Christmas Eve

Let's start our day with a good morning here.

Christmas Eve

Postby Colliemom » Wed Dec 24, 2014 7:20 am

Good Morning everyone,

A rather damp and foggy morning here in the U.P. this morning. But will at least be a White Christmas here. Between two good 5 inch snowfalls these past couple of days plus what was already on ground. There's enough for any winter sports lover to play in. Guess down home it has been raining. Also see that those of you in the south are not having the greatest weather and a shame to see some areas getting hit by tornadoes this close to Christmas. All those Christmas hopes and dreams blown away in a matter of seconds.

Nothing on the agenda for here today other than Mass at 5 p.m. this afternoon. Weather looks like it will allow travel to and from.

Had busy day yesterday as Molly got her first "doggie walk" on leash yesterday. Did really well. Only went a short distance up road. Also found out that slow moving vehicles are quite so intimidating as she once feared. It's one thing to have respect for them, but another to be terrified of them which she was doing. She also got to meet some new people and a Golden Retriever stayling here. So she had a busy day.

Hope all of you have your final holiday preparations made if you have any, those of you like myself who will be alone, find something new and different to create a new tradition etc. Those with the Christmas Blues, play some music and live in the moment for a few hours anyway. That always lifts the spirits.

Want to take this time to wish everyone a Very Blessed and Peaceful Christmas.
Sue and the Furry Crew
Colliemom

Re: Christmas Eve

Postby avalen » Wed Dec 24, 2014 9:53 am

good morning ladies
not a whole lot of things to do today, one little quick trip to get coffee and a few other essentials that can't wait until Saturday. As I'm not going anywhere on christmas or day after. Christmas Eve dinner at daughters tonight. Hope you all have a very Merry Christmas and make some wonderful memories.
Somewhere with Ava and Maggie
avalen

Postby dayspring39 » Wed Dec 24, 2014 11:06 am

This Morning before Christmas finds me sleep deprived... I finally took med at 4 am so now am weary and tired...
Kelsie comes today... I sure need her... Shadow is losing clumps of hair...
Tonight it is the choir music at 5 then to grandson and granddaughter in laws for soup and sandwiches...
Here it is damp but no snow yet... they have a winter advisory for this county...
Have a great day everyone... love that tree Sue...
Kathleen or Kathy

Use today wisely it's all you have; yesterday is a memory; tomorrow a dream... KLW[/b][/color]
dayspring39

Postby chalet05 » Wed Dec 24, 2014 11:33 am

Good Morning,

After sitting in one place for 6 weeks, today I have to prepare to move tomorrow - meeting Carolb for a few days in the desert! Woohoo! L will be over later to help put the new cover on the Slingshot and get it locked up to stay here. Sort of wish I had waited to get it until I had the trailer. :( People in some places are complaining they don't have the SS yet and they put deposit down in the fall!!

We'll leave at 3:30 today for 5:00 Mass in Parker and then out to dinner.

Irmi, it was nice to see your post and to know you are enjoying your winter!! Sue, I'm still a little envious of your white Christmas and being away from home. Kathleen and Ava, lots of fun with family. Sarah, glad you got the APAP and made it home safely! CArol, I don't think any of us can blame you for 'whining' after all you have been through!! Mitch, thanks for letting us know about Nancy.

I always enjoyed the last minute baking, etc. on Christmas Eve and the anticipation of THE day. Good memories!

May you all have a wonderful Christmas!!
Anita
chalet05

Postby Irmi » Wed Dec 24, 2014 12:42 pm

Hello everyone!

It's past noontime on the east coast but it's too early for a campfire.

Sue, I love the picture you posted. So Christmasy! Ava & Kathleen, have fun with your families. Anita, enjoy the Christmas Mass.

