Back on the Road Again Sunday

Let's start our day with a good morning here.

Back on the Road Again Sunday

Postby Colliemom » Sun Dec 28, 2014 7:10 am

Morning All,

Just a quick hi as Molly and I will be hitting the road after we get some daylight. Christmas trip is over, so time to head home. So glad I decided and was able to stay over one more day as we had at least 6-8 inches of snow yesterday and from what I saw of the Weather cams here and there around the U.P., looked like not very nice to be out driving. Today is much better. Maybe a few snow showers here and there, but otherwise nothing. So should have good drive.

Need to get dressed and finish packing up a few last minute things. It's cold out there, only 19. So sensitive stuff will go inside truck on the ride home. Rest can go in back. So will get dressed, finish packing up a few last minute things, say goodbye to owners and we will hit the road.

Here's hoping you all have an enjoyable day today. Will play catch up, if there is such a thing, after we get home :)
Sue and the Furry Crew
Colliemom

Re: Back on the Road Again Sunday

Postby Redetotry » Sun Dec 28, 2014 8:49 am

Good Morning All,
Have a safe trip home Sue, sounds like it was a good idea to wait out the storm,
Yesterday I posted some information about what acupuncture and I left out an important word. I typed "Also, they should give you any sort of vitamins or herbals on these first visits." It should read "They should NOT give you any sort of vitamins or herbals on the first visits." I wanted to be sure and add a note here for those who might not have seen the correction I made last night.
I have an ache in my jaw that has been getting worse since Christmas Day I'm hoping it will hold off until the dentist opens tomorrow. Not sure though is it is a tooth or something in my jaw. It doesn't hurt when I touch any of my teeth but when I move my mouth or touch my cheek I really feel it. I just had a full mouth ex ray a week before this started and everything looked ok.
Take care and enjoy the day.
Redetotry
BJ
Redetotry

Postby Irmi » Sun Dec 28, 2014 8:54 am

Good morning Sue & everyone!

Sue, I'm so glad you were able to make the trip to the U.P. and travel carefully back home. I love the picture of Molly on your page. Donna, I hope you're finding lots of fun things to do to keep you occupied. Ava and Lyn, hopefully your weather will warm up soon for you. Barbie, I hope your Dad continues to improve. My father had several TIA's and never had a major stroke, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you. BJ, I had some crazy dreams last night and was so glad that I woke up to find out I was only dreaming. Linda, isn't it great to be able to wear shorts when the weather is so nice? Martha, I got a couple boxes of Christmas cards for half price the day after Christmas. Hopefully I'll remember where they are when I'm looking for them. Velda, Hopefully you'll have some more rain headed into your area. How is your hubby making out? Carolb and Judy are constantly on the road, so safe travels to both of you. And to all the others here, I wish you a great day, wherever you are!

It's starting out foggy here in the central part of FL but the temperatures are mild and we'll get into the low 80's today. Most days, starting from mid to late morning until sunset are spent sitting in our front yard enjoying the sunny weather, chatting with neighbors and taking lots of walks. Yesterday we spent a good portion of the day at a huge flea market and brought home lots of fresh veggies and ended the day doing karaoke in the clubhouse.

Have a great Sunday everyone!
Irmi

Postby grammynmaggie » Sun Dec 28, 2014 8:58 am

good morning everyone...thanks BJ for the information on acupuncture I will certainly be checking this out and I did figure out you meant the word not I've learned to read between the lines with all this AutoCheck...it looks like it will be a beautiful warm day here in Central Florida...I won't be doing much of anything ..you all have a fun filled day and be safe....Donna
grammynmaggie

Postby avalen » Sun Dec 28, 2014 9:04 am

good morning :D
still having overnight freezing, and I am SO not used to this. But on a good note, I was able to sit out and enjoy the warmth
of the sunshine yesterday afternoon. Hope to do the same today.
Ya'll enjoy your day as we wrap up the tail end of the year 2014 and soon move on into 2015. It was a great year and I expect the next one to be even better.
Somewhere with Ava and Maggie
avalen

Postby JudyJB » Sun Dec 28, 2014 11:07 am

Still in Cleveland with grandkids. Relatively warm yesterday, but rained in the night and colder today. MUCH better than last year when I arrived in a blizzard. Supposed to have a good day for flying on Tuesday when I head back.

I keep having nightmares about working in my old job! I have projects to complete and meetings to go to and don't want to work, but they keep forcing me to keep working! And what's worse, I have no work clothing or a desk! I like being retired instead with just my teaching.

