Saturday in Northern Michigan

Let's start our day with a good morning here.

Saturday in Northern Michigan

Postby Colliemom » Sat Jan 10, 2015 9:23 am

Good Morning from the 45th

Guess everybody must still be snuggled down under blankets. 9:15 and no posts yet. Gotta crawl out eventually ya know :lol:

I'm looking at a blanket of white I my drive this morning from yesterdays storm and following lake effect. About 6-8 inches I figure. So will go out and tackle that in a bit here Temp in single digits, but can handle that. Wind a bit gusty, but will just blow with the wind.

Did get Molly to vet yesterday. Roads were all snowcoverd and a bit of snow blowing around, but not bad. The usual for January here. So she got two more shots and general checkover. She's up to 18 pounds now, so you can tell she's growing. That's a gain of 9 1/2 since I got her. We go back in a month for another chekup and last of shots. Also got her nails trimmed for the first time.

Looks like everybody's dong okay for the most part out there. Anita causing fun on the freeway with idiot drivers trying to take pics of her riding her Slingshot :roll: Carolb thinking of buying a house in AZ. Barbie keeping warm in the cold up in MN. Sarah's tooth getting better. BJ, still up in air over hers yet. Gals in FL having fun, etc. GTG's being planned or getting ready to be held. Busy people we are.

There's eggs, sausage, bacon, toast, pineapple, cereal, milk etc. here this morning, so help yourself. As for me, I am heading out to the snow. Have a nice day all :)
Sue and the Furry Crew
Colliemom

Re: Saturday in Northern Michigan

Postby asirimarco » Sat Jan 10, 2015 9:55 am

Good Morning to All - guess I shouldn't complain about the wind and rain, yes rain, we had here yesterday. Temps in the high 70s low 80s. At home in Indiana it is around 0! We still have a few of the delicious baked goods from the Malpica bakery and Mexican chocolate.
We are keeping so busy I'm way behind in my blog - did two posts yesterday about Malpica, the ladies who do laundry and some pictures of the beautiful sunrises and sunsets here. They are at http://lifeinbrowncounty.blogspot.com
Last night we went out to an Italian restaurant for dinner then just went around the city to enjoy the evening. Listened to great music and checked out some of the vendor foods. Really fun. Always something different to do or see here in Mazatlan.
Bill continues to feel great and with him feeling so good I've found I even feel better - less stress I guess.
Have safe travels, good visits with friends and keep warm.
asirimarco

Postby avalen » Sat Jan 10, 2015 9:56 am

good morning ladies
looking at the weather forecast for my area, :( not good, in fact its calling for rain for a few days. I know the rain is
really a good thing cause we certainly can't live without water, but come on already, I live in the southwest and I expect
a sunny day with wonderful mild temperatures for winter. Guess I better get out in the yard and get it raked before the
rain begins.
Not much else to tell about and I certainly don't want to start rambling on about nothing. Ya'll have a great day, be safe
and I certainly hope SOMEBODY has some good weather to talk about.
Somewhere with Ava and Maggie
avalen

Postby Othersharon » Sat Jan 10, 2015 10:29 am

Good morning! Sounds like everyone is surviving the cold and now getting ready for the next round of snow and ice! Carolb, a house in AZ sounds like a plan! And Anita will probably appear on utube at some point! I spent yesterday in the doctor's office and emergency room with my sister in law. She got hit by a private snowplow vehicle in the morning in her pick up. The blade took out the whole driver side of the truck and she has 2 fractured ribs. Needless to say, she's hurting. But it truly could have been worst. At this point they are most concerned that she doesn't get pneumonia from not breathing deep enough to keep her lungs clear. So she left the ER with a breathing machine to use. So today will be catch up day around here. Need to finish doing the laundry I started yesterday. With the subzero temps I really would rather stay home today! Probably need to run to the store at some point but I'll have to work up to that! But the good news is that the sun is out! How many days until spring?! Have a good one today and stay warm and safe.
Othersharon

