Christmas Eve Eve

Let's start our day with a good morning here.

Christmas Eve Eve

Postby IrishIroamed » Tue Dec 23, 2014 8:11 am

Mornin' Ladies,

Just want to wish everyone a Merry Christmas in case I just lurk for the next few days. It's been so cloudy & grey here for days they're saying it's the dreariest December on record I think. Now possible snow on Christmas Eve.

Hope everyone has a good holiday and if you're on the road, stay safe.
Cheryl
Today me will live in the moment unless it's unpleasant in which case me will eat a cookie ~~~Cookie Monster

IrishIroamed

Re: Christmas Eve Eve

Postby grammynmaggie » Tue Dec 23, 2014 8:24 am

g ooD morning Cheryl and all...and merry Christmas to you ..well I went to the doctor...he had the film of my MRI and showed me all the problems...I'm going to physical therapyI'm probably in about a month have injections in my spine I, also have to have MRI of cervical spine... he thinks that might be where the numbness on my left side is coming from I was diagnosed with arthritis in my cervical spine many many years ago...even though this is not very good news I feel relieved now that I know what it is and something I can do about it...it won't cure it but I hope It can help it hopefully I won't be as grouchy as I've been...Lol....have a fun filled day and be safe... Donna
grammynmaggie

Postby carolb » Tue Dec 23, 2014 9:01 am

G'morning Cheryl, Donna and all to follow :)

Thx for Cmas wishes Cheryl--I'll send out the same to all, as also there is no telling if I'll get back here before the big day:) Donna, i understand the "relief of knowing," and hope the shot/pt works!

BJ, so much for horoscopes--was more like a horror-scope? Anita, I love it--all the men lining up to ride with "the little ol' lady" lol! Kathleen, what a wonderful Cmas you'll have with all your kids/grands!

Had a leisurely drive/picnic at Suguaro ystrday a.m. Then I did many errands/chores--dump, fill, gas, grocery shop. Amazingly, the WMs I've been to haven't been so crowded, plus they've had an abundance of cashiers.

Today i'm going to Painted Rock Petroglyphs, may camp the night, or two. Yahoo, meeting Anita on Cmas day:) Y'all have a great day, be safe always.
carolb

Postby Colliemom » Tue Dec 23, 2014 9:44 am

G'morning all,

Cheryl, nice to see you post and start MC too :D And a very Merry Christmas to you as well. Fine snow coming down here in the west central U.P. 4-6 inches predicted for today into evening. That on top of 4 inches yesterday plus the close to a foot on the ground, will make for a very White Christmas indeed. will try to get pic for you. Not very cold here though, low 30's Looks like a wet rainy Christmas down home. Glad I am up here.

Just came in from the snowy outdoors with Molly. We did our first real leash walk today. Just up the road a bit and back. She did really well. Enjoyed exploring the new territory. And sometimes she walked me, :lol: Loved to put part of the leash in her mouth and head out. I'm just letting her play with it and get used to being on it. Serious training will wait till she's older. Was amazed at how much she's grown in these two weeks. Actually had to let the color out a bit. Course her coat is getting thicker too.

Carolb, sounds like you are having fun down there in AZ. Looks like Kathleen is going o have a really nice Christmas tool. Donna, glad to hear you at least got some ideas of what's going on with you back Hopefully you will feel better once you get into therapy and get the shots.

Well, I'm off and think I will start a jigsaw puzzle. Made a jello salad this morning and will have some with dinner tonight. Plan to put beef stew in slow cooker for tomorrow Mass is at 5, so dinner hour will be a little late, or early, depending. Have a wonderful day all.
Sue and the Furry Crew
Colliemom

Postby avalen » Tue Dec 23, 2014 9:46 am

good morning ladies
got the dishes done already, furnace is running and its warm and comfortable in here. Canceled the order on the hot water heater as I just can't justify spending the money at this time. It would just break the bank and I'd be broke until payday. Instead, pulled out my little 4 gal electric I had for my washing machine and temporarily installed that. Doing a little tidying up today and returning things out to the camper that belong there. Have one gift to get wrapped for youngest grandson, the two older ones got cards with cash. Lots of other little chores in the works but waiting for the sun to warm stuff up outside first. Weeds is at the top of my list before I get a notice from management to do them. They are very particular about that around here. Also have a tree that needs trimming just outside my fence.
Still waiting for the fifthwheel next door to go elsewhere so I can get my driveway and yard back and make sure no one misunderstands what my helping hand was all about.
Thats about it from my end of the world, ya'll have a great day and be safe.
Somewhere with Ava and Maggie
avalen

Postby chalet05 » Tue Dec 23, 2014 9:49 am

Good Morning,

Merry Christmas to you Cheryl!

