Monday Morning with Cold Wave

Let's start our day with a good morning here.

Monday Morning with Cold Wave

Postby dayspring39 » Mon Jan 05, 2015 3:26 am

Good Morning everyone... up real late so decided to drop in and say hello... there seems to be some creature trying to get under my mobile home... there is skirting all around but with the cold cold weather they want some shelter... I will have to check when it is day light... will be able to see tracks as we have some snow now...
I have not read any of the other days so cannot give encouragement... but will look now...
Have oatmeal will fix if you like and coffee... not for me need sleep!
Stay safe everyone...
Kathleen or Kathy

Use today wisely it's all you have; yesterday is a memory; tomorrow a dream... KLW[/b][/color]
dayspring39

Re: Monday Morning with Cold Wave

Postby IrishIroamed » Mon Jan 05, 2015 8:08 am

Mornin' Kathleen and all that follow~~~
Yup, mightly cold up here also. Mar-E (the truck) read -1* on the ride to work this A.M. Took her out for a spin yesterday in the 1" of snow that did fall, since I had not driven her in snow / ice yet. Learned how to shift to 4X4 (baby steps). :P Still keeping my eye on a little TT at Rick's RV, so maybe this spring / summer . . .

Hope everyone has a good day and if you're on the road, stay safe (and warm).
Cheryl
Today me will live in the moment unless it's unpleasant in which case me will eat a cookie ~~~Cookie Monster

IrishIroamed

Postby bluepinecones » Mon Jan 05, 2015 11:28 am

Good chilly morning
Rain finally stopped yesterday but it remained damp,cold and dreary; could not force myself to go out. Cold again but sun out this morning and I have to get down to campground this afternoon to see if generator will start and double check on other stuff as it is forecast to drop down to 10 by Wednesday. Looks like a very cold week but at least it will stay dry.
Need to get a couple of things done before I go out.
Stay warm ad have a good day
The only major handicap in life is a bad attitude!
bluepinecones

Postby JudyJB » Mon Jan 05, 2015 11:45 am

It is chilly here in Silver Springs, but obviously not quite as cold as for those of you "up north." Actually, I like that the nights have chilled down a bit so I can snuggle more under the covers. Don't think I will need AC today.

Looking forward to our small get-together tomorrow at my place! Will be fun to meet some of the Women RVers I have not met, although I am not sure they will be able to convince me to go kayaking later in the week. I cannot put weight on my knees to get up or down because of my replacements, so getting out would be a serious problem. (Not willing to tip over to get out either since I don't like to get my face wet or lose my glasses. Need a crane, I think.)

Got to unhook this afternoon to dump my tanks, so I am going off to pick up a prescription and maybe do some exploring. Yesterday, I rode my bike to Walmart and stopped by the Silver Springs Museum--really surprisingly excellent museum open only on weekends. My two very large mosquito bites have settled down finally. It is really strange because I have almost never in my life had reactions to mosquitos. (They bite me but no lumps or marks.) Flies and ants have bitten me and caused a reaction, but never mosquitos, and these were 3/4 inch in diameter, so I wonder if my immune system is not doing so well. Have been tired lately as well, and also seem to have picked up a yeast infection. Weird.

New semester starts today and that is always exciting. My class is open and syllabus is ready for students to view.

Quiet morning online, so I suspect everyone who works is back to work.
JudyJB
http://grandmajjb.blogspot.com/
https://2022humongousukadventure.blogspot.com/
"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts." Mark Twain.
JudyJB

Location: In various COE and state parks in Florida for winter.

Postby BarbaraRose » Mon Jan 05, 2015 12:06 pm

A frigid good morning to you all! -5 below with a -26 below wind chill. Going in later to work. Things are slow today at the shop so they asked me to come in later than I am scheduled. I have things to do here, so that is OK.

I need to take an on-line class in order to renew my cosmetology license by the end of this month, so I will start on that soon.

My dad is having issues. He doesn't exactly know where he is (he thinks he is at a health club) but is demanding to go home NOW. He got in a huge fight with my brother yesterday at the nursing home and my brother just walked out. He can get really nasty when he wants to and it is difficult for us to deal with (emotionally). He has always been very intimidating when he wants his way. Like my brother says, he is a bully.

Hope you all are keeping yourselves warm and toasty in this cold weather! Have a good day!
Barbie, Romeow, and Sophie, missing Lola! (and lots of ferrets running around in my heart!)

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"
-Anatole France
BarbaraRose

Postby HorizonSeeker » Mon Jan 05, 2015 1:18 pm

Good morning all. Had a busy morning trying to get some errands run and get back home before 12. My stepdaughter has decided to try working half days this week going in at 12 and working till 4. That lets her get my SIL up, showered, dressed, and do morning meds and breakfast. When I got back from errands they were having lunch and doing noon meds. I will stay with him through the afternoon and do his blood sugar and bp. He's starting to feel better and for the first time yesterday when he weighed the weight was a gain instead of a loss. He has lost 20 pounds in 3 weeks. It has been a long road for them with lots of stumbles along the way, but I think we are headed in the right direction. If he can continue on this improvement she will try working full days next week and I will stay here with him. We get along just fine although he does get testy some days and I can't blame him. He's not used to sitting around so much.

I have been here 3 weeks and although I use the house for showers and such the tanks were getting full and temps are predicted to hit the single digits Wednesday night. I paid a local outfit to come out and "suck out" the tanks. My on board tanks are below 1/4 so I am now using my stay awhile hose and an lp tank that was in the shop. If I can find a local lp service that will come out and fill my tanks for me without being too expensive I will do that as it looks like I will be here another couple of weeks. Always something.

Wish I was in "chilly" Silver Springs, FL but guess I am needed here. Barbie, I am thinking of you. Know what you're going through as my mother was the same way. It's hard but you are doing the right thing it sounds like.

Off to do some laundry

vickie
www.horizonseeker55.blogspot.com
One (re) tired teacher and a spoiled fox terrier in a 24' Itasca Spirit
HorizonSeeker

Return to Morning Coffee