Wed..busy for Christmas?

Let's start our day with a good morning here.

Wed..busy for Christmas?

Postby grammynmaggie » Wed Dec 17, 2014 9:34 am

good morning everyone guess everyone busy getting ready for Christmas....me I cleaned out dads refrigerator this morning ...he would never let me throw anything away i Found stuff in there since 2007 well out
it went this morning...Later I am going to work on getting the rig ready to roll out of here every morning and then just come back and park at night....I have got to do something I'm going crazy here...are you busy bees out there have a fun filled day and be safe
grammynmaggie

Re: Wed..busy for Christmas?

Postby gingerK » Wed Dec 17, 2014 10:56 am

Morning Donna and all gals who follow!

Not busy just slept really late--8 o'clock! Couldn't sleep last night so stayed up reading til 11:30. Buddy came upstairs this morning, hoping to get me up at 5:00 and jumped on the bed and rolled on me, he weighs 100lbs.! DH and I were supposed to go out for breakfast with some of our friends before work but I yelled at Buddy to "go away" and DH figured he'd better leave me sleep! LOL Smart man!

Just most of the same old, same old here today. Did some Christmas shopping for my pets and daily clients yesterday, pretty much done. Will put tree up this weekend and we will go to Abraham Lincoln National Cemetary with MIL to place wreaths on FIL's and my Dad's graves. It's something we do every year and intended to do last weekend but MIL forgot she was going to a Christmas choir concert at her church so we rescheduled.

Need to bop over to FB to message a friend about dates for watching her horses in January; I have a free weekend the same time she usually needs me and Carrie and I are having a girls weekend. So need to know if friend will be needing my services or not. I'll have one of my "girls" do the job if she does.

Everyone stay safe on the roads and be well,
Kathy
Any day spent in the company of my animals is a good day.
gingerK

Postby dayspring39 » Wed Dec 17, 2014 11:39 am

Good Morning everyone... coffee and oatmeal gone... need to get moving... my hand steamer is still not working even though I used vinegar in it... maybe will have to watch for a deal or after Christmas sale...

Kelsie and I will try to get the cupboards above the pass through cleaned and new shelf paper put in... may pack away some of the things in hopes grandchildren want them... have gotten rid of some nice things when three of my grands have gotten married...

Grandson Tim is working hard at his physical therapy for his shoulder... he must be crazy not working for so very long...

Pain has subsided this morning so maybe I can move around some...

Sarah sure hope they get the approval for your new c-pap... as Tina said blood and air are essential to live... Glad you are thinking of day trips Donna...

Take care what ever you do today...
Kathleen or Kathy

Use today wisely it's all you have; yesterday is a memory; tomorrow a dream... KLW[/b][/color]
dayspring39

Postby chalet05 » Wed Dec 17, 2014 12:13 pm

Good Morning!

Sarah, hope you get that new Cpap! Kathleen, wondering if you are 'cheap' like me and use each K-cup for more than one cup of coffee? Donna, sorry your family won't be coming for Christmas. Kathy, I went to sleep too early last night so was watching TV at 2:30 after being awake for an hour. Too much running through my head. Evie, looking forward to seeing you at the Q GTG!

I had Monday to myself and was very productive! Convinced someone I needed two more days, but then all heck broke loose yesterday. Neighbor caught me outside while I was dumping tanks - not sure how long I was out there. Came in to find a phone message that my Slingshot has arrived! Will pick it up tomorrow. That led to calls about insurance - nearly called the whole thing off when two carriers quoted $1200 a year! Found more affordable coverage. Plus, LeRoy had done some research on a special trailer to haul the Slingshot so we dealt with that info. He'll be over after while and we'll make final decision on that so it can be ordered while they are having a special. That will mean a trip to Denver to pick it up, but that won't be for awhile. At any rate, my little bit of fun is getting quite costly, but I'm still excited.

Slept until 9 so need to get a move on! Have a great day everyone and safe travels.
Anita
chalet05

Postby Bethers » Wed Dec 17, 2014 12:46 pm

Anita, I'm so glad someone other than me slept till 9!

Cloudy here in the desert this morning. Rained some, also. But Peaches and I got a good walk in. I've been being way too lazy. Still need to get posts from SD on the blog before I can do ones here (my own rules lol).

I'm still looking for one good couple to workamp with me in SD this coming summer. I'm in the process of sending out contracts to several people, heard from one of the couples that I counted on, that they won't be able to do it this year. So if ahh you are interested or know any couples who might be, speak up! And singles aren't ruled out, every other contact is going to a single, but I really would like more people and only have one more site available.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby JudyJB » Wed Dec 17, 2014 1:57 pm

Slept in until 9:30 this morning, but have spent the last four hours verifying grades, entering grades, and dealing with sob stories from students who "need" a higher grade than they are getting. I feel sorry for these students and their situations, but the college does not allow me to play favorites and it would be opening up a horribly large can of worms to do that, anyway. (Might have followed instructions and proofread documents instead.) I have weak internet here at Myakka and had over 40 emails between last night and this morning, not all from students, but all needing to be answered.