As predicted, I was sound asleep when the alarm went off at 6:30! :( I did have a nice long nap yesterday!

Donna, glad you have answers if even they aren't good. Excited to be meeting Carolb for some time in the desert! :D

Today we are off to do laundry and shop - will be a long day.

Everyone have a good day - to those preparing for Christmas, enjoy!

Sue and Ava snuck in!
Anita
chalet05

Postby mitch5252 » Tue Dec 23, 2014 9:49 am

Good Morning, everyone!

I sent Travelinana (Nancy) an email yesterday and received a reply from her this morning. For undisclosed family reasons, she has had to stop traveling and has sold the Mobile Marlin to someone else. She is doing fine.

I hope all of you have a wonderful Christmas, filled with good food and family and friends and lots of love! Merry Christmas.

mitch5252

Postby bluepinecones » Tue Dec 23, 2014 12:40 pm

Good Morning. Yucky weather here - with 2 - 4 inches of rain forecast and I have to get out in it. At least the temp is near 60 today.

Insurance approved new APAP machine and my co-pay will be a little over $100.00/month for 13 months (Medicare requires you rent durable equipment that long before you own it). Earliest appointment I could get for picking it up is late afternoon; that is going to have me in rush hour traffic, heavy rain and after dark getting home. All those things I normally avoid, especially driving after dark as my night vision is poor. However, I am thrilled they approved the machine and looking forward to the possibility of a better night sleep.

Coffee long gone and I should find something useful to accomplish from my big "to do" list.

Merry Christmas.
The only major handicap in life is a bad attitude!
bluepinecones

Postby dayspring39 » Tue Dec 23, 2014 1:37 pm

Good Afternoon.... partly sunny damp day here in Normal... I searched for my gift bags yesterday until I was so frustrated... quit looking then went back later... found them... they were in the front bedroom closet under many things from the motorhome... so glad that I have them as they make wrapping gifts so much easier...
Talked to a couple of friends this morning so my morning was spent visiting... have not even fixed oatmeal yet... but I did have chocolate raspberry truffle coffee... it was very good... how they put that into coffee and no calories is beyond me...
I trust you all are keeping busy... glad you at least know what is wrong Donna... Take care of yourself Cheryl.... this is not a good year for you... sounds like a fun time you have planned Anita... riding to your hearts content... Mitch and several others thank you for the kind wishes... such a good group we have... have not seen Irmi lately but maybe she will check in later... Sarah my wish for you is a good nights sleep... I want one too... Ava your life seems to be roll with the punches lately!...
Enjoy this day...
Kathleen or Kathy

Use today wisely it's all you have; yesterday is a memory; tomorrow a dream... KLW[/b][/color]
dayspring39

Postby Carolinagal » Tue Dec 23, 2014 2:47 pm

Good Afternoon Everyone, hope you're all having a good day. Mine started out with lab work and no breakfast BUT early afternoon, I FINALLY received my drivers license. I thought you all would be so happy to know, you won't hear me whining about that situation anymore, my goodness, several months of it, way too much, SORRY !!!! Oh my goodness, think this year is ending on most of these problems being solved :roll: Tomorrow morning I am to be down at shop and they will install my new toilet seat yeahaw !!!!! :lol: This one will be treated with tender loving care, expensive and a real pain to get one.

Its rainy here and I'm kinda cleaning house ;) , and listening to the tv. have to pull out really early to get this seat, so won't have a lot of time in the morning. So glad they could do it at all.

No real news , have enjoyed hearing of the travels and the gals with the new bikes, what fun. I'm sure a long ways away for a ride, gosh !!

Enjoy the rest of your day, on the road, please take care,

CArol :)
Carolinagal

Postby Irmi » Tue Dec 23, 2014 3:04 pm

Hello everyone!

