Rainy, Colder Tuesday

Let's start our day with a good morning here.

Rainy, Colder Tuesday

Postby Colliemom » Tue Dec 16, 2014 6:47 am

Good Morning all,

As Pat said yesterday, the colder air is working it's way in today. Warmth of last two days took care of snow in these parts. Might see a little into morning hours tomorrow, but no big deal. But the fog is gone after 5 days of it. I'll take it.

Day 3 with new fur kid has begun. Housebreaking routine is going well, she's gotten the outside part of it down pat and heads out across the grass as soon as we go out. Just need to watch the signs when she's in. Right now she's sleeping by my feet, so I expect a potty run before long.

Trip by vet's and maybe some shopping on the agenda for today. She can go for a car ride. Needs the practice before we go north on Saturday.

Bacon, sausage, cereal, eggs and toast available here this morning. Have a great day all :)
Sue and the Furry Crew
Colliemom

Re: Rainy, Colder Tuesday

Postby grammynmaggie » Tue Dec 16, 2014 9:08 am

good ing sue and all....Gladall is going well with you and your new fur baby..
it is a beautiful sunny morning here in Melbourne Florida after a cool night highs will be in 7th all week
looks like even through Christmas....well it looks like my daughter and hubby
will not be coming for Christmas...she text me yesterday said don't count on us did not say why
and I didn't ask it really doesn't matter why...just the fact they aren't coming is what matters
well that's all for now have a fun filled and they safe..donna
grammynmaggie

Postby Pooker » Tue Dec 16, 2014 10:55 am

Mornin' Sue, Donna and all those to follow. Gonna be cold and rainy here in So. Cal. all week they say. And my son is supposed to come today to tear apart my generator and fix! I need that before the Q GTG and time is running out fast. Have to keep fingers crossed and be patient (not my strong suit).

Pooker
Evie
Southern California
Pooker

Postby dayspring39 » Tue Dec 16, 2014 12:35 pm

Good chilly morning from Normal! yes had my oatmeal and k-cups 3 of them will dwindled down before I know it!!
Poppy breaking is interesting... every little one is so different... some just take to it and others do not... Shadow did real good... he was 6 months when I got him and the outside was so new to him... he was excited to crouch down and put his nose in the grass... he loved every thing new... so much fun...
My body has been giving me fits for 3 and a half days now... it is a bit better this morning...
I tried to get my little steamer to go yesterday and nothing happened... I like to use it in the corners and on the sinks once in a while... guess it died! no working parts just the jug with a safety lid and hose for the steam... it got hot but no steam.
Hope the son gets the genny going... Donna downsizing has been going on here for a long time... things were made much worse when the kids bought everything inside from the motorhome... yikes...
Take care everyone... have a great day what ever you are doing...
Kathleen or Kathy

Use today wisely it's all you have; yesterday is a memory; tomorrow a dream... KLW[/b][/color]
dayspring39

Postby bluepinecones » Tue Dec 16, 2014 8:32 pm

A late check in - not much going on around here

Saw sleep doctor. Sleep study results were disappointing tho not unexpected as poorly as I've been sleeping. Study indicated that as soon as I entered REM sleep or if I rolled onto my back my oxygen dropped dramatically. I apparently stop breathing. Brain wakes me up when it gets deprived of oxygen. Medically I qualified for one of the newer variable pressure (auto adjusting) CPAP machines. Supplier is supposed to be checking with insurance to see if they will cover part of the cost as they are much more expensive than a standard CPAP. So it is a waiting game for now. Insurance companies so busy with open enrollment period policies, it could take a while to get anything resolved.
The only major handicap in life is a bad attitude!
bluepinecones