Hope everyone has a good day!
JudyJB
http://grandmajjb.blogspot.com/
https://2022humongousukadventure.blogspot.com/
"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts." Mark Twain.
JudyJB

Location: In various COE and state parks in Florida for winter.

Postby dpf » Sun Dec 28, 2014 11:26 am

Well Good Morning everyone! I’m on my last day of five days off work and I don’t know where the time has gone. But then Wednesday was spent cooking and cleaning for Christmas. My mom and sister came on Wednesday and stayed until Friday then I spent the rest of the day cleaning up everything. Our Christmas was a little different this year as we usually open presents on Christmas Day, but Ashley’s parents couldn’t get to the kids until late Christmas Eve we switched days with them. Felt strange not to have the kids here on Christmas Day, but we had people dropping in all day so that was nice. Poor little Bronc didn’t get any presents….little guy made off like a bandit! His favorite was the Radio Flyer red wagon with sideboards that Dennis and I gave him. By the end of the night we just about had grooves in the floor from taking turns wheeling him around. He was laying in it drinking his bottle and if we stopped he would stomp his foot! Nope…he’s not too spoiled. You can see the leg moving on the picture!

I don’t know about the rest of you but I’m just about burned out on Hallmark Channel Christmas movies!

I’m worried about Radar. In the last couple of weeks she has really slowed down and pretty much sleeps all the time. Age is taking its toll on her. She is pretty much deaf and her sight isn’t the best either. Arthritis is a problem too. But she will be 14 in February.

Sending healing thoughts to everyone who is experiencing or has family with health issues. Safe travels to those on the road.

Pat

My mind works like lightning...one brilliant flash and it's gone.
dpf

Postby chalet05 » Sun Dec 28, 2014 12:14 pm

Good COLD morning from the Arizona desert!

I see Carolb out walking the dogs - probably been out several times already. We got in lots of visiting and then I spent 36 hours with stomach flu - can't remember last time I was sick. Blah! Sure caught up on sleep.

Sue, I just smile every time I think of your Christmas get away!

Pat, love the Bronc and wagon story (and photo). They do know how to train us don't they?

Keeping this short as I am wanting a shower before Kerry (who we don't see on here often) is coming in awhile with her son. I will be keeping my distance!!

Have a good day all!
Anita
chalet05

Postby MandysMom » Sun Dec 28, 2014 2:10 pm

Another bright sunny day here. Not a lot planned.
Sue prayers for safe travels for you and sweet Molly. BJ hope the tooth is nothing serious. That Bronc is adorable. Hope that stomach bug is gone soon. The worst for Mel is the dizziness and ongoing eating problems and the fact that we had no clue the radiation damage would be progressive like this. It's difficult. And knowing the next battle, with the radiation for prostate is coming, we just hope there won't be unknown nasty surprises like the throat has been. Mel has expressed fears of the unknown this time where last time we went into it thinking after it was done that would be that.
This coming week will be busy for us. Several hours Monday at UC Davis in what they call radiation planning, which when it was mouth they made a face mask. Not sure what this entails. Then Tuesday spend afternoon with son at physical therapy getting started for his knee rehab. Hope I have time for Curves, but being the only driver, I will have to see how it goes. Planning a quiet New Years Eve here of course.
Have a good week all.
Velda
MandysMom

Postby cnq50b » Sun Dec 28, 2014 4:34 pm

Hi all,

Things sure have quieted down here. Put Gaby on the plane earlier - we've had a good visit - but it went far too fast. I'm heading back to work tomorrow.

Judy that was a nightmare! I have to put my plans to step down on hold for a while - budget constraints will keep me where I am for now. But I know things will work out for the best when I'm ready.

Anita, I hope you're feeling better. The flu isn't any fun.

Velma, sending up prayers for you all, for strength & courage to continue to fight.

BJ, I, too, hope the pain turns out to be a minor issue & that it can be remedied quickly.

Barbie, continued prayers for you all. We experienced a very special side of mom when she had a stroke - she didn't recognize us, so we saw the very sweet side that she reserved for strangers. It was a real blessing - we were also blessed that she came out of that one ok. I'll be praying that your dad is able to accept where he needs to go for rehab.

Continued prayers for warmth & good health for everyone as we wind down this year.
Catherine
Catherine & Sadie
California

cnq50b

Return to Morning Coffee