Kathleen, when I ready your post today, I figured the least I could do was check in to let you know we're alive and kicking. There really hasn't been anything to post about, other than saying hello.

So glad to hear that Carolb is safe in Arizona and will be meeting up with Anita Christmas day. I hope she has a chance to take a ride on the Slingshot while she's there. Ava, so glad you have an alternative to getting a new water heater. It's always nice being able to save a few dollars here and there. Donna, sure hope the PT and shots work for you. CArol, I hope your license will be one of your Christmas presents. Mitch, thanks for the update on Nancy. Judy, enjoy the bird watching. Sue, have fun in the U.P. I hope the weather holds off so you can attend the Christmas Eve service. Cheryl, Merry Christmas to you! Kathleen, you're going to be so busy getting together with your family! Sarah, I hoped the rains weren't too bad while you were out and about getting your new APAP. BJ, sometimes horoscopes really are horror-scopes! LOL! Martha, is there ever a chance that you might head into FL for a spell?

Steve & I are both keeping busy and there's so much to do here in the campground if you want things to do. I exercise twice a week and go to yoga twice, as well. Steve and the guys hit local diners on Tues. mornings for breakfast. Karaoke is Saturday nights and card games, Dominoes and other activities are there if we wish to attend. We've been able to sit outside almost everyday for the last couple weeks since the weather is warming up. Seven of us are getting together Christmas day for dinner, which I posted about in the General forum. I wish all of you well and the warmest Christmas greetings to all of you.

CArol, you got the Christmas present you've been waiting on!!! LOL!
Irmi

Postby Acadianmom » Tue Dec 23, 2014 8:37 pm

Irmi, I want to go to Florida but I am scheduled for cataract surgery the end of January. That will probably extend into February. We are suppose to go get my grandson in Tampa in July. By the time I get there most people have headed for cooler temperatures. That's not a trip I have much control over anyway.

I really should have gone to town yesterday. We were under a tornado watch most of the day. Harold said it hailed on him when he went to town. It was raining hard when I decided to head out. It was 75 about noon and it's down to 54 now. Suppose to be in the 30's tomorrow night.

I am finally baking a cake to make cake balls. Nothing like waiting until the last minute. :roll:

Martha
Martha
2010 Coach House
Acadianmom

Postby gingerK » Tue Dec 23, 2014 9:06 pm

Pretty late and not morning but just wanted to say WOOHOO!!!! CArol on finally getting that dang license!
Any day spent in the company of my animals is a good day.
gingerK

Postby bluepinecones » Tue Dec 23, 2014 11:27 pm

Look out if you are on the road in FL - CArol got her license back!!!!

I did get my new APAP late this afternoon. It was a scary drive home in rush hour traffic, heavy rain, lots of lightening and after dark but I made it without incident. My night vision has really gotten so bad, I have no business driving at night - and rarely do.
Really hoping the machine helps too but they did warn me it might take a few nights to adjust to it.

A friend left this here morning heading to New Orleans. I talked to her just as she was entering Mississippi and have not been able to get her on phone since. Just praying she got far enough south/west to escape the tornados there. Know cell towers and power out in several areas.

Good news from one of the antique malls. I sold an expensive Victorian silver tea set. So happy it found a new home - for the money and and more for preserving the workmanship of the era. Breaks my heart that so much beautiful antique silver has been melted down for cash.

We are under a flash flood warning - the entire county and I have water getting into the garage at an alarming rate - washer and dryer are already standing in water. Its going to be a long night but storms forecast to end by midnight. Nicky in hiding from thunder/lightening - actually more lightening than thunder. I think the worse of the storm is over, not raining as hard anyway.. News just said we've had 4 inches of rain since about 3:00 this afternoon, most of it between 5:00 and 10:00. Good thing temps are well above freezing.
The only major handicap in life is a bad attitude!
bluepinecones

Postby ryegal » Fri Dec 26, 2014 12:30 pm

Hi All, want a great get together idea? we had 20 people over tues. night everyone was to bring a appetizer then we had a contest to see which was best everyone knew this ahead of time and it was fantastic!!! :D So staying true to my vacation to Connecticut and Mass. I made a phillo cups filled with lobster M M Good! When we do this everyone gets into it .the first time we did this we had prepared a dinner but it to much with the wonderful appts.
ryegal

Return to Morning Coffee