to get up once in a blue moon for me...
Off here for now... hope you all have a great day!
Kathleen or Kathy

Use today wisely it's all you have; yesterday is a memory; tomorrow a dream... KLW[/b][/color]
dayspring39

Return to Morning Coffee