Cold Windy Thursday

Let's start our day with a good morning here.

Cold Windy Thursday

Postby Colliemom » Thu Dec 18, 2014 8:36 am

Good Morning Ladies,

Bit on the chilly side here this morning. Had a little snow yesterday too. Probably less than 2 inches or so Debating whether or not to blow off drive. Did shovel off deck while Molly observed. She's getting used to stuff around here slow but sure. Has been an active pup but also sleeping a lot, mostly in the afternoons which gives me time to do things around here. Housebreaking routine is coming along fine. She's starting to learn that when I say outside, we are going potty. It's gotten to the point where I really don't have to go out with her much anymore. She is using my deck for a giant pee pad :lol: But not every time. Doesn't matter. Just s long as she does it. If she has to do the other job, she beelines of the deck and head to the yard. Then comes running back when she's done. So we are getting there. Course we have misses in the house yet as I don't always catch her soon enough. Toys and I are keeping her busy. She doesn't seem to be interested in chewing on shoes or that kind of thing other than playing with my slippers while I have them on my feet. Loves of grab hold and snarl and growl while I wiggle my toes in them. She's adopted my other pair of shoes as her pillow for nap time

House cleaning day today, once the fur ball settles down. Been busy getting stuff ready to head north on Saturday. Baked some butter cookies and made some apple sauce yesterday. Will make a pumpkin pie to take along tomorrow. Need to pick up a few things at the store as well. Then pack up stuff that's on the bed so we can roll out on Saturday morning. Be interesting to see how she likes the changes going up there. Have to get a new housebreaking routine going as no fenced yard to go out in. But ti's only for a week. She needs to be exposed to other thins besides wheat's around here. Have discovered she's afraid of moving vehicles, so will have to work on that. It's okay to have a dog who respected vehicles but not terrified of them. Something new to learn about.

Made first initial trip to vet on Tuesday. Had planned to just do a meet and greet and make appt. for visit, but they weren't busy at the time and one vet said she would be glad to see her. Did find out that she has Coccidia, so she is on antibiotics. Noticed she was having a little diarrhea on Sunday. Is doing fine now. Will finish up antibiotics end of week. Also got some deworming stuff, flea and tick stuff, hearworm meds etc. Only cost me $6.02 as had coupon for first checkup from the AKC for registering her. Did have to pay for anitbiotics though.

Donna glad you are planning to vamoose on some day trips. Know that feeling of wanting to get out and go. Anita, can relate to your mind working full time when you are trying to sleep Been there and still doing that :lol: Beth, good luck finding some couples for SD next summer. Souds like everybody else is either about ready for Christmas or working at it. Nothing to do here. Tree in box to take along. May have to put it up on fridge :lol:

Time to get moving around here. Washing done, needs to go in dryer, house to clean, etc. Have a great day everyone :)
Sue and the Furry Crew
Colliemom

Re: Cold Windy Thursday

Postby chalet05 » Thu Dec 18, 2014 9:24 am

Good Morning,

What a content puppy!

Woke to rain, but it is to stop soon! We are leaving at 8 to go to Lake Havasu to pick up my new toy. I am excited but a little apprehensive as well.

I'm too jittery to think so everyone have a good day and safe travels!
Anita
chalet05

Postby dayspring39 » Thu Dec 18, 2014 10:22 am

Good Morning ... twas the week before Christmas and everyone was in a rush!! slingshots and puppies wow what could be more fun! Yes Anita I get 3 cups from 2 k-cups... need to do some experimenting with the 3 different cup sizes... also have the insert to use my own coffee...

Kelsie did not come yesterday and never heard why... that is two times in three weeks... not sure what is actually going on...

I tried to fix the steam machine again yesterday and burned my hand and arm... held it under cool water for a long time several times in the afternoon... very tender this morning... how foolish I was!

Weather is cold but only overcast and no snow...
Beth if I was 10 years younger I would apply!! but alas age has taken its toll on me...
Have a great day and enjoy!
Kathleen or Kathy

Use today wisely it's all you have; yesterday is a memory; tomorrow a dream... KLW[/b][/color]
dayspring39

Postby monik7 » Thu Dec 18, 2014 10:36 am

I'm headed off for another day on jury duty, but that pic of Molly has already made my day. :)
Sandi
Bindi (Maltipoo) and Abby (Shih Tzu/Poodle)

"Without the animals men would die of a great loneliness of the spirit." ~ Chief Seattle
“A dog can change the way you see the world.” ~ Anyone who has a dog
monik7

