Saturday

Let's start our day with a good morning here.

Saturday

Postby Colliemom » Sat Jan 03, 2015 7:28 am

Morning everyone,

What would you like for breakfast on this 3rd day of January? I have cereal, toast, sausage, bacon eggs, etc. tea, milk, water, hot cocoa but you'll have to bring your own coffee, sorry.

Not much doing here. Waiting for next storm, Frona they call it, to arrive. Looks like a big mess for a lot of us. Severe weather in the south, freezing rain in the central and snow farther north, like here. Time to hunker down and stay in. I will make a trip to town and that's it. Working on another jigsaw puzzle. Did the necessary snow clearing yesterday of mine and neighbor's drives and path down other neighbors drive. So that's cleaned up. Left Miss Molly in the house and she was fine. I have gradually been leaving her out of her pen while I am out of the house and no issues of any kind so far. Two hours has been longest.

Tina, so nice to see you post the other day. Long time no see. Mitch, miss your numerous posts too and where is Vickie (doofus). You two brought a lot of humor here.

For those who haven't noticed, there is a Pontential Michigan GTG being formed in June. Dates and place to be determined yet. Julybhas also been mentioned but that's busy season here. Check it out and toss in ideas etc. posted in GTG section.

Off to get this day moving. Have a wonderful day :)
Sue and the Furry Crew
Colliemom

Re: Saturday

Postby Othersharon » Sat Jan 03, 2015 9:59 am

Good morning. Sue, we're waiting for storm too. Looks like it'll be a bit of everything but sun today! Something happening now but not sure what it is, snow, sleet or whatever. I defiantly won't be going anywhere today! A good day to just stay in and do stuff in the house. The pups had me up early this morning, guess they wanted to go out before the stuff started! Had a fun time yesterday with my friends and when we got home they decided to install the disposal for me. Ha, I didn't need the guy afterall! He still hasn't even called or anything. So I still need to find someone else to do things now and again for me but am so blessed to have good friends. I have a hard time asking for help, DH used to do all this stuff for us and we seldom had to have help. So going from that to needing to ask is a tough one for me. Just not something I'm used to doing. But I'm working on it, gotta realize that some things are just outside of my expertise.

Sounds like a gtg starting to form up for early summer in MI. Never really spent any time in that part of the country so something to think about. Time to pull out the maps!

Time for another cup of coffee, can't offer much else this morning! Have a good day and stay safe.
Othersharon

Postby BarbaraRose » Sat Jan 03, 2015 10:04 am

Good morning gals!
Sunny and balmy here today :lol: High of 30* but snow later on with 3" expected overnight and then the bottom drops out with a high tomorrow of -1* below zero! :shock: I hate those cold blasts! I have tomorrow off from work so I guess I will be hunkered down at home.

Off to work here. Yesterday was crazy busy all day! Guess everyone wanted a haircut before the weekend!

Have a great day and stay warm!! :D
Barbie, Romeow, and Sophie, missing Lola! (and lots of ferrets running around in my heart!)

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"
-Anatole France
BarbaraRose

Postby avalen » Sat Jan 03, 2015 10:17 am

good morning
trying to decide what I want to do today, other than hang out in my electric heated bed. :lol: Thinking about getting out to Denny's or something just to sit and give myself a time out. :? Its one thing to give someone a helping hand but do not take
advantage. Learn to do some things yourself. Okay, thats all I'm gonna say. 8-) Ya'll have a great day and I sure hope SOME of you are warm at least, seeing a little warmth coming in midweek, hope it sticks around, I'm just tired of this cold weather.
Somewhere with Ava and Maggie
avalen

Postby gingerK » Sat Jan 03, 2015 10:18 am

Good Morning gals,

Nasty weather here this a.m.--if I hadn't had to go out for a dog and two horses I sure wouldn't! Roads weren't in the best conditions overall with lots of slippery spots, I nearly slid through a busy intersection even though I saw several snowplows out salting roads.