Postby Redetotry » Sat Jan 10, 2015 10:35 am

Good Morning from SOMEBODY, Yes Ava, we are sunny and warmer relatively speaking. :D It is 18 headed toward a high of 29 much warmer than the last several days. The dogs are so busy wanting in and out it is hard to keep up with them but at least they run off a lot of energy outside. I walk in the house every morning since it is too cold to go out and luckily all my rooms can be opened so I have a clear path. The dogs love it and grab toys to race around and make sure I enjoy myself. :) I usually make 5000 steps a day on my Fit Zip just doing that for 15 minutes plus all the other steps I put on cleaning and puttering around. Sue your little one and Mitzi weigh the same but I'm sure hoping Mitzi isn't going to get any bigger.
Thankfully, my mouth is feeling better, not well yet but eating is getting easier and not as much pain when I move my mouth or tongue. I'll probably talk all day.
Need to get the dogs fed and think about going out the the Winter Farmers Market inside the high school. They have wonderful greens, potatoes, eggs and organic chicken.
Enjoy the day!
Redetotry
BJ
Redetotry

Postby bluepinecones » Sat Jan 10, 2015 10:38 am

Good Morning
Nothing interesting going on here today; still too cold for me to want outside tho we should be above freezing for a couple of hours this afternoon.
Nieces and I finally did our Christmas yesterday. Delayed because both had been sick off and on since Christmas Eve. Everyone better now.
Made soup yesterday including my first ever matzo balls. Not bad but I've made better soup. I was missing some of the veggies I usually put in almost all winter soups.
Hope your SIL improves quickly Sharon
BJ - Didn't know you kept the FitBit. My step count is way down; need more marching around the house as I don't want out in the cold either.
Have a good day
Last edited by bluepinecones on Sat Jan 10, 2015 11:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
The only major handicap in life is a bad attitude!
bluepinecones

Postby chalet05 » Sat Jan 10, 2015 10:54 am

Good Morning,

OSharon, what a horrid thing to happen to your sister in law! Hope she'll heal quickly and avoid pneumonia. You ladies in the cold, I just can't imagine even after my few days in Churchill. Stay warm and safe. Ava, I knew there was a possibility of rain this weekend, but forgot the weekend is here! Slingshot is getting a little sprinkle and the cover is hanging on the laundry rack behind the camper. :( SS needs a wash but the water here leaves spots. Sarah, glad you and your nieces are all feeling better.

LeRoy and I talked about a desert ride today, but will have to see what the clouds do. Sure have enjoyed some beautiful, warm days after all that cold weather!

Everyone have a good day!
Anita
chalet05

Postby dayspring39 » Sat Jan 10, 2015 12:09 pm

Good Morning... wow I made it in before afternoon!
Coffee, oatmeal w/blueberries all gone... drinking water now... sure need to get active but here I sit with a blanket over my legs and one around my shoulders!
O'S I hope your sister in law mends fast... BJ fresh produce sounds so good this time of the year... I have been using the Debbie Meyer green bags and containers... they give more life to veggies and fruits... Sue glad Molly is doing so well; cannot imagine so much snow... we did get about 7 in earlier in the week... now just bitter cold... do not see any above freezing for a very long time... was about -5 here last night suppose to get to 20 above later but the wind is the kicker... Anita I know about water spots... when my daughter put in a new faucet for me I would go bye and wipe it if I saw a spot... that got old fast!!
My appointment with the pain doctor is Wed afternoon... will most likely be set up for injections in a week or two depends on insurance approval...
Enjoy today and stay warm everyone... Ava you can come rake my snow anytime!!
Kathleen or Kathy

Use today wisely it's all you have; yesterday is a memory; tomorrow a dream... KLW[/b][/color]
dayspring39

Postby BarbaraRose » Sat Jan 10, 2015 12:27 pm

Good morning gals! Just getting up. Have a lot to do today. My Jeep is in the shop and I have a loaner car from my friend, Steve, but that isn't running well either. He is coming over later to see if he can get it running better so I can do some errands and stop to see my dad.
Also gotta finish that stupid on-line class for my license renewal. What a waste of time and money!