Postby Othersharon » Thu Dec 18, 2014 10:53 am

Good morning. Sue, your baby looks so contented! Don't envy you having to housebreak a pup this time of year! But it's worth it to have such a cutie! Anita, how exciting to get your new "toy"! Another gloomy day here today. They say some sun today but it sure doesn't look like it now. It's windy and snow flurries flying. I didn't go out yesterday to do my running around and really need to do it today. I finally got all my cards done and need to get them to the post office. That's about the end of my Christmas to do list! Moving slow the last few days, Somehow or another my back went out on me. I haven't had that happen for a long time. I decided it was time to get to the chiropractor and wanted to go to one here in town instead of driving over the mountain to the one I've gone to for years. I've been torn about changing but would like to have someone closer. I can't get in for a new patient appointment until Monday. It's not as bad as it was a few days ago so I'll just keep icing it and taking ibuprofen until Monday. The up side of it is I'm staying on my feet moving around and doing stuff! It hurt s more when I sit for to long! But anyway, I hope everyone has a good day. Stay warm and safe!
Othersharon

Postby BarbaraRose » Thu Dec 18, 2014 11:18 am

Good morning gals! Off to work here shortly for another long, busy day!

We actually saw the sun here yesterday! After 7+ days of rain, fog, dreary weather. But much colder now too. Cloudy with snow flurries this morning.

Sue, Molly sure is cute! How does she like the snow? Does she sit in your lap at all?

Kathleen, get some aloe vera gel for that burn!!!

Got the material and stuff to make a cockpit cover for my kayak so will probably work on that right after Christmas. Got some pretty material (waterproof) with goofy cats on it in white, red and black colors. Will take pics.

Hope you all have a great day! :D
Barbie, Romeow, and Sophie, missing Lola! (and lots of ferrets running around in my heart!)

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"
-Anatole France
BarbaraRose

Postby MandysMom » Thu Dec 18, 2014 1:16 pm

Sounds like everyone is busy and happy. Kathy if you have a health food store nearby, get a little bottle of lavender oil. It's great on minor burns. Burned myself on an oven rack recently. Ran under cold tap water repeatedly and the hurt kept coming back. Because I have been trying to learn about essential oils I went on laptop to see which essential oil might help. Found a story about a scientist quite a few years ago who was pretty badly burned in a lab accident. The only thing he could think of was to plunge his arm and hand into a vat of lavender oil he had on hand. He was amazed how it killed the pain and how the burn healed quickly. So after reading that I went and got my lavender oil, which I had barely used for scenting various things. Dabbed it on the burns and amazed the pain just went away. Next afternoon happened to remember the burn then had to try to figure out where it was on my hand, barely a pink spot and no pain at all. I am keeping it on hand and exploring more uses but just the burn use is worth it esp at this time of year during baking.
Sunny here at moment but rain expected later. Hoping to get hubby out for his shopping but depends on how he feels when he finally gets up, his arthritis from psoriasis is so bad. Had son to Orthopedic Dr yesterday. MRI confirmed lateral and medial collateral ligament sprains in knee injured two months ago in fall, and a bone bruise. Said needs PT and time to heal in brace at least two more months. Oh goody another set of trips on my calendar and some may be same time Mel's radiation starts. Somehow I will juggle it. Need to work on wrapping and few cards yet. So glad and grateful that I am healthy!
Have a good day all.
Velda
MandysMom

Postby bluepinecones » Fri Dec 19, 2014 12:10 am

Was not such a good day around here - in fact very frustrating, but it did finally have a mostly positive outcome so not complaining.

Off and on phone for 6 hour period again today trying to resolve communication problems between doctor staff, sleep lab and medical device supplier - think all 3 organizations were training new staff with no supervision. Between all the paperwork both Medicare and Blue Cross want it is no wonder why US medical costs are so high; even trying to keep up with the yearly changes is a lot like same for IRS regulations - another sore spot with me. Anyway after 3 days of this finally far enough along that I have appointment tomorrow to look at options on the APAP. Might even get to walk out with one.

Other little things crept up during the day just to test how far my last nerve might stretch - kept loosing Internet connection, had to reset modem 4 times before it seemed to stabilize, then a toilet not flushing properly (will deal with that tomorrow as I have another one), no luck letting my fingers do the walking looking for a gift I wanted, let Nicky out and forgot him - there is a nice new big hole in the back yard, and there is either a mouse or chipmunk in the garage - Terminix coming Monday.

With the exception of whatever bills show up as result of all the medical stuff lately, my other bills are all caught up; that is a relief. Gutters clean and all the leaves out of driveway and along paths. Yard still needs a lot of work so I can plant some winter rye before escaping to FL.

Now if we could just get some sunshine tomorrow the world would look much better.
The only major handicap in life is a bad attitude!
bluepinecones

Return to Morning Coffee