It has been a very stressful semester, so I am VERY glad to have three weeks off before the next semester, even though I still have to set up new semester class. This is mostly changing dates and updating assignments. And as has happened for several semesters over the past couple of years, I had expected to teach a graduate and an undergraduate class, so had spent several (well over 10) hours getting the graduate class updated. Then yesterday, I got an email telling me I would teach two undergrad classes and someone else would teach my grad class! So all that time spent was for nothing, and I still have to get the undergrad class ready. Very frustrating, but I try to roll with it.

Drove to La Mesa Fleetwood RV dealer in Fort Myers yesterday to get a new water pump. Cost me $310. I would have had them replace the toilet seal, but that would have been another $350+, so I said to forget it for now. I think I am going to order the seal from Fleetwood and try to replace it myself. There are some videos online on how to do this. Not a job I will enjoy because it involves some lifting in cramped quarters, but I just do not want to spend big bucks to pay someone to do it.

I was upset with their hourly rates and how much time they estimate to do tasks, plus the fact that they charged me $65 labor to replace two tail lights and $65 to check the air in my tires!!! I've had other dealers not charge if you were getting other service. So, I am also going to order some replacement tail light bulbs and do that myself in the future. (Except for the very high ones!) I can think of a lot better places to spend money!!

Glad to be in good weather here, so I am going to close one slide and work on cleaning and reorganizing a couple of my storage bins. Really need to do it because am to the point where things are disappearing on me again. Also, need to put some Chlorox and fresh water in water tank so I have it while I drive. Been filling two empty bleach jugs with water to flush toilets and wash my hands with as I drove for the past four months, so it will be nice to have a working water pump. Also, will be nice to be able to dry camp if I need to.
JudyJB
http://grandmajjb.blogspot.com/
https://2022humongousukadventure.blogspot.com/
"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts." Mark Twain.
JudyJB

Location: In various COE and state parks in Florida for winter.

Postby Acadianmom » Wed Dec 17, 2014 4:48 pm

I went to get my hair cut this morning, ran errands and went to Walmart. Monday I was in town all afternoon for a funeral and yesterday I was in town all afternoon at the eye doctor. Maybe tomorrow I can stay home. I am going to have cataract surgery the end of January. I almost ran out of gas yesterday. Going to town I didn't have time to fill up before my appointment. When I started home I forgot I needed gas and I couldn't see that the light came on. We had to put lawnmower gas in the car this morning so I could get to town.

Judy, $65 to check the air sounds a bit steep to me. Years ago it cost more to fix a toilet than a whole new one cost. I changed one once. All I had to do was unbolt the old one and bolt the new one down. The hose had a quick connect that I unscrewed. Some of the newer ones are more involved but I don't think it would be worth having one fixed if you had to pay an RV place to do it.

I have about run out of steam for Christmas shopping. I still need to mail 2 Christmas cards and that isn't getting done very fast. Every year I do less and less. I got the tree out but Harold had a bunch of his junk on the table I put the tree on. I don't feel like finding a place to put his stuff. It will just be us here for Christmas so probably won't even cook much. I usually make cookies and candy for my friend's family. Can't put that off much longer.

Martha
Martha
2010 Coach House
Acadianmom

Postby bluepinecones » Wed Dec 17, 2014 9:24 pm

Judy, I almost fainted the first time I took Magic to RV shop for some warranty service and made the mistake of asking them to check tire pressure while they had her - $50.00. First and only time I've ever been charges for checking tires. Won't make that mistake again.
The only major handicap in life is a bad attitude!
bluepinecones

Postby JudyJB » Wed Dec 17, 2014 10:34 pm

I am going to Michelin dealers from now on. they do it for free. I know it does not take half an hour to check air--more like 5-10 minutes so I am very unhappy. Not going back to that dealer again!! :x
JudyJB
http://grandmajjb.blogspot.com/
https://2022humongousukadventure.blogspot.com/
"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts." Mark Twain.
JudyJB

Location: In various COE and state parks in Florida for winter.

Postby Bethers » Wed Dec 17, 2014 11:44 pm

JudyJB wrote:I am going to Michelin dealers from now on. they do it for free. I know it does not take half an hour to check air--more like 5-10 minutes so I am very unhappy. Not going back to that dealer again!! :x

Judy, I stop at ANY tire place and they always check my tires free. Just try to plan to have one first thing, cuz they do ask how long you've been driving. One said he'd be glad to check if I wanted to sit there an hour and make sure they tires weren't hot. So, don't worry about if it's a Michelin dealers - just if you fit in their lot or even on the street near the lot. Tire places are wonderful. One replaced all my extenders with better ones and wouldn't even take money for that!

And the Ford dealers I use to get oil changes always do the checks of tires, etc for free with the oil change - at a fraction of the cost of going to dealers. I'm glad most Ford dealers will still take my rig. And I've seen many with bigger rigs - so never be afraid to call them. Same price for an oil change as a car since we're the same amt of oil.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby carold » Thu Dec 18, 2014 7:09 am

Judy, did you get my PM about meeting up?
carold

Return to Morning Coffee