Postby MandysMom » Wed Dec 17, 2014 3:48 am

About that Cpap . I was told by the respiratory tech at the sleep center I used ( it verified what I learned from the sleep apnea group online) that insurance both Medicare and at that time I was just Blue Cross as it was a year before I turned 65, that does not matter which machine, insurance pays same,but they are required by law to provide the machine your doctor orders. What they try to do because of the same $$ no matter which machine,is, provide the cheapest machine they can get away with. If your doctor orders an auto Cpap ( what I have) those are more than twice as expensive as a standard cheap Cpap that just runs one pressure, but they have to provide it. An auto Cpap, by the way, monitors your breathing and if you either stop or your volume goes down, it increases the pressure to compensate. My machine is set for an open pressure of 8 to 20. I start at 8 and sometimes it stays that way all night . Other nights it gets up as high as 12. Two things cause mine to raise pressure: a leak in my mask which happens with the best fitting once in a while and the second is my lungs tightening over night so I have less capacity. you might consider getting an Oximeter with a little finger clamp. There are some good ones talked about in the online apnea group. For around $40 to $80 you can get one which will alarm if you O2 goes down but more important you can download it to computer and have a record to show doctor to make sure oxygen levels are staying where they need to. I am a almost 9 year user of auto Cpap and would be happy to answer any questions if I can. Be sure you get a humidifier chamber with your machine. The pressure air dries you out. And only use distilled water in it.
Let me also emphasize this: the squeaky wheel gets the grease. Remind them you could be harmed medically if they fool around. Bug them at least weekly until they get it done. Approval if so ordered by the doctor should not take long. Because I have my older machine I did not stay on the company because they said they would call back. I got tired and called them repeatedly until they called me back and all of a sudden they "found my paperwork" and gave me an appointment for this Friday to get new mask fitting and pick up new machine. Eventually you may want to see about getting a 12 v cord for your Cpap so you can plug into the 12 v cigarette type plug in our RV. To make this short as I can, with a regular 110 cord they come with , in RV using RV batteries you are taking battery 12 v and inverting it to 110 for the Cpap. If you have a 12 v adaptor cord and plug into a 12 v cigarette type outlet in RV you are actually using your battery more efficiently. I can run both my Cpap and Mel's BIPAP (when he needed it) all night if we use 12 v cords but batteries shut off to,protect them selves half way through night using 110 via inverter.
The best apnea group online is
http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/
Velda
MandysMom

Postby BirdbyBird » Wed Dec 17, 2014 9:03 am

What ever it takes, Sarah. I have a guiding principle that when it comes to either loss of blood and/or oxygen, my "Its important" meter goes off. Dust off some of your "Secret Agent" skills and prepare for the negotiations! We want you sleeping and resting well so that you can be healthier and enjoy FL this winter!

Velda, thanks for sharing your information and inspiring Sarah to proceed and succeed. :)
Tina and the furry companions...Lark, Audrey and Jane
BirdbyBird

Postby mitch5252 » Wed Dec 17, 2014 5:20 pm

BirdbyBird wrote:...Dust off some of your "Secret Agent" skills and prepare for the negotiations! We want you sleeping and resting well so that you can be healthier and enjoy FL this winter!

Velda, thanks for sharing your information and inspiring Sarah to proceed and succeed. :)

LOLOL on the first sentence.
And X 2 on both of the following sentences.

mitch5252

Postby bluepinecones » Wed Dec 17, 2014 10:40 pm

Thanks for all those tips and encouraging words. I read some on the Apnea forum; lots to learn. Will try to find out more about he variable pressure machines. Will most certainly want the 12v adaptor and if possible a heated hose to prevent the back splash.
Not much progress yet. Was on phone several times between doctor office and medical device supplier just trying to get paperwork straightened out. A bit frustrating to say the least. With any luck, tomorrow will be better and we can move forward.
The only major handicap in life is a bad attitude!
bluepinecones

Postby MandysMom » Thu Dec 18, 2014 4:15 am

I love being able to help when I can. I don't have a heated hose and really don't get rained on, as we call it, hardly ever. However if in an RV where it's cooler at night, that cool will cause condensation and rain into your face during night sometimes. Can be quite a surprise if you turn over and get a shower! LOL I did buy a thermal insulated quilted sleeve for my hose but it made the hose so heavy it was uncomfortable so I took it off. You may or may not need the heated hose. If insurance pays, go for it, otherwise see if you get rain or not. If my hose is mostly off the edge of the bed any condensation usually stays down in the bend. Rain out usually is dependent too on how much pressure you are set for. At 6 my old pressure, I virtually never had rain out. At 8 to 9 once in a long while but if pressure gets up around 12 it happens more often.
Good luck. We can compare notes once you get yours and I pick up my new machine. I can't emphasize enough to people who get a Cpap and are intimidated by it- using it consistently can change your life for the better!
Velda
MandysMom

Return to Morning Coffee