Happy New Year Day 2

Let's start our day with a good morning here.

Happy New Year Day 2

Postby IrishIroamed » Fri Jan 02, 2015 8:01 am

Belated Happy New Year everyone! I too missed midnight, except for when the neighborhood started with the firecrackers :evil:

Nice that some have spent holidays with families (or new pets ;) @ Sue) and big congrats to Carol & Bill on 50 years!

Nice too that I see some new posts (Liz & Beth).

Better get crackin' - the new boss is a not so nice of a person. Isn't that a fun way to start the new year.

Only toast for breakfast but help yourself if you want some.

Stay safe on the roads & have a good day.
Cheryl
Today me will live in the moment unless it's unpleasant in which case me will eat a cookie ~~~Cookie Monster

IrishIroamed

Re: Happy New Year Day 2

Postby Redetotry » Fri Jan 02, 2015 9:01 am

Oh happy day, the holidays are over!!! I slept well last night except for a nightmare, which I am blaming the talk on yesterday's morning coffee about black eyed peas and fertility. I dreamed I was having a baby :shock: :shock: and was in the process of labor when I thankfully woke up. Since I have never 'expected' anything other than a four legged little one, it was quite a strange dream :!:

Cheryl, sorry your new boss isn't nice, hopefully he will mellow with experience. Firecrackers are the worst especially at midnight.

Thinking of all who are fighting the unusual cold. Sending warm hugs.
Redetotry
BJ
Redetotry

Postby BirdbyBird » Fri Jan 02, 2015 9:17 am

Good Morning......Glad you woke up in time, BJ. :o :) I had a wonderful visit and Chinese dinner with Alice Martin of the Christmas decoration fame! No pictures of food but I did take a couple of her house. It does look fun and we came back to drop her off, I got to see one of the families that come by with the child sitting on the shoulders...just walking by to enjoy the Christmas house.

For fulltimers.....Nick Russell is interested in fulltimers that he can interview for a series of stories he has been encouraged to write. editor@gypsyjournal.net You can also get to the link and find out more on his blog today.
Tina and the furry companions...Lark, Audrey and Jane
BirdbyBird

Postby avalen » Fri Jan 02, 2015 9:25 am

Good Morning
BRRRRRRRRRRR
gotta go get propane
ya'll have a great day
Somewhere with Ava and Maggie
avalen

Postby Acadianmom » Fri Jan 02, 2015 11:24 am

This is the craziest weather. It's suppose to go up to 70 but it's so foggy I can just barely see across the road. We have a 90% chance of rain but I don't see any on the radar.

I didn't sleep well last night because I was worried about Frosty. Yesterday he wouldn't eat or drink. I started making him take 1cc of water every hour. Harold finally got him to eat a little during the night and this morning he ate a little tuna. Now the Dodo wants out but he can forget that.

I have a lot of black eyed peas to freeze. Yesterday I had a crock pot full and a neighbor brought a big bowl and wouldn't take them back. I don't cook them often enough to remember that I only need to cook a half pound and not the whole package.

My mission today needs to be to file all the papers floating around my office so I can start a new box. Last night I was looking for the manual for one of the old tv boxes and never could find it. DirecTV has dropped our local ABC channel and I was trying to get the signal over the air. I finally got it to come in. Now I will have to keep up with three remotes to make it work. I'm sure they will kiss and make up before too long. lol

Martha
Martha
2010 Coach House
Acadianmom

Postby bluepinecones » Fri Jan 02, 2015 4:23 pm

I sure did not mean to let yesterday slip by without wishing each of you a Happy New Year.

Tina, so glad you stopped by to see Alice; I miss her humor. Her posts were always entertaining. (She use to be a member here).

Still having problem sleeping. Was up after midnight and Kathleen saw me on FB and called.. great to chat with her but we talked until after 2:00 AM.

Oh Velda, forgot to thank you for questioning the charges I was quoted on new APAP machine. I did meet with head of suppliers accounting department. Best we can tell the tech who quoted the monthly cost appears to have only looked up the first month copay and assumed it would be the same for all 13 months. After the initial large payment which includes some one time charges, the payments drop such that my out of pocket cost will be $355.00 plus about another $150 or so for supplies over the course of the year (if I replace every thing on schedule).

Both nieces still user the weather so we have rescheduled Christmas for a 3rd time.

I discovered problem with Magic; will post in maintenance section - any advice most appreciated.

Have a good day.
The only major handicap in life is a bad attitude!
bluepinecones

Postby MandysMom » Sat Jan 03, 2015 3:12 am

Wow I am so glad you were not left stuck with that huge copay! Hooray for persistence! How is your adjustment to the Airsense going? I am loving mine. I did move humidity from 2 to 3 and may have to move it back because that was almost too warm. Otherwise I love my new APAP Airsense10
Velda
MandysMom

Return to Morning Coffee