OSharon, that is awful about your SIL! Glad she is doing OK. Those snow plows can do a lot of damage! I leave a lot of room for them. Every year people are killed by getting too close to the plows. Getting hit by the big ones is like getting hit by a train!

Wow, Sue, Molly is really growing fast! She will be full grown in no time! We need new puppy pics!

Hope you all have a great day! :D
Barbie, Romeow, and Sophie, missing Lola! (and lots of ferrets running around in my heart!)

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"
-Anatole France
BarbaraRose

Postby Acadianmom » Sat Jan 10, 2015 12:31 pm

We have better weather for a change. The sun is actually shining. It never did get as cold as predicted. Thursday night it got down to 34 and started warming up before midnight. The low last night was 34 and they had predicted 28. I'll take anything above freezing. I see rain in Texas that is headed our way. Our ponds were running over from the last rain.

We won't let Frosty out since he was so sick and he's not happy about that. He's sitting in the window watching a bird under the carport. I have a small harness around here somewhere. If I can find it I'll take him for a walk. :lol: Most of the time when you put something like that on a cat they just lay there like they can't move. I looked at the small dog harnesses at Walmart but that looks like something a cat could get out of.

Not much planned for today. I need to vacuum while Harold isn't here. My friend got one of the automatic vacuums for Christmas. She loves it but I don't have that much open floor space so don't know how much good it would do.

Martha
Martha
2010 Coach House
Acadianmom

Postby BarbaraRose » Sat Jan 10, 2015 5:19 pm

Only 15* but actually doesn't feel too bad, I guess because there is no wind today.

Got the loaner car running and stopped to see my dad. He seems to think he is going home next weekend. He is not, tho. I had a long chat with the social worker there who knows my dad from the last time he was there. She is very nice and understanding. He likes her too, which is helpful.

Velda, cats don't generally like harnesses unless they are trained to wear them when they are kittens. Like you said, they just roll over and play dead! :lol:

Gotta get to my on-line class now...
Barbie, Romeow, and Sophie, missing Lola! (and lots of ferrets running around in my heart!)

-Anatole France
BarbaraRose

Postby MandysMom » Sat Jan 10, 2015 6:02 pm

Barbara we started at nearly a year in age with these two with their Savannah walking jackets (after failing with traditional harness) which are made differently than traditional harness. Stormy took to it immediately where Mandy did not play dead but was just not and is not the explorer Stormy is. But Mandy watched her sister walking out to see things and decided it was a good idea she just does not drag you all over like Stormy wants to. Difference in personality. These jackets are soft nylon fabric that are jacket like and very comfortable for them other than I wish she would use white inner lining instead of black but she said that the special nylon fabric needed for its strength only came in black. They are sized to each cat by sending measure of chest and neck and have Velcro. Easy to use and escape proof when put on right. If a cat does not mind being cuddled in a blanket then I think they could use one of these. Our girls hated harness but go look for their jacket to go out. I found them by searching Savannah walking jackets and I think the ladies name is Aneta?
Velda
MandysMom

Postby BarbaraRose » Sat Jan 10, 2015 6:32 pm

Thanks Velda. Those would be cool to have for the ferrets! I wonder if she makes tiny ones?

Strange thing...I went back on-line to work on the cosmo course and it said I had finished it and to print out my certificate! I know I did not finish it but it shows all the "chapters" completed. So I went on-line to pay for my new license with the certificate! It is all a new program started this year in MN so apparently they haven't gotten the bugs out of the on-line course, but works to my advantage anyways! (shhhh! don't tell anyone! ;) )

-Anatole France
BarbaraRose

Postby MandysMom » Sat Jan 10, 2015 6:36 pm

I located their link.
http://www.joykatz.net/walkingjackets.htm
When I bought ours both times as the girls filled out into adults, she was willing to customize. You could write and ask. Looks like colors are same as when we bought. Stormys is leopard print and Mandy's has lady bug print.
Velda
MandysMom

Postby MandysMom » Sat Jan 10, 2015 6:39 pm

If you scroll down the savannah jacket page to the F2 Layla, it looks just like our Stormy in her leopard jacket!
Velda
MandysMom

Return to Morning Coffee