Feeling a bit under the weather today, don't know if it's just a cold or what it is, a little congestion and I feel as though I can't breathe deep enough. Most likely I will get an appt with my Dr. next week if I don't bounce back. DH hurt his back somehow and is complaining about the pain. Honestly men are such babies when they don't feel good!

Just going to take it easy today, maybe get into a small project just to have something to do. Waiting to hear from the owner of the animals I'm sitting if she gets home today or if I still have them tomorrow too. I think she's coming home from Wisconsin, so I sure hope she's heading home right now.

Everyone have a good day, stay warm and safe,
Kathy
Any day spent in the company of my animals is a good day.
gingerK

Postby BarbaraRose » Sat Jan 03, 2015 10:30 am

Ava, you need to set boundaries so you don't get taken advantage of. Gotta take care of yourself too! Need to know when to say "enough already!" :D
Barbie, Romeow, and Sophie, missing Lola! (and lots of ferrets running around in my heart!)

-Anatole France
BarbaraRose

Postby bluepinecones » Sat Jan 03, 2015 11:03 am

Good morning
Warmer here today but very wet - in fact we are under a flash flood watch thru Sunday AM with another 2 to 3 inches of rain expected and the potential for some storms to be severe. YULK! Then next week temps forecast to be 15 to 30 degrees below normal - at least it should be dry then.
Have a few errands I really should do but have not convinced myself to go out in the mess. Plenty of stuff that needs attention at home also, none of it particularly interesting.
Have a good day
The only major handicap in life is a bad attitude!
bluepinecones

Postby chalet05 » Sat Jan 03, 2015 12:01 pm

Good Morning,

Tired of the cold weather!! It is suppose to start warming tomorrow and I will be uncovering the Slingshot!! I check out the U.S. Severe Weather map each morning - it certainly is colorful these day!

I have had some days to myself and made progress with the genealogy. Ava, trust me - get those boundaries set sooner rather than later!! I'm not taken advantage of, but my time is no longer my own.

Sorry to say the Michigan GTG will before I get to that neck of the woods plus I'm not planning to bring the camper.

Have a good day all and safe travels!
Anita
chalet05

Postby MandysMom » Sat Jan 03, 2015 1:47 pm

Still morning here in sunny CA. Headed for a high of 55 they say. Feel for those in the messy east. Praying you all stay well and safe. Not much planned here. Maybe take tree down though I was taught growing up that it stayed until after 12th night, January 7. My Mom always went to a party on Jan 7 at a friends who did it yearly for decades. Man could that woman decorate a house, every nook and crannie had Christmas decor but it was always beautiful. Anyhow. Maybe I can accomplish something if I get going here. Cat got us up telling us it's chicken time!
Velda
MandysMom

Postby BarbaraRose » Sat Jan 03, 2015 8:29 pm

Just got home from work in the nick of time! We got ourselves a blizzard tonight! :o Snowing heavily, strong winds whipping it around and the temps are dropping like a rock now! Got my car all gassed up and put away in the garage for the next day or so. Won't be going anywhere tomorrow. Just hunker down and get things done around here.

Haven't seen what is happening out east. What ever you are dealing with out there, stay warm, safe, and dry! Winter is here with a vengeance! :shock:

-Anatole France
BarbaraRose

Postby Acadianmom » Sat Jan 03, 2015 11:16 pm

It started raining about noon and it's still raining. I'm glad I live on a hill. The weather channel is predicting a low Wednesday night of 21and 24 on Thursday. They have got to be kidding. It would have been 70 today if it hadn't been raining. I don't know how far East this cold front is going but the people wearing shorts in Florida better look out. I hate to be stuck in the house all day. All I have been doing is eating junk.

Martha
Martha
2010 Coach House
Acadianmom

Postby Irmi » Sat Jan 03, 2015 11:57 pm

Martha, I'm so glad you're on a hill, too. In Ocala, we were in the low 80's today and for the next few days we'll be in the 70's. Thursday we'll only get into the 60's. Fortunately, we won't get hit as hard with this cold front as a lot of the rest of the country will be. I'm so glad we're here and not in MD.
Irmi

Return to Morning Coffee