Lots of hard rain overnight which ruined the canopy our neighbor bought for tomorrows Christmas dinner. I thought we would have the meal in the clubhouse but Steve and our neighbors are outside putting together another canopy. Hope the weather holds out for another 24 hours! It's mild but very overcast here. I'm so glad my parents are together again but wish my brother could be with his family here on earth, but they'll all be together again. Merry Christmas everyone and may all your wishes and dreams come true.
Irmi

Postby judi » Wed Dec 24, 2014 1:50 pm

I hope everyone has a peaceful Christmas Eve and a happy day tomorrow. I'll be with kids and grandkids and that's always so much fun. This is the first year that I don't have the responsibility for decorations, cookies, food, big dinners etc. I just go where I'm told - to brunch, and dinners and parties. I even had fun shopping for gifts here in Santa Barbara since that's the only kind of shopping I had to do! I used to live here so it was easy to find my favorite stores.

For those of you in nasty winter weather - I hope you are all safe and warm!
Happy Holidays!
Judi
Portland, Oregon
perpetualmotionrv.blogspot.com

'You have brains in your head,
you have feet in your shoes,
you can steer yourself
any direction you choose." Dr Seuss
judi

Postby Nasoosie » Wed Dec 24, 2014 2:45 pm

I miss you all! Now that I have discovered the ease of visiting and posting on Facebook, I somehow never find the time to sit and manoever my way through the maze of these forum pages. I know that most of you love them, and that the problem is with me, but that doesn't help me stay in touch with those of you not on Facebook.

I am hoping to go to St. Cloud this afternoon, dodge the rain showers that are forecast, and, hopefully, sit with Goog and Melissa around a campfire outside my trailer with Pandora Christmas music playing. It we get rained out, oh well. At least I will be there for some sunshine tomorrow, hopefully. I am bringing my small crock pot and the ingredients for cheese rarebit, and old New England Christmas dinner tradition, and some garlic bread sticks to dip in it! Baby girl Lavigne is due in a week or less, probably, now. We are all waiting not-so-patiently!

Merry Christmas to all of you!
Life is about learning to dance in the rain
Happy travels!
ImageImage
Nasoosie

Postby BarbaraRose » Wed Dec 24, 2014 3:44 pm

Soos, who is Baby Girl Lavigne?? Didn't know anyone was pregnant in your family?

Merry Christmas Eve everyone! Was supposed to work til 3pm but we drew names just before 2 to see who could leave early and my name was drawn! Yay! But then the phone rang and it was the owner, telling our manager to close the shop at 2, so everyone got to leave then!

Just hanging out now for a bit until I go pick up my dad and head over to my brother's house nearby for the evening. Tomorrow, I will just stay home and take it easy. May do some work on the kayak, replacing the broken bungee hooks and measuring the material for the cockpit cover. Hoping I have enough material left over to make a small bag to put stuff in the kayak, or maybe I can make a half skirt that just goes over the front of the cockpit to keep my legs from getting wet while paddling. Hmmm!

Got some money from my friend Steve for Christmas, so will put that in my trailer fund. Will put my tax refund in there as well and add money each month and maybe by late spring, will have enough to buy a little popup trailer.

It rained here all day again yesterday. It was supposed to be snow but never got cold enough, so we will have a brown Christmas here. OK by me! There will be plenty of snow and cold yet to come. Just wish the sun would come out! We have only had 3 days with sun this whole month so far! :cry:

Have a great day what ever you may be doing! Eat well! :D
Barbie, Romeow, and Sophie, missing Lola! (and lots of ferrets running around in my heart!)

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"
-Anatole France
BarbaraRose

Postby Acadianmom » Wed Dec 24, 2014 9:13 pm

Sue, thanks for the picture of the snow. That's my favorite kind. It's turned cold but I like the temperatures yesterday better. It look like the rain we had has made it to Florida. Irma, I hope the rain doesn't mess up your plans. We had a lot of wind when it came through here.

Good to see your post Soos. I guess your grandkids are getting big and maybe a new one?

I finally got my cooking done and delivered. I am really dragging this year. One last present to get for my son's girlfriend. I will probably meet him on Friday so he can help me. Everyone will probably be out looking for after Christmas bargains. I was in a couple of Stage stores this week and I don't like their new set up. They have been remodeled recently and only have one central area to pay. Most of the time there is only one person at a register . I don't know if others feel like I do but there's not much I want that I am willing to stand in a line 10 deep to pay for. Surprisingly, Walmart has had most of the check out lanes open this week.

Merry Christmas everyone.

Martha
Martha
2010 Coach House
Acadianmom

Return to Morning Coffee